Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One of the Roundsey dragons changed
I said something before here, I wanted to offer my G1 Girl [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90679877]Attis[/url], as a comparison for Fern. 1st image is after, 2nd is before. 3rd image is a comparison between the two, where the images are side by side. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90679877][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/906799/90679877_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/cXSgFnK.png[/img] It may be hard to compare the two, so here is a side by side. No modifications were made except the background (made to match FR's colours) and the text was added. [img]https://i.imgur.com/9fPZUX7.png[/img] Honestly, while it's much more subtle on my girl, I can point out a few major differences like the belly colour being 'inverted" compared to the old one. The spirals are smaller and less purple in some places. The did add some purple in places, but the differences between the two are pretty clear when you go back and forth between the two images a few hundred times (like I did last night lol). I think she came out okay, but if I had Paisley on any of my Aura's I'd be heartbroken. I liked the "wrong" one way more. I think I even prefer the "wrong" version of Fern. They were both breed differences that I think added diversity to the breed, and really broke up the genes. Now I think both genes together make the design look much more muddled.
I said something before here, I wanted to offer my G1 Girl Attis, as a comparison for Fern.
1st image is after, 2nd is before. 3rd image is a comparison between the two, where the images are side by side.
90679877_350.png
cXSgFnK.png
It may be hard to compare the two, so here is a side by side. No modifications were made except the background (made to match FR's colours) and the text was added.
9fPZUX7.png

Honestly, while it's much more subtle on my girl, I can point out a few major differences like the belly colour being 'inverted" compared to the old one. The spirals are smaller and less purple in some places. The did add some purple in places, but the differences between the two are pretty clear when you go back and forth between the two images a few hundred times (like I did last night lol). I think she came out okay, but if I had Paisley on any of my Aura's I'd be heartbroken. I liked the "wrong" one way more. I think I even prefer the "wrong" version of Fern. They were both breed differences that I think added diversity to the breed, and really broke up the genes. Now I think both genes together make the design look much more muddled.
heyZH2H.png
9R2Unq1.png
mjtJ868.png
wh3Tiip.png
RtSltil.png
YMPbu9R.png

Welcome to the Forgotten Gale. Every dragon that joins the Gale forgets their past memories and gets new ones, how odd... Click the Lore button to learn more
uz2jkLP.png
Ah..... how disappointing.

I don't really enjoy either Fern or Paisley, so i've not been directly affected by the change, but honestly? Yeah, it looked way better before the fix.

Even Fern looked better with the thicker spirals; it felt like it had more movement and matched the body shape of Aura's more because they have thicker, muscular bodies - so the pattern matched it better before.

Altogether they look awfully flat now, and like the pattern has just been slapped on without a thought for the silohette of how the breed's body shape works; or how feathers work in Paisley.

I think the Devs need to decide whether that portion of the topmost feathers & head crest should act like a mane (as with other maned breeds) or not. I feel like this is where the inconsistency is coming from - if it was a mane, then it matched Obelisk Paisley mane just fine as it was??

Not looking to argue with anyone who prefers it being how it is now, just putting my two cents in that actually it was much more interesting visually before, now it looks too busy in my personal opinion at least.

For reference, I think I have one whole dragon in my lair that has Paisley, and she's an Obelisk :P So think thats a clear indication that I prefer it more subtle as it was before on Auraboas.
Ah..... how disappointing.

I don't really enjoy either Fern or Paisley, so i've not been directly affected by the change, but honestly? Yeah, it looked way better before the fix.

Even Fern looked better with the thicker spirals; it felt like it had more movement and matched the body shape of Aura's more because they have thicker, muscular bodies - so the pattern matched it better before.

Altogether they look awfully flat now, and like the pattern has just been slapped on without a thought for the silohette of how the breed's body shape works; or how feathers work in Paisley.

I think the Devs need to decide whether that portion of the topmost feathers & head crest should act like a mane (as with other maned breeds) or not. I feel like this is where the inconsistency is coming from - if it was a mane, then it matched Obelisk Paisley mane just fine as it was??

Not looking to argue with anyone who prefers it being how it is now, just putting my two cents in that actually it was much more interesting visually before, now it looks too busy in my personal opinion at least.

For reference, I think I have one whole dragon in my lair that has Paisley, and she's an Obelisk :P So think thats a clear indication that I prefer it more subtle as it was before on Auraboas.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
Yeesh. This just keeps happening, huh? First Obelisks with flair, then Skydancers with butterfly, now this... :/

Sometimes consistency isn't the best option to go with, and actively ends up making dragons look worse. I thought this was clear by now, since it's been brought up so many times before... >_>
Yeesh. This just keeps happening, huh? First Obelisks with flair, then Skydancers with butterfly, now this... :/

Sometimes consistency isn't the best option to go with, and actively ends up making dragons look worse. I thought this was clear by now, since it's been brought up so many times before... >_>
Ly | It/its | FRT+ 0 | 23
[quote name="Perseids" date="2024-02-19 10:19:46" ] Oh that's a shame... the old version DID look nicer. We already have Obes w/their different flaunt/flair or whatever, why not let Auras have this too? [/quote]
Perseids wrote on 2024-02-19 10:19:46:
Oh that's a shame... the old version DID look nicer. We already have Obes w/their different flaunt/flair or whatever, why not let Auras have this too?
Devon

92119865.png
SfN2VDO.png
qN1OyUr.png
mlHpBMC.png

xmikUei.png
o9yS1eq.png
voyURL5.png

lAvpyOQ.png
rix3ppo.png
7fFdbks.png
t3kr0g.png
I'm not really keen on this update either. When it comes to harmless inconsistencies like this that could easily be mistaken as intentional, I'd prefer it be left alone. Or, at the very least, make it much more clear that it's a bug going to be fixed.
I'm not really keen on this update either. When it comes to harmless inconsistencies like this that could easily be mistaken as intentional, I'd prefer it be left alone. Or, at the very least, make it much more clear that it's a bug going to be fixed.
fruityfresh%20by%20underscum.png
[quote name="furbyworm" date="2024-02-19 18:16:42" ] I feel like consistency is not nearly as important as how nice the gene looks [/quote] ^^^
furbyworm wrote on 2024-02-19 18:16:42:
I feel like consistency is not nearly as important as how nice the gene looks

^^^
oNPnEqv.jpeg
[quote name="Squidily" date="2024-02-20 07:45:12" ] It may be hard to compare the two, so here is a side by side. No modifications were made except the background (made to match FR's colours) and the text was added. [img]https://i.imgur.com/9fPZUX7.png[/img] Honestly, while it's much more subtle on my girl, I can point out a few major differences like the belly colour being 'inverted" compared to the old one. The spirals are smaller and less purple in some places. The did add some purple in places, but the differences between the two are pretty clear when you go back and forth between the two images a few hundred times (like I did last night lol). I think she came out okay, but if I had Paisley on any of my Aura's I'd be heartbroken. I liked the "wrong" one way more. I think I even prefer the "wrong" version of Fern. They were both breed differences that I think added diversity to the breed, and really broke up the genes. Now I think both genes together make the design look much more muddled. [/quote] I never really looked at Fern on Auraboas, but they changed the belly highlight, too! It looks so much worse and less realistic now. D: It used to contour to the belly scales, but now it's a formless squiggly white line instead. This whole update keeps getting more and more disappointing. I prefer the old Fern, too.
Squidily wrote on 2024-02-20 07:45:12:
It may be hard to compare the two, so here is a side by side. No modifications were made except the background (made to match FR's colours) and the text was added.
9fPZUX7.png

Honestly, while it's much more subtle on my girl, I can point out a few major differences like the belly colour being 'inverted" compared to the old one. The spirals are smaller and less purple in some places. The did add some purple in places, but the differences between the two are pretty clear when you go back and forth between the two images a few hundred times (like I did last night lol). I think she came out okay, but if I had Paisley on any of my Aura's I'd be heartbroken. I liked the "wrong" one way more. I think I even prefer the "wrong" version of Fern. They were both breed differences that I think added diversity to the breed, and really broke up the genes. Now I think both genes together make the design look much more muddled.

I never really looked at Fern on Auraboas, but they changed the belly highlight, too! It looks so much worse and less realistic now. D: It used to contour to the belly scales, but now it's a formless squiggly white line instead.

This whole update keeps getting more and more disappointing. I prefer the old Fern, too.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Hooperosa" date="2024-02-20 09:25:38" ] [quote name="furbyworm" date="2024-02-19 18:16:42" ] I feel like consistency is not nearly as important as how nice the gene looks [/quote] ^^^ [/quote]
Hooperosa wrote on 2024-02-20 09:25:38:
furbyworm wrote on 2024-02-19 18:16:42:
I feel like consistency is not nearly as important as how nice the gene looks

^^^
wish energy used to draw up those parts went into fixing some actual more obvious errors (most that I see left in thread are minor and wouldn't change THAT much but would be welcomed change, imo). I don't get it why was gene even fixed this drasticly, be it error or not

like, I get it, consistency... but this felt like minor thing, could been left to stay
wish energy used to draw up those parts went into fixing some actual more obvious errors (most that I see left in thread are minor and wouldn't change THAT much but would be welcomed change, imo). I don't get it why was gene even fixed this drasticly, be it error or not

like, I get it, consistency... but this felt like minor thing, could been left to stay
WIhgWqV.png yeetWr77RAu.png
yeet
you
see
mE
wHy
yeet hYZxkBA.gif
This feels like a huge downgrade :( I wish they would poll the community when its a change this BIG sometimes.. My dragon changed and I am so sad. [emoji=auraboa sad size=1] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gBai1xg.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=95&bodygene=244&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=232&winggene=244&wings=146&auth=a1762c7e06205e2e4d09f239f98435609be8b01e&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
This feels like a huge downgrade :( I wish they would poll the community when its a change this BIG sometimes..

My dragon changed and I am so sad.

gBai1xg.png
dragon?age=1&body=95&bodygene=244&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=29&tertgene=232&winggene=244&wings=146&auth=a1762c7e06205e2e4d09f239f98435609be8b01e&dummyext=prev.png
Meow