Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does anyone else name dragons after...
1 2 3 4 5
Random words? Like some of my dragons names are Immaculate, Pendant, Atacar (a Spanish word), Flambé, Intensity, and Temptation. Idk if I'm the only one like this but yeah lol
Random words? Like some of my dragons names are Immaculate, Pendant, Atacar (a Spanish word), Flambé, Intensity, and Temptation. Idk if I'm the only one like this but yeah lol
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Absolutely! My naming schemes are all over the place, but just to name a few word-names (not counting the ones that aren't in English because there are tons of those as well,) there's... Fallen, Broken, Chosen, Arisen, Echo, Oblivion, Cyanide, Amnesia, Fray, Miasma, Desolation, Scythe, Blight, Mist.... and tons more lol

I also love dual-word names. A few of those in my lair would be Bloodmoon, Frostdancer, Winterfall, Rainbowkitten, and DrawnOnward.
Absolutely! My naming schemes are all over the place, but just to name a few word-names (not counting the ones that aren't in English because there are tons of those as well,) there's... Fallen, Broken, Chosen, Arisen, Echo, Oblivion, Cyanide, Amnesia, Fray, Miasma, Desolation, Scythe, Blight, Mist.... and tons more lol

I also love dual-word names. A few of those in my lair would be Bloodmoon, Frostdancer, Winterfall, Rainbowkitten, and DrawnOnward.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
Most of my names are random…Er, names…but all the guys in the Beautiful Ones tab are named like that…Multifacet, Carnivorous, Slender, and Blazing.
Most of my names are random…Er, names…but all the guys in the Beautiful Ones tab are named like that…Multifacet, Carnivorous, Slender, and Blazing.
6klg2iF.png
oh absolutely. one of my coli dragons is named Victory because his colors made me think of banners or flags at a competition, and I have a dragon named Impulse because I bought him on impulse, lol
oh absolutely. one of my coli dragons is named Victory because his colors made me think of banners or flags at a competition, and I have a dragon named Impulse because I bought him on impulse, lol
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
oh yeah absolutely. my dragons are either Funky Fantasy Name guy or Just An Item. like i've got pencil, sacred. sometimes words in other languages like faergryre and iš?eznuti. and sometimes two words jammed together like blacklight and greymarch. i just enjoy it
oh yeah absolutely. my dragons are either Funky Fantasy Name guy or Just An Item. like i've got pencil, sacred. sometimes words in other languages like faergryre and iš?eznuti. and sometimes two words jammed together like blacklight and greymarch. i just enjoy it
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
for sure. sometimes it's "cool" words (Gestalt, Grimoire, Revenant) but sometimes just word words (Taco, Toast, Decoy, Glaze). idk I just name on vibes
for sure. sometimes it's "cool" words (Gestalt, Grimoire, Revenant) but sometimes just word words (Taco, Toast, Decoy, Glaze). idk I just name on vibes
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
All my dragons are named after gemstones, or stages of the gem cutting process (I have a big personal [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3296657#post_3296657]breeding challenge[/url], so it helps me keep track of the stage of the challenge that dragon is on! @LouckyKoneko the impulse thing made me giggle, I have an old fodder-breeding dragon that's nervous system themed, and Impulse is what I named a good chunk of his offspring to keep with the theme [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/5122057][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/51221/5122057_350.png[/img][/url]
All my dragons are named after gemstones, or stages of the gem cutting process (I have a big personal breeding challenge, so it helps me keep track of the stage of the challenge that dragon is on!

@LouckyKoneko the impulse thing made me giggle, I have an old fodder-breeding dragon that's nervous system themed, and Impulse is what I named a good chunk of his offspring to keep with the theme

5122057_350.png

Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png
I'm not too into anything named after items, BUT.... I do find it amusing to name my dragons on croatian items, esp if it is older word. esp as it is language not many will understand so it kindaaa looks like fancy name (maybe). it usually goes on some association/symbolism or "this is fun word, which dragon is unnamed"

I mean, just today I named one dragon based on word "bathroom" so maybe I shouldn't judge at all......

wardrobe, mirror, cabinet, tassel, various forms of orange, apple, little spark... some other names I used (but other language) on my dragons
I'm not too into anything named after items, BUT.... I do find it amusing to name my dragons on croatian items, esp if it is older word. esp as it is language not many will understand so it kindaaa looks like fancy name (maybe). it usually goes on some association/symbolism or "this is fun word, which dragon is unnamed"

I mean, just today I named one dragon based on word "bathroom" so maybe I shouldn't judge at all......

wardrobe, mirror, cabinet, tassel, various forms of orange, apple, little spark... some other names I used (but other language) on my dragons
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
@smaragdus that's beautiful, I love that! here's my Impulse! he's a fancy man [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81151155][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/811512/81151155_350.png[/img][/url]
@smaragdus that's beautiful, I love that!
here's my Impulse! he's a fancy man
81151155_350.png
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
i have a pair whose kids i try to name after random science-adjacent terminology! and a pair whose kids will probably be named with random french nouns, it's a language i'm currently learning and it's a nice little excercise. i also have several dragons with nouns as their names for which i don't remember the language of origin... might pull something from my native language sometime in the future, seems fun!
i have a pair whose kids i try to name after random science-adjacent terminology! and a pair whose kids will probably be named with random french nouns, it's a language i'm currently learning and it's a nice little excercise. i also have several dragons with nouns as their names for which i don't remember the language of origin... might pull something from my native language sometime in the future, seems fun!
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
1 2 3 4 5