Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1vs1 Fighting Cocoheart on my home turf
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
”That makes sense.” Arabella said with a furrowed brow. ”If they had the funds to send something like this to space it seems a little strange that they had to cut corners with the crew.” She shrugged. She wasn’t the most knowledgeable when it came to budgeting billion dollar endeavors but her choices would have been different if she was in charge. It was much too late to have a problem with it now. She was content with how things were, surely everything would end up fine.

Chelsea followed after Felix with Clement in tow. As the walked through the hallways she did her best to make sense of the monotonous metallic surroundings. In time she would memorize the layout but for now she was gritting her teeth.

She walked into the med bay after Felix and awaited further instruction.

Clement was grateful for his sunglasses upon entering the med bay. The lights here were at least twice as bright as the ones in the cell. He kept his head turned downwards to limit the amount of bright white leaking through the gap above his lenses. His lips were pressed tightly together in discontent and he bit his tongue. He had nothing but complains and grievances. Voicing such things was no way to start a good friendship. Plus he really wanted to do nothing until he was used to the nauseating movement of the vessel.

(Aliens, sirens, that funky thing, yes all of it and more.)
”That makes sense.” Arabella said with a furrowed brow. ”If they had the funds to send something like this to space it seems a little strange that they had to cut corners with the crew.” She shrugged. She wasn’t the most knowledgeable when it came to budgeting billion dollar endeavors but her choices would have been different if she was in charge. It was much too late to have a problem with it now. She was content with how things were, surely everything would end up fine.

Chelsea followed after Felix with Clement in tow. As the walked through the hallways she did her best to make sense of the monotonous metallic surroundings. In time she would memorize the layout but for now she was gritting her teeth.

She walked into the med bay after Felix and awaited further instruction.

Clement was grateful for his sunglasses upon entering the med bay. The lights here were at least twice as bright as the ones in the cell. He kept his head turned downwards to limit the amount of bright white leaking through the gap above his lenses. His lips were pressed tightly together in discontent and he bit his tongue. He had nothing but complains and grievances. Voicing such things was no way to start a good friendship. Plus he really wanted to do nothing until he was used to the nauseating movement of the vessel.

(Aliens, sirens, that funky thing, yes all of it and more.)
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
(Glad you're healing! Being sick is NOT fun. Also feel free to stop this man's ranting. I give you full permission to bully Adam before Felix throws him into the water. It's only a matter of time)

Adam blinked at her confusion. Then opened his mouth and began explaining how making one extra bunk room for two prisoners saved them money for better equipment. It only made sense! He looked out the window and stopped talking, thinking about how weird everyone was out here.
"Dont they teach this stuff in... public school?"
. He last part with an obvious grimace. "I, fortunately, never went to one, so I don't know what they teach. But they teach about plants. That is very important!"

At this point, he would believe any lie he was told.
___

Felix walked confidently down to the med bay. She moved like she had been on this submarine for years. "If you and the other prisoner behave, I will get your sentences gone or reduced." She said before going to the closest bed. ."Clement, sit. Chelsea, attach handcuffs to bed. I'll will be attending to your injuries sir. Behave. Please and thank you ". She said this all in a flat tone. Clement had no choice. There was no room for refusal in her tone.

With accurate speed, she set up the monitor to get Clements information. "Chelsea, have you read this man's file?"

___

Magnus stared at the wall, forcing himself to relax. It was very difficult. The smell of chemicals didn't help either. He began scratching himself again; the same spot Clement touched.

Slowly, he forced himself into the present moment and gave a huff of disappointment at himself. Months of social isolation in a stuffy and small cell could make some people worse for wear. And he hadn't escaped the whole thing unscathed, clearly.

He stopped scratching the already painful spot and kept pacing. The sound of his boots was comforting.
(Glad you're healing! Being sick is NOT fun. Also feel free to stop this man's ranting. I give you full permission to bully Adam before Felix throws him into the water. It's only a matter of time)

Adam blinked at her confusion. Then opened his mouth and began explaining how making one extra bunk room for two prisoners saved them money for better equipment. It only made sense! He looked out the window and stopped talking, thinking about how weird everyone was out here.
"Dont they teach this stuff in... public school?"
. He last part with an obvious grimace. "I, fortunately, never went to one, so I don't know what they teach. But they teach about plants. That is very important!"

At this point, he would believe any lie he was told.
___

Felix walked confidently down to the med bay. She moved like she had been on this submarine for years. "If you and the other prisoner behave, I will get your sentences gone or reduced." She said before going to the closest bed. ."Clement, sit. Chelsea, attach handcuffs to bed. I'll will be attending to your injuries sir. Behave. Please and thank you ". She said this all in a flat tone. Clement had no choice. There was no room for refusal in her tone.

With accurate speed, she set up the monitor to get Clements information. "Chelsea, have you read this man's file?"

___

Magnus stared at the wall, forcing himself to relax. It was very difficult. The smell of chemicals didn't help either. He began scratching himself again; the same spot Clement touched.

Slowly, he forced himself into the present moment and gave a huff of disappointment at himself. Months of social isolation in a stuffy and small cell could make some people worse for wear. And he hadn't escaped the whole thing unscathed, clearly.

He stopped scratching the already painful spot and kept pacing. The sound of his boots was comforting.

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
Sorry 15 break and I really speed ran it. Hope this works))

Felix might be the youngest person on board))
Sorry 15 break and I really speed ran it. Hope this works))

Felix might be the youngest person on board))

Public school?! Arabella opened her eyes wide and made the face you could only expect from someone who was very prideful in their private school. She was appalled that Adam would think so little of her and her fancy degree. She turned her gaze down to the screens and let out a silent deep breath to calm herself.
”I also wouldn’t know. When it comes to botany I am self taught.” She said as she watched Felix, Chelsea, and one of the prisoners walk by several cameras. She was a classically trained chef with the paper to prove it. Plants were just a hobby she accidentally got very into.

”Gone?” Clement repeated hopefully. That would be wonderful to get back to his life early! No one in the prison liked his jokes.
Without another thought he quickly wriggled from Chelsea’s grasp to sit on the bed. He looked at her expectantly, turned so his cuffed hands were easily accessible.
”Have I ever mentioned my track record? I’ve never broken a rule during the entirety of my sentence. Also I think you are pretty and smart.” He nodded.

Chelsea fumbled to regain control over the prisoner but luckily he was only doing as he was told. She redid his cuffs and attached one firmly to the bed while the other remained on his wrist. The key was slipped back into her pocket and she walked backwards to stand by Felix.

”I haven’t. Why, is it important?” She said as she leaned over her shoulder to squint at the monitor, breaching doctor-patient confidentiality immediately.
Public school?! Arabella opened her eyes wide and made the face you could only expect from someone who was very prideful in their private school. She was appalled that Adam would think so little of her and her fancy degree. She turned her gaze down to the screens and let out a silent deep breath to calm herself.
”I also wouldn’t know. When it comes to botany I am self taught.” She said as she watched Felix, Chelsea, and one of the prisoners walk by several cameras. She was a classically trained chef with the paper to prove it. Plants were just a hobby she accidentally got very into.

”Gone?” Clement repeated hopefully. That would be wonderful to get back to his life early! No one in the prison liked his jokes.
Without another thought he quickly wriggled from Chelsea’s grasp to sit on the bed. He looked at her expectantly, turned so his cuffed hands were easily accessible.
”Have I ever mentioned my track record? I’ve never broken a rule during the entirety of my sentence. Also I think you are pretty and smart.” He nodded.

Chelsea fumbled to regain control over the prisoner but luckily he was only doing as he was told. She redid his cuffs and attached one firmly to the bed while the other remained on his wrist. The key was slipped back into her pocket and she walked backwards to stand by Felix.

”I haven’t. Why, is it important?” She said as she leaned over her shoulder to squint at the monitor, breaching doctor-patient confidentiality immediately.
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
(Naivity at its finest for Adam)

"Oh." He frowned at the solar panel, making sure there was nothing dangerous to the submarine. His piloting became a lot smoother once he managed to remember what he was fully doing.
"I meant what the poor people send their kids to- I didn't read anyone's file on this team." It felt too invasive for his comfort. So he was unaware that she is an expertly trained chef.
"But I am glad you've never been to one! I told the recruiters to only employ the best of the best!"

___

Felix didn't mind Chelsea looking over the monitor. She didnt look at Clement and just ignored him. "Tell him to be quiet." She nodded in response to Chelsea. "I've had the displeasure of working with serial killers and not being told about it.". She said this in a matter of fact state.
"I would not like to be surprisex like that again. Clement isn't one. Hes just an alcoholic." She said that like he wasn't right there.

She lazily glanced at Clement before going back to the screen.
"Vital shows he's fine, but that bruise needs ice and he had a concussion." She turned and walked to the fridge, getting a water bottle. Walking back to the monitor, she placed the bottle in his lap. "This will take a few days to heal."

___

Magnus curiously turned the sink facet fully on. The water sputtered out half heartedly, a few drops being spit out every second. He blinked in surprise because the water wasn't rusty and actually looked potable.

For a few minutes, he paced around before looking out the dirty window. The man looked around to see if there was a camera, because there had to be, right? How did the other woman show up that quickly otherwise? He didn't think his face was noticeable, but if he was seen, he would look like a dang ghost. Sighing, he turned back to the cell and turned the sink off.
(Naivity at its finest for Adam)

"Oh." He frowned at the solar panel, making sure there was nothing dangerous to the submarine. His piloting became a lot smoother once he managed to remember what he was fully doing.
"I meant what the poor people send their kids to- I didn't read anyone's file on this team." It felt too invasive for his comfort. So he was unaware that she is an expertly trained chef.
"But I am glad you've never been to one! I told the recruiters to only employ the best of the best!"

___

Felix didn't mind Chelsea looking over the monitor. She didnt look at Clement and just ignored him. "Tell him to be quiet." She nodded in response to Chelsea. "I've had the displeasure of working with serial killers and not being told about it.". She said this in a matter of fact state.
"I would not like to be surprisex like that again. Clement isn't one. Hes just an alcoholic." She said that like he wasn't right there.

She lazily glanced at Clement before going back to the screen.
"Vital shows he's fine, but that bruise needs ice and he had a concussion." She turned and walked to the fridge, getting a water bottle. Walking back to the monitor, she placed the bottle in his lap. "This will take a few days to heal."

___

Magnus curiously turned the sink facet fully on. The water sputtered out half heartedly, a few drops being spit out every second. He blinked in surprise because the water wasn't rusty and actually looked potable.

For a few minutes, he paced around before looking out the dirty window. The man looked around to see if there was a camera, because there had to be, right? How did the other woman show up that quickly otherwise? He didn't think his face was noticeable, but if he was seen, he would look like a dang ghost. Sighing, he turned back to the cell and turned the sink off.

Arabella relaxed when the sub stopped rocking and jerking around the place. It was surprising how bumpy it could be in open water. Or maybe Adam was just that and of a pilot. ”That sounds like something you should get around to, captain.” She said with a touch of extra emphasis on the last word. The captain should certainly know his crew.
”Thats good to hear! I don’t suppose you know anything about the rest of the crew?” She turned her head from the monitor and looked expectantly at Adam. She was looking for any info on her team to help quell her worries. Even if he admitted to not reading any files maybe he still knew a thing or two.

”That can’t be what it says!” Clement was shocked and very disappointed by how lame his file was. He attempted to get a look for himself but couldn’t get more than a foot away from the bed before the handcuffs and his attached arm reached their limit.
”I was barely over the limit and it was just that one time!” The way he was whining made it very clear that he’d rather have been labeled a serial killer.
The pink haired girl looked over at him like she was about to break all his bones and he quickly hopped back into the cot. Too quickly in fact. A wave of nausea hit him and he flopped onto his back with an uncomfortable groan.
”I can see the light.” Clement made his discomfort known in the most dramatic way possible. He reached out to one of the overhead LEDs with a very exaggerated expression. Discretely he took the water bottle given to him with the other hand as to not interrupt his performance.

Chelsea flinched at how loud and awful Clements shrieking was. She stared daggers at him briefly and luckily it shut him up for a moment. She took a step away from the monitor and crossed her arms while leaning against the countertop.
”Serial killers? Where have you worked where they would hire one of those?” She scoffed as she watched Felix cross the room. Pretty much everyone she had worked with in the past had taken at least one life, her included. Of course, that’s very different than serial murder.

A weird creature passes by Magnus’ window. A shadowy mass with wide flowing appendages. Almost like a stingray but double the fins and extruded. A blanket of writhing flesh.
Arabella relaxed when the sub stopped rocking and jerking around the place. It was surprising how bumpy it could be in open water. Or maybe Adam was just that and of a pilot. ”That sounds like something you should get around to, captain.” She said with a touch of extra emphasis on the last word. The captain should certainly know his crew.
”Thats good to hear! I don’t suppose you know anything about the rest of the crew?” She turned her head from the monitor and looked expectantly at Adam. She was looking for any info on her team to help quell her worries. Even if he admitted to not reading any files maybe he still knew a thing or two.

”That can’t be what it says!” Clement was shocked and very disappointed by how lame his file was. He attempted to get a look for himself but couldn’t get more than a foot away from the bed before the handcuffs and his attached arm reached their limit.
”I was barely over the limit and it was just that one time!” The way he was whining made it very clear that he’d rather have been labeled a serial killer.
The pink haired girl looked over at him like she was about to break all his bones and he quickly hopped back into the cot. Too quickly in fact. A wave of nausea hit him and he flopped onto his back with an uncomfortable groan.
”I can see the light.” Clement made his discomfort known in the most dramatic way possible. He reached out to one of the overhead LEDs with a very exaggerated expression. Discretely he took the water bottle given to him with the other hand as to not interrupt his performance.

Chelsea flinched at how loud and awful Clements shrieking was. She stared daggers at him briefly and luckily it shut him up for a moment. She took a step away from the monitor and crossed her arms while leaning against the countertop.
”Serial killers? Where have you worked where they would hire one of those?” She scoffed as she watched Felix cross the room. Pretty much everyone she had worked with in the past had taken at least one life, her included. Of course, that’s very different than serial murder.

A weird creature passes by Magnus’ window. A shadowy mass with wide flowing appendages. Almost like a stingray but double the fins and extruded. A blanket of writhing flesh.
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
Adam looked away for a minute, finally settling into a rhythm of driving without any problems. They were nearing the edge of the barrier. Beyond that, the land was mostly uncharted.

"Well, yes, I have all the important documents in my office." He said, shrugging Arabellas worry off. The man perked up at the question. "I know quite a bit." He didn't follow Felix around like puppy! He was captain dammit! "Chelsea is reportedly the very best at submarine battle and the best fighter, every one but Felix is from Earth, and I know you excellent knowledge about the plants on this planet and you also have a basic engineering skill set!" there, proof he was captain and the best one for the job.

_____

Felix didn't understand what the man's problem was; she only gave him a blank stare.

While Clement was having his temper tantrum, Chelsea didn't use a shock rod on him. Then she remembered that was only used on the worst criminals. "It's not here. These are your vitals. Drink your water. Act like an professional adult now. This is my- Adam's- ship." That was a bad weakness and could be exploited, she knew. But she hated temper trantrums and refused to tolerate them. She raised an eyebrow at Clement, then mostly ignored him.

Felix turned to Chelsea and nodded swiftly. "Hm?". She forgot; they must not have learned.
"Quick history lesson, at first, Llychi wasn't a wild west like it is now. It was well, like the militarys navy. Few years back, second Chupacabra appeared." She gave a shrug. "After that? Any one who could work and a quarter of a brain was welcomed. Didn't speak French? Criminal? One arm only? Most people from Terra ran back, or to the farming moon. Its cheaper than your planet."She took a cigarette and lit it up, unmoved. "Hasn't been another Chewie since then."

She looked up, suddenly curious as faint bangs of metal echoed and went to the door.

____

Magnus stared at the sink for a few seconds before hearing the screams. The pleas, whispers, manic laughter; it all tumbled past his ears like a sudden waterfall.

Looking up, he saw the strange shadow creature and-

Oh God was that a wrinkly human hand?!

Covering his ears, he tried to scream but it just hurt. Where was the army of human voices coming from?

Face distorted in pain, he took his arms and hit the door, a few times with his foot. Tears started pouring down his face; that thing- it terrified him.

Magnus turned to his side and vomited. Turning to the window, he feared what he would happen as he struggled to breath.

(The sailors really named a spooky sea monster Chewie and I'm making lore up as I go)
Adam looked away for a minute, finally settling into a rhythm of driving without any problems. They were nearing the edge of the barrier. Beyond that, the land was mostly uncharted.

"Well, yes, I have all the important documents in my office." He said, shrugging Arabellas worry off. The man perked up at the question. "I know quite a bit." He didn't follow Felix around like puppy! He was captain dammit! "Chelsea is reportedly the very best at submarine battle and the best fighter, every one but Felix is from Earth, and I know you excellent knowledge about the plants on this planet and you also have a basic engineering skill set!" there, proof he was captain and the best one for the job.

_____

Felix didn't understand what the man's problem was; she only gave him a blank stare.

While Clement was having his temper tantrum, Chelsea didn't use a shock rod on him. Then she remembered that was only used on the worst criminals. "It's not here. These are your vitals. Drink your water. Act like an professional adult now. This is my- Adam's- ship." That was a bad weakness and could be exploited, she knew. But she hated temper trantrums and refused to tolerate them. She raised an eyebrow at Clement, then mostly ignored him.

Felix turned to Chelsea and nodded swiftly. "Hm?". She forgot; they must not have learned.
"Quick history lesson, at first, Llychi wasn't a wild west like it is now. It was well, like the militarys navy. Few years back, second Chupacabra appeared." She gave a shrug. "After that? Any one who could work and a quarter of a brain was welcomed. Didn't speak French? Criminal? One arm only? Most people from Terra ran back, or to the farming moon. Its cheaper than your planet."She took a cigarette and lit it up, unmoved. "Hasn't been another Chewie since then."

She looked up, suddenly curious as faint bangs of metal echoed and went to the door.

____

Magnus stared at the sink for a few seconds before hearing the screams. The pleas, whispers, manic laughter; it all tumbled past his ears like a sudden waterfall.

Looking up, he saw the strange shadow creature and-

Oh God was that a wrinkly human hand?!

Covering his ears, he tried to scream but it just hurt. Where was the army of human voices coming from?

Face distorted in pain, he took his arms and hit the door, a few times with his foot. Tears started pouring down his face; that thing- it terrified him.

Magnus turned to his side and vomited. Turning to the window, he feared what he would happen as he struggled to breath.

(The sailors really named a spooky sea monster Chewie and I'm making lore up as I go)

”And what about you? I’m sure you have a long list of skills and accomplishments.” Arabella spoke to move the conversation away from possibly talking more about her. She would much rather just be a name on the crews roster. No special or vital skills here!

Her gaze fell from Adam to the cameras she was tasked with watching. A pleasant smile disappeared from her face at the state of the prisoners quarters. Something was up with the one person left into there. An uncomfortable feeling welled in her chest. Felix only told her to watch. What was she supposed to do now that something has happened?

”Adam? Can you look at this?” She motioned to the screen and spoke with an urgency to her tone.

Clement huffed and copied Felix’s expression until, she looked away.

”Aye aye! Captain!” He snickered at her mess up. He seemed to forget about his irrational behavior and sat back to drink the water he was given.

”Makes sense. Planets like these always have some human hungry beasty lurking around.” Chelsea said as she casually crossed her arms over her chest. She had been recruited to exterminate similar monsters in the pasts. Nests of aliens, ship devouring leviathans, parasitic pests. It was always messy but rewarding work.
”Strange that that would send so many off world. Must have been some monster.” A slight smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. She’d be lying if she said she didn’t want to blow apart another bloodthirsty alien.

The creature continued to drift alongside the sub. Flowing limbs moved at the whim of the current. It was not interested in anything within the lumbering hunk of metal. Instead, it clung to the slipstream so it could be transported to deeper waters without effort.
”And what about you? I’m sure you have a long list of skills and accomplishments.” Arabella spoke to move the conversation away from possibly talking more about her. She would much rather just be a name on the crews roster. No special or vital skills here!

Her gaze fell from Adam to the cameras she was tasked with watching. A pleasant smile disappeared from her face at the state of the prisoners quarters. Something was up with the one person left into there. An uncomfortable feeling welled in her chest. Felix only told her to watch. What was she supposed to do now that something has happened?

”Adam? Can you look at this?” She motioned to the screen and spoke with an urgency to her tone.

Clement huffed and copied Felix’s expression until, she looked away.

”Aye aye! Captain!” He snickered at her mess up. He seemed to forget about his irrational behavior and sat back to drink the water he was given.

”Makes sense. Planets like these always have some human hungry beasty lurking around.” Chelsea said as she casually crossed her arms over her chest. She had been recruited to exterminate similar monsters in the pasts. Nests of aliens, ship devouring leviathans, parasitic pests. It was always messy but rewarding work.
”Strange that that would send so many off world. Must have been some monster.” A slight smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. She’d be lying if she said she didn’t want to blow apart another bloodthirsty alien.

The creature continued to drift alongside the sub. Flowing limbs moved at the whim of the current. It was not interested in anything within the lumbering hunk of metal. Instead, it clung to the slipstream so it could be transported to deeper waters without effort.
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
Haven't forgotten about this dont worry! Its just been very busy)

Adam shook his head at Bella. "Oh, nothing too impressive." He didn't want to seem like he was full of himself. Even though he already had; at least twice.

That was all bull. He was a son of one of richest families back on earth. His last name was changed and nobody knew what he looked like. The way he liked it!

"Hm?" He put the ship on auto pilot and went to her.

"Oh sh-t. I'll tell Chelsea." Getting out his walkie talkie, he turned it on. "Hello? The other prisoner is going hay wire. Can you make him stop?"
____

Felix rolled her eyes at Clements snide remarks. "Oh, Chewie?" She perked up at the monsters mention. "Yeah, he's a good little guard. Keeps away the weaklings and worst monsters away at least." She chuckled.

"He has quite the face. He was the last one we saw of his species. But we know there's more out there." She talked about a dangerous monster like it was a pet. The noises seemed to of stopped.

___

Magnus took out a half broken pencil that had been in his bag and began drawing something on the wall with the beds. He wiped his face away.

The whispers and screams didn't stop. As the creature outside stayed on the submarine, Magnus shivered. As soon as the circle was done, the sounds became muffled and he relaxed a bit more.

After a moment of peace, the drawings crumbled into nothingness. He was left with the voices; and his own confusion.

He put a hand on the wall to steady himself and turned towards the door. His ears were starting to hurt.

Haven't forgotten about this dont worry! Its just been very busy)

Adam shook his head at Bella. "Oh, nothing too impressive." He didn't want to seem like he was full of himself. Even though he already had; at least twice.

That was all bull. He was a son of one of richest families back on earth. His last name was changed and nobody knew what he looked like. The way he liked it!

"Hm?" He put the ship on auto pilot and went to her.

"Oh sh-t. I'll tell Chelsea." Getting out his walkie talkie, he turned it on. "Hello? The other prisoner is going hay wire. Can you make him stop?"
____

Felix rolled her eyes at Clements snide remarks. "Oh, Chewie?" She perked up at the monsters mention. "Yeah, he's a good little guard. Keeps away the weaklings and worst monsters away at least." She chuckled.

"He has quite the face. He was the last one we saw of his species. But we know there's more out there." She talked about a dangerous monster like it was a pet. The noises seemed to of stopped.

___

Magnus took out a half broken pencil that had been in his bag and began drawing something on the wall with the beds. He wiped his face away.

The whispers and screams didn't stop. As the creature outside stayed on the submarine, Magnus shivered. As soon as the circle was done, the sounds became muffled and he relaxed a bit more.

After a moment of peace, the drawings crumbled into nothingness. He was left with the voices; and his own confusion.

He put a hand on the wall to steady himself and turned towards the door. His ears were starting to hurt.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7