Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [kingdomlocke] ghost kingdom
@girlofSornieth
I have been reading the last few entries but no time to comment but aaaahahdsajfs!!! gosh i love all the characters so much,, ur writing is really nice as well!!

larch being friendly to harpies is actually very funny to me, but it does makes a lot of sense! i'm not writing my kingdomlocke story as i said i would because lack of time but he actually came from a family who really hates harpies, but since he wasn't raised by them at all im glad he was able to grow up without prejudice

also somnus,, what a sweet girl with a lot of personality, you will be missed :'(
@girlofSornieth
I have been reading the last few entries but no time to comment but aaaahahdsajfs!!! gosh i love all the characters so much,, ur writing is really nice as well!!

larch being friendly to harpies is actually very funny to me, but it does makes a lot of sense! i'm not writing my kingdomlocke story as i said i would because lack of time but he actually came from a family who really hates harpies, but since he wasn't raised by them at all im glad he was able to grow up without prejudice

also somnus,, what a sweet girl with a lot of personality, you will be missed :'(
wind.gif
he • they
fr+16
pt-br • en

tumblr_oswd8ljZCm1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtumblr_oswd8ljZCm1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
awawawawawawawawawawawawa ROyFQqy.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/8#post_51545549]Previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/9#post_51561524]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=1]@ANT4RES @AngstOnTour @Raptondragon[/size][/center] ----- [center][size=4][b]Yseult's Journal[/b][/size] [i]Day 16[/i] [item=brightwing dwarf hainu][item=salted game][/center] We lost another hatchling. It was Ash this time. The smoke she had inhaled from the fire had seared her lungs and reacted badly with her Ice nature; she grew weaker through the night, and struggled to breathe despite Larch's efforts to blow wind into her using his magic. We have no healers here, and my magic can only be used to harm. We did all we could to keep her comfortable, and she passed quietly as the sun rose. Larch is inconsolable. I helped him bury Ash beside Somnus, and left a small citrine gem from the storeroom on her grave. It would have matched nicely with her wings. I watched Larch mourn, and I think now of the hatchlings still in their eggs that I had left behind when I was thrown out of my previous home. I wonder if any survived long after breaking free of their eggs, or if Cumulus had sought revenge on my children or my partner. Gweneira thinks that if they were meant to survive, they will, just as I have. She says it is the Plague way to believe in the survival of the fittest. Perhaps if I had spent more of my youth in the Wasteland, I too would be as calm in the face of death as she. It is an enviable outlook. Buchanan joined us as we finished burying Ash. She has grown into her adult form, and thankfully looks almost nothing like Toxie. She is particularly close to Larch, and stays draped around his shoulders when she is not trying to tie herself into a bow. "Someone's at the front gate," she said, and settled on Ash's grave in a cobra coil. "A Wildclaw. He wants to talk to, uh, what did he say? Oh, that's right – 'he who flies the strongest,' is what he said." Larch and I looked at each other. That phrase is how Harpies refer to the leaders of other tribes. "I will go," I said. "I'd better come with you, sir," Larch said, sniffling. He patted Buchanan on the head. "Thank you, Buchanan." Buchanan turned her nose up at us. "I'm not Buchanan anymore," she said. "My name is Muirgel." "Muirgel?" Larch said. "Yeah," said [s]Buchanan[/s] Muirgel. "I found a book in my room with all sorts of pretty names in it. You said I look like a bright ocean in the sunlight, and that's just what Muirgel means. Do you like it?" Larch's answer was more coughing than words. He seemed very relieved to follow me to the front gate, leaving [s]Buch[/s] Muirgel behind to sun herself on Ash's grave. A Wildclaw with striking colors was waiting for us, and he visibly brightened when we approached. "Oh, thank Talona," he said. "The flight was long, but the wind was always behind me." "So long as the sun warms your wings, your flight will be brief," I said in return. The Wildclaw beamed at me. It was a disconcerting expression when many other ghostly faces on his body smiled as well. "What are you called?" "I'm Comet," he said. When he waved, the faces on his body shifted to stare at me. Though he was behind me, I could feel Larch take a step back in alarm. "From the tribe of Tailon, out by the Sea. He heard that Shikoba was starting up some kind of outpost in the Crags, so I volunteered to come out and pay our respects. Figured y'all could use another body to help out around here!" "We do," I said, and unlocked the gate. "We are growing by the day, but we are short on fighters and are glad for any assistance." "You've got the right dragon for the job, then," Comet said. "I've got a few tricks I learned from my dad that I'd be happy to show y'all if you're interested." He caught sight of Larch staring at his coloration and laughed. Whenever he laughs, the faces' smiles grow wider and stay that way. "I've got the scare factor down, too, also from my dad. He stands out less in a crowd, but I like them to see me coming." Comet is a good addition to our group. He spent the day teaching Larch and Gweneira, and also [s]B[/s] Muirgel when she came to see what Larch was groaning in pain for. Giera is too small still to fight and, as the only hatchling left of the four foundlings, has taken to staying with Yakov and Tulip in my room. Gweneira finds this amusing to no end. She offered to give me our eggs as well, but I do not know what I would do with three eggs when I am already afraid that I will crush three living hatchlings in my nest in my sleep. Gweneira will not stop laughing at me and I do not know why. [emoji=peacock feather] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8943dc8281f741582a319f116b63f3c9/tumblr_inline_nl9cnutn5W1qb2yyz.png[/img][/center] [list][*][color=royalblue]daily teacher training = larch & buchanan +1 level[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]larch 19[/color] [*][color=royalblue]buchanan 10[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]daily hatchling rolls:[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]ash 4 (dies)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]giera 3[/color] [*][color=royalblue]yakov 3[/color] [*][color=royalblue]tulip 3[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]familiar = new friend![/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]rolled a 10 = wildclaw[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]food = coliseum time![/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]meat = 50 matches total[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]buchanan +3 levels, comet +4 levels (larch +0 levels)[/color][/list][/list] [*][color=royalblue]buchanan job roll = 8 (scribe)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]daily scribe rename = buchanan ⇒ muirgel[/color] [*][color=royalblue]comet job roll = 18 (teacher)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]daily teacher training #2 = gweneira & muirgel +1 level[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]gweneira 11[/color] [*][color=royalblue]muirgel 12[/color][/list][/list] [color=royalblue]Aaaaaa we lost a hatchling to the rolls. RIP Ash, we hardly knew ye. If anyone wants to rescue her, I'm waiting for her to grow up before I send her off to Icepop's freezer in the sky, so there is time yet to claim her. A warm (or cold, because this is Iceland) welcome to Comet, Raptondragon's contribution to the 'locke! (I adore Python and Morph specifically because of all the ghost smiley faces I see in it.) He and [s]Buchanan[/s] Muirgel were picked to coli with Larch as soon as they got here, and the two new adults almost immediately got to job level thanks to meatheat. A second Teacher and a Scribe OMG I WANTED A SCRIBE SO BAD! Yseult's dice rolling is back to par, I see. [s]Now when will you give me a Herder or a Tailor[/s] *squints at Yakov* Girl, if you survive tomorrow, you are next in line for a name change. Prepare yourself. And before I forget (again): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3130878/7#post_51534804]TOXIE IS ALIVE AND WELL![/url] No spoilers, but Angst has some lovely lore and made Toxie right at home. <3 Pls do better than you did here, my Musketeer, I'm rooting for you! [b]replies:[/b] @/Raptondragon THANK YOU FOR THE HARPY INFO! I am totally giving the Three Harpy Musketeers (Yseult, Larch, and Comet) Harpy familiars as soon as Yseult sees fit to roll me a Herder. :p @/ANT4RES welcome back! and aw, tysm. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. <3 That irony of Larch's allegiances, tho. I'm wheezing, it's so perfect and I didn't even know it. XD You see, parents? These kinds of things can happen when you abandon your children. XDDD (and RIP Somnus, writing her death physically hurt. I'm very glad my friend saved her so she can grow up in more peaceful conditions, lol.)[/color] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/8#post_51545549]Previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/9#post_51561524]Next[/url][/center]

Yseult's Journal
Day 16

Brightwing Dwarf Hainu Salted Game

We lost another hatchling. It was Ash this time. The smoke she had inhaled from the fire had seared her lungs and reacted badly with her Ice nature; she grew weaker through the night, and struggled to breathe despite Larch's efforts to blow wind into her using his magic. We have no healers here, and my magic can only be used to harm. We did all we could to keep her comfortable, and she passed quietly as the sun rose.

Larch is inconsolable. I helped him bury Ash beside Somnus, and left a small citrine gem from the storeroom on her grave. It would have matched nicely with her wings. I watched Larch mourn, and I think now of the hatchlings still in their eggs that I had left behind when I was thrown out of my previous home. I wonder if any survived long after breaking free of their eggs, or if Cumulus had sought revenge on my children or my partner.

Gweneira thinks that if they were meant to survive, they will, just as I have. She says it is the Plague way to believe in the survival of the fittest. Perhaps if I had spent more of my youth in the Wasteland, I too would be as calm in the face of death as she. It is an enviable outlook.

Buchanan joined us as we finished burying Ash. She has grown into her adult form, and thankfully looks almost nothing like Toxie. She is particularly close to Larch, and stays draped around his shoulders when she is not trying to tie herself into a bow. "Someone's at the front gate," she said, and settled on Ash's grave in a cobra coil. "A Wildclaw. He wants to talk to, uh, what did he say? Oh, that's right – 'he who flies the strongest,' is what he said."

Larch and I looked at each other. That phrase is how Harpies refer to the leaders of other tribes. "I will go," I said.

"I'd better come with you, sir," Larch said, sniffling. He patted Buchanan on the head. "Thank you, Buchanan."

Buchanan turned her nose up at us. "I'm not Buchanan anymore," she said. "My name is Muirgel."

"Muirgel?" Larch said.

"Yeah," said Buchanan Muirgel. "I found a book in my room with all sorts of pretty names in it. You said I look like a bright ocean in the sunlight, and that's just what Muirgel means. Do you like it?"

Larch's answer was more coughing than words. He seemed very relieved to follow me to the front gate, leaving Buch Muirgel behind to sun herself on Ash's grave. A Wildclaw with striking colors was waiting for us, and he visibly brightened when we approached. "Oh, thank Talona," he said. "The flight was long, but the wind was always behind me."

"So long as the sun warms your wings, your flight will be brief," I said in return. The Wildclaw beamed at me. It was a disconcerting expression when many other ghostly faces on his body smiled as well. "What are you called?"

"I'm Comet," he said. When he waved, the faces on his body shifted to stare at me. Though he was behind me, I could feel Larch take a step back in alarm. "From the tribe of Tailon, out by the Sea. He heard that Shikoba was starting up some kind of outpost in the Crags, so I volunteered to come out and pay our respects. Figured y'all could use another body to help out around here!"

"We do," I said, and unlocked the gate. "We are growing by the day, but we are short on fighters and are glad for any assistance."

"You've got the right dragon for the job, then," Comet said. "I've got a few tricks I learned from my dad that I'd be happy to show y'all if you're interested." He caught sight of Larch staring at his coloration and laughed. Whenever he laughs, the faces' smiles grow wider and stay that way. "I've got the scare factor down, too, also from my dad. He stands out less in a crowd, but I like them to see me coming."

Comet is a good addition to our group. He spent the day teaching Larch and Gweneira, and also B Muirgel when she came to see what Larch was groaning in pain for. Giera is too small still to fight and, as the only hatchling left of the four foundlings, has taken to staying with Yakov and Tulip in my room. Gweneira finds this amusing to no end. She offered to give me our eggs as well, but I do not know what I would do with three eggs when I am already afraid that I will crush three living hatchlings in my nest in my sleep.

Gweneira will not stop laughing at me and I do not know why.

tumblr_inline_nl9cnutn5W1qb2yyz.png

• daily teacher training = larch & buchanan +1 level
    • larch 19
    • buchanan 10
  • daily hatchling rolls:
    • ash 4 (dies)
    • giera 3
    • yakov 3
    • tulip 3
  • familiar = new friend!
    • rolled a 10 = wildclaw
  • food = coliseum time!
    • meat = 50 matches total
      • buchanan +3 levels, comet +4 levels (larch +0 levels)
  • buchanan job roll = 8 (scribe)
  • daily scribe rename = buchanan ⇒ muirgel
  • comet job roll = 18 (teacher)
  • daily teacher training #2 = gweneira & muirgel +1 level
    • gweneira 11
    • muirgel 12
Aaaaaa we lost a hatchling to the rolls. RIP Ash, we hardly knew ye. If anyone wants to rescue her, I'm waiting for her to grow up before I send her off to Icepop's freezer in the sky, so there is time yet to claim her.

A warm (or cold, because this is Iceland) welcome to Comet, Raptondragon's contribution to the 'locke! (I adore Python and Morph specifically because of all the ghost smiley faces I see in it.) He and Buchanan Muirgel were picked to coli with Larch as soon as they got here, and the two new adults almost immediately got to job level thanks to meatheat. A second Teacher and a Scribe OMG I WANTED A SCRIBE SO BAD! Yseult's dice rolling is back to par, I see. Now when will you give me a Herder or a Tailor

*squints at Yakov* Girl, if you survive tomorrow, you are next in line for a name change. Prepare yourself.

And before I forget (again): TOXIE IS ALIVE AND WELL! No spoilers, but Angst has some lovely lore and made Toxie right at home. <3 Pls do better than you did here, my Musketeer, I'm rooting for you!

replies:
@/Raptondragon THANK YOU FOR THE HARPY INFO! I am totally giving the Three Harpy Musketeers (Yseult, Larch, and Comet) Harpy familiars as soon as Yseult sees fit to roll me a Herder. :p

@/ANT4RES welcome back! and aw, tysm. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. <3 That irony of Larch's allegiances, tho. I'm wheezing, it's so perfect and I didn't even know it. XD You see, parents? These kinds of things can happen when you abandon your children. XDDD (and RIP Somnus, writing her death physically hurt. I'm very glad my friend saved her so she can grow up in more peaceful conditions, lol.)

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
@girlofSornieth
Ooo! Comet stuffs finally!
Im just going to mention you got a few details a liiittle bit off, but im not going to press you to change it (Mostly becuase you dont know a lot about the actual lore).
Well, first of all. Rapton and his children dont exactly come from Tailon's tribe, they are simply allies if more than just great friends. Tailon's tribe used to live in the Viridian Labyrinth. But after a CERTAIN SOMEONE destroyed it, they moved a little bit closer to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, but not like, visible (The rest of my clan does not take kindly to beastclans after all)
Fun fact: Rapton was never always with this tribe, he was with them for some part of his youth, got seperated becuase of a certain someone, and then eventually reunited. Rapton now occasionally visits. But what I WILL say is that it is CERTAINLY possible for Rapton to have sent his child over to them so that they could be safe from the aberration chaos that is currently going on. So this is certainly still possible :P
@girlofSornieth
Ooo! Comet stuffs finally!
Im just going to mention you got a few details a liiittle bit off, but im not going to press you to change it (Mostly becuase you dont know a lot about the actual lore).
Well, first of all. Rapton and his children dont exactly come from Tailon's tribe, they are simply allies if more than just great friends. Tailon's tribe used to live in the Viridian Labyrinth. But after a CERTAIN SOMEONE destroyed it, they moved a little bit closer to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, but not like, visible (The rest of my clan does not take kindly to beastclans after all)
Fun fact: Rapton was never always with this tribe, he was with them for some part of his youth, got seperated becuase of a certain someone, and then eventually reunited. Rapton now occasionally visits. But what I WILL say is that it is CERTAINLY possible for Rapton to have sent his child over to them so that they could be safe from the aberration chaos that is currently going on. So this is certainly still possible :P
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
@Raptondragon
ah, thanks for the clarification! I guess this is a bit of an AU from your lore now, but I might change some things to fit more smoothly into my 'locke. Up to and including how Python works on dragons. Sorry, Rapton, your son is Interesting. XDD Hope you're enjoying the ride so far!
@Raptondragon
ah, thanks for the clarification! I guess this is a bit of an AU from your lore now, but I might change some things to fit more smoothly into my 'locke. Up to and including how Python works on dragons. Sorry, Rapton, your son is Interesting. XDD Hope you're enjoying the ride so far!

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

Ah yes, the good old question of “What’s up with Manik and his opinion on his father? (as of late)”

One that I will have to sleep on..

(And Aww thank you! My lore is often short but I’m glad you enjoy the snippets. Will be very careful with Toxie)
Ah yes, the good old question of “What’s up with Manik and his opinion on his father? (as of late)”

One that I will have to sleep on..

(And Aww thank you! My lore is often short but I’m glad you enjoy the snippets. Will be very careful with Toxie)
@AngstOnTour
I am very curious as to Manik's opinion on his father taking over a new kingdom. Very. Extremely, even. XD I look forward to seeing what happens with Toxie! May she not cause too much damage......
@AngstOnTour
I am very curious as to Manik's opinion on his father taking over a new kingdom. Very. Extremely, even. XD I look forward to seeing what happens with Toxie! May she not cause too much damage......

[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/9#post_51552882]Previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/10#post_51570838]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center][size=1]@ANT4RES @AngstOnTour @Raptondragon[/size][/center] ----- [center][size=4][b]Yseult's Journal[/b][/size] [i]Day 17[/i] [item=bramble guardian][item=bundle of haunchmeat][/center] I have told Comet and Larch about the training portal that Dolan and Toxie had mentioned when I first arrived here. The two, Comet especially, were interested in its usefulness in training our citizens for battle, and set out to investigate with Muirgel in tow. They left in the morning and returned late this evening, bruised but alive and well. Muirgel now carries with her a pink rose that she says was a gift from the woodlands they visited. For some reason, when she said this, Larch started coughing and fanning himself furiously. I am not sure why. I will ask Gweneira about it if I see her again tonight. Gweneira spends her days either in her room nesting, or searching the empty village for any hint as to her brother's disappearance. I offered to assist, but she refused. "You have a kingdom to run," she said, "and also you don't fit very well into small spaces like I do." "Why would I need to fit into small spaces," I asked her. She shrugged. "When you leave no stone unturned, my dear, sometimes you have to crawl through the mud." Gweneira is very wise and I am glad for her company, but many times she is also very confusing. My days are busy as well. I patrol the outer walls of the village, with or without Larch; alone, I can circle the entire village twice before the sun sets. On the second round today, I heard a disturbance beyond the trees that dot the southern slope, and flew beyond the wall to investigate it. As I got closer, the sounds of dead branches cracking underfoot grew louder, and I began to hear a dragon speaking to someone who only responded with groans. "It's only a little farther," said the voice. "You've got to stay with me, yes? Hmm, I know it's hard but you were the one who asked to come up all this waaaaaAAAAAAAH!" The dragon shrieked when he saw me fly over him. It was a Coatl, bright blue from wings to tail. His face and body glowed green in the pattern of his bones, and in his arms was a badly wounded Harpy. I landed close to them to inspect the bird and the newcomer. "Are you Yseult?" the Coatl asked, shrinking back a little at my size and proximity. "I am," I said. "Who is asking?" "Oh, thank the Shadows," the Coatl said, and held out the Harpy to me. The bird was as blue as the Coatl with a crown of fiery red feathers, and looked to be much older than Fala or Shikoba. At that age, even their own kind cannot tell the genders apart. This Harpy moaned as they shifted from the Coatl's grasp to mine, though we tried to be gentle. Both wings were broken, as was one leg, and they were still bleeding from several deep slashes to its chest. "I found this one halfway down the mountain. Not sure if they were going down or up, but they weren't getting very far either way. I tried to treat them, but they said they needed to find you first. Are they yours? OH MY – " I had shoved my antlers almost into the Coatl's throat. "Harpies belong to no one," I said gravely, before turning away to head back to the village. "Of course!" the Coatl squeaked. I heard his footsteps running behind me and trying to keep up as I slowly flew to the tower. "I know that! I'm a beast trainer and rescuer for a living, don't get me wrong! It's just that some familiars consider dragons to be their owners, I don't know how you think of it but that's all I meant – oh! Hello, wall. Uh, is there a door here?" "In the front," I said. "Our walls are warded. You will have to go around." "Oh. Okay! I'll do that! My name's Mictlantecuhtli, by the way!" "'Scuse you," said Tulip, who must have followed me to the wall and was waiting for me on the inside. Her wings were growing bigger daily, but she did not yet have the strength to fly. "Yes, I know, my parents thought they were funny. But everyone else calls me Mict for short." "Where are your sisters," I asked Tulip as I flew over her. "Gi sleeping," Tulip said, "and Yaka by the statue. Hey, mister! Let's go 'round. Tell me 'bout outside!" I left those two to their chatter, and flew the Harpy to my room. I made a small nest for them beside my own, and bound their wounds before placing them inside. They were unconscious, but their breathing was steadier than before. Then I flew out to find Yakov. Like Tulip had said, she was in the graveyard, staring at the small stone markers where the names of the dead had been scratched. "What are you doing, little one," I asked as I landed beside her. "Readin'," Yakov's left head said. "Muirgel's teachin' us," said the right. She pointed at the marker in front of her. I flinched; it was Dolan's. "What's this say? It looks pretty." I told her the name. Both heads scrunched their noses at me. "Dole-lan," the left head said. "We like the first part, but the end sounds funny." "Yeah," the right said, "but it looks real pretty. Say, Muirgel said we could pick our names if we want, right?" "Right!" said the left. "We wanna be Dole!" "No, it sounds funny, 'member?" said the right. "Yeah," said the left. "How 'bout Dollie?" "Dollie's nice," said the right. Both heads turned to me. "We wanna be called Dollie! That sounds real pretty, don't it, Papa?" I do not know which part shocked me more: that she named herself after her father and her father's mate, or that she really does think that I am her father. My silence was enough approval for her, and Dollie ran off to play elsewhere while I remained by Dolan's grave until the sun set and the others came home. I do know that guilt grows steadily within me by the day, though I doubt it will ever grow enough to become regret. It is much later now, but through my open window I can hear Gweneira and Comet giving Mictlantecuhtli a loud welcome feast in the old inn. The Harpy sleeps fitfully, crying out in pain every time it tries to move, and I foresee an even longer night before me than for those in the inn. The hatchlings are here, too, dozing in my nest beside the three eggs that Gweneira left for me to watch tonight. The kingdom is growing. I have not forgotten the lessons I learned from Cumulus. As I watch Dollie grow a little more like her parents each day even as she sleeps in my nest like my own hatchling, I hope that I do not have to apply what I learned. [emoji=peacock feather] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8943dc8281f741582a319f116b63f3c9/tumblr_inline_nl9cnutn5W1qb2yyz.png[/img][/center] [list][*][color=royalblue]daily scribe rename = yakov ⇒dollie [/color] [*][color=royalblue]daily teacher training #1 = muirgel & comet +1 level[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]muirgel 12[/color][*][color=royalblue]comet 3[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]daily teacher training #2 = muirgel & comet +1 level[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]muirgel 9[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]daily hatchling rolls:[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]giera 6[/color] [*][color=royalblue]dollie 1[/color] [*][color=royalblue]tulip 6[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]familiar = new friend![/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]rolled a 12 = coatl[/color][/list] [*][color=royalblue]food = coliseum time![/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]meat = 50 matches total[/color][list] [*][color=royalblue]mictlantecuhtli +4 levels (larch & muirgel +0 levels)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]muirgel +1 apparel[/color][/list][/list] [*][color=royalblue]mictlantecuhtli job roll = 6 (herder)[/color] [*][color=royalblue]daily familiar = yseult (+1 life)[/color][/list] [color=royalblue]...I am actually in shock right now. I was JUST SAYING YESTERDAY that I wished Yseult would roll me a Herder, and then the next chance he gets [i]Yseult rolls me a Herder.[/i] Srsly guys, he is strong in the RNGbending (hail Azimyth). *squints* Maybe when Giera grows up, we can get a Babysitter? No pressure, Yseult, just saying. No huge events, just everyone barreling their way up the levels to catch up with Yseult. Soon I can get Yseult to level 10! Not that he needs the extra life, clearly. Also, Muirgel did get the blushing pink rose from today's Woodland Path excursion. Larch was also on the team at the time, and I'm LOL'ing because I totally didn't mean to start a new 'ship in the previous entry, but apparently it's happening whether I like it or not. Stay tuned for more on Gwen and her search for her brother, the reason why the Harpy was looking for Yseult, and Yseult wibbling over Dollie and her potential future as a challenger for the throne! I am hoping for the drama-free route here, but you know Pinkerton. When has he, even in the Icefields, ever had any chill. :p (About Mictlantecuhtli's name...it's the name of the Aztec god of the dead who is also a skeleton. *looks at Mict's ghost tert* And this is why you do not give me a Scribe.)[/color] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/9#post_51552882]Previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3140606/10#post_51570838]Next[/url][/center]

Yseult's Journal
Day 17

Bramble Guardian Bundle of Haunchmeat

I have told Comet and Larch about the training portal that Dolan and Toxie had mentioned when I first arrived here. The two, Comet especially, were interested in its usefulness in training our citizens for battle, and set out to investigate with Muirgel in tow. They left in the morning and returned late this evening, bruised but alive and well. Muirgel now carries with her a pink rose that she says was a gift from the woodlands they visited. For some reason, when she said this, Larch started coughing and fanning himself furiously. I am not sure why. I will ask Gweneira about it if I see her again tonight.

Gweneira spends her days either in her room nesting, or searching the empty village for any hint as to her brother's disappearance. I offered to assist, but she refused. "You have a kingdom to run," she said, "and also you don't fit very well into small spaces like I do."

"Why would I need to fit into small spaces," I asked her.

She shrugged. "When you leave no stone unturned, my dear, sometimes you have to crawl through the mud."

Gweneira is very wise and I am glad for her company, but many times she is also very confusing.

My days are busy as well. I patrol the outer walls of the village, with or without Larch; alone, I can circle the entire village twice before the sun sets. On the second round today, I heard a disturbance beyond the trees that dot the southern slope, and flew beyond the wall to investigate it. As I got closer, the sounds of dead branches cracking underfoot grew louder, and I began to hear a dragon speaking to someone who only responded with groans. "It's only a little farther," said the voice. "You've got to stay with me, yes? Hmm, I know it's hard but you were the one who asked to come up all this waaaaaAAAAAAAH!"

The dragon shrieked when he saw me fly over him. It was a Coatl, bright blue from wings to tail. His face and body glowed green in the pattern of his bones, and in his arms was a badly wounded Harpy. I landed close to them to inspect the bird and the newcomer. "Are you Yseult?" the Coatl asked, shrinking back a little at my size and proximity.

"I am," I said. "Who is asking?"

"Oh, thank the Shadows," the Coatl said, and held out the Harpy to me. The bird was as blue as the Coatl with a crown of fiery red feathers, and looked to be much older than Fala or Shikoba. At that age, even their own kind cannot tell the genders apart. This Harpy moaned as they shifted from the Coatl's grasp to mine, though we tried to be gentle. Both wings were broken, as was one leg, and they were still bleeding from several deep slashes to its chest. "I found this one halfway down the mountain. Not sure if they were going down or up, but they weren't getting very far either way. I tried to treat them, but they said they needed to find you first. Are they yours? OH MY – "

I had shoved my antlers almost into the Coatl's throat. "Harpies belong to no one," I said gravely, before turning away to head back to the village.

"Of course!" the Coatl squeaked. I heard his footsteps running behind me and trying to keep up as I slowly flew to the tower. "I know that! I'm a beast trainer and rescuer for a living, don't get me wrong! It's just that some familiars consider dragons to be their owners, I don't know how you think of it but that's all I meant – oh! Hello, wall. Uh, is there a door here?"

"In the front," I said. "Our walls are warded. You will have to go around."

"Oh. Okay! I'll do that! My name's Mictlantecuhtli, by the way!"

"'Scuse you," said Tulip, who must have followed me to the wall and was waiting for me on the inside. Her wings were growing bigger daily, but she did not yet have the strength to fly.

"Yes, I know, my parents thought they were funny. But everyone else calls me Mict for short."

"Where are your sisters," I asked Tulip as I flew over her.

"Gi sleeping," Tulip said, "and Yaka by the statue. Hey, mister! Let's go 'round. Tell me 'bout outside!"

I left those two to their chatter, and flew the Harpy to my room. I made a small nest for them beside my own, and bound their wounds before placing them inside. They were unconscious, but their breathing was steadier than before. Then I flew out to find Yakov. Like Tulip had said, she was in the graveyard, staring at the small stone markers where the names of the dead had been scratched. "What are you doing, little one," I asked as I landed beside her.

"Readin'," Yakov's left head said.

"Muirgel's teachin' us," said the right. She pointed at the marker in front of her. I flinched; it was Dolan's. "What's this say? It looks pretty."

I told her the name. Both heads scrunched their noses at me. "Dole-lan," the left head said. "We like the first part, but the end sounds funny."

"Yeah," the right said, "but it looks real pretty. Say, Muirgel said we could pick our names if we want, right?"

"Right!" said the left. "We wanna be Dole!"

"No, it sounds funny, 'member?" said the right.

"Yeah," said the left. "How 'bout Dollie?"

"Dollie's nice," said the right. Both heads turned to me. "We wanna be called Dollie! That sounds real pretty, don't it, Papa?"

I do not know which part shocked me more: that she named herself after her father and her father's mate, or that she really does think that I am her father. My silence was enough approval for her, and Dollie ran off to play elsewhere while I remained by Dolan's grave until the sun set and the others came home. I do know that guilt grows steadily within me by the day, though I doubt it will ever grow enough to become regret.

It is much later now, but through my open window I can hear Gweneira and Comet giving Mictlantecuhtli a loud welcome feast in the old inn. The Harpy sleeps fitfully, crying out in pain every time it tries to move, and I foresee an even longer night before me than for those in the inn. The hatchlings are here, too, dozing in my nest beside the three eggs that Gweneira left for me to watch tonight.

The kingdom is growing. I have not forgotten the lessons I learned from Cumulus. As I watch Dollie grow a little more like her parents each day even as she sleeps in my nest like my own hatchling, I hope that I do not have to apply what I learned.

tumblr_inline_nl9cnutn5W1qb2yyz.png

• daily scribe rename = yakov ⇒dollie
  • daily teacher training #1 = muirgel & comet +1 level
    • muirgel 12
    • comet 3
  • daily teacher training #2 = muirgel & comet +1 level
    • muirgel 9
  • daily hatchling rolls:
    • giera 6
    • dollie 1
    • tulip 6
  • familiar = new friend!
    • rolled a 12 = coatl
  • food = coliseum time!
    • meat = 50 matches total
      • mictlantecuhtli +4 levels (larch & muirgel +0 levels)
      • muirgel +1 apparel
  • mictlantecuhtli job roll = 6 (herder)
  • daily familiar = yseult (+1 life)
...I am actually in shock right now. I was JUST SAYING YESTERDAY that I wished Yseult would roll me a Herder, and then the next chance he gets Yseult rolls me a Herder. Srsly guys, he is strong in the RNGbending (hail Azimyth).

*squints* Maybe when Giera grows up, we can get a Babysitter? No pressure, Yseult, just saying.

No huge events, just everyone barreling their way up the levels to catch up with Yseult. Soon I can get Yseult to level 10! Not that he needs the extra life, clearly. Also, Muirgel did get the blushing pink rose from today's Woodland Path excursion. Larch was also on the team at the time, and I'm LOL'ing because I totally didn't mean to start a new 'ship in the previous entry, but apparently it's happening whether I like it or not.

Stay tuned for more on Gwen and her search for her brother, the reason why the Harpy was looking for Yseult, and Yseult wibbling over Dollie and her potential future as a challenger for the throne! I am hoping for the drama-free route here, but you know Pinkerton. When has he, even in the Icefields, ever had any chill. :p

(About Mictlantecuhtli's name...it's the name of the Aztec god of the dead who is also a skeleton. *looks at Mict's ghost tert* And this is why you do not give me a Scribe.)

"Oh, that's an unfortunate random name" I thought, forgetting you had a scribe.

oKOK look though most of the time I think about writing whole names, and the one you picked out is really cool I love mythology-based names. Sounds horrible to type though.
"Oh, that's an unfortunate random name" I thought, forgetting you had a scribe.

oKOK look though most of the time I think about writing whole names, and the one you picked out is really cool I love mythology-based names. Sounds horrible to type though.
@AngstOnTour
I scrolled through Aztec Mythology names on Behind the Name because it's the origin language for "coatl," and Mictlantecuhtli stood out as being so ridiculous yet so perfect that I couldn't stop giggling for several minutes.

My secret? I don't type it out anymore. I type "Mict" and my phone finishes it for me. XD
@AngstOnTour
I scrolled through Aztec Mythology names on Behind the Name because it's the origin language for "coatl," and Mictlantecuhtli stood out as being so ridiculous yet so perfect that I couldn't stop giggling for several minutes.

My secret? I don't type it out anymore. I type "Mict" and my phone finishes it for me. XD

@girlofSornieth
Oh dear
Dollie's new name just reminds me of a child naming their doll..
Also Rip harpy, they seem pretty hurt..
Yseult..I dont mean to push ya, but you might need a healer for that lol
Oh and also..
COMMING SOON..
@girlofSornieth
Oh dear
Dollie's new name just reminds me of a child naming their doll..
Also Rip harpy, they seem pretty hurt..
Yseult..I dont mean to push ya, but you might need a healer for that lol
Oh and also..
COMMING SOON..
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png