Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fellow metalheads?
1 2 3 4
@Taishiro Ayyyyyeeeee. I've got a Mustakrakish dragon with the lyrics in the offspring list, just a little bit more to go until it's complete xD

I love that stuff, the sillier the better. P
@Taishiro Ayyyyyeeeee. I've got a Mustakrakish dragon with the lyrics in the offspring list, just a little bit more to go until it's complete xD

I love that stuff, the sillier the better. P
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
i like some metal but i especially love folk metal! biggest folk metal band i can think of that i like is eluveitie. you don't expect the instruments to go well together but they do and they go hard. there's this 1 song by a band called furor gallico called "the glorious dawn" that i'm obsessed with.

i'm also OBSESSED with ghost and i used to be a big metalocalypse fan also.
i like some metal but i especially love folk metal! biggest folk metal band i can think of that i like is eluveitie. you don't expect the instruments to go well together but they do and they go hard. there's this 1 song by a band called furor gallico called "the glorious dawn" that i'm obsessed with.

i'm also OBSESSED with ghost and i used to be a big metalocalypse fan also.
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
I'm also quite a big fan of metal, and I'll listen to just about any kind if I like the way it sounds! I started out listening to Nightwish/Within Temptation/Kamelot and other symphonic metal bands when I was in middle school, and more recently have been foraying into "stoner"/sludgy metal and 80s heavy metal, which are a couple genres I've had less exposure to in general. I've gotten really into Judas Priest (say hi to Painkiller if you want hehe) and Quiet Riot.

Other than that, another favorite subgenre of mine is folk metal! I saw someone mention The HU, who I adore, and @neonglow mentioned Eluveitie, who are amazing - I really loved their most recent studio album, Ategnatos. Another I'd like to suggest is Cruachan, an Irish band that makes folk metal inspired by Irish Celtic myths and folk music :D I recently got a cassette of their "Folklore" album and I totally love it.
I'm also quite a big fan of metal, and I'll listen to just about any kind if I like the way it sounds! I started out listening to Nightwish/Within Temptation/Kamelot and other symphonic metal bands when I was in middle school, and more recently have been foraying into "stoner"/sludgy metal and 80s heavy metal, which are a couple genres I've had less exposure to in general. I've gotten really into Judas Priest (say hi to Painkiller if you want hehe) and Quiet Riot.

Other than that, another favorite subgenre of mine is folk metal! I saw someone mention The HU, who I adore, and @neonglow mentioned Eluveitie, who are amazing - I really loved their most recent studio album, Ategnatos. Another I'd like to suggest is Cruachan, an Irish band that makes folk metal inspired by Irish Celtic myths and folk music :D I recently got a cassette of their "Folklore" album and I totally love it.
WRW2rGw.png
9YmzAZz.png
hzM3Sr2.png
ninbinarycatcher.png scroll.png
>:3 I'm mostly into older metal, heavy metal, thrash, and hard rock but I really enjoy some kicka$s guitar shreds and a good song I can bang my head too. xD I grew up with metal, thanks to my dad. My mom totally disapproved of course, but I ended up really loving metal and its one of the things my dad and I have bonded over. :3 <3

That said, I've given a bunch of thought as to what my favorite band would be, and it's Iron Maiden. <x') Unapologetically Iron Maiden, yes! I have way too many playlists with Iron Maiden in them. I'm also partial to Metallica, Dio, Megadeth, Disturbed, Saxon, Judas Priest, some stuff from Blind Guardian and Sabaton, Alestorm, and Avenged Sevenfold.

I still have a lot more song dragons I'd like to add to my collection, >u>
including,
Tornado of Souls
Who Do You Love
Rainbow in the Dark
The Outlaw Torn
Electric Eye
King Nothing
Paranoid
Ace of Spades
Thunderstruck
The Zoo
The Prisoner
The Sentinel
and Speed of Light.
Not really sure how it'll work with some titles, :/ but we'll see when I get there. x)

@antelope
HEYYY! :D I got a Painkiller too! xD Nice!
>:3 I'm mostly into older metal, heavy metal, thrash, and hard rock but I really enjoy some kicka$s guitar shreds and a good song I can bang my head too. xD I grew up with metal, thanks to my dad. My mom totally disapproved of course, but I ended up really loving metal and its one of the things my dad and I have bonded over. :3 <3

That said, I've given a bunch of thought as to what my favorite band would be, and it's Iron Maiden. <x') Unapologetically Iron Maiden, yes! I have way too many playlists with Iron Maiden in them. I'm also partial to Metallica, Dio, Megadeth, Disturbed, Saxon, Judas Priest, some stuff from Blind Guardian and Sabaton, Alestorm, and Avenged Sevenfold.

I still have a lot more song dragons I'd like to add to my collection, >u>
including,
Tornado of Souls
Who Do You Love
Rainbow in the Dark
The Outlaw Torn
Electric Eye
King Nothing
Paranoid
Ace of Spades
Thunderstruck
The Zoo
The Prisoner
The Sentinel
and Speed of Light.
Not really sure how it'll work with some titles, :/ but we'll see when I get there. x)

@antelope
HEYYY! :D I got a Painkiller too! xD Nice!
+~She/Her Majesty/Her Highness~+
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
Metalhead over here!

I listen to all kinds of metal like symphonic metal (Kamelot, Nightwish) rap metal (Hollywood Undead), and some bands that I don't know which categories they fit into Powerwolf, Five Finger Death Punch, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch.

I really like metal and there are probably songs and bands that I haven't referenced but I don't always listen to metal, a little bit of pop, trappy (techno? I don't know the name) soundtracks are great fun too (official or not) and traditional, um, Danheim is great and that band from Ukraine that performed in Eurovision 2021 I like that style of music too. Music's great there's no other way to put it! I rambled. I'm sorry messy everything ideas are everywhere!

I edited upon reading through some other responses so I figured I'd add some bands I enjoy:
Alestorm
Metallica (a bit)
Black Sabbath (also a bit)
Metalhead over here!

I listen to all kinds of metal like symphonic metal (Kamelot, Nightwish) rap metal (Hollywood Undead), and some bands that I don't know which categories they fit into Powerwolf, Five Finger Death Punch, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch.

I really like metal and there are probably songs and bands that I haven't referenced but I don't always listen to metal, a little bit of pop, trappy (techno? I don't know the name) soundtracks are great fun too (official or not) and traditional, um, Danheim is great and that band from Ukraine that performed in Eurovision 2021 I like that style of music too. Music's great there's no other way to put it! I rambled. I'm sorry messy everything ideas are everywhere!

I edited upon reading through some other responses so I figured I'd add some bands I enjoy:
Alestorm
Metallica (a bit)
Black Sabbath (also a bit)
This is like, the only stuff I listen to LOL. I'm oddly picky about my music, but at the same time, there's no pattern to the stuff I like: I just have to vibe with it and then I'm good.

Examples of some of the stuff I listen to:
- Demon Hunter
- The Chaos Agent
- The Raven Age
- Five Finger Death Punch
- Skillet
- Atreyu
- Thousand Foot Crutch
- American Wolves
- Imminence
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Bad Wolves
This is like, the only stuff I listen to LOL. I'm oddly picky about my music, but at the same time, there's no pattern to the stuff I like: I just have to vibe with it and then I'm good.

Examples of some of the stuff I listen to:
- Demon Hunter
- The Chaos Agent
- The Raven Age
- Five Finger Death Punch
- Skillet
- Atreyu
- Thousand Foot Crutch
- American Wolves
- Imminence
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Bad Wolves
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
I would consider myself a metalhead, though I probably don't know even HALF of the bands that are considered to be the best or the most influential in that genre. I dislike Black Metal (except maybe for Dimmu Borgir), but I enjoy every other Metal Genre, most of all Death Metal, Thrash Metal and Prog Metal. Power Metal is fun as well, even though it is kinda stupid sometimes. But maybe that is the fun part about it :)

Some of my favorite Metal bands are Gojira, Anthrax, Trivium, Soen, Dream Theater, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Tremonti, Death Angel, Lamb of God, Nevermore, the HU, SOAD, Volbeat

I also listen to some Powerwolf, a little Opeth, Eisbrecher and Rammstein, Five Finger Death Punch, some Exodus, Hatebreed, Dragonforce, Halestorm and of course old school Metal bands like Judas Priest, Metallica, Iron Maiden...

I love many other musical genres and bands outside of Metal, too. Most of all probably Shinedown, Thousand Foot Krutch, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, Starset, Fever 333, Slash, Soundgarden but also Blues Rock/singer/songwriter stuff like Joe Bonamassa, Myles Kennedy or ZZ Top. And I like Oasis, sue me :P

There's a lot of music I enjoy, but similar to what @QueenNoodles said, I do love headband-worthy songs with good riffs the most. That's just what I grew up with :D There are maaaaany others I haven't talked about but I'm rambling as it is, so I'll stop here.

P.S. @antelope I love Painkiller, he is the perfect embodiment of the song. Awesome apparel choices and the familiar is the cherry on top!
I would consider myself a metalhead, though I probably don't know even HALF of the bands that are considered to be the best or the most influential in that genre. I dislike Black Metal (except maybe for Dimmu Borgir), but I enjoy every other Metal Genre, most of all Death Metal, Thrash Metal and Prog Metal. Power Metal is fun as well, even though it is kinda stupid sometimes. But maybe that is the fun part about it :)

Some of my favorite Metal bands are Gojira, Anthrax, Trivium, Soen, Dream Theater, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Tremonti, Death Angel, Lamb of God, Nevermore, the HU, SOAD, Volbeat

I also listen to some Powerwolf, a little Opeth, Eisbrecher and Rammstein, Five Finger Death Punch, some Exodus, Hatebreed, Dragonforce, Halestorm and of course old school Metal bands like Judas Priest, Metallica, Iron Maiden...

I love many other musical genres and bands outside of Metal, too. Most of all probably Shinedown, Thousand Foot Krutch, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, Starset, Fever 333, Slash, Soundgarden but also Blues Rock/singer/songwriter stuff like Joe Bonamassa, Myles Kennedy or ZZ Top. And I like Oasis, sue me :P

There's a lot of music I enjoy, but similar to what @QueenNoodles said, I do love headband-worthy songs with good riffs the most. That's just what I grew up with :D There are maaaaany others I haven't talked about but I'm rambling as it is, so I'll stop here.

P.S. @antelope I love Painkiller, he is the perfect embodiment of the song. Awesome apparel choices and the familiar is the cherry on top!
@Koryuu
:D Aw, thank you. And most excellent! I'd also venture to mention metal covers for songs! Some covers are hekkin' awesome! + Hell Yea! Prog and Power Metal are fantastic! >XD

Maybe I oughta start featuring some of my favorite metal songs on my profile bio... :T
@Koryuu
:D Aw, thank you. And most excellent! I'd also venture to mention metal covers for songs! Some covers are hekkin' awesome! + Hell Yea! Prog and Power Metal are fantastic! >XD

Maybe I oughta start featuring some of my favorite metal songs on my profile bio... :T
+~She/Her Majesty/Her Highness~+
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
@QueenNoodles
You're right, there are many great Metal covers for songs :)
Feel free to shoot me a message if you're finished with your other song dragons, I'd love to see what you come up with! (and also if you want to ramble about music to someone. I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to xP)
@QueenNoodles
You're right, there are many great Metal covers for songs :)
Feel free to shoot me a message if you're finished with your other song dragons, I'd love to see what you come up with! (and also if you want to ramble about music to someone. I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to xP)
Hard agree about the genres but I think unfortunately people just have a tendency to make generalizations about things they're not into :(

Ok anyways, as for my five minutes of geeking out ... Growing up my mother always played Red Hot Chili Peppers around me because that's her favorite band n I think it influenced my taste in music Quite a lot ! But I didn't really listen to any rock or metal myself up until my freshman year but now metal is like...one of my most listened to genres :3

I could rattle off everyone I Listen to but recently I've been listening to Slipknot & Gojira the most, esp since they Just released a new album like two months ago ... I've been looking to get more into the metal genre though so if anyone has any recommendations I'm open to hear em! :D
Hard agree about the genres but I think unfortunately people just have a tendency to make generalizations about things they're not into :(

Ok anyways, as for my five minutes of geeking out ... Growing up my mother always played Red Hot Chili Peppers around me because that's her favorite band n I think it influenced my taste in music Quite a lot ! But I didn't really listen to any rock or metal myself up until my freshman year but now metal is like...one of my most listened to genres :3

I could rattle off everyone I Listen to but recently I've been listening to Slipknot & Gojira the most, esp since they Just released a new album like two months ago ... I've been looking to get more into the metal genre though so if anyone has any recommendations I'm open to hear em! :D
gjhh
gjhh
gjhh
gjhh
image.gif gjhh
d32NFgh.png
1vAtYxM.png
o7ZCFYm.png
gjhh
ypcKWM0.png
1bSJVgF.png
mlHpBMC.png