Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fellow metalheads?
1 2 3 4
Goddamn, that's a lot of responses! I have not forgotten about this thread, I just need the right time to write a response to some of y'all xD
Annnd great recommendations from you guys! Checking them all out.
@Nimphy ahh I too have a similar habit of being stuck to only a select songs for months, I'm trying to break away from that and listen to more bands. I'm trying to find lesser known and less mainstream ones. Hmmm recommendations... I think I have some! Have you tried bands like, Scythelord, Arch enemy, Vio-lence, Meshuggah, DevilDriver, Dark tranquility, Morbid Angel, Desecrator, Fear factory, Gojira, Grailknights, Edguy? Not sure if you already heard of this band but there's a band called S.O.D (Stormtroopers Of Death) their music is satire. They only released 3 albums though. I recommend you give them a listen if you haven't, the lyrics are really funny. Speaking of lesser known bands, have you heard of Lords of the trident? They're amazing and quite underrated, here's their youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/lordsofthetrident
@Saccharine Yeah, there's a fairshare of elitists out there, it's one of my pet peeves. I think it's good for bands to be dumb and just have some good fun at times and not be Oh sO sErIous TUff GUY all the time.
@Xionahri Oooh, that sounds really interesting. Checking them out. I've never heard of acapella metal before.
@Haven Damn, your friend has a cool job! I can somewhat relate to metal becoming almost a lullaby, I've listened to hardcore music so much that I sometimes need songs that are even more hardcore for my hardcore ears xD
Sometimes I even slept to them xDD
@Blackclover Damn that's sooo coool!
@Metalhead I like your username my dood. I'm glad to have summoned you >:0
@antelope Hell yeah! Painkiller! I fricking love that song, yoo!
@QueenNoodles Song dragons! That's really cool! You're making me wanna make heavy metal related fandragons. I'm thinking of doing Iron Maiden's Eddies, it's gonna be another long and expensive journey.
@DearReaper @MegaVenusaur hmmm, not sure if you've already heard of them but I'm dropping these guys anyways xD : Scythelord, Vio-lence, DevilDriver, Grailknights, Edguy and as well as Lords of the Trident that I've just mention above: https://www.youtube.com/user/lordsofthetrident
Goddamn, that's a lot of responses! I have not forgotten about this thread, I just need the right time to write a response to some of y'all xD
Annnd great recommendations from you guys! Checking them all out.
@Nimphy ahh I too have a similar habit of being stuck to only a select songs for months, I'm trying to break away from that and listen to more bands. I'm trying to find lesser known and less mainstream ones. Hmmm recommendations... I think I have some! Have you tried bands like, Scythelord, Arch enemy, Vio-lence, Meshuggah, DevilDriver, Dark tranquility, Morbid Angel, Desecrator, Fear factory, Gojira, Grailknights, Edguy? Not sure if you already heard of this band but there's a band called S.O.D (Stormtroopers Of Death) their music is satire. They only released 3 albums though. I recommend you give them a listen if you haven't, the lyrics are really funny. Speaking of lesser known bands, have you heard of Lords of the trident? They're amazing and quite underrated, here's their youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/lordsofthetrident
@Saccharine Yeah, there's a fairshare of elitists out there, it's one of my pet peeves. I think it's good for bands to be dumb and just have some good fun at times and not be Oh sO sErIous TUff GUY all the time.
@Xionahri Oooh, that sounds really interesting. Checking them out. I've never heard of acapella metal before.
@Haven Damn, your friend has a cool job! I can somewhat relate to metal becoming almost a lullaby, I've listened to hardcore music so much that I sometimes need songs that are even more hardcore for my hardcore ears xD
Sometimes I even slept to them xDD
@Blackclover Damn that's sooo coool!
@Metalhead I like your username my dood. I'm glad to have summoned you >:0
@antelope Hell yeah! Painkiller! I fricking love that song, yoo!
@QueenNoodles Song dragons! That's really cool! You're making me wanna make heavy metal related fandragons. I'm thinking of doing Iron Maiden's Eddies, it's gonna be another long and expensive journey.
@DearReaper @MegaVenusaur hmmm, not sure if you've already heard of them but I'm dropping these guys anyways xD : Scythelord, Vio-lence, DevilDriver, Grailknights, Edguy and as well as Lords of the Trident that I've just mention above: https://www.youtube.com/user/lordsofthetrident
I know nothing about the different types of music. I don't even know what makes a rock song different from a non screamy metal one. XD I do know I like all the old bands (plus others like Guns n Roses) you mentioned.

Evanescence, Citizen Soldier, Imagine Dragons, Thousand Foot Krutch, Halestorm, written by wolves, Oh the Larceny... That's what I've been listening to recently and I have no clue what genre they belong too.
I know nothing about the different types of music. I don't even know what makes a rock song different from a non screamy metal one. XD I do know I like all the old bands (plus others like Guns n Roses) you mentioned.

Evanescence, Citizen Soldier, Imagine Dragons, Thousand Foot Krutch, Halestorm, written by wolves, Oh the Larceny... That's what I've been listening to recently and I have no clue what genre they belong too.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png BCBVvuP.png natureshieldr.png
I'm just starting to get into metal; I love Sabaton, Powerwolf, and Infected Mushroom the most so far!
I'm just starting to get into metal; I love Sabaton, Powerwolf, and Infected Mushroom the most so far!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Zinczic118

>:D Yeaa! >XD Doit!

\m/ Up the Irons! \m/
@Zinczic118

>:D Yeaa! >XD Doit!

\m/ Up the Irons! \m/
+~She/Her Majesty/Her Highness~+
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
I wouldn't consider myself one as I'm more into Rock in general, but I do enjoy some Metal, definitely! I've heard of the bands you put of course, out of them I listen to Black Sabbath the most. It's difficult to decide on a favourite (as always), but I think lately I listen to Myrath and Sortilège most. Treason has been suggested to me a few months ago, I loved the sound and commented, surprised, the person who suggested them said their father was the guitarist and suggested more songs [emoji=gaoler laughing size=1] Also, the reason I first didn't think I'd like Metal was that my class teacher had or has a Metal band and... I'm starting to like them but it was hard. (And as someone who grew up with Classical music and Folk and discovered pretty much all Rock and also Metal artists myself - I've questioned my taste more than just once) Excuse my inability to actually determine genres and subgenres myself, I certainly have some amount of feeling for it but if I like something I like it and apart from general knowledge I haven't gotten into the art of that yet.
I wouldn't consider myself one as I'm more into Rock in general, but I do enjoy some Metal, definitely! I've heard of the bands you put of course, out of them I listen to Black Sabbath the most. It's difficult to decide on a favourite (as always), but I think lately I listen to Myrath and Sortilège most. Treason has been suggested to me a few months ago, I loved the sound and commented, surprised, the person who suggested them said their father was the guitarist and suggested more songs
Also, the reason I first didn't think I'd like Metal was that my class teacher had or has a Metal band and... I'm starting to like them but it was hard. (And as someone who grew up with Classical music and Folk and discovered pretty much all Rock and also Metal artists myself - I've questioned my taste more than just once)

Excuse my inability to actually determine genres and subgenres myself, I certainly have some amount of feeling for it but if I like something I like it and apart from general knowledge I haven't gotten into the art of that yet.
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
i listen to quite a lot of metal, agreed on it being incredibly diverse! i enjoy sludgy and groovy metal / palm desert scene, but more noise based bands can give me headaches.

some of my faves are: queens of the stone age, kyuss, nightstalker, electric wizard, ghost, powerwolf, earthlings?, uncle acid and the deadbeats, and red fang
i listen to quite a lot of metal, agreed on it being incredibly diverse! i enjoy sludgy and groovy metal / palm desert scene, but more noise based bands can give me headaches.

some of my faves are: queens of the stone age, kyuss, nightstalker, electric wizard, ghost, powerwolf, earthlings?, uncle acid and the deadbeats, and red fang
52248330644_ea876ff4a5_o.gif vesper - he / his or dae / daemon.
your local evil wizard
baphomet.gif
I listened to some metal and rock in my early years of high school. I switched between listening to Metallica, Tool, and Disturbed. My parents convinced me it was just "a phase", so later in high school I forced myself to stop listening to these genre of music.

Until I heard Battlefield from Blind Guardian from Robot Unicorn Attack. I looked into the band and told myself, "You know what, that wasn't a phase. I'm a metalhead." Over the years I developed a love for other metal bands, mostly powermetal and symphonic metal bands. My favourite bands include:

- Epica
- Ex Libris
- Nightwish
- Blind Guardian
- Ensiferum
- Brothers of Metal
I listened to some metal and rock in my early years of high school. I switched between listening to Metallica, Tool, and Disturbed. My parents convinced me it was just "a phase", so later in high school I forced myself to stop listening to these genre of music.

Until I heard Battlefield from Blind Guardian from Robot Unicorn Attack. I looked into the band and told myself, "You know what, that wasn't a phase. I'm a metalhead." Over the years I developed a love for other metal bands, mostly powermetal and symphonic metal bands. My favourite bands include:

- Epica
- Ex Libris
- Nightwish
- Blind Guardian
- Ensiferum
- Brothers of Metal
1 2 3 4