Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Name censoring
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
Is there a reason I cannot name a dragon Salami? I name all my dorks after food.
Is there a reason I cannot name a dragon Salami? I name all my dorks after food.
@ReignOfFire I'm assuming because it might be used to reference a certain body part
@ReignOfFire I'm assuming because it might be used to reference a certain body part
DIU5jKm.pngPIaKtm5.pngOQZiZP9.pngj33abYc.pngGGdK1b0.pngtxunkgs.pngXIp3w1A.png4ycnGCm.pngcswILMH.pngPlTnKid.pngEzoDj8b.pngtz1ldS9.png
But there are tons of words that could be and they are ok? That is just silly.
But there are tons of words that could be and they are ok? That is just silly.
@ReignOfFire

If that name is being used to harass people then it's likely been banned. People are jerks and that's why we can't have nice things.
@ReignOfFire

If that name is being used to harass people then it's likely been banned. People are jerks and that's why we can't have nice things.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@nightwind how in the world can you harass someone with the word Salami?
@nightwind how in the world can you harass someone with the word Salami?
@ReignOfFire

There's a certain percentage of the playerbase that goes bonkers when dragons they sell are not named according to whatever that player thinks is "appropriate."

An argument can be made that if a single user is buying a single user's dragons and naming them with a single name they don't use anywhere else that it could be considered harassment.

From my standpoint this is the same group of people that creates homeowner association bylaws and standards. It starts off with good intentions and ends in litigation and judges.

Examples of this sort of mentality can be found in the AKC and professional horseracing.
@ReignOfFire

There's a certain percentage of the playerbase that goes bonkers when dragons they sell are not named according to whatever that player thinks is "appropriate."

An argument can be made that if a single user is buying a single user's dragons and naming them with a single name they don't use anywhere else that it could be considered harassment.

From my standpoint this is the same group of people that creates homeowner association bylaws and standards. It starts off with good intentions and ends in litigation and judges.

Examples of this sort of mentality can be found in the AKC and professional horseracing.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Wow.

There is a player that buys a lot of my fodder dragons and names them Peanut. I think its really kind of cute that they get a name before they are exhalted.

I can understand saying you cannot use vulgarity or a racial slur, but its... a sausage. A delicious pork sausage.

I did submit a help ticket.

I hope no one is offended by Pastrami or Bologna.
Wow.

There is a player that buys a lot of my fodder dragons and names them Peanut. I think its really kind of cute that they get a name before they are exhalted.

I can understand saying you cannot use vulgarity or a racial slur, but its... a sausage. A delicious pork sausage.

I did submit a help ticket.

I hope no one is offended by Pastrami or Bologna.
@nightwind if someone is that hung up on the name they should name the derg prior to selling it. Just my humble opinion.
@nightwind if someone is that hung up on the name they should name the derg prior to selling it. Just my humble opinion.
Kielbasa isn't allowed either. :O
Kielbasa isn't allowed either. :O
@ReignOfFire Is it blatantly saying the name isn't allowed or is it simply not going through?

If it's simply not going through, have you tried naming the dragons from your lair page as opposed to their dragon page? I believe the naming bug was fixed, but there's always the possibility that it's still the issue you're facing. Otherwise, the names may just not be allowed for the reasons stated. But there are a lot of dragons on-site named Salami...
@ReignOfFire Is it blatantly saying the name isn't allowed or is it simply not going through?

If it's simply not going through, have you tried naming the dragons from your lair page as opposed to their dragon page? I believe the naming bug was fixed, but there's always the possibility that it's still the issue you're facing. Otherwise, the names may just not be allowed for the reasons stated. But there are a lot of dragons on-site named Salami...
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!