Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Dom] Icecon 2019 [Closed/ongoing]
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 39 40
@Johan I'm up for bonus days! I won't be able to post more stuff until tomorrow but after that I should have enough time to do these daily again :)
@Johan I'm up for bonus days! I won't be able to post more stuff until tomorrow but after that I should have enough time to do these daily again :)
NRIoOfa.png
@Johan Prompt: [quote][center]Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation. "We all have those moments, but what's important that we learn from them. What's the mistake that you're least likely to bring up in a conversation with your coworkers. *Clears throat* I accidentally *coughs* eat the 5 Pretty Pink Mums that are needed for a very expensive gene mutation serum *coughs*. Needless to say, my boss was furious."[/center][/quote] Entry: [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=122162&tab=dragon&did=54859366][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/548594/54859366.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=122162&did=55488326][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/554884/55488326.png[/img][/url][/center] ((I’m fine with Bonus days!)) “Well aside from the more terrifying mishaps - there was this one time we experimented with a replicatory virus and how it might effect the subject - they weren’t harmed in case anyone worries - but well it got quiet out of hand very fast” Theron snorts loudly behind her and she huffs at him “well how was I to know it would replicate itself so fast? And practically get through and infest entire decks? They were harmless! Just very hungry! And fluffy” Needless to say Xerender hadn’t been very pleased to be overrun with fluffy hairballs in his polished armoury - neither had Nihlus been very appreciative when they’d overran the infirmary wards. Tartarus has complained that they were too fluffy to eat - the monstrosity had been hacking up hairballs to prove it while Styx had made soft cooing sounds at the fluffy things whilst patting one of his many limbs in sympathy. Ah well, it’d gotten solved in the end. ((Why Yes this was inspired by that one Star Trek episode - trouble with Tribbles c; ))
@Johan
Prompt:
Quote:
Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation.
"We all have those moments, but what's important that we learn from them. What's the mistake that you're least likely to bring up in a conversation with your coworkers. *Clears throat* I accidentally *coughs* eat the 5 Pretty Pink Mums that are needed for a very expensive gene mutation serum *coughs*. Needless to say, my boss was furious."
Entry:
54859366.png55488326.png

((I’m fine with Bonus days!))

“Well aside from the more terrifying mishaps - there was this one time we experimented with a replicatory virus and how it might effect the subject - they weren’t harmed in case anyone worries - but well it got quiet out of hand very fast” Theron snorts loudly behind her and she huffs at him “well how was I to know it would replicate itself so fast? And practically get through and infest entire decks? They were harmless! Just very hungry! And fluffy”

Needless to say Xerender hadn’t been very pleased to be overrun with fluffy hairballs in his polished armoury - neither had Nihlus been very appreciative when they’d overran the infirmary wards.

Tartarus has complained that they were too fluffy to eat - the monstrosity had been hacking up hairballs to prove it while Styx had made soft cooing sounds at the fluffy things whilst patting one of his many limbs in sympathy.

Ah well, it’d gotten solved in the end.

((Why Yes this was inspired by that one Star Trek episode - trouble with Tribbles c; ))
xN6nsb3.png
” we all have one foot in a fairytale
and the other in the abyss “

@Ophionyx
im glad! i know people are busy during halloweens and could possibly miss out some stuff, so i think have a bit extra would be nice ^^
@Ophionyx
im glad! i know people are busy during halloweens and could possibly miss out some stuff, so i think have a bit extra would be nice ^^
@Johan
And wherever might the lamb sauce be? insects
@Johan
And wherever might the lamb sauce be? insects
@Johan I'd love bonus days! Been having a lot of fun with this event, so I'd love to do more. Prompt: Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation. Entry: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13918475] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139185/13918475_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh dear..." Satsuma blushed as the prompt brought up embarrassing memories. "Well, obviously all researchers experience trials and errors during zeir studies. I am no exception. It was during ze beginning of my research career, when I was just starting to branch out beyond simple healing potion recipes. My first experiment was an antidote for Maren poison, since our lair bordered Maren territory and my clan leader wanted protection for ze dragons traveling to and from our lair. Of course, in order to create an antidote, I first had to get my hands on some Maren toxins. Which...proved difficult, since my clan wasn't on good terms with Maren tribes at ze time. So I devised a plan to capture a Maren by laying fishing nets along ze waterway routes Maren used, and zen take any toxins zat zey had." Satsuma shrugged. "Obviously not ze best plan, but I was young and inexperienced at ze time. I underestimated how intelligent Maren are." "Anyways, where was I? Oh right, my net traps. Well, I managed to convince the dragons on fishing duty to loan me zeir nets for one night, and zen I placed ze nets in all ze spots near our part of ze Sea zat I zought would have Maren passing zrough. But to my surprise, when I went to check on ze nets ze next morning, I saw not Maren but a dragon! One of my clan mates had slipped outside during ze night to catch himself a midnight snack, and didn't know about ze nets I had set. He ended up tripping and getting caught in the nets himself, and his splashing not only scared off all ze Maren but warned zem about ze ozzer nets. So zat plan was a bust. "Eventually ze issue was solved not by me, but by our Beastclan Ambassador, who managed to create diplomatic ties between our clan and the local tribes, and the Maren leave us alone now. Now my net story is just a funny tale to share during get-togezzers after everyone's had too much to drink." Where's the lamb sauce - meat please!
@Johan I'd love bonus days! Been having a lot of fun with this event, so I'd love to do more.

Prompt: Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation.
Entry:

13918475_350.png

"Oh dear..." Satsuma blushed as the prompt brought up embarrassing memories. "Well, obviously all researchers experience trials and errors during zeir studies. I am no exception. It was during ze beginning of my research career, when I was just starting to branch out beyond simple healing potion recipes. My first experiment was an antidote for Maren poison, since our lair bordered Maren territory and my clan leader wanted protection for ze dragons traveling to and from our lair. Of course, in order to create an antidote, I first had to get my hands on some Maren toxins. Which...proved difficult, since my clan wasn't on good terms with Maren tribes at ze time. So I devised a plan to capture a Maren by laying fishing nets along ze waterway routes Maren used, and zen take any toxins zat zey had." Satsuma shrugged. "Obviously not ze best plan, but I was young and inexperienced at ze time. I underestimated how intelligent Maren are."

"Anyways, where was I? Oh right, my net traps. Well, I managed to convince the dragons on fishing duty to loan me zeir nets for one night, and zen I placed ze nets in all ze spots near our part of ze Sea zat I zought would have Maren passing zrough. But to my surprise, when I went to check on ze nets ze next morning, I saw not Maren but a dragon! One of my clan mates had slipped outside during ze night to catch himself a midnight snack, and didn't know about ze nets I had set. He ended up tripping and getting caught in the nets himself, and his splashing not only scared off all ze Maren but warned zem about ze ozzer nets. So zat plan was a bust.

"Eventually ze issue was solved not by me, but by our Beastclan Ambassador, who managed to create diplomatic ties between our clan and the local tribes, and the Maren leave us alone now. Now my net story is just a funny tale to share during get-togezzers after everyone's had too much to drink."

Where's the lamb sauce - meat please!
gWy7Gj5.png
[center]@Johan (where's the lamb sauce? actual lambsauce this time- meat! And to add onto this after posting bc I forgot- I would not at all mind this being extended! It’s been a fun way to be motivated into drawing daily ^^)[/center] [center]Prompt: [b]Day 6- Embarrassing mistake /calculation.[/b] Entry: [emoji=red vial size=1][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/l8TmJSU.png[/img] ("Ah, just a moment- miscalculations, you say? Well, I'd accidentally added an extra 0 to a purchase once...") This topic was not as sore as the last- perhaps because the idea of [i]embarrassing [/i]mistakes felt much lighter than incidents. Eissu even laughs at their own story! "I had to find a use for a hundred vials of Arcanic-strain gembond venom, at least 300 test panels, and gods know what else, but I found that to be more of a blessing than a curse in the end, haha! But I've been told the look on my face when I received all those boxes was priceless- a few coworkers won't let it go.." (( @Sanzuwu - WOW it was a pleasant surprise when I woke up to see you'd drawn Eissu!! They look really good in your style! I added Arcade to this panel as thanks ^^ Would you mind if I put the art you drew in Eissu's bio, by the way- with credit, of course! ))
@Johan (where's the lamb sauce? actual lambsauce this time- meat! And to add onto this after posting bc I forgot- I would not at all mind this being extended! It’s been a fun way to be motivated into drawing daily ^^)
Prompt: Day 6- Embarrassing mistake /calculation.

Entry:

l8TmJSU.png

("Ah, just a moment- miscalculations, you say? Well, I'd accidentally added an extra 0 to a purchase once...")

This topic was not as sore as the last- perhaps because the idea of embarrassing mistakes felt much lighter than incidents. Eissu even laughs at their own story! "I had to find a use for a hundred vials of Arcanic-strain gembond venom, at least 300 test panels, and gods know what else, but I found that to be more of a blessing than a curse in the end, haha! But I've been told the look on my face when I received all those boxes was priceless- a few coworkers won't let it go.."

(( @Sanzuwu - WOW it was a pleasant surprise when I woke up to see you'd drawn Eissu!! They look really good in your style! I added Arcade to this panel as thanks ^^ Would you mind if I put the art you drew in Eissu's bio, by the way- with credit, of course! ))
V0awagL.png
@Johan Prompt: Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation. Entery: [img]https://i.imgur.com/zrRWImc.png[/img] [center][i]"I think it's not hard to guess I happen to have a habit of getting myself into situations I shouldn't be in..."[/i][/center]
@Johan
Prompt: Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation.
Entery: zrRWImc.png
"I think it's not hard to guess I happen to have a habit of getting myself into situations I shouldn't be in..."
@Johan Where's the lamb sauce??? - Insects Prompt: Day 6: An Embarrassing Mistake/Miscalculation Entry: [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43489605] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434897/43489605_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Other than the... umm... Alpha incident I talked about before, there isn't much else that springs to mind. Actually, there is one thing! Funnily enough, it's related to Alpha again. When I was drawing out her blueprints, I was trying to calculate the dimensions of how much metal I'd need and I have to admit, I wasn't paying as much attention as I could have been. I accidentally double pressed a button on my calculator and didn't realise until it was far too late. It was humiliating to say the least but hey, at least I didn't have to place an order for sheet metal for a few months."
@Johan
Where's the lamb sauce??? - Insects
Prompt: Day 6: An Embarrassing Mistake/Miscalculation
Entry: "Other than the... umm... Alpha incident I talked about before, there isn't much else that springs to mind. Actually, there is one thing! Funnily enough, it's related to Alpha again. When I was drawing out her blueprints, I was trying to calculate the dimensions of how much metal I'd need and I have to admit, I wasn't paying as much attention as I could have been. I accidentally double pressed a button on my calculator and didn't realise until it was far too late. It was humiliating to say the least but hey, at least I didn't have to place an order for sheet metal for a few months."
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
@Johan prompt: Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation entry: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37430314] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/374304/37430314.png[/img] [/url] [font= comic sans][size=4] “Mistakes, eh? Let me think…” Marble went quiet for a few moments as he thought. A lot of these stories involve others in a way they probably wouldn’t like, don’t they? He could always just li- oh wait. Now he remembers. His neck shrunk back toward his body a bit at the thought, but he had to, didn’t he? He can’t lie for every question now… “Well...one time, I was in the medical bay...I WAS JUST CURIOUS, ALRIGHT?” He felt the need to overexplain himself in the face of embarrassment. “I...ruined a very important experimental medicine by tasting it, pouring cranberry juice in it and then tasting it again to see if it tasted better. Votano was really upset about that...he probably still is, after all these years.” He feels horrible for remembering how good it tasted.
@Johan
prompt: Day 6:Embarrassing mistake /calculation
entry:

37430314.png

“Mistakes, eh? Let me think…” Marble went quiet for a few moments as he thought. A lot of these stories involve others in a way they probably wouldn’t like, don’t they? He could always just li- oh wait. Now he remembers. His neck shrunk back toward his body a bit at the thought, but he had to, didn’t he? He can’t lie for every question now…

“Well...one time, I was in the medical bay...I WAS JUST CURIOUS, ALRIGHT?” He felt the need to overexplain himself in the face of embarrassment. “I...ruined a very important experimental medicine by tasting it, pouring cranberry juice in it and then tasting it again to see if it tasted better. Votano was really upset about that...he probably still is, after all these years.” He feels horrible for remembering how good it tasted.
gtyhuj_100x100.png Autmn_forest_2_3.jpg t-e-e-th-j-a-r.gif
[center]@Johan [b]Prompt: Day 6: Embarrassing mistake/calculation. Entry:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19376633][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/193767/19376633p.png[/img][/url] "I think we've established that I don't make mistakes... so Mea, you should tell your story!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30063148][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/300632/30063148p.png[/img][/url] "Hm?" "You know. The mushrooms!" "Uh... ah!" His frills flare out. "I forgot about that! It was a long time ago. I can't really recall it. Sorry." "Really? Because I remember it like it was yesterday! You stay here while I get a refill- I'll come back and tell you aaall about it!" Once again, the two are separated. Aechmea shuffles awkwardly. "When I was younger and first getting into alchemy, I really didn't know what I was doing. So I found some weird mushrooms and tried using them in a brew and the fumes caused some minor, temporary side effects. It was a running joke for a while. That's about it." Iris returns with drink and ice replenished. "I mixed some eternal snow into it," she whispers, "from the ground! I'm a genius, aren't I? Anyway, the mushroom story-" "I already told it," he interrupts. "Is that the same snow dragons are walking on?" "What? There's no way you told the whole story already! Did you include the part about how you sneaked into Slash's garden and she chased you out and you fell in poison ivy and then just kept running?" "That has nothing to do with-" "And you threw the mushrooms in your cauldron while she was chasing you and it took like ten minutes for her to catch up?" "Well-" "And we all had to evacuate the lair because of the fumes?" "That's-" "And everyone's vision was blue for a week? No other colors?" "Iris-" "And it took two whole hours to find a medic because no one could fly straight?" "Plea-" "And you had to replace most of the furniture in your room because it rotted away from the unstoppable fungus?" "No-" "And we had to take out all our belongings so the lair could be sanitized, but after that we got really bad mold?" "The-" "And most of that wouldn't have happened if you had just remembered to turn the burner off, and that's why safety procedures are so important!" "You're drinking enchanted floor snow." "Yes I am!" Iris swallows the drink and the ice in one gulp. Her body scrunches up. "C-cold! Serum not... strong enough..." Her snakes make a quick getaway. They settle for cuddling with the concerned-looking cat. Aechmea hands her a bottle. "I packed enough to last weeks. This is the only dose left." "P-p-point taken..."
@Johan
Prompt: Day 6: Embarrassing mistake/calculation.
Entry:

19376633p.png

"I think we've established that I don't make mistakes... so Mea, you should tell your story!"

30063148p.png

"Hm?"

"You know. The mushrooms!"

"Uh... ah!" His frills flare out. "I forgot about that! It was a long time ago. I can't really recall it. Sorry."

"Really? Because I remember it like it was yesterday! You stay here while I get a refill- I'll come back and tell you aaall about it!"

Once again, the two are separated. Aechmea shuffles awkwardly.

"When I was younger and first getting into alchemy, I really didn't know what I was doing. So I found some weird mushrooms and tried using them in a brew and the fumes caused some minor, temporary side effects. It was a running joke for a while. That's about it."

Iris returns with drink and ice replenished. "I mixed some eternal snow into it," she whispers, "from the ground! I'm a genius, aren't I? Anyway, the mushroom story-"

"I already told it," he interrupts. "Is that the same snow dragons are walking on?"

"What? There's no way you told the whole story already! Did you include the part about how you sneaked into Slash's garden and she chased you out and you fell in poison ivy and then just kept running?"

"That has nothing to do with-"

"And you threw the mushrooms in your cauldron while she was chasing you and it took like ten minutes for her to catch up?"

"Well-"

"And we all had to evacuate the lair because of the fumes?"

"That's-"

"And everyone's vision was blue for a week? No other colors?"

"Iris-"

"And it took two whole hours to find a medic because no one could fly straight?"

"Plea-"

"And you had to replace most of the furniture in your room because it rotted away from the unstoppable fungus?"

"No-"

"And we had to take out all our belongings so the lair could be sanitized, but after that we got really bad mold?"

"The-"

"And most of that wouldn't have happened if you had just remembered to turn the burner off, and that's why safety procedures are so important!"

"You're drinking enchanted floor snow."

"Yes I am!" Iris swallows the drink and the ice in one gulp.

Her body scrunches up.

"C-cold! Serum not... strong enough..." Her snakes make a quick getaway. They settle for cuddling with the concerned-looking cat.

Aechmea hands her a bottle. "I packed enough to last weeks. This is the only dose left."

"P-p-point taken..."
Sig.png41904606024_0cc8ac141a_o.pngSigI.pngSnv0FVq.pngWTH-Sig2.png

dNCLmdm.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 39 40