Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
Oh, I can't say how much I'd love to never get another message from the AH. It spams so many messages! Sometimes I have to open PAGES of messages to get all my stuff. Pages!

If I may say so, however, there is one other feature I'd love to see in the Auction House: Best Offers. I'd like to be able to post a Dragon for sale (or offer on a Dragon up for sale) outside the parameters of the posted price. I know there are forums for working out prices, but some of us Water types are a bit shy. :)

~Quaggy
Oh, I can't say how much I'd love to never get another message from the AH. It spams so many messages! Sometimes I have to open PAGES of messages to get all my stuff. Pages!

If I may say so, however, there is one other feature I'd love to see in the Auction House: Best Offers. I'd like to be able to post a Dragon for sale (or offer on a Dragon up for sale) outside the parameters of the posted price. I know there are forums for working out prices, but some of us Water types are a bit shy. :)

~Quaggy
Team #TreasureGene or Team #ColiGene?
on another note I can't wait for the ac update!
Team #TreasureGene or Team #ColiGene?
on another note I can't wait for the ac update!
4wPbTeZ.jpgSyCN2na.pngaM4Qu0f.gifOFrfPUV.pngSN6WNSw.png
A parameter I think would be useful is a drop box maybe or something where you can exclude certain genes you aren't looking for. Or a click list/elimination drop box to exclude unwanted genes
A parameter I think would be useful is a drop box maybe or something where you can exclude certain genes you aren't looking for. Or a click list/elimination drop box to exclude unwanted genes
Coliseum! But the auction house sounds Amazin!
Coliseum! But the auction house sounds Amazin!
[quote name="Scultone" date=2016-03-24 14:18:03] [quote name="McAlli" date=2016-03-24 13:49:01] [quote]Another thing to mention is that genes are not necessary[/quote] ...they're literally like...half of the point of the game?? [/quote] They are a part of breeding and dragon collecting, which are two of the many aspects of FR. Not being able to find or buy two genes will not impede a player's ability to sell items, play in the fairgrounds, collect familiars, etc. And, as I said later in the post, given time players will be able to buy dragons with these genes for the normal dragon prices... context is key with this quote. [/quote] I don't think making one of the biggest aspects of the game should be sectioned off to those who are able to access the Coli for extended periods of time. Being able to buy dragons with the gene later will not make the scroll itself more available, it means that very few folks will be able to re-gene existing dragons. Collecting Dragons, Geneing them, dressing them up, and breeding them is the core "gameplay" of FR and making some Genes just...unavailable is unfair. Hell, Gem Genes are already enough to side-eye for. The Coli is even worse than having to save for Gems, imo.
Scultone wrote on 2016-03-24:
McAlli wrote on 2016-03-24:
Quote:
Another thing to mention is that genes are not necessary

...they're literally like...half of the point of the game??

They are a part of breeding and dragon collecting, which are two of the many aspects of FR. Not being able to find or buy two genes will not impede a player's ability to sell items, play in the fairgrounds, collect familiars, etc. And, as I said later in the post, given time players will be able to buy dragons with these genes for the normal dragon prices... context is key with this quote.

I don't think making one of the biggest aspects of the game should be sectioned off to those who are able to access the Coli for extended periods of time. Being able to buy dragons with the gene later will not make the scroll itself more available, it means that very few folks will be able to re-gene existing dragons.

Collecting Dragons, Geneing them, dressing them up, and breeding them is the core "gameplay" of FR and making some Genes just...unavailable is unfair. Hell, Gem Genes are already enough to side-eye for. The Coli is even worse than having to save for Gems, imo.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
yesss auction update can't come soon enough, all the changes i've wanted for a long time. so happy
yesss auction update can't come soon enough, all the changes i've wanted for a long time. so happy
now the stuff thats happening to the Auction house is very interesting indeed and cant help but feel that it could strongly benefit the game so i do look forward when it comes around. Secondly abolishing those message would be a divine thing to solve it would save so so much time for a lot of people and would like nothing more than to have this time cut completely down.

As for the genes I almost feel like its a no brainer, we have a LOT of treasure genes seemingly filling the market to keep them rare I would suggest keeping them in the Colosseum not only that it would make them the first genes to be dropped from the Colosseum.

now the stuff thats happening to the Auction house is very interesting indeed and cant help but feel that it could strongly benefit the game so i do look forward when it comes around. Secondly abolishing those message would be a divine thing to solve it would save so so much time for a lot of people and would like nothing more than to have this time cut completely down.

As for the genes I almost feel like its a no brainer, we have a LOT of treasure genes seemingly filling the market to keep them rare I would suggest keeping them in the Colosseum not only that it would make them the first genes to be dropped from the Colosseum.

EOrlrwo.giftumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png
My thoughts exactly. What the heck is going to happen to the courier dragons. Looks like they'll be needing new gigs.
My thoughts exactly. What the heck is going to happen to the courier dragons. Looks like they'll be needing new gigs.
tumblr_inline_njviw7oGr71qg2i5p.png
Those genes don't look like something I'd use soooo... To the coli with them! xP
Those genes don't look like something I'd use soooo... To the coli with them! xP
If you have a chartreuse/cottoncandy xxy to sell, dm me!

Check out my Deviantart if you'd like :3
YESSSS. Also, Coli genes would be gr8, but I hope that the coli gene would come AFTER the coli rework, or along with it.

That's my 2c tho.
YESSSS. Also, Coli genes would be gr8, but I hope that the coli gene would come AFTER the coli rework, or along with it.

That's my 2c tho.
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!