Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your major?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ps: while I've always wanted to learn animation, given the chance, I would 100% major in paleontology

It's just that, ugh
Math. I'd have to do a lot of math. I don't like math, so animation is it (not to down play how much I love animation)
Ps: while I've always wanted to learn animation, given the chance, I would 100% major in paleontology

It's just that, ugh
Math. I'd have to do a lot of math. I don't like math, so animation is it (not to down play how much I love animation)
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
I haven’t actually started college yet, but I’m going to be a music education major. The goal is to hopefully teach middle school or high school band. If that doesn’t work out, then an elementary school music teacher will do.
I haven’t actually started college yet, but I’m going to be a music education major. The goal is to hopefully teach middle school or high school band. If that doesn’t work out, then an elementary school music teacher will do.
cTrEW.gifmlHpBMC.png.XdKddgH.png.
multimedia production, i think making Content for people to Consume would be nice
multimedia production, i think making Content for people to Consume would be nice
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
I'm a lawyer now. But in college I started out as a history major and switched to criminal justice when I switched colleges (kept history as a minor).
I'm a lawyer now. But in college I started out as a history major and switched to criminal justice when I switched colleges (kept history as a minor).
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
I started as a Biology major but switched to English.

Health barriers aside, I didn't really enjoy the environment of the human health and science classes as much as I did in high school. I'm still very interested in biology, but I figured taking classes on it wasn't for me :p

I'm much happier now as an English major! I'm very excited to improve my writing skills (I have a creative writing minor) and hopefully write my own story some day (novel, graphic novel, video game, show, etc).
I started as a Biology major but switched to English.

Health barriers aside, I didn't really enjoy the environment of the human health and science classes as much as I did in high school. I'm still very interested in biology, but I figured taking classes on it wasn't for me :p

I'm much happier now as an English major! I'm very excited to improve my writing skills (I have a creative writing minor) and hopefully write my own story some day (novel, graphic novel, video game, show, etc).
For my first degree, I got a BA in sociology with a minor in philosophy. I liked the way philosophy challenged me, and my interest in sociology started after I started volunteering in my city's equivalent of skid row. The folks I met really opened my eyes to a lot of things about how my society works, and I wanted to learn how I could help.

Second degree was in nursing (I've wanted to be one since I was a kid) and now I'm a substance use nurse, so both degrees come in super handy!
For my first degree, I got a BA in sociology with a minor in philosophy. I liked the way philosophy challenged me, and my interest in sociology started after I started volunteering in my city's equivalent of skid row. The folks I met really opened my eyes to a lot of things about how my society works, and I wanted to learn how I could help.

Second degree was in nursing (I've wanted to be one since I was a kid) and now I'm a substance use nurse, so both degrees come in super handy!
QtezsCP.png
Currently in college for a Supply Chain Management degree. I have some family who also have the same major and its rlly cool. Plus the wide variety in terms of the career field, double plus its just so interesting to learn about the logistics behind how businesses work and what is necessary to create a functioning company cause boy did I not realize how many things truly went into it.

One of my professors recently used bottled water as an example, you need a water source, then ppl to collect the water, people to clean the water, to get the water to a packaging plant. Ppl to design the plastic labels, buy the machines that will put those on the bottles, people to supply you the bottles and caps themselves. You also need to hire workers and pay for the spaces in which you are going to package, warehouse, and ship. Oh and dont forget the insurance you need on all the warehouses and facilities you will use. And then the transportation to the stores and insurance on the trucks you are using to get them to the stores,, it just goes ON AND ON and its just so fascinating how much goes into it. Also if a single thing goes wrong, one of ur suppliers cant get you something? or one of the secondary suppliers to ur primary suppliers? then ur whole supply chain is messed up
Currently in college for a Supply Chain Management degree. I have some family who also have the same major and its rlly cool. Plus the wide variety in terms of the career field, double plus its just so interesting to learn about the logistics behind how businesses work and what is necessary to create a functioning company cause boy did I not realize how many things truly went into it.

One of my professors recently used bottled water as an example, you need a water source, then ppl to collect the water, people to clean the water, to get the water to a packaging plant. Ppl to design the plastic labels, buy the machines that will put those on the bottles, people to supply you the bottles and caps themselves. You also need to hire workers and pay for the spaces in which you are going to package, warehouse, and ship. Oh and dont forget the insurance you need on all the warehouses and facilities you will use. And then the transportation to the stores and insurance on the trucks you are using to get them to the stores,, it just goes ON AND ON and its just so fascinating how much goes into it. Also if a single thing goes wrong, one of ur suppliers cant get you something? or one of the secondary suppliers to ur primary suppliers? then ur whole supply chain is messed up
T image1.jpg e
~Mer~
They/She

Pixel Adopts
Wishlist
e image0.jpg
Omg I also study linguistics! But only linguistics as a whole, not with focus on anything specific and it's the coolest thing ever, even if every now and then I'm overcome with dread about what I'm gonna do after these studies lmao

Out of structural courses my favourite is syntax, I think, because in my course everybody was given some obscure language not very well known, sometimes very endangered and definitely not spoken in Europe and we learned grammar and stuff with that language as an example, which was really cool. Syntax overall feels like a puzzle to figure out and my autistic brain loves it so much lmao
Omg I also study linguistics! But only linguistics as a whole, not with focus on anything specific and it's the coolest thing ever, even if every now and then I'm overcome with dread about what I'm gonna do after these studies lmao

Out of structural courses my favourite is syntax, I think, because in my course everybody was given some obscure language not very well known, sometimes very endangered and definitely not spoken in Europe and we learned grammar and stuff with that language as an example, which was really cool. Syntax overall feels like a puzzle to figure out and my autistic brain loves it so much lmao
c2eYYTM.png
bYt72YT.png
ijbUS1M.png
LGvol4P.png
lB92wkt.png
ll0CfnD.png
MOagWqY.png
dEe2UrM.png
W3zVYMS.png
[/img][/url]
I'm doing marine biology and classics. My marine bio major is focused on sharks, skates, and rays. Im hoping to do research into ray conservation and behavior. Currently I am doing research projects with neon cleaner goby behavior and with stingray feeding preferences. My classics major is focused on Greek literature specifically with mythology, magic, and spirituality
I'm doing marine biology and classics. My marine bio major is focused on sharks, skates, and rays. Im hoping to do research into ray conservation and behavior. Currently I am doing research projects with neon cleaner goby behavior and with stingray feeding preferences. My classics major is focused on Greek literature specifically with mythology, magic, and spirituality
I'm a double entomology and agriculture major! I want to go into pest management for farms and stuff later in life maybe, I don't know. We'll see! I'm currently doing some research and I like that so
I'm a double entomology and agriculture major! I want to go into pest management for farms and stuff later in life maybe, I don't know. We'll see! I'm currently doing some research and I like that so
bf2e9265b8d23a5dbc51e4b9433b156139c00f31.gif cec5d2040d318bef9c3fa11a2c3f93ab9c3ec914.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7