Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your major?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wildlife ecology! I don't really have career aspirations with it; i've already got a decent job hopefully lined up once i gradute, and getting any job in ecology to begin with is hard, especially if you don't go all in for a masters/PhD. which I'm absolutely not. But it's a subject i find extremely interesting & mostly intuitive, and any bachelor's is better than none in this economy, so to college i go :v

linguistics is super cool!!! one of my friends is majoring in that, and i absolutely love hearing how their research is going. it also always amuses me how different our days are - i'll ask about their day and they'll say, "oh, in my old english literature class we read about [wildest thing you've ever heard]", and they'll ask me about my day and i'll just be like. well. i had to find a squirrel.
Wildlife ecology! I don't really have career aspirations with it; i've already got a decent job hopefully lined up once i gradute, and getting any job in ecology to begin with is hard, especially if you don't go all in for a masters/PhD. which I'm absolutely not. But it's a subject i find extremely interesting & mostly intuitive, and any bachelor's is better than none in this economy, so to college i go :v

linguistics is super cool!!! one of my friends is majoring in that, and i absolutely love hearing how their research is going. it also always amuses me how different our days are - i'll ask about their day and they'll say, "oh, in my old english literature class we read about [wildest thing you've ever heard]", and they'll ask me about my day and i'll just be like. well. i had to find a squirrel.
dungeon master
Computer science is a broad field that encompasses everything from computer systems and networks to cybersecurity. Computer scientists may work as software developers, computer systems analysts, database administrators, or other careers related to the way software systems operate. If you are interested in entering the in-demand and high-growth field of computer science, you may consider earning a computer science degree.

A computer science degree, commonly called a CS degree, is proof that you’ve completed a computer science program and may be qualified for a variety of technology-focused careers. While pursuing this degree, you can expect to learn about programming languages, data science, software development, information security, and network architecture.

In this article, we'll discuss the different types of computer science degrees, concentrations you may pursue, as well as careers you may want to consider after graduation.
Computer science is a broad field that encompasses everything from computer systems and networks to cybersecurity. Computer scientists may work as software developers, computer systems analysts, database administrators, or other careers related to the way software systems operate. If you are interested in entering the in-demand and high-growth field of computer science, you may consider earning a computer science degree.

A computer science degree, commonly called a CS degree, is proof that you’ve completed a computer science program and may be qualified for a variety of technology-focused careers. While pursuing this degree, you can expect to learn about programming languages, data science, software development, information security, and network architecture.

In this article, we'll discuss the different types of computer science degrees, concentrations you may pursue, as well as careers you may want to consider after graduation.
I'm currently in Biology, but I'm hoping to transfer to Med Lab Science next year. I've always had an interest in the human body but I couldn't just do any health career as I don't do well with blood and gross stuff. But as a med lab tech, I shouldn't have an issue because everything is neatly contained in vials and separated from the actual person. Plus, I won't have to deal with patients which makes the introvert in me happy. I'll just be in a lab, running tests and looking through a microscope.
I'm currently in Biology, but I'm hoping to transfer to Med Lab Science next year. I've always had an interest in the human body but I couldn't just do any health career as I don't do well with blood and gross stuff. But as a med lab tech, I shouldn't have an issue because everything is neatly contained in vials and separated from the actual person. Plus, I won't have to deal with patients which makes the introvert in me happy. I'll just be in a lab, running tests and looking through a microscope.
0GeVlna.png The sea
collects the lost.
Do you head somewhere,
Wanderer?
rXAL2aJ.pngx6FOK3J.pngcVMOzbH.pngqUYWoAR.png
i have a bachelors in animation + motion graphics with a minor in creative writing, and a degree from a tech school in animation

mostly went into art because i can do it well enough, wanted to make games and all that.

I wanted to go into biology or astrology, and i was given the chance to take a test in high school that was advanced level, if i scored a certain level i could potentially get a full ride to a biology degree. i was the highest grade of the three kids in the whole school to take it, but i was one point short of qualifying. so that was a big point of upset for me and i kinda backed away for sciences. felt like i disappointed the teacher who set the whole test up. one of the other kids to take it was my friend who went to medical school for a bit. never met the other kid.

if i had the means to go back to school it would be for those majors, or anthropology. never took a course for it till college but it clicked so easily and i hadn't taken notes so fervently since those hs science classes.
close close contender would be forensic science
i have a bachelors in animation + motion graphics with a minor in creative writing, and a degree from a tech school in animation

mostly went into art because i can do it well enough, wanted to make games and all that.

I wanted to go into biology or astrology, and i was given the chance to take a test in high school that was advanced level, if i scored a certain level i could potentially get a full ride to a biology degree. i was the highest grade of the three kids in the whole school to take it, but i was one point short of qualifying. so that was a big point of upset for me and i kinda backed away for sciences. felt like i disappointed the teacher who set the whole test up. one of the other kids to take it was my friend who went to medical school for a bit. never met the other kid.

if i had the means to go back to school it would be for those majors, or anthropology. never took a course for it till college but it clicked so easily and i hadn't taken notes so fervently since those hs science classes.
close close contender would be forensic science
Recent graphic design major here. I've settled nicely into a small in-house design team for a local company that does a lot of fashion and luxury work. Within a few years, I'd LOVE to end up more towards my interests: package design. I've taken a good handful of courses on product and package design, and I've actually done a few internships with a global cosmetic company where I worked a bit on some of the product packaging there. There's something incredibly satisfying about seeing the fruits of your labor in a physical form.

Beyond that, I do other graphic design work. Branding and logo design, motion design, print design... lots of design :)
Recent graphic design major here. I've settled nicely into a small in-house design team for a local company that does a lot of fashion and luxury work. Within a few years, I'd LOVE to end up more towards my interests: package design. I've taken a good handful of courses on product and package design, and I've actually done a few internships with a global cosmetic company where I worked a bit on some of the product packaging there. There's something incredibly satisfying about seeing the fruits of your labor in a physical form.

Beyond that, I do other graphic design work. Branding and logo design, motion design, print design... lots of design :)
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
[quote name="tavthebard" date="2023-11-30 18:14:45" ] Computer science is a broad field that encompasses everything from computer systems and networks to cybersecurity. Computer scientists may work as software developers, computer systems analysts, database administrators, or other careers related to the way software systems operate. If you are interested in entering the in-demand and high-growth field of computer science, you may consider earning a computer science degree. A computer science degree, commonly called a CS degree, is proof that you’ve completed a computer science program and may be qualified for a variety of technology-focused careers. While pursuing this degree, you can expect to learn about programming languages, data science, software development, information security, and network architecture. In this article, we'll discuss the different types of computer science degrees, concentrations you may pursue, as well as careers you may want to consider after graduation. [/quote] I cant tell if this is GPT generated or just a great end line but I study software engineering! I honestly love it so much would do it even if it didn't pay as well as it does because it, to me, is just solving puzzles. I personally love doing front end development which is the user interfaces of applications because it is a great mix of being creative and logical to me.
tavthebard wrote on 2023-11-30 18:14:45:

I cant tell if this is GPT generated or just a great end line but I study software engineering! I honestly love it so much would do it even if it didn't pay as well as it does because it, to me, is just solving puzzles. I personally love doing front end development which is the user interfaces of applications because it is a great mix of being creative and logical to me.
d63a147190f3ccf05d664ab9b9287ad9133236bc.png > Kori's Kloset
> Daily Gratitudes
Animation major (rest in piece my hands). I've always wanted to be an animator for TV and i'm very glad with the place I chose to go to school for it! The classes are hard and they have you do a lot besides animation (like making your own website, building up your portfolio, etc.) and It's tough but rewarding! I'm working my way into being a storyboard artist, or perhaps using my developing animation skills for personal projects!

Other than that I draw my own comics or just generally draw ocs lol. Hopefully get to animate em one day!
Animation major (rest in piece my hands). I've always wanted to be an animator for TV and i'm very glad with the place I chose to go to school for it! The classes are hard and they have you do a lot besides animation (like making your own website, building up your portfolio, etc.) and It's tough but rewarding! I'm working my way into being a storyboard artist, or perhaps using my developing animation skills for personal projects!

Other than that I draw my own comics or just generally draw ocs lol. Hopefully get to animate em one day!
ComicFury
Webtoon
Insta
WeH76wq.png
I've been out of school for a long time, but when I was in college I double majored in theater production and English with a drama concentration.

I picked theater production first because I love costumes and I wanted more instruction on how to make them. The English major came later because I knew an English degree opens way more doors for jobs than theater. The drama concentration wouldn't matter, because what I planned to do was business or technical writing.

I got really sick before I could finish my degree, and now I don't have the money to afford to go back, plus the new chat bots are probably going to replace business writers pretty soon. I got 60+ credits, though, so that's like having an associates degree. That's something, right?
I've been out of school for a long time, but when I was in college I double majored in theater production and English with a drama concentration.

I picked theater production first because I love costumes and I wanted more instruction on how to make them. The English major came later because I knew an English degree opens way more doors for jobs than theater. The drama concentration wouldn't matter, because what I planned to do was business or technical writing.

I got really sick before I could finish my degree, and now I don't have the money to afford to go back, plus the new chat bots are probably going to replace business writers pretty soon. I got 60+ credits, though, so that's like having an associates degree. That's something, right?
I graduated college in.... 1997 with a double major in Biology and Chemistry, a minor in Fine Arts. I was accepted to the University of Minnesota Veterinary college but then my mom got hurt at work, I couldn't go to college and started working 2 full time jobs to pay the bills. I had 3 younger siblings and a disabled mom to support starting when I was 22.
I graduated college in.... 1997 with a double major in Biology and Chemistry, a minor in Fine Arts. I was accepted to the University of Minnesota Veterinary college but then my mom got hurt at work, I couldn't go to college and started working 2 full time jobs to pay the bills. I had 3 younger siblings and a disabled mom to support starting when I was 22.
67912EV1523.gif

plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png

Badge_1_150px.png

Cis Lesbian she/her
@Lasaga in the same boat!!!

Current Animation & Game Art major graduating next year. I have been working on my thesis film for about 4 months now and plan to have it complete by late April 2024!!

I am doing a hybrid film which just means that I am 3D modeling my environments and 2D animating my characters! Almost like a digital mixed media kind of thing. Cool stuff. V excited :)
@Lasaga in the same boat!!!

Current Animation & Game Art major graduating next year. I have been working on my thesis film for about 4 months now and plan to have it complete by late April 2024!!

I am doing a hybrid film which just means that I am 3D modeling my environments and 2D animating my characters! Almost like a digital mixed media kind of thing. Cool stuff. V excited :)
r3l3XZ0.pngBCRs8KX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7