Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your major?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm getting my associates of science next semester and after that I'm gonna major in atmospheric science in meteorology! There are surprisingly few universities with big meteorology programs where I'm looking but the ones that are there look good
I'm getting my associates of science next semester and after that I'm gonna major in atmospheric science in meteorology! There are surprisingly few universities with big meteorology programs where I'm looking but the ones that are there look good
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
Herpetology. I chose it because it has been a dream of mine since childhood. I love reptiles of all kinds, and as thus, I am also forced to take biology. Nothing wrong with biology of course, but I had a horrible teacher I’m high school…
Herpetology. I chose it because it has been a dream of mine since childhood. I love reptiles of all kinds, and as thus, I am also forced to take biology. Nothing wrong with biology of course, but I had a horrible teacher I’m high school…
ccG5mjK.png
agricultural major with animal science option. will be swapping to ansci with a focus in equine science & nutrition once i finish with my bachelors and go in for my masters. i have grown up in the horse industry and i always felt like making up feed programs for our horses in work or in repro was something i could never get tired of doing. id spend hours researching for fun so decided to try and get something to show for it :)
agricultural major with animal science option. will be swapping to ansci with a focus in equine science & nutrition once i finish with my bachelors and go in for my masters. i have grown up in the horse industry and i always felt like making up feed programs for our horses in work or in repro was something i could never get tired of doing. id spend hours researching for fun so decided to try and get something to show for it :)
she | 26 | fr +2
audhd + chronically ill
tired equine nutrition student
I'm a public health major on a pre-medical track. I'll also be getting a biology and chemistry minor, and I'm thinking about minoring in anthropology, too, since its new to my university. If anthro had been offered when I began, I probably would've majored in it, but oh well, nothing to do about it now.
I'm a public health major on a pre-medical track. I'll also be getting a biology and chemistry minor, and I'm thinking about minoring in anthropology, too, since its new to my university. If anthro had been offered when I began, I probably would've majored in it, but oh well, nothing to do about it now.
43249438.png43214888.png
I majored in anthropology and minored in paleontology. Originally went in as a bio major but boy do I have trouble with math and chemistry. When I realized I could still work with fossils with paleoanthro I immediately switched and actually loved what I learned during my time in college.

currently I'm not using my degree for my intended purpose, but I've been going to a few field schools and have my eye on one for the next year, too. I'll probably go into grad school for library science when all is said and done tho, who knows! It's a fun and broad field but I'm def handling less fossils than young me thought I would :')
I majored in anthropology and minored in paleontology. Originally went in as a bio major but boy do I have trouble with math and chemistry. When I realized I could still work with fossils with paleoanthro I immediately switched and actually loved what I learned during my time in college.

currently I'm not using my degree for my intended purpose, but I've been going to a few field schools and have my eye on one for the next year, too. I'll probably go into grad school for library science when all is said and done tho, who knows! It's a fun and broad field but I'm def handling less fossils than young me thought I would :')
snail _@ii | they/them | fr+0 | Skydancer enthusiast

5HdW96y.png
junior in game art here baby!!!!!! super fun but im dreading trying to find a job bro. damn ai
junior in game art here baby!!!!!! super fun but im dreading trying to find a job bro. damn ai
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
Mine was ecology, which admittedly is not a degree I am currently using and working in industry ecology was very eye-opening in a bad way :c
Mine was ecology, which admittedly is not a degree I am currently using and working in industry ecology was very eye-opening in a bad way :c
raccoon.png
I got my first degree in Psychology but it is not a degree I wanted nor can really work with past a bachelor's. I went back to school and earned a bachelor's in Fisheries & Wildlife instead and now use that as a Wildlife Biologist!

It's great to see other people in this thread embracing the natural sciences. The field is tough to thrive in but we are so so so needed.
I got my first degree in Psychology but it is not a degree I wanted nor can really work with past a bachelor's. I went back to school and earned a bachelor's in Fisheries & Wildlife instead and now use that as a Wildlife Biologist!

It's great to see other people in this thread embracing the natural sciences. The field is tough to thrive in but we are so so so needed.
sheher.pngtheythem.pngzodiac.png
punk.pngdog.pngliz.png
pokemon.pngbio.pngproc.png
@Tchiya
It's cool to find another psychologist with similar issue! I have a Psychology Bachelor degree and I'm suffering with massive burnout, so I've interrupted my Master's study program. Now I work full time from my home as a marketing consultant while studiyng linguistics and literature in process (as you can probably see, it's NOT English lol).
Psychology is fascinating, but my social skills suck so hard that I cannot imagine myself working in this specialization (diagnosed with autism this year which explained many issues). I'm grateful that I was allowed to complete my bachelor's degree for free, but it's definitely not for me.

Sorry for my poor English skill, I hope you didn't get a brain damage while reading this post.
@Tchiya
It's cool to find another psychologist with similar issue! I have a Psychology Bachelor degree and I'm suffering with massive burnout, so I've interrupted my Master's study program. Now I work full time from my home as a marketing consultant while studiyng linguistics and literature in process (as you can probably see, it's NOT English lol).
Psychology is fascinating, but my social skills suck so hard that I cannot imagine myself working in this specialization (diagnosed with autism this year which explained many issues). I'm grateful that I was allowed to complete my bachelor's degree for free, but it's definitely not for me.

Sorry for my poor English skill, I hope you didn't get a brain damage while reading this post.
I'm currently a game art major, but I'm heavily considering switching out and studying wildlife sciences. Realized in September that game art just isn't doable for me with my ongoing chronic pain, not counting the fact that the working environment in that field isn't fitting as well with me as I thought it would.

Very scary switch for me, as someone who always thought I'd be a game developer, but I feel like a change is necessary. Definitely the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make though LOL. I’m already so far into my degree that I’ll probably be tacking on an extra year if I make the switch, not to mention it would require me to transfer to a different university entirely.
I'm currently a game art major, but I'm heavily considering switching out and studying wildlife sciences. Realized in September that game art just isn't doable for me with my ongoing chronic pain, not counting the fact that the working environment in that field isn't fitting as well with me as I thought it would.

Very scary switch for me, as someone who always thought I'd be a game developer, but I feel like a change is necessary. Definitely the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make though LOL. I’m already so far into my degree that I’ll probably be tacking on an extra year if I make the switch, not to mention it would require me to transfer to a different university entirely.
wRl0bfQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6