Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 643 644 645 646 647 ... 657 658
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=317&breed=25&element=7&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=146&tertgene=296&winggene=293&wings=5&auth=53d2d0d099eec81f2cfe462b18a244c0575041c3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ...I want one (edit: also you should totally post the scries on fr discussion too!)
dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=317&breed=25&element=7&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=146&tertgene=296&winggene=293&wings=5&auth=53d2d0d099eec81f2cfe462b18a244c0575041c3&dummyext=prev.png

...I want one

(edit: also you should totally post the scries on fr discussion too!)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
oh yeah the actual reason I came to this thread was to ramble about stuff. as per usual haha. just for fun!

this whole thing is going to be so overcomplicated so I don't expect anybody to read this btw! just me hyperoveranalyzing myself :) I love rambling and that's about the only explanation for this

-

(added at the end: if anybody DOES read this and wants context, I'm aroace and genderqueer and vaguely a lesbian)

anyways it's just so interesting that since I introspect about my gender and sexuality so thoroughly, I have such a clear memory of how I've felt about things in the past so I can tell exactly what has shifted over time and what has stayed the same

one thing is my gender, there's 100% some fluidity to it! I'm still like 95% apathetic, but if I think about it there are some times when I prefer certain pronouns over others, which is very interesting because I certainly don't FEEL the change, but I know it's happening because I analyze myself so often! for example right now I'm feeling basically fully apathetic, but sometimes I feel like I prefer she/her pronouns, but other times I think I really would prefer he/him? or they/them. also sometimes I think I'd want to try binding and I think it would be super euphoric, and other times I'm apathetic or against that. so like this is definitely some very lowkey gender fluidity imo?
HOWEVER. like I said it's actually so faint I don't even realize until I think about it. like I think I've said before, if I didn't know queer people existed I really don't think I would have realized this about myself? like I would 100% know that I'm aroace even if I didn't have that word for it, because it's just such an all-encompassing part of me. but the gender thing is just like an added bonus that I'm now aware of specifically because I'm so exposed to this community that it got me thinking really hard about things haha.
but anyways that's the main reason why I hesitate to ever call myself trans, because yeah idk. not that I call myself cis either, but I don't feel like my experience is strong enough to warrant me using such a strong qualifier (in my mind). I used to think that was super rare, but then on the genderqueer (the label I've been using) wiki page, it said "Some, but not all, genderqueer people identify as transgender" and I was like ohhh wait that's an option? which should have been obvious but despite my vast knowledge about queerness (hours spent on wikis trying to figure myself out lmao, back when I was obsessed with trying to find a microlabel that really fit me so that I didn't feel so alone. which I don't anymore!) there are some things that I'm still learning to this day!

anyways I think this is actually further proof that gender is literally 100% a social construct. how many other people out there identify as cis, but if they had all of the knowledge in the world would realize their gender is actually something else? I think it's actually very fascinating

anyways and NOW onto the sexuality part. this is about the first paragraph btw, the "changing over time" part, it's just that I ended up rambling about gender for way longer than I expected lmao
SO. I'm definitely 100% aroace. there are very rare occassions when I find someone attractive, but I've determined that it's probably all aesthetic attraction. given that sexual and romantic attraction is specifically "attraction that makes people desire sexual contact or shows sexual interest in another person(s)" (and same for romantic attraction), and yeah I have ZERO interest in sex still, or being in a romantic relationship (edit: at least, not related to any of the vague aesthetic-based attraction I've felt, I mean)
...actually tbh that paragraph isn't even related to the rest of this. but I am keeping it in because who cares lmao

okay so the REAL point of this sexuality part is that sometimes I want a qpr, but I've realized how much I want that ALSO fluctuates over time! sometimes it's so strong that I'd actually lowkey want nearly a romantic relationship? like, the thought of having an actual girlfriend (btw I've recently started calling myself an aroace lesbian because men are terrifying and I am incapable of being physically comfortable around any of them lmao, so I think it's pretty cut and dry haha). whereas other times the thought of calling someone my girlfriend or partner sounds extremely uncomfortable and I can't even fathom why I would ever want that? right now as with gender I'm feeling fairly apathetic towards it, but since I've thought it over so much I KNOW that in the past I've had very strong feelings in both directions
being aromantic is honestly the only real frustrating part about being queer to me, because not wanting to have sex? perfectly great. weird gender? I don't have any dysphoria, so there's no real downsides to that either. but it's just very difficult to try to figure out what I want in life when sometimes I feel completely happy with living by myself for the rest of my life, and then other times I have such an intense yearning for some close relationship.
the upside to this is that aroace people are so much more common than I ever thought!! so the chance that there are actually people out there who are compatible with these feelings is actually so high it's guaranteed?? the number of aroace people I see on this website alone is crazy, and with everyone having such different experiences there's 10000% people out there who would want the exact same type of relationship that I do (aka like. basically close friends but closer than that depending on how comfortable we are at the time? which IS confusing but)
also even if I don't end up finding someone exactly like that, my desire for that very specific type of relationship pales in comparison to my desire for just like. having a best friend and living with them and sharing my life with them, no stronger labels needed. and I think that's actually a very common sentiment among aroace people. so yeah :D
it's crazy that despite the amount of introspection about this topic I do, I STILL have so much more to learn about myself! I actually had a liiiiittle bit of a crisis earlier this year about my desire for a relationship, which is what jumpstarted this whole introspection, but I once again feel pretty settled in my identity and know what I want in life close enough that I'm satisfied :]

anyways if anyone wants a tl;dr, I think it would be that humans are just sooo complicated and messy and it's impossible to put any of us in a box. I think a lot of (most) people do put themselves in boxes and never examine their gender and sexuality because they don't feel a need to, which if you're happy is totally fine!!
however I honestly believe that all of these are just social constructs, and like I said I really genuinely think everyone on earth has a unique perception of gender and sexuality that isn't exactly shared with anyone else, and if everyone on earth DID do as much insane introspection as I do then that would be clear. and uhhh I guess that's it?

anyways, as per usual this was so fun to put into words!! :D over 1000 words, to be exact, because something is wrong with me (adhd). even if nobody ever reads this, it was fun and cool to write anyways. and I have a clearer view of my orientations than ever before, and I think I know what I want in life (relationship-wise), and yeah :D
oh yeah the actual reason I came to this thread was to ramble about stuff. as per usual haha. just for fun!

this whole thing is going to be so overcomplicated so I don't expect anybody to read this btw! just me hyperoveranalyzing myself :) I love rambling and that's about the only explanation for this

-

(added at the end: if anybody DOES read this and wants context, I'm aroace and genderqueer and vaguely a lesbian)

anyways it's just so interesting that since I introspect about my gender and sexuality so thoroughly, I have such a clear memory of how I've felt about things in the past so I can tell exactly what has shifted over time and what has stayed the same

one thing is my gender, there's 100% some fluidity to it! I'm still like 95% apathetic, but if I think about it there are some times when I prefer certain pronouns over others, which is very interesting because I certainly don't FEEL the change, but I know it's happening because I analyze myself so often! for example right now I'm feeling basically fully apathetic, but sometimes I feel like I prefer she/her pronouns, but other times I think I really would prefer he/him? or they/them. also sometimes I think I'd want to try binding and I think it would be super euphoric, and other times I'm apathetic or against that. so like this is definitely some very lowkey gender fluidity imo?
HOWEVER. like I said it's actually so faint I don't even realize until I think about it. like I think I've said before, if I didn't know queer people existed I really don't think I would have realized this about myself? like I would 100% know that I'm aroace even if I didn't have that word for it, because it's just such an all-encompassing part of me. but the gender thing is just like an added bonus that I'm now aware of specifically because I'm so exposed to this community that it got me thinking really hard about things haha.
but anyways that's the main reason why I hesitate to ever call myself trans, because yeah idk. not that I call myself cis either, but I don't feel like my experience is strong enough to warrant me using such a strong qualifier (in my mind). I used to think that was super rare, but then on the genderqueer (the label I've been using) wiki page, it said "Some, but not all, genderqueer people identify as transgender" and I was like ohhh wait that's an option? which should have been obvious but despite my vast knowledge about queerness (hours spent on wikis trying to figure myself out lmao, back when I was obsessed with trying to find a microlabel that really fit me so that I didn't feel so alone. which I don't anymore!) there are some things that I'm still learning to this day!

anyways I think this is actually further proof that gender is literally 100% a social construct. how many other people out there identify as cis, but if they had all of the knowledge in the world would realize their gender is actually something else? I think it's actually very fascinating

anyways and NOW onto the sexuality part. this is about the first paragraph btw, the "changing over time" part, it's just that I ended up rambling about gender for way longer than I expected lmao
SO. I'm definitely 100% aroace. there are very rare occassions when I find someone attractive, but I've determined that it's probably all aesthetic attraction. given that sexual and romantic attraction is specifically "attraction that makes people desire sexual contact or shows sexual interest in another person(s)" (and same for romantic attraction), and yeah I have ZERO interest in sex still, or being in a romantic relationship (edit: at least, not related to any of the vague aesthetic-based attraction I've felt, I mean)
...actually tbh that paragraph isn't even related to the rest of this. but I am keeping it in because who cares lmao

okay so the REAL point of this sexuality part is that sometimes I want a qpr, but I've realized how much I want that ALSO fluctuates over time! sometimes it's so strong that I'd actually lowkey want nearly a romantic relationship? like, the thought of having an actual girlfriend (btw I've recently started calling myself an aroace lesbian because men are terrifying and I am incapable of being physically comfortable around any of them lmao, so I think it's pretty cut and dry haha). whereas other times the thought of calling someone my girlfriend or partner sounds extremely uncomfortable and I can't even fathom why I would ever want that? right now as with gender I'm feeling fairly apathetic towards it, but since I've thought it over so much I KNOW that in the past I've had very strong feelings in both directions
being aromantic is honestly the only real frustrating part about being queer to me, because not wanting to have sex? perfectly great. weird gender? I don't have any dysphoria, so there's no real downsides to that either. but it's just very difficult to try to figure out what I want in life when sometimes I feel completely happy with living by myself for the rest of my life, and then other times I have such an intense yearning for some close relationship.
the upside to this is that aroace people are so much more common than I ever thought!! so the chance that there are actually people out there who are compatible with these feelings is actually so high it's guaranteed?? the number of aroace people I see on this website alone is crazy, and with everyone having such different experiences there's 10000% people out there who would want the exact same type of relationship that I do (aka like. basically close friends but closer than that depending on how comfortable we are at the time? which IS confusing but)
also even if I don't end up finding someone exactly like that, my desire for that very specific type of relationship pales in comparison to my desire for just like. having a best friend and living with them and sharing my life with them, no stronger labels needed. and I think that's actually a very common sentiment among aroace people. so yeah :D
it's crazy that despite the amount of introspection about this topic I do, I STILL have so much more to learn about myself! I actually had a liiiiittle bit of a crisis earlier this year about my desire for a relationship, which is what jumpstarted this whole introspection, but I once again feel pretty settled in my identity and know what I want in life close enough that I'm satisfied :]

anyways if anyone wants a tl;dr, I think it would be that humans are just sooo complicated and messy and it's impossible to put any of us in a box. I think a lot of (most) people do put themselves in boxes and never examine their gender and sexuality because they don't feel a need to, which if you're happy is totally fine!!
however I honestly believe that all of these are just social constructs, and like I said I really genuinely think everyone on earth has a unique perception of gender and sexuality that isn't exactly shared with anyone else, and if everyone on earth DID do as much insane introspection as I do then that would be clear. and uhhh I guess that's it?

anyways, as per usual this was so fun to put into words!! :D over 1000 words, to be exact, because something is wrong with me (adhd). even if nobody ever reads this, it was fun and cool to write anyways. and I have a clearer view of my orientations than ever before, and I think I know what I want in life (relationship-wise), and yeah :D
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Okay well I am officially coming out as a lesbian- I guess?

I just can never seem to get past crushes that are just me being curious of the person? It’s complicated. I can’t even articulate it well.

Do NOT even get me started on my gender identity because thats a whole ‘nother can of worms. Which is also hard to articulate..
Okay well I am officially coming out as a lesbian- I guess?

I just can never seem to get past crushes that are just me being curious of the person? It’s complicated. I can’t even articulate it well.

Do NOT even get me started on my gender identity because thats a whole ‘nother can of worms. Which is also hard to articulate..
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png 88123317.png
happy Lesbian Visibility Week fellas <3 time to be Perceived
happy Lesbian Visibility Week fellas <3 time to be Perceived
NSZvCod.png
y0rbHJY.png
bYt72YT.png
AQPJNOh.png
D9xaprH.png
ZCtHkwl.png
NAh145F.png LuMKHMO.pngG8Qs5W9.gif8XSywhD.gifH0bF1BC.gifnxaQasR.png
4cdc2a9735636bd168eb917575eef8170b393f80.png
wahoo happy lesbian week! i love you all lesbians
wahoo happy lesbian week! i love you all lesbians
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sailor
she/he - adult
will liquidate vault for shale/shadow/antique g1
o milkchai-cacat.png
mlm and wlw solidarity
mlm and wlw solidarity
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
[quote name="TransDisaster" date="2024-04-22 20:20:23" ] mlm and wlw solidarity [/quote] one of the best duos you could find
TransDisaster wrote on 2024-04-22 20:20:23:
mlm and wlw solidarity

one of the best duos you could find
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png 88123317.png
it's lesbian visibility week that means we get super vision :)
it's lesbian visibility week that means we get super vision :)
3HIlJEu.gif
disabled,
declining condition;
frequent hiatus.
gCl8CWV.png
bit late but happy lesbian visibility week!!
bit late but happy lesbian visibility week!!
MRiyJ.gif FTN2E.gif pkx4F.gif 1Q7YE.gif
rCZem.gif
Ysp75.gif RBTpa.gif mSQXG.gif
@chromathicc
gender is confusing. not having gender (or not caring about gender or not wanting to bother with gender) is even more confusing.

in all seriousness, I can kind-of relate even though I do have some flavor of gender. everyone being a Person first and foremost is kinda the dream. who cares about those silly boxes people are put into, the pronouns are the only really important part to this whole gender thing.
@chromathicc
gender is confusing. not having gender (or not caring about gender or not wanting to bother with gender) is even more confusing.

in all seriousness, I can kind-of relate even though I do have some flavor of gender. everyone being a Person first and foremost is kinda the dream. who cares about those silly boxes people are put into, the pronouns are the only really important part to this whole gender thing.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
1 2 ... 643 644 645 646 647 ... 657 658