Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | WHAT are your JOBS??
I'm a College Student but my ideal job would be that of a groomer. I know it won't pay the bills but I love animals. My degree is completely unrelated to the job too.
I'm a College Student but my ideal job would be that of a groomer. I know it won't pay the bills but I love animals. My degree is completely unrelated to the job too.
kZjIfse.gif
I work as a Quality Assurance Analyst on Diablo IV :) Specifically I work in Performance and monitor the game's stability against different hardware specs. I'm the dedicated Sony tester, so much of my testing is focused on the PS4 and PS5. I love this job as it's in an industry I love and I get to really get into the technical parts of game development!
I work as a Quality Assurance Analyst on Diablo IV :) Specifically I work in Performance and monitor the game's stability against different hardware specs. I'm the dedicated Sony tester, so much of my testing is focused on the PS4 and PS5. I love this job as it's in an industry I love and I get to really get into the technical parts of game development!
FR+2
they/she/he
passion project
wishlist
just work at a thrift store right now. I'm fully capable and wanting to go to some postsecondary at some point but there are just SO many choices and I'm incapable of choosing...
just work at a thrift store right now. I'm fully capable and wanting to go to some postsecondary at some point but there are just SO many choices and I'm incapable of choosing...
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
...does freelance artist count? I mean, I don't get paid ehh
Currently studying computer design, so I'm hoping to find work in that vein
My search will probably last a decade, not mainly because of my poor "soft skills" but moreso attitude.. ^^" Long story short, I'm a big procrastinator >.>
...does freelance artist count? I mean, I don't get paid ehh
Currently studying computer design, so I'm hoping to find work in that vein
My search will probably last a decade, not mainly because of my poor "soft skills" but moreso attitude.. ^^" Long story short, I'm a big procrastinator >.>
.TASTE_ THE_COLOURS.
I work at a bookstore! but I am also pursuing a career in art :)
I work at a bookstore! but I am also pursuing a career in art :)
deathseeker_caw_zps8ow1makd.gif
Trans Rights!
sEBxtxA.png
Spacer Spacer Spacer eq6zQ9M.png
IrmwTXC.png
12ilQ62.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
gPwtjqg.png
[quote name="Plutonarka" date="2023-04-14 02:36:07" ] I'm a College Student but my ideal job would be that of a groomer. I know it won't pay the bills but I love animals. My degree is completely unrelated to the job too. [/quote] A close friend of mine was recently hired at a rather high-end groomer here in our city; he makes really good money and really enjoys his job, despite being absolutely exhausted after his shifts. His location is in a spot that sees pretty wealthy clients and occasionally does work for celebrities' pets as well. He had zero experience before being hired, but they trained him and provided his starting set of groomers tools. Best of luck to you <3
Plutonarka wrote on 2023-04-14 02:36:07:

A close friend of mine was recently hired at a rather high-end groomer here in our city; he makes really good money and really enjoys his job, despite being absolutely exhausted after his shifts. His location is in a spot that sees pretty wealthy clients and occasionally does work for celebrities' pets as well. He had zero experience before being hired, but they trained him and provided his starting set of groomers tools.

Best of luck to you <3
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
Nothin'. Just working part time at a fast food restaurant. Dropped out of college but thinking about going back, I dunno.

I've worked retail for about 5 years. I do like drawing, designing, and coding though. But those are subjects that work best as hobbies for me. At least, for right now. I used to do art commissions.
Nothin'. Just working part time at a fast food restaurant. Dropped out of college but thinking about going back, I dunno.

I've worked retail for about 5 years. I do like drawing, designing, and coding though. But those are subjects that work best as hobbies for me. At least, for right now. I used to do art commissions.
34819.png
- death unto dawn -
I worked on a production line and then in McDonalds, currently i'm a #cashier but I'm quitting at the end of the month sooo.. guess I'm unemployed! I'm also an artist and I occassionaly do commissions, but it's mostly a hobby at the moment.
I worked on a production line and then in McDonalds, currently i'm a #cashier but I'm quitting at the end of the month sooo.. guess I'm unemployed! I'm also an artist and I occassionaly do commissions, but it's mostly a hobby at the moment.
bulbasaur.gifivysaur.gifvenusaur-f.gif

knives || it/he || art shop
i'm a barista, it's not what i want to do forever but i like chatting with customers and it pays the bills. i'm hoping to move into support work soon!
i'm a barista, it's not what i want to do forever but i like chatting with customers and it pays the bills. i'm hoping to move into support work soon!
I work at a printing house! We print flyers, booklets, books, name cards, and more! My main area is communicating with customers, which can be individuals and companies as well. I answer their questions, help to find solutions, give price quotes, and such. The job itself is okay, pays well (not too well, but I don't have financial problems) and I can do it full home office so it's a big win for me, especially because it usually doesn't takes all of my energy. I still have some left for my hobbies and such. :) My boss is one of the bests too, he never forgets we are human. I can appreciate it well because I worked at other places and in many cases the employer thinks the workers are robots...

For a long time I dreamed of becoming a freelance visual artist, but now, after some years of trying (and a pandemic) I'm honestly happy it didn't work out. I need a stable income to feel safe and I like to create when I actually want to. You see, I don't believe in this "hobby as work" mentality. I did, a few years ago, but not today, not anymore. A hobby allows you to do it whenever you feel like it, you don't "have to" do it. That's the difference. Work doesn't care if you want to do it or not, because you have to pay rent/bills/food/etc. I saw many creatives burn out when they worked as freelancers (or any other jobs where their hobby becomes work), and it's heartbreaking :(
I work at a printing house! We print flyers, booklets, books, name cards, and more! My main area is communicating with customers, which can be individuals and companies as well. I answer their questions, help to find solutions, give price quotes, and such. The job itself is okay, pays well (not too well, but I don't have financial problems) and I can do it full home office so it's a big win for me, especially because it usually doesn't takes all of my energy. I still have some left for my hobbies and such. :) My boss is one of the bests too, he never forgets we are human. I can appreciate it well because I worked at other places and in many cases the employer thinks the workers are robots...

For a long time I dreamed of becoming a freelance visual artist, but now, after some years of trying (and a pandemic) I'm honestly happy it didn't work out. I need a stable income to feel safe and I like to create when I actually want to. You see, I don't believe in this "hobby as work" mentality. I did, a few years ago, but not today, not anymore. A hobby allows you to do it whenever you feel like it, you don't "have to" do it. That's the difference. Work doesn't care if you want to do it or not, because you have to pay rent/bills/food/etc. I saw many creatives burn out when they worked as freelancers (or any other jobs where their hobby becomes work), and it's heartbreaking :(
Your Friendly Neighbor
he / him | artist | +9h to FR time

> Elemental Dragons
> Travel Log
> Free Adoptable Bases
Ayz7edx.png