Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which genes give you discomfort?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I really don’t like soap, but I’m not sure why.

It makes the dragons look too smooth I guess?
I really don’t like soap, but I’m not sure why.

It makes the dragons look too smooth I guess?
gfCdYdH.gif
- They/them
- FR +3
- skin shop
hypnotic makes my head hurt really bad </3 it can look nice but its not a gene i go to also for some reason rosette gives me an icky feeling but not jaguar? i can handle stitched/patchwork for the most part but i get anxious when i notice the little stitching in the patches [emoji=skull size=1] petrified is also a no for me. its just. mmmmmmm
hypnotic makes my head hurt really bad </3 it can look nice but its not a gene i go to
also for some reason rosette gives me an icky feeling but not jaguar?

i can handle stitched/patchwork for the most part but i get anxious when i notice the little stitching in the patches

petrified is also a no for me. its just. mmmmmmm
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
No genes really give me the ick, but there are some I avoid that are just not for me.

Space & Scuttle are the two biggest ones I avoid. I am glad others enjoy them, but ehhhh they are just not for me at all.

Also agreeing with above about Petrified - love the concept behind it, and I like Lode, but Petrified just looks…. Weird? Especially on the face/head.
No genes really give me the ick, but there are some I avoid that are just not for me.

Space & Scuttle are the two biggest ones I avoid. I am glad others enjoy them, but ehhhh they are just not for me at all.

Also agreeing with above about Petrified - love the concept behind it, and I like Lode, but Petrified just looks…. Weird? Especially on the face/head.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
Hypnotic is the only gene where I just can't look at it without feeling uncomfortable.
Hypnotic is the only gene where I just can't look at it without feeling uncomfortable.
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
I don't really have discomfort genes, even if there are still genes that I may not really be a fan of.
I don't really have discomfort genes, even if there are still genes that I may not really be a fan of.
pSn2GKM.png
There aren't really any genes that give me discomfort or squick me out. The only exception is Iridescent or Shimmer with the updated colors (not the OG ones), and especially one Pearlcatchers. It hurts my eyes, and I can't look at them. When I have a migraine, it's literally painful. Other breeds aren't quite so bad, but they have to have a high-coverage tert or skin to mitigate it.
There aren't really any genes that give me discomfort or squick me out. The only exception is Iridescent or Shimmer with the updated colors (not the OG ones), and especially one Pearlcatchers. It hurts my eyes, and I can't look at them. When I have a migraine, it's literally painful. Other breeds aren't quite so bad, but they have to have a high-coverage tert or skin to mitigate it.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
Radioactive Jag/Rose and Radioactive Chrys/Mala. They both just hurt my eyes to look at as a whole. It was a little tough being active in the dragon share forums for a good while after Jag/Ros came out, since that was a popular colour in it (so it was EVERYWHERE) and I can't look at it for long at all :')

Hypnotic in many colours also bugs my eyes.

And Capsule on Snappers makes me a bit uncomfortable lol
Radioactive Jag/Rose and Radioactive Chrys/Mala. They both just hurt my eyes to look at as a whole. It was a little tough being active in the dragon share forums for a good while after Jag/Ros came out, since that was a popular colour in it (so it was EVERYWHERE) and I can't look at it for long at all :')

Hypnotic in many colours also bugs my eyes.

And Capsule on Snappers makes me a bit uncomfortable lol
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
the only thing that give me discomfort is stitched/patched, button eyes, and baby obelisks, so.... very easy to make a dragon i would stuff in a trash can if you put it in my hands
the only thing that give me discomfort is stitched/patched, button eyes, and baby obelisks, so.... very easy to make a dragon i would stuff in a trash can if you put it in my hands
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
None of them, actually, they're all far too cartoonish and tame to have an effect on me. I think I like or love every single gene apart from Wolf/Pack and Candycane/Sugarplum as they're both very very bland and that doesn't work for my dragons.
None of them, actually, they're all far too cartoonish and tame to have an effect on me. I think I like or love every single gene apart from Wolf/Pack and Candycane/Sugarplum as they're both very very bland and that doesn't work for my dragons.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Omg, I LOVE Carnivore on Aethers and Dusthides for that reason alone; They're too dang friendly looking and I LIKE SCARY MONSTERS! >:D (I admit it, I love it more in a shade of red; I considered it for Zero-Ultima, but ultimately went Augment because she's an alternate sona dragon for my villain sona; I'll find another dragon for this one)

It's actually on Abs where it bugs me; It doesn't really add to the spook factor unless it's got the red Plague eyes (I don't like the primal much myself but can tolerate it enough to look at the dragon for a forum game and move on; Same can be said for Shadow Primal).

While I don't really have discomfort genes or anything that could potentially trigger anything (like trypophobia), I do have genes that I just don't like because they're too plain or just not my thing.

Like, I honestly just can't STAND Polka Dot. I just can't stand how repetitive it is and the coverage is enough to hurt my eyes; I do get migranes and headaches sometimes (though honestly I think it's because I need more water; I know, I'm very bad about that), but all in all, I just don't like the appearance of it. Same with Jaguar/Rosette, but like...If I need to cover it with clothes (looking at you, Darklord), then I can do that until I find a more fitting (cheaper) gene. I mean, yeah, I could just remove primary and leave it, but if it's got coverage, it's all good.

Points is another one I've yet to really think "okay I need this". I wasn't around for the Big Hype when it was first coming into fruitition so I missed all of this and didn't see why people were saying things like "it's FINALLY here!!" and "we've been asking for years!". Pretty sure I'll be at my 3rd or 4th anniversary pretty soon, tbh. Same can be said for Underbelly; I mean, they're simple enough, but not exactly for me (right now).

But luckily for my specific lair (which is an OC and AU lair), the dragons aren't as prioritized as their hosted characters in general, ahaha. They just need to be worth their hosted characters as much as possible.
Omg, I LOVE Carnivore on Aethers and Dusthides for that reason alone; They're too dang friendly looking and I LIKE SCARY MONSTERS! >:D (I admit it, I love it more in a shade of red; I considered it for Zero-Ultima, but ultimately went Augment because she's an alternate sona dragon for my villain sona; I'll find another dragon for this one)

It's actually on Abs where it bugs me; It doesn't really add to the spook factor unless it's got the red Plague eyes (I don't like the primal much myself but can tolerate it enough to look at the dragon for a forum game and move on; Same can be said for Shadow Primal).

While I don't really have discomfort genes or anything that could potentially trigger anything (like trypophobia), I do have genes that I just don't like because they're too plain or just not my thing.

Like, I honestly just can't STAND Polka Dot. I just can't stand how repetitive it is and the coverage is enough to hurt my eyes; I do get migranes and headaches sometimes (though honestly I think it's because I need more water; I know, I'm very bad about that), but all in all, I just don't like the appearance of it. Same with Jaguar/Rosette, but like...If I need to cover it with clothes (looking at you, Darklord), then I can do that until I find a more fitting (cheaper) gene. I mean, yeah, I could just remove primary and leave it, but if it's got coverage, it's all good.

Points is another one I've yet to really think "okay I need this". I wasn't around for the Big Hype when it was first coming into fruitition so I missed all of this and didn't see why people were saying things like "it's FINALLY here!!" and "we've been asking for years!". Pretty sure I'll be at my 3rd or 4th anniversary pretty soon, tbh. Same can be said for Underbelly; I mean, they're simple enough, but not exactly for me (right now).

But luckily for my specific lair (which is an OC and AU lair), the dragons aren't as prioritized as their hosted characters in general, ahaha. They just need to be worth their hosted characters as much as possible.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7