Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which genes give you discomfort?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Aethers' Space gives me gross vibes; like when I first saw it, it made me feel like it was something inappropriate for some reason. It's not a major discomfort anymore, but I do actively avoid it, especially on adult poses. Scuttle gives me a little squick as well, for creepy-crawly vibes. I dislike some other things and find them gross, like I dislike Plague Primal, but it doesn't actually give me the squick. Space/Scuttle seem to be the only ones that make me a little squirmy/avoidant.
Aethers' Space gives me gross vibes; like when I first saw it, it made me feel like it was something inappropriate for some reason. It's not a major discomfort anymore, but I do actively avoid it, especially on adult poses. Scuttle gives me a little squick as well, for creepy-crawly vibes. I dislike some other things and find them gross, like I dislike Plague Primal, but it doesn't actually give me the squick. Space/Scuttle seem to be the only ones that make me a little squirmy/avoidant.
__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Hatchery
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
Laced. I really do not like Laced. I also do not like Slime, Sludge, Capsule, or Keel. They just give me bad vibes when I see them.
Laced. I really do not like Laced. I also do not like Slime, Sludge, Capsule, or Keel. They just give me bad vibes when I see them.
She/Hernydra_by_featherblot-d9s5sch.pngFR +3
I have trypophobia and I feel genuinely nauseous when I look at polkadot.
I have trypophobia and I feel genuinely nauseous when I look at polkadot.
Call me Soli!
She/her
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
Minor
1rAc41Y.gif Art Shop
Clan Directory
68031594.png
wqnTQE2.png Tm63Ief.pngezgif-4-4eb770cf62.gif
The only thing I really don't like looking at is Earth Primal eyes. I know what they were going for with the gems around the socket but... It does not look nice to me.
The only thing I really don't like looking at is Earth Primal eyes. I know what they were going for with the gems around the socket but... It does not look nice to me.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Capsule. That's it. There are other genes I think are usually ugly, but it's the only one that squicks me out
Capsule. That's it. There are other genes I think are usually ugly, but it's the only one that squicks me out
I think just keel, and for some reason leopard & clouded, and rosette but I like jaguar
I think just keel, and for some reason leopard & clouded, and rosette but I like jaguar
I'm Elda on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | I'm eldafr on tumblr93sr.png
Innocent eyes make me uncomfortable on most (maybe all?) breeds/poses. Keel makes me uncomfortable on some dragons, the way it looks like their scales are sticking out at the wrong angle...it looks like it hurts [emoji=sandsurge sad size=1] Plague, shadow, earth, and nature primal eyes are creepy but in a way that can be cool, potentially. Polypore, spores, and trickmurk (looks like mold) are similar because fungi are scary [emoji=sandsurge scared size=1] ...wait I forgot! I like the gene peacock on some breeds and in most colors, but on some poses it freaks me out. I think tundra M is the worst, especially if the peacock spots have bold/dark outlines? It feels like a bad omen, like the moment that the dread sets in in a nightmare...I think it's something about the proportions and spacing of the circles. I also forgot about gnarlhorns and jewels despite the latter being mentioned in the original post. Jewels = creepy-on-purpose = cool. Gnarlhorns = looks like it hurts = no thank you. I'll also second that I love capsule but NOT the official explanation because that sounds gross/painful. They are magic dragons with potion inside...good enough for me!
Innocent eyes make me uncomfortable on most (maybe all?) breeds/poses. Keel makes me uncomfortable on some dragons, the way it looks like their scales are sticking out at the wrong angle...it looks like it hurts

Plague, shadow, earth, and nature primal eyes are creepy but in a way that can be cool, potentially. Polypore, spores, and trickmurk (looks like mold) are similar because fungi are scary

...wait I forgot! I like the gene peacock on some breeds and in most colors, but on some poses it freaks me out. I think tundra M is the worst, especially if the peacock spots have bold/dark outlines? It feels like a bad omen, like the moment that the dread sets in in a nightmare...I think it's something about the proportions and spacing of the circles.

I also forgot about gnarlhorns and jewels despite the latter being mentioned in the original post. Jewels = creepy-on-purpose = cool. Gnarlhorns = looks like it hurts = no thank you.

I'll also second that I love capsule but NOT the official explanation because that sounds gross/painful. They are magic dragons with potion inside...good enough for me!
they/them
Only very specific colors on certain genes that are harsh on my eyes. Like Radioactive Ribbon/Eel and Radioactive Jaguar/Rosette. I love how super bright they are, but the contrasting colors are arranged in ways that makes me see double. I can handle them much easier if they are partially covered by a tert like Stained, Soap or Crackle.

As far as feeling the "ick factor"? Nada. I like gross things like zombies and creepy crawlies though, lol.
Only very specific colors on certain genes that are harsh on my eyes. Like Radioactive Ribbon/Eel and Radioactive Jaguar/Rosette. I love how super bright they are, but the contrasting colors are arranged in ways that makes me see double. I can handle them much easier if they are partially covered by a tert like Stained, Soap or Crackle.

As far as feeling the "ick factor"? Nada. I like gross things like zombies and creepy crawlies though, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
There are a few I don't like the design of, but none that actively squick me or cause me enough discomfort that it would negatively impact my enjoyment of FR.
There are a few I don't like the design of, but none that actively squick me or cause me enough discomfort that it would negatively impact my enjoyment of FR.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Soap the art style doesn’t match, the accent colors throw me off most of the time and it just looks so gross and sticky
Soap the art style doesn’t match, the accent colors throw me off most of the time and it just looks so gross and sticky
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7