Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | POV of why some users are not happy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
Personally this update is bittersweet to me As much as I love how many of my projects will be reasonably reachable now it still stings that some of my old projects "lost their value" And when I say value I don't mean it in a monetary sense (like how many gems or treasure they are worth if I were to sell them). It's all about the playstyle in which I engage flight rising There are many ways to play the game but as a veteran player there are only two that interest me now: The [b]Cosmetic[/b] way and the [b]Challenge[/b] By cosmetic I mean breading my dream dragon, figuring out the perfect outfit and matching familiars. Drawing art of them and etc. This is my side that is [u]happy[/u] with this update! Very much actually!! As I said there were ton of projects that now are suddenly possible! But there is also the side that is devastated and it's disheartening so many people are calling the people sad over it greedy and selfish when it all comes down to play styles. So I just want to give an insight on this side as someone who engages in both of them The "Challenge" way to play is often engaged by the users who are already far enough into the game that most common activities become boring. It's the same rewarding fun that nuzlocke rules gives. You start to want things not because you have use for them but because it becomes a goal. And there are many parts of the site that encourage this: Filling the bestiary; going after kickstarter items; trying to hatch XXX G1 and before the update getting a special eyed dragon was included in this. The rareness and unforgiveness of rng is what gave the chase purpose. This play style is all about how much effort you put into getting something and it being immediately known to other users the time you put into it. It's why genning G1s from scratch become so popular when you can get visually the same dragon by breeding! And with this update the "pride" side of special eyed dragons lost value because it can be done in a easier way. It's not immediately known if that person put thousands of hours in getting scattersights, many eggs, or months of breeding the same pair to get that specific eye. And that's why some people are sad. [size=5][b]And that valid!!![/b][/size] [size=5]That's their playstyle!!![/size] At the end I don't want staff to cancel the update or anything like that I just want to show the other side of things It got me mad seeing a lot of people comment "everyone unhappy is just greedy and heartless" and I'm petty enough to write one essay on why they are wrong lol --------------------------------------------------------- I'm quoting this because I feel the whole point of this thread got lost in the discussion: [quote name="Deramadus" date="2021-05-03 13:59:50" ] The problem for me is that people have more often than not been debating whether people should have the right to feel disappointed or sad over this update, which is truly confusing me. People have the right to feel feelings guys. Sure, to you perhaps it makes little sense why one would be feeling sad over this update, but it still doesn't change the fact that this has affected them in some way. Just because you don't feel the same way does not mean that their feelings are fake or invalid. Regardless of whether or not there are ways to still get Primals like before, it doesn't change the fact that things have change and this has affected people, sometimes negatively and sometimes positively. It absolutely baffles me that people are practically telling others to suck it up just because this is a complete positive to them. Different perspectives will lead to different feelings, so please have some empathy. Please. Because so far I've seen users being almost demonized just for feeling sad or disappointed that the dragons they perceive as rare are no longer as rare, because apparently users cannot collect rare dragons as their playstyle. [/quote]
Personally this update is bittersweet to me

As much as I love how many of my projects will be reasonably reachable now it still stings that some of my old projects "lost their value"

And when I say value I don't mean it in a monetary sense (like how many gems or treasure they are worth if I were to sell them). It's all about the playstyle in which I engage flight rising

There are many ways to play the game but as a veteran player there are only two that interest me now: The Cosmetic way and the Challenge

By cosmetic I mean breading my dream dragon, figuring out the perfect outfit and matching familiars. Drawing art of them and etc. This is my side that is happy with this update! Very much actually!! As I said there were ton of projects that now are suddenly possible!

But there is also the side that is devastated and it's disheartening so many people are calling the people sad over it greedy and selfish when it all comes down to play styles. So I just want to give an insight on this side as someone who engages in both of them

The "Challenge" way to play is often engaged by the users who are already far enough into the game that most common activities become boring. It's the same rewarding fun that nuzlocke rules gives. You start to want things not because you have use for them but because it becomes a goal.

And there are many parts of the site that encourage this: Filling the bestiary; going after kickstarter items; trying to hatch XXX G1 and before the update getting a special eyed dragon was included in this. The rareness and unforgiveness of rng is what gave the chase purpose.

This play style is all about how much effort you put into getting something and it being immediately known to other users the time you put into it. It's why genning G1s from scratch become so popular when you can get visually the same dragon by breeding!

And with this update the "pride" side of special eyed dragons lost value because it can be done in a easier way. It's not immediately known if that person put thousands of hours in getting scattersights, many eggs, or months of breeding the same pair to get that specific eye. And that's why some people are sad.

And that valid!!!
That's their playstyle!!!

At the end I don't want staff to cancel the update or anything like that
I just want to show the other side of things

It got me mad seeing a lot of people comment "everyone unhappy is just greedy and heartless" and I'm petty enough to write one essay on why they are wrong lol

I'm quoting this because I feel the whole point of this thread got lost in the discussion:
Deramadus wrote on 2021-05-03 13:59:50:
The problem for me is that people have more often than not been debating whether people should have the right to feel disappointed or sad over this update, which is truly confusing me. People have the right to feel feelings guys. Sure, to you perhaps it makes little sense why one would be feeling sad over this update, but it still doesn't change the fact that this has affected them in some way. Just because you don't feel the same way does not mean that their feelings are fake or invalid. Regardless of whether or not there are ways to still get Primals like before, it doesn't change the fact that things have change and this has affected people, sometimes negatively and sometimes positively. It absolutely baffles me that people are practically telling others to suck it up just because this is a complete positive to them. Different perspectives will lead to different feelings, so please have some empathy. Please.

Because so far I've seen users being almost demonized just for feeling sad or disappointed that the dragons they perceive as rare are no longer as rare, because apparently users cannot collect rare dragons as their playstyle.
lant.gif lant.gif
Also English is not my first language so I'm sorry if anything is hard to understand or if there's any mistakes
Also English is not my first language so I'm sorry if anything is hard to understand or if there's any mistakes
lant.gif lant.gif
less rng to pray to

win
less rng to pray to

win
97vOhSz.png
Agree with this a lot!
Agree with this a lot!
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
The thing that gets me is... if people still want to be challenged, they can be.

If the challenge was hatching a primal dragon with specific colors, there is no reason a player cannot still try to do that.

If the challenge is scattering a dragons eyes to primal... they can still do that (for cheaper!!)

The only thing that has changed is that those players that did not want to be challenged can now have dragons with 'rare and valuable' eye types.
The thing that gets me is... if people still want to be challenged, they can be.

If the challenge was hatching a primal dragon with specific colors, there is no reason a player cannot still try to do that.

If the challenge is scattering a dragons eyes to primal... they can still do that (for cheaper!!)

The only thing that has changed is that those players that did not want to be challenged can now have dragons with 'rare and valuable' eye types.
ZQGfAQY.png
You can still do rng-based eye challenges. Take a screenshot of the Primal when you hatch it, put it in that dragon's bio, and boom - proof of a naturally-hatched Primal. The journey you go on to hatch a Primal is just as important and valid as the aesthetics of a Primal-eyed dragon.
You can still do rng-based eye challenges. Take a screenshot of the Primal when you hatch it, put it in that dragon's bio, and boom - proof of a naturally-hatched Primal. The journey you go on to hatch a Primal is just as important and valid as the aesthetics of a Primal-eyed dragon.
!! signature under construction !!
[center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/dfdfd71114879256ce6e9b48b22707ca/dfe5d8540ec1ce9e-d9/s500x750/a5e710e74221c061c5acb76139a94fa07bdd0595.png[/img][/center]
a5e710e74221c061c5acb76139a94fa07bdd0595.png
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-05-03 12:31:38" ] The thing that gets me is... if people still want to be challenged, they can be. If the challenge was hatching a primal dragon with specific colors, there is no reason a player cannot still try to do that. If the challenge is scattering a dragons eyes to primal... they can still do that (for cheaper!!) The only thing that has changed is that those players that did not want to be challenged can now have dragons with 'rare and valuable' eye types. [/quote] @Jessyta I'll quote a part of what a wrote [i]And with this update the "pride" side of special eyed dragons lost value because it can be done in a easier way. It's not immediately known if that person put thousands of hours in getting scattersights, many eggs, or months of breeding the same pair to get that specific eye. And that's why some people are sad. [/i] Recognition for the effort put is a huuuge part of what makes the challenge fun. That's the part that the update affected. There's no way to differentiated between those that got the eye in one way or another
Jessyta wrote on 2021-05-03 12:31:38:

@Jessyta

I'll quote a part of what a wrote

And with this update the "pride" side of special eyed dragons lost value because it can be done in a easier way. It's not immediately known if that person put thousands of hours in getting scattersights, many eggs, or months of breeding the same pair to get that specific eye. And that's why some people are sad.

Recognition for the effort put is a huuuge part of what makes the challenge fun. That's the part that the update affected. There's no way to differentiated between those that got the eye in one way or another
lant.gif lant.gif
Scatterscrolls are a thing. Some people scatter a G1 dragon a hundred times before they're happy, generally keeping a log with the results. Someone else could get the same colors hatching an egg. I think this is the same thing. The journey remains. Use the bio of the dragon to tell their story.

I understand the feeling of loss, I do, but the work is not gone.
Scatterscrolls are a thing. Some people scatter a G1 dragon a hundred times before they're happy, generally keeping a log with the results. Someone else could get the same colors hatching an egg. I think this is the same thing. The journey remains. Use the bio of the dragon to tell their story.

I understand the feeling of loss, I do, but the work is not gone.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
[quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2021-05-03 12:33:09" ] You can still do rng-based eye challenges. Take a screenshot of the Primal when you hatch it, put it in that dragon's bio, and boom - proof of a naturally-hatched Primal. The journey you go on to hatch a Primal is just as important and valid as the aesthetics of a Primal-eyed dragon. [/quote] @lonelyspaceegg That's actually a good idea!! I do that with G1s I hatch already Hopefully this will be the practice for those unsatisfied right now
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2021-05-03 12:33:09:

@lonelyspaceegg
That's actually a good idea!! I do that with G1s I hatch already
Hopefully this will be the practice for those unsatisfied right now
lant.gif lant.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33