Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Mafia Game Thread] Lollipop, Lollipop!
1 2 ... 276 277 278 279 280 ... 286 287
EoTN 7
~~~~~
And lo, night fell on the climactic conclusion of the story. The baker whistled up the spiral staircase as that mess of a woman was about to grab the last BunBun, and she turned around just in time to see a whole mess of colors rising up to her, and within seconds she, along with a good portion of the roof, was gone. The last BunBun and it’s king looked down at the Baker, who was now standing in the rain. He called up to them, asking if they were okay, stating that she had gone mad and probably set all of this up. He was about to be thanked when a roar rolled out, the building falling sideways as the dragon came back, grabbing the baker and taking him out into the street. It roared once again, dropping the baker into it’s maw and turning towards the remaining villagers, huddled under an awning unable to get into a locked building.

The dragon frowned, rearing up and screaming in pain. The baker detonated his explosive payload within the creature’s belly, burning it’s insides and killing it from within. Of course, this also cost him his life, but it’s result was clear: the village was saved...Sort of.
~~~~~
@Vipera + @Wintrymix (WIP hydra) has been killed!
Their role name was Salty Sally. Their alignment was Town.

@DuskyFlareon has been killed!
Their role name was Toothless. Their alignment was Neutral.

@SmashedFish has been killed!
Their role name was Lollipop, Lollipop!. Their alignment was Mafia.
~~~~~

EVENT
~~~~~
This story is getting boring. Can the BunBuns shoot lasers out of their eyes? SURE! Any remaining BunBuns can now use LASER EYES! If they’re all dead, one is summoned.
~~~~~
It is now the start of Day 8. Don't forget to vote!
~~~~~

@Tsaiah
@Vipera + @Wintrymix (WIP hydra)
@DuskyFlareon
@amapup
@ThisOneIsBlue
@Mithent
@Gwendolyn
@Cacogen
@Stanari
@SmashedFish
@SpectralDragon
@Firo + @Varikset (Yatagarasu hydra)
@YaBoiGuzma
@raiccoon + @caleaf (Caccoon hydra)
@8uny
@TheNightDancer
@Winterreise
@MagykalWagykal
@StormDreamer + @LibreNoctre
@LordAlois
@Kirkfan2255
@Beheaded
@StormDreamer
@LibreNoctre
@narumitsu
@Mue
@Limelight
@AureaImperatrix
@Bequerel
@SilverWinter + @Nerasis (Mercury)
@Tantayo
@nsts + @luxmold (BoP hydra)

~~~~~

ERROR:
No mafia members left alive. Game Over.

Note: Feedback PMs not sent out due to end of game.

(Stand by for Epilogue lore and wrap-up posts~)
EoTN 7
~~~~~
And lo, night fell on the climactic conclusion of the story. The baker whistled up the spiral staircase as that mess of a woman was about to grab the last BunBun, and she turned around just in time to see a whole mess of colors rising up to her, and within seconds she, along with a good portion of the roof, was gone. The last BunBun and it’s king looked down at the Baker, who was now standing in the rain. He called up to them, asking if they were okay, stating that she had gone mad and probably set all of this up. He was about to be thanked when a roar rolled out, the building falling sideways as the dragon came back, grabbing the baker and taking him out into the street. It roared once again, dropping the baker into it’s maw and turning towards the remaining villagers, huddled under an awning unable to get into a locked building.

The dragon frowned, rearing up and screaming in pain. The baker detonated his explosive payload within the creature’s belly, burning it’s insides and killing it from within. Of course, this also cost him his life, but it’s result was clear: the village was saved...Sort of.
~~~~~
@Vipera + @Wintrymix (WIP hydra) has been killed!
Their role name was Salty Sally. Their alignment was Town.

@DuskyFlareon has been killed!
Their role name was Toothless. Their alignment was Neutral.

@SmashedFish has been killed!
Their role name was Lollipop, Lollipop!. Their alignment was Mafia.
~~~~~

EVENT
~~~~~
This story is getting boring. Can the BunBuns shoot lasers out of their eyes? SURE! Any remaining BunBuns can now use LASER EYES! If they’re all dead, one is summoned.
~~~~~
It is now the start of Day 8. Don't forget to vote!
~~~~~

@Tsaiah
@Vipera + @Wintrymix (WIP hydra)
@DuskyFlareon
@amapup
@ThisOneIsBlue
@Mithent
@Gwendolyn
@Cacogen
@Stanari
@SmashedFish
@SpectralDragon
@Firo + @Varikset (Yatagarasu hydra)
@YaBoiGuzma
@raiccoon + @caleaf (Caccoon hydra)
@8uny
@TheNightDancer
@Winterreise
@MagykalWagykal
@StormDreamer + @LibreNoctre
@LordAlois
@Kirkfan2255
@Beheaded
@StormDreamer
@LibreNoctre
@narumitsu
@Mue
@Limelight
@AureaImperatrix
@Bequerel
@SilverWinter + @Nerasis (Mercury)
@Tantayo
@nsts + @luxmold (BoP hydra)

~~~~~

ERROR:
No mafia members left alive. Game Over.

Note: Feedback PMs not sent out due to end of game.

(Stand by for Epilogue lore and wrap-up posts~)

Praise the sun! \o/
Well, I had fun anyway
Well, I had fun anyway
n0vnSpk.png 3bMwIy2.png
Woooo yes! WE WIN!

I think I'm the dragon.

The dragon Toothless?

In the HTTYD movie, Toothless does lick someone at some point, iirc...
Woooo yes! WE WIN!

I think I'm the dragon.

The dragon Toothless?

In the HTTYD movie, Toothless does lick someone at some point, iirc...

He/him | FRT+1 x
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/8d/0f/e08d0fec97e7f6f3d989627a350bf3c5.gif[/img]
e08d0fec97e7f6f3d989627a350bf3c5.gif
hJ8OTHQ.gifELCP3EK.gifhoCtO2k.gif ~~~~~~~ tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png
@DuskyFlareon You saved us!
@SmashedFish I KNEW IT
@DuskyFlareon You saved us!
@SmashedFish I KNEW IT
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
@SmashedFush

Good gane!

Fun fact: I wanted to shoot you the night you wanted to talk about kills. Pretend to go along with you and boom. Luckily for me, I got jailed or I'd have killed myself.
@SmashedFush

Good gane!

Fun fact: I wanted to shoot you the night you wanted to talk about kills. Pretend to go along with you and boom. Luckily for me, I got jailed or I'd have killed myself.

He/him | FRT+1 x
SORRY WIP
SORRY WIP
xD
xD
[size=5][b]Feedback/Constructive Criticism[/b][/size] [LIST] [*][b]Read the rules.[/b] I’ve had several people ask things like ‘what is my win condition?’ as well as getting confused at their role thinking it was a normal game, when all this information is clearly detailed in the rule on both the signups page AND the game thread. Heck, the first few lines is an explicit warning that the game is highly non-standard. AT THE LEAST you should skim through the rules to get a good grasp of what the game is like. I bet you didn’t even notice I pointed out that the game was on a timer when you signed up. The last point of the ‘General’ section, go look at it. If I didn’t explicitly point it out at the beginning again I bet a lot of you wouldn’t have even known the game was on a timer if the game ended quickly enough. [*]Questionnaires are a useful tool, but bad questions make them useless. If the player can simply answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’, it’s a bad question. Force the player to give a lengthy answer by asking things like why or how, and not things that players can give a simple answer too. Otherwise you might as well not have a questionnaire. If there’s a bad questionnaire, tell them it’s a bad questionnaire and why, then make a new one. Or ignore it and move on to actually helpful discussion. [*]As this was a highly non-standard game, you probably shouldn’t have been in (or hosting) multiple games at a time during it. There were ample clues and warnings in the rules (again, read the rules) to fill you in on this fact. From the various events to strange roles to even the neutral’s win condition, a good portion of the rules is simply pointing out what makes this different from a normal mafia game. (I don’t point out the basics of how to play mafia due to the warning at the start.) [*]If you’re in a hydra, you should [i]especially[/i] be making sure you have time to play. Your hydra partner is relying on you to be around to talk to and get reads off of. Players can find it suspicious if hydras are dissonant and have completely different reads and methodologies. Communication is important. For an example of a good hydra look at Yatagarasu (Firo + Varikset), they talk consistently with one another and as such generally only need to post one at a time. They might come up with differing opinions on something but they work it out amongst themselves to see which is more pertinent to their goals, rather than telling their differing opinions blindly. It’d be like one player saying someone is mafia then immediately saying they were town. It makes no sense and will probably just get you lynched for being a big question mark. This, of course, takes time. But a good hydra benefits from two people speculating and being able to chat when each other are offline. [*]If you have a question for the mod about your role or items, ask in private. If you ask in a public chat and the mod answers it would essentially confirm you have said ability/items and so the mod is likely to either ignore you or respond as if they don’t know what you mean. Additionally, don’t bother asking about items or abilities other people have. That should seem obvious, but you won’t be told information you aren’t privy to, even in private. You could, however, ask generalized questions and theoreticals. An example could be ‘What would happen to the two switched targets if we killed a bus driver role?’, since that’s a mechanical question that wouldn’t give any information on whether such a role exists or who might have it. [*]You people are so strange. Town reads make no sense whatsoever. You can’t remove someone from suspicion for any reason, especially if they’re blatantly trying to be town. Everyone is suspicious, and unless you get cold hard confirmation from the mod there’s no way to completely verify that someone isn’t your enemy. Anyone who decides someone is town based on their actions is destined for failure, since all it takes is one opponent making it into that group for you to lose the game. [/LIST] [size=5][b]More specific Gripes (basically pure salt here):[/b][/size] [quote name="Wintrymix" date=2017-02-06 19:00:25] Amapup What I did in my lynch line-up is no different than Poly throwing a random vote on someone to get a reaction, think about it. It's a good tactic for scum-hunting D1 and that's undeniable, however I can see where you're coming from because this could also be used by Scum. [/quote] When I pick someone to vote, it’s not “throwing a random vote on someone to get a reaction.” because it’s not random. The reasons may not make much sense to anyone else, but I do have a reason as to why I vote whom I do. But it should be noted I don’t do read lists with random people thrown in. When I’m made to make a list of who I think is mafia, the person I find most suspicious (the person I’m voting for) is always at the top, and if there’s no particular reason for someone to be on the list they won’t be there. If anything, And while you spent the time explaining it was a random choice, I either explain my grievances against them or leave well enough alone and move on to the next target. Either commit to who you’ve chosen, or drop it entirely. On the other hand, nice job guessing two of the mafia D1. Claps to you two. ~~~~ WIP shouldn’t have lived as long as they did. When you can get them flips are an invaluable tool to tell who could potentially be mafia. With their claimed passive, you might as well have had no flips. At the least they should’ve been randomized way earlier, but that wasn’t even the only reason to kill them. Both of them, Wolf especially, kept bringing up that their actions were ‘towny’. It goes along with what I said before: Town reads make no sense. Just by [i]saying[/i] that “mafia have no reason to do this” or “only a town member would do that” they clearly showed they know the dos and don’ts of how to behave, and should’ve been looked at MORE closely and seen as suspicious, not LESS. They were essentially saying “Hey, I know how to manipulate all of you into thinking I’m a town member. So clearly, that means I’m town.” and you believed them. If they were a mafia framer who painted anyone who dies neutral, they could’ve VERY easily gotten away with this. Additionally, they don’t have to worry about seeming suspicious from a lack of voting because of their excuse that it would remove all the votes. Even if true, that role is VERY dangerous to leave in the case WIP might’ve been mafia, since that basically means that late game the mafia can easily control who does and doesn’t get lynched, especially since they got to pick [i]someone else[/i] that has the burning vote, it wasn’t directly tied to themselves. They mentioned that when they were switched with Amapup earlier in the game, but everyone glossed over it. ~~~~~ For all you knew, BunBuns could’ve been malicious third party/mafia alignment. Same goes for the Jelly King. SOMEONE should’ve done some sort of investigating on them, or otherwise inquiring about what they are or how they behave. Tsaiah was the only one, and that was purely in regards to what might happen if they were switched with someone. ~~~~~ Tsaiah at the least knew Stanari had her role. Three way switches make basically no sense, given it ‘could’ have happened once based on info gained throughout the game. Why you guys didn’t actually kill her early on I have no idea. Plus, if she [i]was[/i] just unlynchable, why did nobody at least try shooting her with one of the laser cannons? You tried shooting Fish first. Which was amazing aim, but failed anyways because the person was killed. Too bad, so sad. Also, you guys had a pineapple that literally had the words “CAN NOT BE STOPPED”. Perhaps throwing it at the person who was highly suspicious but also seemingly unkillable to blow them up with it? Like really. ~~~~~ Lolmafia nope-ing out halfway through the game. That item was meant to give a neutral an instant win pretty much, or otherwise let everyone win together if you manage to nope out holding the fractured star. Was not expecting one of the mafia to just leave with it. 10/10 ~~~~~ NPCs that know how to vote are HARD. If you’re going to host a game, don’t let that be a thing. Seriously, it’s just annoying. The BunBuns doing their auto-actions worked fairly well though. So that little experiment I’d call a success overall.
Feedback/Constructive Criticism
  • Read the rules. I’ve had several people ask things like ‘what is my win condition?’ as well as getting confused at their role thinking it was a normal game, when all this information is clearly detailed in the rule on both the signups page AND the game thread. Heck, the first few lines is an explicit warning that the game is highly non-standard. AT THE LEAST you should skim through the rules to get a good grasp of what the game is like. I bet you didn’t even notice I pointed out that the game was on a timer when you signed up. The last point of the ‘General’ section, go look at it. If I didn’t explicitly point it out at the beginning again I bet a lot of you wouldn’t have even known the game was on a timer if the game ended quickly enough.
  • Questionnaires are a useful tool, but bad questions make them useless. If the player can simply answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’, it’s a bad question. Force the player to give a lengthy answer by asking things like why or how, and not things that players can give a simple answer too. Otherwise you might as well not have a questionnaire. If there’s a bad questionnaire, tell them it’s a bad questionnaire and why, then make a new one. Or ignore it and move on to actually helpful discussion.
  • As this was a highly non-standard game, you probably shouldn’t have been in (or hosting) multiple games at a time during it. There were ample clues and warnings in the rules (again, read the rules) to fill you in on this fact. From the various events to strange roles to even the neutral’s win condition, a good portion of the rules is simply pointing out what makes this different from a normal mafia game. (I don’t point out the basics of how to play mafia due to the warning at the start.)
  • If you’re in a hydra, you should especially be making sure you have time to play. Your hydra partner is relying on you to be around to talk to and get reads off of. Players can find it suspicious if hydras are dissonant and have completely different reads and methodologies. Communication is important. For an example of a good hydra look at Yatagarasu (Firo + Varikset), they talk consistently with one another and as such generally only need to post one at a time. They might come up with differing opinions on something but they work it out amongst themselves to see which is more pertinent to their goals, rather than telling their differing opinions blindly. It’d be like one player saying someone is mafia then immediately saying they were town. It makes no sense and will probably just get you lynched for being a big question mark. This, of course, takes time. But a good hydra benefits from two people speculating and being able to chat when each other are offline.
  • If you have a question for the mod about your role or items, ask in private. If you ask in a public chat and the mod answers it would essentially confirm you have said ability/items and so the mod is likely to either ignore you or respond as if they don’t know what you mean. Additionally, don’t bother asking about items or abilities other people have. That should seem obvious, but you won’t be told information you aren’t privy to, even in private. You could, however, ask generalized questions and theoreticals. An example could be ‘What would happen to the two switched targets if we killed a bus driver role?’, since that’s a mechanical question that wouldn’t give any information on whether such a role exists or who might have it.
  • You people are so strange. Town reads make no sense whatsoever. You can’t remove someone from suspicion for any reason, especially if they’re blatantly trying to be town. Everyone is suspicious, and unless you get cold hard confirmation from the mod there’s no way to completely verify that someone isn’t your enemy. Anyone who decides someone is town based on their actions is destined for failure, since all it takes is one opponent making it into that group for you to lose the game.

More specific Gripes (basically pure salt here):
Wintrymix wrote on 2017-02-06:
Amapup What I did in my lynch line-up is no different than Poly throwing a random vote on someone to get a reaction, think about it. It's a good tactic for scum-hunting D1 and that's undeniable, however I can see where you're coming from because this could also be used by Scum.
When I pick someone to vote, it’s not “throwing a random vote on someone to get a reaction.” because it’s not random. The reasons may not make much sense to anyone else, but I do have a reason as to why I vote whom I do. But it should be noted I don’t do read lists with random people thrown in. When I’m made to make a list of who I think is mafia, the person I find most suspicious (the person I’m voting for) is always at the top, and if there’s no particular reason for someone to be on the list they won’t be there. If anything, And while you spent the time explaining it was a random choice, I either explain my grievances against them or leave well enough alone and move on to the next target. Either commit to who you’ve chosen, or drop it entirely. On the other hand, nice job guessing two of the mafia D1. Claps to you two.
~~~~
WIP shouldn’t have lived as long as they did. When you can get them flips are an invaluable tool to tell who could potentially be mafia. With their claimed passive, you might as well have had no flips. At the least they should’ve been randomized way earlier, but that wasn’t even the only reason to kill them. Both of them, Wolf especially, kept bringing up that their actions were ‘towny’. It goes along with what I said before: Town reads make no sense. Just by saying that “mafia have no reason to do this” or “only a town member would do that” they clearly showed they know the dos and don’ts of how to behave, and should’ve been looked at MORE closely and seen as suspicious, not LESS. They were essentially saying “Hey, I know how to manipulate all of you into thinking I’m a town member. So clearly, that means I’m town.” and you believed them. If they were a mafia framer who painted anyone who dies neutral, they could’ve VERY easily gotten away with this. Additionally, they don’t have to worry about seeming suspicious from a lack of voting because of their excuse that it would remove all the votes. Even if true, that role is VERY dangerous to leave in the case WIP might’ve been mafia, since that basically means that late game the mafia can easily control who does and doesn’t get lynched, especially since they got to pick someone else that has the burning vote, it wasn’t directly tied to themselves. They mentioned that when they were switched with Amapup earlier in the game, but everyone glossed over it.
~~~~~
For all you knew, BunBuns could’ve been malicious third party/mafia alignment. Same goes for the Jelly King. SOMEONE should’ve done some sort of investigating on them, or otherwise inquiring about what they are or how they behave. Tsaiah was the only one, and that was purely in regards to what might happen if they were switched with someone.
~~~~~
Tsaiah at the least knew Stanari had her role. Three way switches make basically no sense, given it ‘could’ have happened once based on info gained throughout the game. Why you guys didn’t actually kill her early on I have no idea. Plus, if she was just unlynchable, why did nobody at least try shooting her with one of the laser cannons? You tried shooting Fish first. Which was amazing aim, but failed anyways because the person was killed. Too bad, so sad. Also, you guys had a pineapple that literally had the words “CAN NOT BE STOPPED”. Perhaps throwing it at the person who was highly suspicious but also seemingly unkillable to blow them up with it? Like really.
~~~~~
Lolmafia nope-ing out halfway through the game. That item was meant to give a neutral an instant win pretty much, or otherwise let everyone win together if you manage to nope out holding the fractured star. Was not expecting one of the mafia to just leave with it. 10/10
~~~~~
NPCs that know how to vote are HARD. If you’re going to host a game, don’t let that be a thing. Seriously, it’s just annoying. The BunBuns doing their auto-actions worked fairly well though. So that little experiment I’d call a success overall.

Praise the sun! \o/
*quietly copies those notes into a doc for future reference*
*quietly copies those notes into a doc for future reference*
1 2 ... 276 277 278 279 280 ... 286 287