Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Mourning Flowers [Lineage Project]
@DiRoxy

Ohmygoodness, that's fantastic ;A; Had to pause my music just to make sure I could read with absolute focus. The vibes are immaculate. And I am always thrilled to send anther one of Carnations' kiddos out into the world, I'll get him named and sent off immediately!

He can absolutely have that as a trait! It might not be as common among Carnations' descendants, but there's nothing saying it can't happen c: Everything that's a little on the unusual side is just more lore potential, anyway :P
@DiRoxy

Ohmygoodness, that's fantastic ;A; Had to pause my music just to make sure I could read with absolute focus. The vibes are immaculate. And I am always thrilled to send anther one of Carnations' kiddos out into the world, I'll get him named and sent off immediately!

He can absolutely have that as a trait! It might not be as common among Carnations' descendants, but there's nothing saying it can't happen c: Everything that's a little on the unusual side is just more lore potential, anyway :P
___________________ 70571229.png adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters
Super glad to have him registered! And it's perfectly fine about not responding right away, we understand. We always forget to respond to things ourselves XD Messing with codes on mobile is crazy. Realistically, our ideas probably wouldn't have looked so crammed together on pc, but our computer doesn't want to work (and it's not plugged in in favor of our much better functioning PS5), so we can't check to see if it looks right there XD Ultimately like it the way we got it, even if it wasn't changed too much from the original code. And yess, we can't wait to write Verilen's lore! We gave little sneak peeks to how she acts in Serifae's lore (like, really little), but it'll be fun getting to flesh her out a bit more. We always have fun writing for sinister characters. Kind of how we got into writing, actually XD We always made characters who were sinister and having poor memory, we would just write things down and then make stories

And yes, the kids are very cute! That's part of the reason why we wanted to keep the girl XD Moon will probably have a few more Achlorophyllosic kids before Aleria can get pinions (and even then, one or two may pop up occasionally when the odds hit in favor of pinions. Of course, knowing our luck, we won't get a blossom kid for ages XD). Will also have to find a mate for Haven and get some lore down for her, too :)
Super glad to have him registered! And it's perfectly fine about not responding right away, we understand. We always forget to respond to things ourselves XD Messing with codes on mobile is crazy. Realistically, our ideas probably wouldn't have looked so crammed together on pc, but our computer doesn't want to work (and it's not plugged in in favor of our much better functioning PS5), so we can't check to see if it looks right there XD Ultimately like it the way we got it, even if it wasn't changed too much from the original code. And yess, we can't wait to write Verilen's lore! We gave little sneak peeks to how she acts in Serifae's lore (like, really little), but it'll be fun getting to flesh her out a bit more. We always have fun writing for sinister characters. Kind of how we got into writing, actually XD We always made characters who were sinister and having poor memory, we would just write things down and then make stories

And yes, the kids are very cute! That's part of the reason why we wanted to keep the girl XD Moon will probably have a few more Achlorophyllosic kids before Aleria can get pinions (and even then, one or two may pop up occasionally when the odds hit in favor of pinions. Of course, knowing our luck, we won't get a blossom kid for ages XD). Will also have to find a mate for Haven and get some lore down for her, too :)
ldIARQG.gif oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
bybFVO1.png
qhK4FYS.png
mlHpBMC.png
kHBaXec.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
KNxJX97.png
41HYCJP.png
tCsqc24.png
SYiQlxK.png
FObX7rS.png
6BP8M8y.png
73vKFNE.png
gWg1WHB.png
oEGalah.png
lAvpyOQ.png
KYDGNsD.png
m7xse7B.png
3I473vH.png
8GgdVkW.png
Ut9RRot.png
SiglZNi.png
L73CX1d.gif
[center][i]A Flower wishes to join the field...[/i][/center] [b]Name[/b]: Florian [b]Soul Trait[/b]: Shielded [b]Generation[/b]: 3 (Gladioli > Mentha) [b]Type[/b]: [i]Mourning Flower[/i] [b]Link/image[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94069267][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/940693/94069267_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Additional[/b]: [i]If you want to share anything else, please add it here![/i] Some quick lore to begin his sojournings in Dragonhome: [color=#EEEEEE]_____[/color] The pillar from the beginning of the world stood before Florian, erected from endless sands about him. His flowers don't take here. Though blood has drenched nearly every inch of this war-hungry home, the soil is insatiably parched. He had thought himself most gifted among the Mourning Flowers, spurring local legends as dragons stumbled upon his intricate floral displays. Yet, as he plucked a flower from his pelt and stirred its roots into the dust, the petals faded and fell upon the slain. If the explosive blooms and living colors were Gladekeeper's blessing all along, they don't extend beyond his borders. A paltry memorial for a nonresponsive dead. Can nothing escape the ground here? "You'll need to hold a memorial for the flower now, too..." Garland mused. "The soul won't spring up from her. She cannot move on unless the flower can draw it up like deep well water." "Does she want to move on?" Florian looked over the slain, a small Tundra her jaw still locked on her sword. In place of the cacophany of anger and fear, her soul was steady and still, a warrior's spirit. She had resigned herself to death, and here she is, content with her efforts at the end of her life. What her thoughts were trained on within that final haze, he could not tell. She didn't even see him through the mirage. Atrophied or not, the roots of his flower should tunnel their way down and meet her like an escape rope. A glint of light from the next world. After the shock of death passes, how could she ignore his outstretched arm? "What an absurd question. There is nothing here, in this wasteland least of all. Though weak, my memorial flower has taken root all the same. It's there when she comes around. Come. There are more, doubtless more grateful than her."
A Flower wishes to join the field...
Name: Florian
Soul Trait: Shielded
Generation: 3 (Gladioli > Mentha)
Type: Mourning Flower
Link/image:
94069267_350.png

Additional: If you want to share anything else, please add it here!

Some quick lore to begin his sojournings in Dragonhome:
_____
The pillar from the beginning of the world stood before Florian, erected from endless sands about him. His flowers don't take here. Though blood has drenched nearly every inch of this war-hungry home, the soil is insatiably parched. He had thought himself most gifted among the Mourning Flowers, spurring local legends as dragons stumbled upon his intricate floral displays.

Yet, as he plucked a flower from his pelt and stirred its roots into the dust, the petals faded and fell upon the slain. If the explosive blooms and living colors were Gladekeeper's blessing all along, they don't extend beyond his borders. A paltry memorial for a nonresponsive dead. Can nothing escape the ground here?

"You'll need to hold a memorial for the flower now, too..." Garland mused.

"The soul won't spring up from her. She cannot move on unless the flower can draw it up like deep well water."

"Does she want to move on?"

Florian looked over the slain, a small Tundra her jaw still locked on her sword. In place of the cacophany of anger and fear, her soul was steady and still, a warrior's spirit. She had resigned herself to death, and here she is, content with her efforts at the end of her life. What her thoughts were trained on within that final haze, he could not tell. She didn't even see him through the mirage.

Atrophied or not, the roots of his flower should tunnel their way down and meet her like an escape rope. A glint of light from the next world. After the shock of death passes, how could she ignore his outstretched arm?

"What an absurd question. There is nothing here, in this wasteland least of all. Though weak, my memorial flower has taken root all the same. It's there when she comes around. Come. There are more, doubtless more grateful than her."
nymph.pngsand.png
Check out my portfolio blog!
@ https://blessfrey.me/
abbey.pnghavelock.png
@Aristene

Florian has been added to the registry! :D And I'm not sure why, but that "You'll need to hold a memorial for the flower now, too..." part has me cackling.

That's really interesting lore, though, I haven't given a whole lot of thought to souls that don't want to move on. And how that might be interpreted by a Flower, either :o Getting to see what other folks do with all this lore chaos I've made is my favourite part of this entire project, so thank you for adding to it and giving me more stuff to be excited about ;A;

And @SakraKaine well, I did it again lmao :')) I cannot even fathom trying to mess with code on mobile, though, all the kudos for that. Way braver than I've literally ever been omg. And hah, same, sinister characters give me joy and have undoubtedly contributed to why I keep writing things. I'll cross my fingers that RNG will be nice to you, though, and will give you some Blossom kiddos (maybe even before the pinions!)
@Aristene

Florian has been added to the registry! :D And I'm not sure why, but that "You'll need to hold a memorial for the flower now, too..." part has me cackling.

That's really interesting lore, though, I haven't given a whole lot of thought to souls that don't want to move on. And how that might be interpreted by a Flower, either :o Getting to see what other folks do with all this lore chaos I've made is my favourite part of this entire project, so thank you for adding to it and giving me more stuff to be excited about ;A;

And @SakraKaine well, I did it again lmao :')) I cannot even fathom trying to mess with code on mobile, though, all the kudos for that. Way braver than I've literally ever been omg. And hah, same, sinister characters give me joy and have undoubtedly contributed to why I keep writing things. I'll cross my fingers that RNG will be nice to you, though, and will give you some Blossom kiddos (maybe even before the pinions!)
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters
[center][i]A Flower wishes to join the field...[/i][/center] [b]Name[/b]: Anpu [b]Soul Trait[/b]: Shielded [b]Generation[/b]: One (Carnations) [b]Type[/b]: Flower [b]Link/image[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74987350][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/749874/74987350_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Additional[/b]: I dragged him to level 10 the first night, I just only now sat down to get the profile worked on lol. Now I just have to work on getting his mate blossom (cry) and flesh out the rest of his story because oh boy he is speaking to me.
A Flower wishes to join the field...
Name: Anpu
Soul Trait: Shielded
Generation: One (Carnations)
Type: Flower
Link/image:
74987350_350.png

Additional: I dragged him to level 10 the first night, I just only now sat down to get the profile worked on lol. Now I just have to work on getting his mate blossom (cry) and flesh out the rest of his story because oh boy he is speaking to me.
TpW465u.gif
xxxx
Xe/Xem | He/Him
+1 FR Time
Exalt and Lore Lair
xxxx Stock the Pond
Everbloom UMAs
Wishlist
@DiRoxy

Anpu has been added to the registry! Love the new genes, too, and I feel for anyone that's got to try and get a hold of Blossom ;A; May RNG be in your favour, that stuff is too dang expensive to buy these days.

If you write out more of his story, I'd love to read it! <3
@DiRoxy

Anpu has been added to the registry! Love the new genes, too, and I feel for anyone that's got to try and get a hold of Blossom ;A; May RNG be in your favour, that stuff is too dang expensive to buy these days.

If you write out more of his story, I'd love to read it! <3
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters
@teenytk I'll absolutely share it! I've got a whole document set up off site now so I can work on it as the inspiration hits lol. Once I have more than a handful of notes I'll be back to share :)
@teenytk I'll absolutely share it! I've got a whole document set up off site now so I can work on it as the inspiration hits lol. Once I have more than a handful of notes I'll be back to share :)
TpW465u.gif
xxxx
Xe/Xem | He/Him
+1 FR Time
Exalt and Lore Lair
xxxx Stock the Pond
Everbloom UMAs
Wishlist
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3337780/1#post_56790546][img]https://imgur.com/bY5jT9y.png[/img][/url][/center] A Mourning Flowers pair owned by @Ackie is one of 7 pairs in the spotlight of this Nature event! [img]https://imgur.com/8eFMINt.png[/img][img] https://imgur.com/lK5IZ7L.png[/img] Guess what colors their hatchlings will be, gather around their nest and see how it turns out. There are a wall of raffle prizes and badges like this. [img alt="A raffesia flower with a Behemoth cicada in the middle."]https://i.imgur.com/Ypqw2ut.png[/img] Free QOTD gets animal badges like this
bY5jT9y.png

A Mourning Flowers pair owned by @Ackie is one of 7 pairs in the spotlight of this Nature event!

8eFMINt.pnglK5IZ7L.png
Guess what colors their hatchlings will be, gather around their nest and see how it turns out. There are a wall of raffle prizes and badges like this.

A raffesia flower with a Behemoth cicada in the middle. Free QOTD gets animal badges like this
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=69653625][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/696537/69653625.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=68706587][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/687066/68706587.png[/img][/url] [b][u]Wirklichkeit x Sunflower[/u][/b][/center] Ackie's pair is having their featured day at the event above (banner is link). A lot of people said they are happy to learn about Mourning Flowers and that they are so pretty! I hope some of them adopt and register, but I'm glad to introduce them to your creation and lore. And thanks to Ackie recommending this, I am thankful to BE introduced to it myself. ^^
69653625.png 68706587.png
Wirklichkeit x Sunflower

Ackie's pair is having their featured day at the event above (banner is link).

A lot of people said they are happy to learn about Mourning Flowers and that they are so pretty! I hope some of them adopt and register, but I'm glad to introduce them to your creation and lore. And thanks to Ackie recommending this, I am thankful to BE introduced to it myself. ^^
3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png xox1i5n.png
@NerdMom

Ahhh crud, I knew there was something I was forgetting ;A; Thank you for dropping another message, real life has been hectic and trying to keep up with all the things I want to do is almost impossible, lol, but I wanna see how their kids turn out :o

It's so fun to have some Mourning Flowers featured in an event like this! And Wirklichkeit, too, like I know I shouldn't keep favourites but he's absolutely a favourite of mine.

Thank you again for letting me know about it all <3 I'm a little too frazzled to make sense of how the whole thing works but it looks like a lot of fun!
@NerdMom

Ahhh crud, I knew there was something I was forgetting ;A; Thank you for dropping another message, real life has been hectic and trying to keep up with all the things I want to do is almost impossible, lol, but I wanna see how their kids turn out :o

It's so fun to have some Mourning Flowers featured in an event like this! And Wirklichkeit, too, like I know I shouldn't keep favourites but he's absolutely a favourite of mine.

Thank you again for letting me know about it all <3 I'm a little too frazzled to make sense of how the whole thing works but it looks like a lot of fun!
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Troll Hunters