Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, November 2015
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 80 81
Drop rates perhaps too low? I've been in the Boreal Woods since Thursday and have not gotten a single woodland turkey or woodland turkey crate. :(
Drop rates perhaps too low? I've been in the Boreal Woods since Thursday and have not gotten a single woodland turkey or woodland turkey crate. :(
icebanner.png
[quote name="Wavelength" date=2015-11-29 19:09:18] [quote name="HondaYori" date=2015-11-29 09:57:52] [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-11-25 17:00:00] As gamers, we sat back and determined that chests should be associated with fun loot -- isn't that really the whole point of finding chests? This year, chests will be much more infrequent, but when you do open them, you can expect they will have something other than butt-rocks or mirrors. [/quote] While I agree with the first sentence, I must express displeasure and predict that this "fun" will be nearly non-existent for me. Unless NotN chests have different drop rates from the usual (and even the elemental festival) chests, I doubt I will find more than two. And that generous estimate is IF I'm lucky. I don't know if I somehow angered the Random Number God or what, but I almost NEVER get chests, eggs, or any other good loot from the Coli. I don't do so great when digging or scavenging, either. Everything else looks exciting, though! [/quote] I completely agree. I didn't get any crates from the coli this last festival, and seldom get more than 1 in the coli per festival, despite spending about 20 hours there each festival. Thankfully I can usually dig up at least 1, and this month dug up 4. I've gotten only 1 egg from the coli in nearly a year and a half of playing. I rather liked the multitudes of chests last year, at least we were getting lots of familiars from them. If they drop the chest rates to festival levels, there's no way I'll be able to get the 5 new bears, much less an egg or, heavens forbid, a gene scroll(the thing I was really hoping for last year). From the great volumes of chests, I got 10 noc eggs, many chest familiars, and 5 out of the 6 bear familiars, only had to trade for one, which made NotN 2014 fun. With the chest rates dropping for this year, I hope the staffers at least make the imposter bears purchasable in the marketplace. That's where I get most of my festival skins, since the coli is a lost cause unless you can spend 12 hours a day there every day. [/quote] This, basically. Originally, you left December without a festival so people could spend time with their families without missing anything. If we are celebrating the holidays, then we definitely won't be able to put in the time needed to get these rarer chests. Last year, we could use less of our time grinding for chests, since they were common.
Wavelength wrote on 2015-11-29:
HondaYori wrote on 2015-11-29:
Aequorin wrote on 2015-11-25:
As gamers, we sat back and determined that chests should be associated with fun loot -- isn't that really the whole point of finding chests? This year, chests will be much more infrequent, but when you do open them, you can expect they will have something other than butt-rocks or mirrors.

While I agree with the first sentence, I must express displeasure and predict that this "fun" will be nearly non-existent for me. Unless NotN chests have different drop rates from the usual (and even the elemental festival) chests, I doubt I will find more than two. And that generous estimate is IF I'm lucky. I don't know if I somehow angered the Random Number God or what, but I almost NEVER get chests, eggs, or any other good loot from the Coli. I don't do so great when digging or scavenging, either.

Everything else looks exciting, though!

I completely agree. I didn't get any crates from the coli this last festival, and seldom get more than 1 in the coli per festival, despite spending about 20 hours there each festival. Thankfully I can usually dig up at least 1, and this month dug up 4. I've gotten only 1 egg from the coli in nearly a year and a half of playing.

I rather liked the multitudes of chests last year, at least we were getting lots of familiars from them. If they drop the chest rates to festival levels, there's no way I'll be able to get the 5 new bears, much less an egg or, heavens forbid, a gene scroll(the thing I was really hoping for last year). From the great volumes of chests, I got 10 noc eggs, many chest familiars, and 5 out of the 6 bear familiars, only had to trade for one, which made NotN 2014 fun.

With the chest rates dropping for this year, I hope the staffers at least make the imposter bears purchasable in the marketplace. That's where I get most of my festival skins, since the coli is a lost cause unless you can spend 12 hours a day there every day.

This, basically. Originally, you left December without a festival so people could spend time with their families without missing anything. If we are celebrating the holidays, then we definitely won't be able to put in the time needed to get these rarer chests. Last year, we could use less of our time grinding for chests, since they were common.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
I think it would be helpful to keep the current trade system in addition to the new one (where one user determines the trade and the other accepts, declines or counteroffers) - at the very least for currency options.
I think it would be helpful to keep the current trade system in addition to the new one (where one user determines the trade and the other accepts, declines or counteroffers) - at the very least for currency options.
[quote name="Starfait" date=2015-11-29 03:12:51] I am also pretty disappointed with the news about night of the nocturne. Opening chests is fun, even if there isn't awesome stuff in them. I have awful luck with getting chests as is, and if it's anything like how it is with festival drop rates, I won't be getting any even after hours of grinding. :/ [/quote] This. While these updates make me excited, I am really hoping that the chests drop more commonly than the festival chests. I only got one chest this event. :/
Starfait wrote on 2015-11-29:
I am also pretty disappointed with the news about night of the nocturne. Opening chests is fun, even if there isn't awesome stuff in them. I have awful luck with getting chests as is, and if it's anything like how it is with festival drop rates, I won't be getting any even after hours of grinding. :/

This.

While these updates make me excited, I am really hoping that the chests drop more commonly than the festival chests. I only got one chest this event. :/
Omigosh! Petal and Butterfly are GORGEOUS!
Omigosh! Petal and Butterfly are GORGEOUS!
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
WOAH.
WOAH.
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
he/they . frt+13 tumblr_lkl7439kSD1qfamg6.gif
I dunno about you guys, but I'm almost sure that, unless the decrease in chest drops also carries with it the raise of the Noc egg/scroll drop rate, Night of the Nocturne could become very tedious
There needs to be a balance between the two
Plus I'm almost sure there are many users, like me, who clearly have done something to anger the RNG, because they don't seem to get good drops and items anywhere, and something tells me the same people are gonna run the same luck on NotN
I dunno about you guys, but I'm almost sure that, unless the decrease in chest drops also carries with it the raise of the Noc egg/scroll drop rate, Night of the Nocturne could become very tedious
There needs to be a balance between the two
Plus I'm almost sure there are many users, like me, who clearly have done something to anger the RNG, because they don't seem to get good drops and items anywhere, and something tells me the same people are gonna run the same luck on NotN
| Valen | '99 | He/it |
Huh... I've been in Boreal Woods for almost 2 hours now and still no Turkeys.

Anyone else having this issue?
Huh... I've been in Boreal Woods for almost 2 hours now and still no Turkeys.

Anyone else having this issue?

Purebred Gen 2 Imperial Sales (Empty) | Cross-Site Trading (Aywas, Felisfire, Rescreatu)
Hey is the coliseum not working for anyone else?
Hey is the coliseum not working for anyone else?
@undel, whats with a second luna mith, is that supposed to be solar mith?
@undel, whats with a second luna mith, is that supposed to be solar mith?
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 80 81