Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, November 2015
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2015-11-29 09:57:52] [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-11-25 17:00:00] As gamers, we sat back and determined that chests should be associated with fun loot -- isn't that really the whole point of finding chests? This year, chests will be much more infrequent, but when you do open them, you can expect they will have something other than butt-rocks or mirrors. [/quote] While I agree with the first sentence, I must express displeasure and predict that this "fun" will be nearly non-existent for me. Unless NotN chests have different drop rates from the usual (and even the elemental festival) chests, I doubt I will find more than two. And that generous estimate is IF I'm lucky. I don't know if I somehow angered the Random Number God or what, but I almost NEVER get chests, eggs, or any other good loot from the Coli. I don't do so great when digging or scavenging, either. Everything else looks exciting, though! [/quote] I completely agree. I didn't get any crates from the coli this last festival, and seldom get more than 1 in the coli per festival, despite spending about 20 hours there each festival. Thankfully I can usually dig up at least 1, and this month dug up 4. I've gotten only 1 egg from the coli in nearly a year and a half of playing. I rather liked the multitudes of chests last year, at least we were getting lots of familiars from them. If they drop the chest rates to festival levels, there's no way I'll be able to get the 5 new bears, much less an egg or, heavens forbid, a gene scroll(the thing I was really hoping for last year). From the great volumes of chests, I got 10 noc eggs, many chest familiars, and 5 out of the 6 bear familiars, only had to trade for one, which made NotN 2014 fun. With the chest rates dropping for this year, I hope the staffers at least make the imposter bears purchasable in the marketplace. That's where I get most of my festival skins, since the coli is a lost cause unless you can spend 12 hours a day there every day.
HondaYori wrote on 2015-11-29:
Aequorin wrote on 2015-11-25:
As gamers, we sat back and determined that chests should be associated with fun loot -- isn't that really the whole point of finding chests? This year, chests will be much more infrequent, but when you do open them, you can expect they will have something other than butt-rocks or mirrors.

While I agree with the first sentence, I must express displeasure and predict that this "fun" will be nearly non-existent for me. Unless NotN chests have different drop rates from the usual (and even the elemental festival) chests, I doubt I will find more than two. And that generous estimate is IF I'm lucky. I don't know if I somehow angered the Random Number God or what, but I almost NEVER get chests, eggs, or any other good loot from the Coli. I don't do so great when digging or scavenging, either.

Everything else looks exciting, though!

I completely agree. I didn't get any crates from the coli this last festival, and seldom get more than 1 in the coli per festival, despite spending about 20 hours there each festival. Thankfully I can usually dig up at least 1, and this month dug up 4. I've gotten only 1 egg from the coli in nearly a year and a half of playing.

I rather liked the multitudes of chests last year, at least we were getting lots of familiars from them. If they drop the chest rates to festival levels, there's no way I'll be able to get the 5 new bears, much less an egg or, heavens forbid, a gene scroll(the thing I was really hoping for last year). From the great volumes of chests, I got 10 noc eggs, many chest familiars, and 5 out of the 6 bear familiars, only had to trade for one, which made NotN 2014 fun.

With the chest rates dropping for this year, I hope the staffers at least make the imposter bears purchasable in the marketplace. That's where I get most of my festival skins, since the coli is a lost cause unless you can spend 12 hours a day there every day.
lSyxazy.png
5vnsOgE.png
Bv4nfib.png
fdUVIfW.pngoptH9Kd.png gg8Ii1Q.png
zl1ZGZ2.png 2VtxnMX.png 3Atxu83.png xXVzXvp.png RI1dQsH.png Pgv53XB.png hT8tqqJ.png NlmYDAS.png ANZRVK7.png jxjhtnM.png J8QoPxT.png F10c885.png kHBaXec.png
mYEe9VI.png
I .... really feel bad about 'complaining' (As some hardcore FR users are calling it)...

But I must really say that despite, or rather because, NotN fell on christmas last year, the drop rates of items other than food or those mirrors, the re-released familiars ... NotN was very dissapointing, exhausting and frustrating.

=> The coli lag and fails?
We will see if that has been looked at (Sorry FR team to have not that much trust in your word if you say it's fixed ... )

=> Less crates/chest?
Could be an idea, if the overal quality over quantity gets seen at.

=> Nocturnes again?
Eh.... I said my two cents to that (Not the most attractive, people got them already and so on), so I don't want to go into that again.

=> And last, I'd like to see another breed at least for next year, so the Night of the 'Breed' will be interesting.

All in all, staff, nice if you want to make NotN more ... effective... but it's to be seen if the old players are still interested in nocturnes.
(Or as someone said before, Not only caring for the new players, but for the existing userbase)
I .... really feel bad about 'complaining' (As some hardcore FR users are calling it)...

But I must really say that despite, or rather because, NotN fell on christmas last year, the drop rates of items other than food or those mirrors, the re-released familiars ... NotN was very dissapointing, exhausting and frustrating.

=> The coli lag and fails?
We will see if that has been looked at (Sorry FR team to have not that much trust in your word if you say it's fixed ... )

=> Less crates/chest?
Could be an idea, if the overal quality over quantity gets seen at.

=> Nocturnes again?
Eh.... I said my two cents to that (Not the most attractive, people got them already and so on), so I don't want to go into that again.

=> And last, I'd like to see another breed at least for next year, so the Night of the 'Breed' will be interesting.

All in all, staff, nice if you want to make NotN more ... effective... but it's to be seen if the old players are still interested in nocturnes.
(Or as someone said before, Not only caring for the new players, but for the existing userbase)
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
@tricky10zorua You may want to try ask your questions in the Help Center. Nothing about Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is discussed in this update (so it's a tad offtopic) plus there is so many people replying to the announcement, your questions can be easily overlooked. If you go to the Help Center forum, you can start a new thread, and people are more likely to notice. Or you can browse through other people's questions and answers to see if maybe some of your questions can be answered that way! :)

As for Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, the items are located in our hoard, in the food, materials, apparel, familiar, and others tab. You can find by gathering, bonding with familiars and opening the chests, battling in the coliseum, and visiting Pinkerton. You can also purchase items from the Auction House, the Marketplace or on the Items for Sale forum :)
@tricky10zorua You may want to try ask your questions in the Help Center. Nothing about Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is discussed in this update (so it's a tad offtopic) plus there is so many people replying to the announcement, your questions can be easily overlooked. If you go to the Help Center forum, you can start a new thread, and people are more likely to notice. Or you can browse through other people's questions and answers to see if maybe some of your questions can be answered that way! :)

As for Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, the items are located in our hoard, in the food, materials, apparel, familiar, and others tab. You can find by gathering, bonding with familiars and opening the chests, battling in the coliseum, and visiting Pinkerton. You can also purchase items from the Auction House, the Marketplace or on the Items for Sale forum :)
Ah, butterfly and petal look so cool!

Also glad for the NotN changes, opened just shy of 1000 chests last time and got just one egg and no scroll >.< so many butt rocks...
Ah, butterfly and petal look so cool!

Also glad for the NotN changes, opened just shy of 1000 chests last time and got just one egg and no scroll >.< so many butt rocks...
CK1QM1M.png96558434.png96558435.png96558436.png96558437.png
Awesome updates!
Awesome updates!
uAtpbsf.png
The new genes are beautiful!
The new genes are beautiful!
LxbWmll.png
Credit: MythicalViper
Ooh! A coloring contest! I'll see if I can enter when I come back from school.
Ooh! A coloring contest! I'll see if I can enter when I come back from school.
(3+ hours ahead of FR time!)
I collect Chimera Relic Duskrat . Donations are appreciated!
Although it is a bit too late to request it for the Thanksgiving event this year, would it be possible to make the limited-time familiars (like the Woodland Turkeys) also available as Baldwin Brews in the future, similar to how the Logas were available through Baldwin when the feature first opened, and how there are 2 festival skins available that way every festival week? I have been grinding for the turkeys ever since the announcement was sent out, and have seen many of them as encounters, but have not gotten them as a drop. I do, however, have tons of the food they drop, and wish I could have possibly used it to brew a Turkey, since it will likely only sit in my hoard or vault now. Although I understand that you wish to make them hard to obtain, it feels nearly impossible for people who don't have hours and hours to commit to grinding every day, and who might only play between their jobs, classes and other commitments.
Although it is a bit too late to request it for the Thanksgiving event this year, would it be possible to make the limited-time familiars (like the Woodland Turkeys) also available as Baldwin Brews in the future, similar to how the Logas were available through Baldwin when the feature first opened, and how there are 2 festival skins available that way every festival week? I have been grinding for the turkeys ever since the announcement was sent out, and have seen many of them as encounters, but have not gotten them as a drop. I do, however, have tons of the food they drop, and wish I could have possibly used it to brew a Turkey, since it will likely only sit in my hoard or vault now. Although I understand that you wish to make them hard to obtain, it feels nearly impossible for people who don't have hours and hours to commit to grinding every day, and who might only play between their jobs, classes and other commitments.
hunter_sm_by_xnedra22-d8kgeou.png 2CdcZTh.png
Yeah!
Yeah!
Ah, pretty butterfly genes! I guess my Monarch skin is basically pointless now lol.
Ah, pretty butterfly genes! I guess my Monarch skin is basically pointless now lol.