Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please do something about lair upgrading
@ismael

It depends on perspective i suppose, i can't sit for a full 20 minutes to grind fairgrounds/coli if i can even acces them. My wifi tends to be pretty unpredictable working like a charm one day the next it's the worst thing ever @-@ so i only make income via well fed bonus and bonding with familiars so in my case gathering 450k tskes way, way, way longer then 20 days. Hence to me 450k for 5 slots is worthless, well my friends also left due to the game overall being boring to them, mean beyond dailies and minigames/coli there is not a whole lot to do on fr. Perhaps when some changes happen they'll come back, my long term goal is to have one of each retired items, i'm a decent chunk done but the 2013 light stuff is going be difficult and i'll probaly have to put out a few payment plans and careful saving before i get there
@ismael

It depends on perspective i suppose, i can't sit for a full 20 minutes to grind fairgrounds/coli if i can even acces them. My wifi tends to be pretty unpredictable working like a charm one day the next it's the worst thing ever @-@ so i only make income via well fed bonus and bonding with familiars so in my case gathering 450k tskes way, way, way longer then 20 days. Hence to me 450k for 5 slots is worthless, well my friends also left due to the game overall being boring to them, mean beyond dailies and minigames/coli there is not a whole lot to do on fr. Perhaps when some changes happen they'll come back, my long term goal is to have one of each retired items, i'm a decent chunk done but the 2013 light stuff is going be difficult and i'll probaly have to put out a few payment plans and careful saving before i get there
DVcXRyP.png
@ceynomore

If it becomes stressing to you you maybe should take a hiatus from the site. Your healt is more important than any game. especially when you feel it is a chore - which no game should feel like.

I for one find much to do. planning certain breedings is only a small part of it. I plan my dragons geneing projects, when I have time I'm active in dominace, I enjoy the Forums very much, I spend a lot of my FR time clicking through lairs looking at dragons of other people, helping newbies and older players alike in the help and bugs forum and otherwise being active in the communiity.

Rest assured I also started out small. Back then when Cloiseum was basically unrunable on any pc and fairgrounds and siteoutages were common. I still bought my 3rd ever dragon (besides my progens) just a few days after starting for a very cheap 50k - a very nice ungened Tomato, Emerald, Forest Guardian (which I actually STILL have to gene). Making money back then was a chore I say. ;)

In any case the breeding cooldowns never bothered me. I only had 3 dragons and my progen offspring for the longest of time. I made money to expand my lair for more dragons and actually had my eyes set on an Imp I wanted to buy for a little over a million. Ugly little ungened colorblob that is was.

In any case not everyone in the world can enjoy FR. If it just doesn't fit your lifestyle or idea of an enjoyable game it is probabely best to not further mourn things that can't be.
@ceynomore

If it becomes stressing to you you maybe should take a hiatus from the site. Your healt is more important than any game. especially when you feel it is a chore - which no game should feel like.

I for one find much to do. planning certain breedings is only a small part of it. I plan my dragons geneing projects, when I have time I'm active in dominace, I enjoy the Forums very much, I spend a lot of my FR time clicking through lairs looking at dragons of other people, helping newbies and older players alike in the help and bugs forum and otherwise being active in the communiity.

Rest assured I also started out small. Back then when Cloiseum was basically unrunable on any pc and fairgrounds and siteoutages were common. I still bought my 3rd ever dragon (besides my progens) just a few days after starting for a very cheap 50k - a very nice ungened Tomato, Emerald, Forest Guardian (which I actually STILL have to gene). Making money back then was a chore I say. ;)

In any case the breeding cooldowns never bothered me. I only had 3 dragons and my progen offspring for the longest of time. I made money to expand my lair for more dragons and actually had my eyes set on an Imp I wanted to buy for a little over a million. Ugly little ungened colorblob that is was.

In any case not everyone in the world can enjoy FR. If it just doesn't fit your lifestyle or idea of an enjoyable game it is probabely best to not further mourn things that can't be.
[quote name="ceynomore" date=2015-08-15 11:10:18] The breeding cooldowns average a MONTH, and if you aren't able to "farm the coliseum" or "spend five hours in the Fairgrounds" every day, making money is also chore. And while these things present problems to newbies, the people who have been playing a long time complain that the breeding cooldowns shouldn't be lessened, that there are too many dragons already -- what is the point of that? This IS a dragon breeding site, so what is the point of preventing me from being able to breed my dragons? Breeding is a chore, expanding your lair is a chore, making money is a chore, and it's all basically to force someone to invest weeks and months into this game when it QUICKLY gets boring inbetween the breeding cooldowns and everything else when all you can do is play the Coliseum or the Fairgrounds, so why bother to stay and wait for the cooldowns to finish, etc? [/quote] I'm personally still enjoying the game, but all of these things have also occurred to me. I don't mind long cooldowns or high prices for things, but there needs to be more to do in the middle of all that. I've only been here a short time too, but I've seen the topics of lair expansion prices, resource gathering, and dragon worth brought up often. The price of things in proportion to the amount of ways there is to make treasure is skewed badly. The amount of ways to make treasure that are accessible to people who can't spend hours on the site are just about nonexistent. I am having fun though. I'll admit I'm a grinder on anything I play. It's how I relax. But I can also step out of my own experience and see that this game can be very frustrating for people who can't, or aren't willing to grind. And I like doing chores in games, but that's not something most people would look forward to. All that to say, while I am not personally bothered, I think adjusting lair expansion prices would be very beneficial to the future of FR. It can still be a money sink. And the dragon population can be controlled by making exalting a more enticing option.
ceynomore wrote on 2015-08-15:
The breeding cooldowns average a MONTH, and if you aren't able to "farm the coliseum" or "spend five hours in the Fairgrounds" every day, making money is also chore. And while these things present problems to newbies, the people who have been playing a long time complain that the breeding cooldowns shouldn't be lessened, that there are too many dragons already -- what is the point of that? This IS a dragon breeding site, so what is the point of preventing me from being able to breed my dragons?

Breeding is a chore, expanding your lair is a chore, making money is a chore, and it's all basically to force someone to invest weeks and months into this game when it QUICKLY gets boring inbetween the breeding cooldowns and everything else when all you can do is play the Coliseum or the Fairgrounds, so why bother to stay and wait for the cooldowns to finish, etc?

I'm personally still enjoying the game, but all of these things have also occurred to me. I don't mind long cooldowns or high prices for things, but there needs to be more to do in the middle of all that. I've only been here a short time too, but I've seen the topics of lair expansion prices, resource gathering, and dragon worth brought up often. The price of things in proportion to the amount of ways there is to make treasure is skewed badly. The amount of ways to make treasure that are accessible to people who can't spend hours on the site are just about nonexistent.

I am having fun though. I'll admit I'm a grinder on anything I play. It's how I relax. But I can also step out of my own experience and see that this game can be very frustrating for people who can't, or aren't willing to grind. And I like doing chores in games, but that's not something most people would look forward to.

All that to say, while I am not personally bothered, I think adjusting lair expansion prices would be very beneficial to the future of FR. It can still be a money sink. And the dragon population can be controlled by making exalting a more enticing option.
2qkpb88.jpg
[quote name="FortunaDraken" date=2013-11-02 05:20:21] 100k is easy. Fairgrounds caps at 75k, and it can take only a few hours, less if you're good at Jigsaw and/or Shock Switch. Hi or Lo gives you small amount each hour, as does Crim if she's feeling generous. Coliseum is perfectly capable of feeding your dragons by it alone once you have a team of high level dragons that can one-shot anything in area 1 and 2, thus gathering goes to Digging and Scavenging. Sell anything you don't need. Familiars give you small amounts each day plus possible treasure chests. I can get anywhere from 20-40k on rollover ALONE. If you're willing to spend a few hours, 100k a day is easy. The reason some people have no treasure is not because of treasure sinks. It's because, as you said, nothing is selling. Lairs are capped, thus everyone who has been here awhile most likely isn't looking to buy more dragons on a full lair, while newbies either get free dragons or grab the cheap ones since prices have fallen, thus making their lairs full and making the problem worse. You'll probably find there are just as many people with treasure as without, they just don't want to spend it right now due to either a large lair, or not wanting to go to the effort to gene up dragons that then don't sell. Treasure sinks are a required part of this game, and will be needed in the future. Yes the lairs may be too much of one, but it's hard to change that now when there would be uproar from larger lair owners. What is really needed is more ways to get money, which are in the works with Crafting and Adventure. [/quote] Most people don't have the time to spend hours on a single game, espeically people like me that are going back to school soon. It gets boring to play a single game for hours even if you do have time to do that. I think expansions should max at maybe 100k, because it's only 5 lair expansions, and the dragons themselves cost a lot.
FortunaDraken wrote on 2013-11-02:
100k is easy. Fairgrounds caps at 75k, and it can take only a few hours, less if you're good at Jigsaw and/or Shock Switch. Hi or Lo gives you small amount each hour, as does Crim if she's feeling generous. Coliseum is perfectly capable of feeding your dragons by it alone once you have a team of high level dragons that can one-shot anything in area 1 and 2, thus gathering goes to Digging and Scavenging. Sell anything you don't need. Familiars give you small amounts each day plus possible treasure chests. I can get anywhere from 20-40k on rollover ALONE. If you're willing to spend a few hours, 100k a day is easy.

The reason some people have no treasure is not because of treasure sinks. It's because, as you said, nothing is selling. Lairs are capped, thus everyone who has been here awhile most likely isn't looking to buy more dragons on a full lair, while newbies either get free dragons or grab the cheap ones since prices have fallen, thus making their lairs full and making the problem worse.

You'll probably find there are just as many people with treasure as without, they just don't want to spend it right now due to either a large lair, or not wanting to go to the effort to gene up dragons that then don't sell.

Treasure sinks are a required part of this game, and will be needed in the future. Yes the lairs may be too much of one, but it's hard to change that now when there would be uproar from larger lair owners. What is really needed is more ways to get money, which are in the works with Crafting and Adventure.

Most people don't have the time to spend hours on a single game, espeically people like me that are going back to school soon. It gets boring to play a single game for hours even if you do have time to do that. I think expansions should max at maybe 100k, because it's only 5 lair expansions, and the dragons themselves cost a lot.
no
@MadisonFae

Well I guess it depends which dragons you buy. A lot good looking dragons are under 10k which is litterally only 10 minutes of fairground games.

Even just reselling cheap hatchlings can bring you multiple thousands of treasure each day. And you don't have to have a lot of time for that. There are many strategies useable for people who have not much time too. As you said.. Most of us have a RL and still manage to get enough money. Few use the fairground to do it because it IS a slower way than coliseum.
@MadisonFae

Well I guess it depends which dragons you buy. A lot good looking dragons are under 10k which is litterally only 10 minutes of fairground games.

Even just reselling cheap hatchlings can bring you multiple thousands of treasure each day. And you don't have to have a lot of time for that. There are many strategies useable for people who have not much time too. As you said.. Most of us have a RL and still manage to get enough money. Few use the fairground to do it because it IS a slower way than coliseum.
@Ismaiel
Yes, but even when you find a cheap enough hatchling, even to resell or exalt, it brings me back to lair expansions, which are a huge treasure sink.
@Ismaiel
Yes, but even when you find a cheap enough hatchling, even to resell or exalt, it brings me back to lair expansions, which are a huge treasure sink.
no
@MadisonFae

Well. You have more than enough space allready. You guys just tend to fill up up so fast with cheap dragons that you have not enough space left to handle exalt dragons and dragons for reselling. You are barely 2 months with us and have allready 3 lairpages. I had 1 back then and still enough space to hatch a litter and trainexalt it. I guess its because dragons are so readily available now that people stuff their lairs so full so fast and then complain about not having enough space. I'm here for a while now and Broke the 4 pages of 'permanent' dragons barely a month ago. Its like everything the newbies do is too fast. They want 10 pages of Lairspace, only fully gened rare dragons - and please with a breeding cooldown of 3 days maximum and enough treasure and gems to get all the nise apparel FR has to offer.

I guess you can try to play that way. But it won't make you happy cause it just plainly isn't possible. Nor would it be satisfying if it was possible. We all had to work in the beginning. We had less ways of making treasure, just as much (well few) time as you and many things were a lot pricier back then. And we managed still. You will too.

And in a year to come you will laugh about 100k a day. You'll proababely make more from trainexalting your dragons and with the tempo you have on making lairspace you'll probabely have more space than I will have then :)
(Though its up to you if you clutter it up of if you get more 'choosy' whith picking dragons)
@MadisonFae

Well. You have more than enough space allready. You guys just tend to fill up up so fast with cheap dragons that you have not enough space left to handle exalt dragons and dragons for reselling. You are barely 2 months with us and have allready 3 lairpages. I had 1 back then and still enough space to hatch a litter and trainexalt it. I guess its because dragons are so readily available now that people stuff their lairs so full so fast and then complain about not having enough space. I'm here for a while now and Broke the 4 pages of 'permanent' dragons barely a month ago. Its like everything the newbies do is too fast. They want 10 pages of Lairspace, only fully gened rare dragons - and please with a breeding cooldown of 3 days maximum and enough treasure and gems to get all the nise apparel FR has to offer.

I guess you can try to play that way. But it won't make you happy cause it just plainly isn't possible. Nor would it be satisfying if it was possible. We all had to work in the beginning. We had less ways of making treasure, just as much (well few) time as you and many things were a lot pricier back then. And we managed still. You will too.

And in a year to come you will laugh about 100k a day. You'll proababely make more from trainexalting your dragons and with the tempo you have on making lairspace you'll probabely have more space than I will have then :)
(Though its up to you if you clutter it up of if you get more 'choosy' whith picking dragons)
@Ismaiel
I don't stuff my lair with useless dragons. I'm working hard for treasure, and I'm just saying that school is coming soon and a boost would be nice. I consider my education more important than playing the Coliseum and Fairgrounds. And at 2 months, I don't consider myself a newbie. I'm just good at the game, my accout age has nothing to do with how fast I can advance in the game. My dragons are not cheap.
I can pay the game how I like, thank you. Every player is different, and if you only had 1 page when you were new to the game that nice job to you. Having goals to go higher and quicker is not something bad.
@Ismaiel
I don't stuff my lair with useless dragons. I'm working hard for treasure, and I'm just saying that school is coming soon and a boost would be nice. I consider my education more important than playing the Coliseum and Fairgrounds. And at 2 months, I don't consider myself a newbie. I'm just good at the game, my accout age has nothing to do with how fast I can advance in the game. My dragons are not cheap.
I can pay the game how I like, thank you. Every player is different, and if you only had 1 page when you were new to the game that nice job to you. Having goals to go higher and quicker is not something bad.
no
@MadisonFae

I never said useless. I said you were stuffing you lair - it is full of dragons.

Your education IS more important. If anyone says otherwise you shouldn't listen to them. As I said we all have been there and had to work for it. It is nice that you can go so fast - I couldn't with RL and stuff. Of course you are allowed to play how you want. I just said that stuffing ones lair makes it hard to gain more treasure. Its your decision what you do - should you have overread that in my post.

And if you like having goals.. I don't understand why you are complaining to net get everything handed to you? Since you just said you are of perfectly fine i don't understand your uproar about expansion prices anymore?
@MadisonFae

I never said useless. I said you were stuffing you lair - it is full of dragons.

Your education IS more important. If anyone says otherwise you shouldn't listen to them. As I said we all have been there and had to work for it. It is nice that you can go so fast - I couldn't with RL and stuff. Of course you are allowed to play how you want. I just said that stuffing ones lair makes it hard to gain more treasure. Its your decision what you do - should you have overread that in my post.

And if you like having goals.. I don't understand why you are complaining to net get everything handed to you? Since you just said you are of perfectly fine i don't understand your uproar about expansion prices anymore?
@Ismaiel
While I do get a fair amount of treasure, I think that sometimes it is a little hard to save large amounts of treasure because lair expansions are so costly. I am pretty much fine now, but in the future I would like to be able to save for the next expansion without it taking weeks.

It seemed that you were implying that newer players are ungrateful, so I was defending myself.
@Ismaiel
While I do get a fair amount of treasure, I think that sometimes it is a little hard to save large amounts of treasure because lair expansions are so costly. I am pretty much fine now, but in the future I would like to be able to save for the next expansion without it taking weeks.

It seemed that you were implying that newer players are ungrateful, so I was defending myself.
no