Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Commas in currency amounts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
yes for the gap, no to the comma.
yes for the gap, no to the comma.
3915_350.png
I would completely support any way to break up the numbers, whether it be commas or spaces, just to make them easier to read. I think it might also help people not make that "I put a dragon up for too little!" mistake.

Edit: Ah, I see commas can already cause that problem. Spaces it is then!
I would completely support any way to break up the numbers, whether it be commas or spaces, just to make them easier to read. I think it might also help people not make that "I put a dragon up for too little!" mistake.

Edit: Ah, I see commas can already cause that problem. Spaces it is then!
ArtBanner.png
Major support. It is really confusing, that is to say I only have just above 64 000 right now, and I'm confused, so I'd hate to imagine how anyone with over 100 000 deals with it. We need something to separate them, whichever's easier for the programmers
Major support. It is really confusing, that is to say I only have just above 64 000 right now, and I'm confused, so I'd hate to imagine how anyone with over 100 000 deals with it. We need something to separate them, whichever's easier for the programmers
my_banner1_by_fixed_dot_dice-d9izgrt.jpg
I'm your follower in the light,
Yet I'm invisible in the night.
At various sizes I appear,
I won't harm you, have no fear.
699.Pots150.FixeddotDice_zpsx6o5jen6.png my_banner2_by_fixed_dot_dice-d9iz56q.png
Support! I don't care how they're separated really--commas, dashes, spaces, decimals... anything would be really helpful!
Support! I don't care how they're separated really--commas, dashes, spaces, decimals... anything would be really helpful!
gvvmw41.png
Support, preferably for spaces
Support, preferably for spaces
Support! So much support! This would stop my brain from imploding every time I'm trying to work out how a dragon costs at the AH ("does that say 10K or 100K? Hmmmm"). Then having to count the zeroes with my finger pressed to the computer screen; looking like a complete idiot to the people around me.

Although like a few people have said, commas aren't universal; periods are out of the question too as a lot of people use them for decimals. I think a space between every three zeroes would work. Surely it wouldn't take up too much effort to code for (I hope).
Support! So much support! This would stop my brain from imploding every time I'm trying to work out how a dragon costs at the AH ("does that say 10K or 100K? Hmmmm"). Then having to count the zeroes with my finger pressed to the computer screen; looking like a complete idiot to the people around me.

Although like a few people have said, commas aren't universal; periods are out of the question too as a lot of people use them for decimals. I think a space between every three zeroes would work. Surely it wouldn't take up too much effort to code for (I hope).
kbqBOtG.png
@orchidemily

Omigod that's awful, yet such an easy mistake to make, I've gotten close to doing that so many times because I've grown up being taught to put commas into numbers. You'd think the system would just remove the comma, but obviously not. Just wow... can't believe the system would do that. At least you know not to make the mistake again, I suppose.
@orchidemily

Omigod that's awful, yet such an easy mistake to make, I've gotten close to doing that so many times because I've grown up being taught to put commas into numbers. You'd think the system would just remove the comma, but obviously not. Just wow... can't believe the system would do that. At least you know not to make the mistake again, I suppose.
kbqBOtG.png
@jamethyst definitely won't happen again. I am just sorry such a pretty dragon was exalted.
@jamethyst definitely won't happen again. I am just sorry such a pretty dragon was exalted.
SFQhzL3.pngyCkAFg8.pngyPtBRD9.pngtumblr_nyl9awegtx1sbxtq7o4_75sq.pngJLu5v3r.png
EFiImB7.png
8QN6ypU.png
@orchidemily

Hopefully no one else has or will make the same mistake. It's just a shame that people are always going straight to the AH, finding the cheapest dragon and exalting it- doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it's cheap.
@orchidemily

Hopefully no one else has or will make the same mistake. It's just a shame that people are always going straight to the AH, finding the cheapest dragon and exalting it- doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it's cheap.
kbqBOtG.png
please ohh please yes. I have a lot of trouble differentiating numbers and this would make my life so much easier and keep me from making mistakes when putting things up for auction
please ohh please yes. I have a lot of trouble differentiating numbers and this would make my life so much easier and keep me from making mistakes when putting things up for auction
tumblr_nmexfndQ7S1r5z40vo1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23