Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | improve site transparency
What it says on the tin. The recent status update has left a lot of speculation on the reason ancients are being pushed so hard, on whether or not staff has the appropriate resources to pursue new features amongst a sea of unfixed bugs, among other things. I've seen a lot in particular that focuses on the money aspect of website maintenance. But blind speculation gets nobody anywhere fast. If there's an issue at hand that can't be resolved yet, that still requires the patience and understanding of the playerbase. Patience and understanding which is most easily obtained through honesty. The age demographic of flight rising is old enough to understand that the wizard of oz doesn't need to be hiding behind the curtain. We can make our own magic, but we can't do that if left in the dark.
What it says on the tin. The recent status update has left a lot of speculation on the reason ancients are being pushed so hard, on whether or not staff has the appropriate resources to pursue new features amongst a sea of unfixed bugs, among other things. I've seen a lot in particular that focuses on the money aspect of website maintenance. But blind speculation gets nobody anywhere fast. If there's an issue at hand that can't be resolved yet, that still requires the patience and understanding of the playerbase. Patience and understanding which is most easily obtained through honesty. The age demographic of flight rising is old enough to understand that the wizard of oz doesn't need to be hiding behind the curtain. We can make our own magic, but we can't do that if left in the dark.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
I wouldn’t mind a little transparency, but I feel like it’s disingenuous to say that staff isn’t trying to be transparent. The whole point of the post is to be transparent, they explained why they had issues in the past and why the new ancient isn’t getting a story with it. People have a tendency to catastrophize even when staff is 100% clear. I don’t need a complete breakdown of everything that staff has been dealing with, but I feel like some people are just looking for excuses to panic. I’m not sure exactly what else you wanted them to say in that post, I feel like they covered the main issue they were focusing on, the lore and especially the Auraboa story. It might be nice if we could get a little breakdown of how exactly time and resources are allocated but I don’t think we need a lot more from staff.
I wouldn’t mind a little transparency, but I feel like it’s disingenuous to say that staff isn’t trying to be transparent. The whole point of the post is to be transparent, they explained why they had issues in the past and why the new ancient isn’t getting a story with it. People have a tendency to catastrophize even when staff is 100% clear. I don’t need a complete breakdown of everything that staff has been dealing with, but I feel like some people are just looking for excuses to panic. I’m not sure exactly what else you wanted them to say in that post, I feel like they covered the main issue they were focusing on, the lore and especially the Auraboa story. It might be nice if we could get a little breakdown of how exactly time and resources are allocated but I don’t think we need a lot more from staff.
VGxuHXT.png
Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback. This topic and ensuing discussion falls under our Non-Gameplay Feedback policy. We ask that our community share this category of feedback directly with us via Contact Us. Thank you!
Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback. This topic and ensuing discussion falls under our Non-Gameplay Feedback policy. We ask that our community share this category of feedback directly with us via Contact Us. Thank you!