Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New dragon breeds pls?
1 2
I love all the different dragons in FR, but I seriously think it needs some new dragons. I know there is a lot of color/gene variation, but can we add more breeds pls?
I love all the different dragons in FR, but I seriously think it needs some new dragons. I know there is a lot of color/gene variation, but can we add more breeds pls?
FR staff actually releases new breeds quite often! Last year we got 3 new breeds (Auraboas, Sandsurges, and Aethers(?)), with Auras being the newest, and having been released late November (~4 months ago). On a normal year, there’s been about 2 breed releases a year, which I think is a pretty good rate for the amount of art that has to be done for each breed!
FR staff actually releases new breeds quite often! Last year we got 3 new breeds (Auraboas, Sandsurges, and Aethers(?)), with Auras being the newest, and having been released late November (~4 months ago). On a normal year, there’s been about 2 breed releases a year, which I think is a pretty good rate for the amount of art that has to be done for each breed!
B25L2.pngaL21n5x.png6m2ResQ.pngo659-d01-Kymo-Ladyof-Storms.pngqBNWrht.pngUntitled_06-04-2023_02-05-05.pngUntitled_06-04-2023_01-09-41.pngo659-d05-Kymo-Ladyof-Storms.pngUFopbYN.png91IRMND.pngo659-d04-Kymo-Ladyof-Storms.pngUntitled_03-18-2023_01-09-05.pngo659-d02-Kymo-Ladyof-Storms.pngtqa10NX.pngcedPG3i.png
The devs are always working on new breeds. They'll be released when they're ready.
The devs are always working on new breeds. They'll be released when they're ready.
jt3PpxV.png Lorem.....

GuAY.png
They've been adding so many lately and rushing to add stuff that they need to go back and fix certain things lol [emoji=auraboa tongue size=2]
They've been adding so many lately and rushing to add stuff that they need to go back and fix certain things lol
CO4hmv7.gif8xbWHuG.gif
Okay! I just joined not too long ago and haven't been around long enough to know how frequent the devs make new dragons.
Okay! I just joined not too long ago and haven't been around long enough to know how frequent the devs make new dragons.
tbf they do need a news page and not lock everything to the forums so it's easier to see these sorts of updates.
tbf they do need a news page and not lock everything to the forums so it's easier to see these sorts of updates.
CO4hmv7.gif8xbWHuG.gif
Breeds require more work due to the backlog of genes on the site (and apperal in the case of moderns). All things concidered, Fr staff have been putting them out at a shocking speed. We got our last Ancient breed back in November. If production time is staying consistent, I'd say we'll probably get another one latter this year? But also, Auraboas did come with some issues and a lot of people have stated they'd be okay with a slightly slower pace and more refined content, so, we'll see.

If I had to guess though, I'd say there'll probably be another ancient breed by the end of the year. Modern breeds, its harder to say, I've been here since 2016 and only seen the release of two, they're understandably pretty infrequent.
Breeds require more work due to the backlog of genes on the site (and apperal in the case of moderns). All things concidered, Fr staff have been putting them out at a shocking speed. We got our last Ancient breed back in November. If production time is staying consistent, I'd say we'll probably get another one latter this year? But also, Auraboas did come with some issues and a lot of people have stated they'd be okay with a slightly slower pace and more refined content, so, we'll see.

If I had to guess though, I'd say there'll probably be another ancient breed by the end of the year. Modern breeds, its harder to say, I've been here since 2016 and only seen the release of two, they're understandably pretty infrequent.
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
OIC
OIC
modern breeds takes AGES to make bc they have to redraw every single piece of apparel for them

and ancient breeds have been releasing with ridiculous amounts of errors that seem to be the product of rushed execution

while new breeds are fun and exciting, they shouldnt be at the expense of the artists crunching to get them done on time
modern breeds takes AGES to make bc they have to redraw every single piece of apparel for them

and ancient breeds have been releasing with ridiculous amounts of errors that seem to be the product of rushed execution

while new breeds are fun and exciting, they shouldnt be at the expense of the artists crunching to get them done on time
Ah I see. SORRY FOR PILING THINGS ON YOU, FLIGHT RISING!
Ah I see. SORRY FOR PILING THINGS ON YOU, FLIGHT RISING!
1 2