Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Adult Form of Dragons in AH
1 2
It is not a very urgent/minor change (Given the existence of the scrying workshop AND the scroll of Eternal Youth), so I will keep this short.

I'm sure we all were scrolling the AH at one time, and we saw a dragon that was really cute as a baby. Now, being the (impatient) human beings that we are, impulse buy the dragon. Later, as we see the dragon grow up it looks very ugly.

There are two normal ideas to the problem (shown above) but I find faults with both of them

a) I'm too forgetful to visit the scrying workshop
b) Eternal Youth is very expensive for most of us

My idea:

When you open up the preview of a dragon, it should show its adult form and its hatchling form. When it grows up, one of two things could happen: It either stays the same as the preview or it moves the dragon's adult picture at the top.\

It would be nice for an optional setting
As a coder myself, it doesn't seem like it would take too much additional coding to get working, although it does depend on how the site actually handles data.

It is not a very urgent/minor change (Given the existence of the scrying workshop AND the scroll of Eternal Youth), so I will keep this short.

I'm sure we all were scrolling the AH at one time, and we saw a dragon that was really cute as a baby. Now, being the (impatient) human beings that we are, impulse buy the dragon. Later, as we see the dragon grow up it looks very ugly.

There are two normal ideas to the problem (shown above) but I find faults with both of them

a) I'm too forgetful to visit the scrying workshop
b) Eternal Youth is very expensive for most of us

My idea:

When you open up the preview of a dragon, it should show its adult form and its hatchling form. When it grows up, one of two things could happen: It either stays the same as the preview or it moves the dragon's adult picture at the top.\

It would be nice for an optional setting
As a coder myself, it doesn't seem like it would take too much additional coding to get working, although it does depend on how the site actually handles data.

sounds very useful! :D absolutely support
sounds very useful! :D absolutely support
uQGht2s.png
Considering there's a direct link from each dragon's profile to the scrying shop which allows you to see the dragon in any shape you want - adult, hatching, silhouetted, breedchanged, re-gened - this sounds like a personal choice as not everyone is buying dragons to keep them as adults or as they are. Forgetting to scry is an outright "you" problem.

No support, "personal playchoice" suggestion.
Considering there's a direct link from each dragon's profile to the scrying shop which allows you to see the dragon in any shape you want - adult, hatching, silhouetted, breedchanged, re-gened - this sounds like a personal choice as not everyone is buying dragons to keep them as adults or as they are. Forgetting to scry is an outright "you" problem.

No support, "personal playchoice" suggestion.
JQQ3Fjt.png
@Z0oXy
Yes! Thanks :)

@RedWillia
My main issue with the scrying workshop is the time that it takes, the number of times a dragon has been bought by the time I got back was about +3 more than I would like. (at 10kt, 15kt, and 20g)

Although it would be nice for an optional setting
@Z0oXy
Yes! Thanks :)

@RedWillia
My main issue with the scrying workshop is the time that it takes, the number of times a dragon has been bought by the time I got back was about +3 more than I would like. (at 10kt, 15kt, and 20g)

Although it would be nice for an optional setting
It could be a toggle on the AH. "View all dragons as adults" button or something.

I support. Some fodders are extra cute, but if you take the time to view them as adults to make sure you want to buy them, they get snipped right away and then exalted.
It could be a toggle on the AH. "View all dragons as adults" button or something.

I support. Some fodders are extra cute, but if you take the time to view them as adults to make sure you want to buy them, they get snipped right away and then exalted.
@YuleLad
My thoughts exactly :D
@YuleLad
My thoughts exactly :D
mmm at first i was like "no" but i thought about it and it would be pretty useful, support!
mmm at first i was like "no" but i thought about it and it would be pretty useful, support!
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Also support. I know it's a pretty minor issue but it's still annoying. Even moreso on mobile.
Also support. I know it's a pretty minor issue but it's still annoying. Even moreso on mobile.
3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.png tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@LittleBlueWraith
Yeah, I have the same problem on my phone!
I have this issue where I fumble changing to adult multiple times and it takes me forever lol
@LittleBlueWraith
Yeah, I have the same problem on my phone!
I have this issue where I fumble changing to adult multiple times and it takes me forever lol
I think it would be a neat addition. Features like genes, breeds, poses etc. require actual customisation from the player and thus make sense to stay within the scrying section--but, from what I understand, all hatchlings inevitably grow into adults (unless one permababies them) so a quick preview like this would be helpful.
Support!
I think it would be a neat addition. Features like genes, breeds, poses etc. require actual customisation from the player and thus make sense to stay within the scrying section--but, from what I understand, all hatchlings inevitably grow into adults (unless one permababies them) so a quick preview like this would be helpful.
Support!
1 2