Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Improvements
Some Coliseum improvement ideas I had. It may not be the most balanced thing ever so feedback would be appreciated.

More Abilities

Probably the easiest thing out of all of these - more miscellaneous abilities with special effects. This would serve as a way to update enemies with extra attacks, and let players make specific strategies using these abilities. I don't have anything specific in mind, but there's quite a lot of possibilities for what can be done.

More Potions

We have health potions, but I've barely seen them, plus there's opportunities for new potions as well that haven't been explored. Could be as simple as a potion that, for example, gives more Breath, or on the other spectrum, could inflict buffs onto the player's dragons. Maybe even vice versa, adding debuffs onto opponents.

Coliseum-Focused 'Shop'

Pretty simple; a new area at the Trading Post which sells abilities and potions. Though using treasure wouldn't be the most interesting thing, plus you could easily get high-tier stuff without ever battling. For this shop, a new 'currency' of sorts could be added, obtained by winning Coliseum battles. A secondary service could be added to the area where you can level up dragons, but for balance, it would take quite an amount of time and have a fee, plus the dragon wouldn't be able to battle in the time frame.

Extra Areas for Lower Levels

Level 25 has three separate areas which the player can battle in, but why not add more to lower levels? The Training Grounds can remain as the singular area for levels 1-3, but after that, at least two areas per level group could be added. Not all at once, that'd be a while before implementation, but how areas have already been releasing - standalone with their unique enemies.

'Hard Mode'

For those that want a challenge, some sort of difficulty changer could be implemented to increase battle difficulty, but reap more rewards and XP. Enemies would become stronger with more health, damage output, and a larger ability pool. This might be the hardest to add, I'm not sure since I'm not exactly a coder myself.
Some Coliseum improvement ideas I had. It may not be the most balanced thing ever so feedback would be appreciated.

More Abilities

Probably the easiest thing out of all of these - more miscellaneous abilities with special effects. This would serve as a way to update enemies with extra attacks, and let players make specific strategies using these abilities. I don't have anything specific in mind, but there's quite a lot of possibilities for what can be done.

More Potions

We have health potions, but I've barely seen them, plus there's opportunities for new potions as well that haven't been explored. Could be as simple as a potion that, for example, gives more Breath, or on the other spectrum, could inflict buffs onto the player's dragons. Maybe even vice versa, adding debuffs onto opponents.

Coliseum-Focused 'Shop'

Pretty simple; a new area at the Trading Post which sells abilities and potions. Though using treasure wouldn't be the most interesting thing, plus you could easily get high-tier stuff without ever battling. For this shop, a new 'currency' of sorts could be added, obtained by winning Coliseum battles. A secondary service could be added to the area where you can level up dragons, but for balance, it would take quite an amount of time and have a fee, plus the dragon wouldn't be able to battle in the time frame.

Level 25 has three separate areas which the player can battle in, but why not add more to lower levels? The Training Grounds can remain as the singular area for levels 1-3, but after that, at least two areas per level group could be added. Not all at once, that'd be a while before implementation, but how areas have already been releasing - standalone with their unique enemies.

'Hard Mode'

For those that want a challenge, some sort of difficulty changer could be implemented to increase battle difficulty, but reap more rewards and XP. Enemies would become stronger with more health, damage output, and a larger ability pool. This might be the hardest to add, I'm not sure since I'm not exactly a coder myself.
hi
"More Abilities

"

Unless the abilities will allow to kill enemies quicker than Eliminate does, it's not gonna do much for PvE. The builds are optimised to a T.

PvP is gonna be another thing, and I want to wait until it's released before bringing changes into the mix. So, I'm just gonna talk about PvE for now.

"We have health potions, but I've barely seen them, plus there's opportunities for new potions as well that haven't been explored. Could be as simple as a potion that, for example, gives more Breath, or on the other spectrum, could inflict buffs onto the player's dragons. Maybe even vice versa, adding debuffs onto opponents."

We already have abilities that can buff dragons in Haste, Rally and whatever is the Rally equivalent for mages (Concentration? I think it's Concentration) and these abilities also give a little bit of breath.

I don't really see the use for potions that do that.

For the debuffs, in a PvE that seeks to obliterate opponents as soon as possible, every turn where you're not doing damage is not especially useful. There is a reason why three glass cannons are seen as optimal grinders.

"Coliseum-Focused 'Shop'

Pretty simple; a new area at the Trading Post which sells abilities and potions. Though using treasure wouldn't be the most interesting thing, plus you could easily get high-tier stuff without ever battling. For this shop, a new 'currency' of sorts could be added, obtained by winning Coliseum battles. A secondary service could be added to the area where you can level up dragons, but for balance, it would take quite an amount of time and have a fee, plus the dragon wouldn't be able to battle in the time frame."

We have the ability to purchase abilities (battlestones) and potions already in the marketplace.

We don't have a lot of low-level venues because they can't be used for training exalt fodder, while higher-level venues do allow so. Most people use PvE to grind fodder, after all.
"More Abilities

"

Unless the abilities will allow to kill enemies quicker than Eliminate does, it's not gonna do much for PvE. The builds are optimised to a T.

PvP is gonna be another thing, and I want to wait until it's released before bringing changes into the mix. So, I'm just gonna talk about PvE for now.

"We have health potions, but I've barely seen them, plus there's opportunities for new potions as well that haven't been explored. Could be as simple as a potion that, for example, gives more Breath, or on the other spectrum, could inflict buffs onto the player's dragons. Maybe even vice versa, adding debuffs onto opponents."

We already have abilities that can buff dragons in Haste, Rally and whatever is the Rally equivalent for mages (Concentration? I think it's Concentration) and these abilities also give a little bit of breath.

I don't really see the use for potions that do that.

For the debuffs, in a PvE that seeks to obliterate opponents as soon as possible, every turn where you're not doing damage is not especially useful. There is a reason why three glass cannons are seen as optimal grinders.

"Coliseum-Focused 'Shop'

Pretty simple; a new area at the Trading Post which sells abilities and potions. Though using treasure wouldn't be the most interesting thing, plus you could easily get high-tier stuff without ever battling. For this shop, a new 'currency' of sorts could be added, obtained by winning Coliseum battles. A secondary service could be added to the area where you can level up dragons, but for balance, it would take quite an amount of time and have a fee, plus the dragon wouldn't be able to battle in the time frame."

We have the ability to purchase abilities (battlestones) and potions already in the marketplace.

We don't have a lot of low-level venues because they can't be used for training exalt fodder, while higher-level venues do allow so. Most people use PvE to grind fodder, after all.
I'm iffy on the training thing, and I personally wouldn't use the hard mode, but other than that, support for all of these. I really wish there were more cosmetic battle stones honestly, we only have a few and they're very situational. And, oh my goodness, a breath potion would be so nice and probably the only thing I use. I don't know how that'll effect balance so I'm not hard-set on it.

I do think they take out of the current "inbetween" levels when they add new lower-level venues already though. Maybe just a bit more of focus on adding more lesser venues.
I'm iffy on the training thing, and I personally wouldn't use the hard mode, but other than that, support for all of these. I really wish there were more cosmetic battle stones honestly, we only have a few and they're very situational. And, oh my goodness, a breath potion would be so nice and probably the only thing I use. I don't know how that'll effect balance so I'm not hard-set on it.

I do think they take out of the current "inbetween" levels when they add new lower-level venues already though. Maybe just a bit more of focus on adding more lesser venues.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
I think, not sure, that they do want at least one venue per level, and I agree, I also feel that each flight should have two venues that 'lean' towards their element (ie, during festivals those are the best places to grind to get elemental currency), one high and one lower level.
I think, not sure, that they do want at least one venue per level, and I agree, I also feel that each flight should have two venues that 'lean' towards their element (ie, during festivals those are the best places to grind to get elemental currency), one high and one lower level.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png