Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | UPD | Semi-Anthro Shadow Ancient + ART
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[font=georgia]I've noticed the lack of suggestions of somewhat anthropomorphic ancients, which I think is a shame! While I don't think a very humanoid dragon would look natural on FR, I think something more bipedal than a Wildclaw would be cool! So, I came up with this concept of a flying fox/werewolf inspired dragon, that I think would be an interesting addition as a Shadow ancient! [b]I don't have any name/lore ideas for them, so your suggestions are super welcome! [/b] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/3Rv9K7y/m.png[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/8MJwYDC/amp.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia]This breed would have minor sexual dimorphism. Males would have rather long straight, yet thorny horns on the front of their forehead. Females, however, would lack those, but have much more developed cheek spikes that curve upwards, replacing the horns. [b] And here's a sketch of how a baby could look like:[/b] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/6D2q8QG/6916-DF87-1-C0-D-4062-8-BA6-E0-D6-F8093808.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia]The primary color would influence the body and the head, while the secondary will affect the wing membranes, mane and maybe even tail and chest plating, as well as horns. [b]Below are some Tertiary gene ideas and their descriptions: [/b] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/441RMXv/armor.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia] This one can be called something like "Armored". It would add a boney plate and spikes on the head of the dragon, as well as plating on the hands, spikes on the edges of breastplates, and maybe some more on thighs and other areas of the body. [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/GvbvxHg/braid.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia]The second one can just simply be called "Braids". It would add, well, braids to the mane of the dragon. They would obviously be colored as the Tertiary color of the dragon but would fade into the mane in colorful locks, kinda like the locks in Breakup on Gaolers. Braids gene can also color the tips of the hair or maybe just add a few colorful streaks to the mane, and not just the braids themselves. It would be nice if it would have an accent color for the beads/accessories in the hair, too. [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/wsxr9Yt/ooze.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia]The third gene is called "Ooze", it just adds a semi-translucent goop to your dragon! Would be a great addition to Slime/Sludge! [b]From the existing genes, I think those would look good:[/b] [b]Primary & Secondary:[/b] Poison/Toxin, Slime/Sludge, Metallic/Alloy, Leopard/Clouded, Cherub/Seraph, Lionfish/Noxtide, Wasp/Bee, Starmap/Constellation. [b]Tertiary:[/b] Peacock, Ghost, Okapi, Glimmer, Underbelly, Stained, Gembond, Runes, Scales.
I've noticed the lack of suggestions of somewhat anthropomorphic ancients, which I think is a shame! While I don't think a very humanoid dragon would look natural on FR, I think something more bipedal than a Wildclaw would be cool!

So, I came up with this concept of a flying fox/werewolf inspired dragon, that I think would be an interesting addition as a Shadow ancient!

I don't have any name/lore ideas for them, so your suggestions are super welcome!

m.png
amp.png

This breed would have minor sexual dimorphism. Males would have rather long straight, yet thorny horns on the front of their forehead. Females, however, would lack those, but have much more developed cheek spikes that curve upwards, replacing the horns.

And here's a sketch of how a baby could look like:

6916-DF87-1-C0-D-4062-8-BA6-E0-D6-F8093808.png
The primary color would influence the body and the head, while the secondary will affect the wing membranes, mane and maybe even tail and chest plating, as well as horns.

Below are some Tertiary gene ideas and their descriptions:

armor.png
This one can be called something like "Armored". It would add a boney plate and spikes on the head of the dragon, as well as plating on the hands, spikes on the edges of breastplates, and maybe some more on thighs and other areas of the body.

braid.png
The second one can just simply be called "Braids". It would add, well, braids to the mane of the dragon. They would obviously be colored as the Tertiary color of the dragon but would fade into the mane in colorful locks, kinda like the locks in Breakup on Gaolers. Braids gene can also color the tips of the hair or maybe just add a few colorful streaks to the mane, and not just the braids themselves. It would be nice if it would have an accent color for the beads/accessories in the hair, too.

ooze.png
The third gene is called "Ooze", it just adds a semi-translucent goop to your dragon! Would be a great addition to Slime/Sludge!

From the existing genes, I think those would look good:

Primary & Secondary: Poison/Toxin, Slime/Sludge, Metallic/Alloy, Leopard/Clouded, Cherub/Seraph, Lionfish/Noxtide, Wasp/Bee, Starmap/Constellation.

Tertiary: Peacock, Ghost, Okapi, Glimmer, Underbelly, Stained, Gembond, Runes, Scales.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
This looks absolutely amazing! It really incorporates Shadow's aesthetic. Support!
This looks absolutely amazing! It really incorporates Shadow's aesthetic. Support!
[font=georgia] Another Tertiary idea added — Ooze! [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/wsxr9Yt/ooze.png[/img][/center]
Another Tertiary idea added — Ooze!

ooze.png
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
To much genius for this world
I would call them Lycani and in the lore they would be creatures that appear periodically, like in 100 years and they would the shadow ambassadors in the surface, since they live underground in somewhere in Sornieth's tectonic plates
To much genius for this world
I would call them Lycani and in the lore they would be creatures that appear periodically, like in 100 years and they would the shadow ambassadors in the surface, since they live underground in somewhere in Sornieth's tectonic plates
This is so great and detailed, I love it! I’d love it if this became the basis of an actual breed that the staff added in
This is so great and detailed, I love it! I’d love it if this became the basis of an actual breed that the staff added in
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
They remind me of Gargoyles. And that's exactly why I support this breed. La Gargouille were depicted as dragons with bat-like wings and I can see how they would be ancestors for Nocturnes!
Maybe they had set-in-stone kind of nature and couldn't fit in anywhere but their home (and travel on their two too) so Shadowbinder just made a bunch of smoller bats who are better at spreading shadow around?
They remind me of Gargoyles. And that's exactly why I support this breed. La Gargouille were depicted as dragons with bat-like wings and I can see how they would be ancestors for Nocturnes!
Maybe they had set-in-stone kind of nature and couldn't fit in anywhere but their home (and travel on their two too) so Shadowbinder just made a bunch of smoller bats who are better at spreading shadow around?
O4T41rS.pngcl14OpS.png
The first name that popped into my head was "Werog" or maybe "Werath"? I like the idea of "Were-something". "Weredrake"?
The first name that popped into my head was "Werog" or maybe "Werath"? I like the idea of "Were-something". "Weredrake"?
Call them the Lycanwing!
Call them the Lycanwing!
66.png
These look amazing!!! I wish they existed already so I could turn my vampire dragon into one~

I almost suggested Lycanroc (Lycan=werewolf and Roc=Mythological bird) before I realized it was the name of a pokemon haha

I like Zemeckis' idea of Gargouille! It fits the visual, and would also be easy to tie into Shadow lore, what with the mimicry/deception/trickster implications.
These look amazing!!! I wish they existed already so I could turn my vampire dragon into one~

I almost suggested Lycanroc (Lycan=werewolf and Roc=Mythological bird) before I realized it was the name of a pokemon haha

I like Zemeckis' idea of Gargouille! It fits the visual, and would also be easy to tie into Shadow lore, what with the mimicry/deception/trickster implications.
Ahhh support. You did such a good job with the poses. I'm a huge fan of both. Their overall look is obviously amazing as well. I love the braids gene :0
Ahhh support. You did such a good job with the poses. I'm a huge fan of both. Their overall look is obviously amazing as well. I love the braids gene :0
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12