Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Non-binary gender scroll!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Jojishi" date="2022-04-01 06:29:18" ] I support it. And I'll tell you why, BECAUSE NOT EVERY DRAGON NEEDS TO BE BRED! Just like humans, not everyone wants kids and not everyone can have children. Not only will this be inclusive to nonbinary folk but also for people who are infertile or simply don't want children. These individuals are valid and I support this idea. Very cool. [/quote] For reference, most people do want the ability to turn off breeding on a dragon-by-dragon basis, as you can see with suggestions like [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3120017]Turning 'off' dragons ability to breed[/url] which is a little further down on the main page! It's a fairly frequent suggestion, in fact. That's why you won't see a lot of people chiming in "yes, I want this," to that particular aspect of the feature, because we've often already commented in various other threads on the subject. Personally, I don't believe implementing this would be inclusive to nb folks as well as a solution; it would link gender identity to reproductive ability, which would hurt people who want their nb dragons to be able to breed, as well as people who want their binary dragons to [i]not[/i] breed without taking away that aspect of their gender identity. I didn't mention it in my comment because I felt other people had already addressed it to my satisfaction, but I feel it's worth reiterating here that as Tserin mentioned, it's invoking some very damaging and unfortunately real world implications to link those two subjects.
Jojishi wrote on 2022-04-01 06:29:18:
I support it. And I'll tell you why, BECAUSE NOT EVERY DRAGON NEEDS TO BE BRED! Just like humans, not everyone wants kids and not everyone can have children. Not only will this be inclusive to nonbinary folk but also for people who are infertile or simply don't want children. These individuals are valid and I support this idea. Very cool.

For reference, most people do want the ability to turn off breeding on a dragon-by-dragon basis, as you can see with suggestions like Turning 'off' dragons ability to breed which is a little further down on the main page! It's a fairly frequent suggestion, in fact.

That's why you won't see a lot of people chiming in "yes, I want this," to that particular aspect of the feature, because we've often already commented in various other threads on the subject.

Personally, I don't believe implementing this would be inclusive to nb folks as well as a solution; it would link gender identity to reproductive ability, which would hurt people who want their nb dragons to be able to breed, as well as people who want their binary dragons to not breed without taking away that aspect of their gender identity. I didn't mention it in my comment because I felt other people had already addressed it to my satisfaction, but I feel it's worth reiterating here that as Tserin mentioned, it's invoking some very damaging and unfortunately real world implications to link those two subjects.
Hi all. Since this thread is 1) old, 2) pre-Silhouette Scroll, and 3) getting into off-topic subjects—this forum is for Flight Rising gameplay and features—I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Thank you!
Hi all. Since this thread is 1) old, 2) pre-Silhouette Scroll, and 3) getting into off-topic subjects—this forum is for Flight Rising gameplay and features—I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Thank you!
1 2 3 4 5 6