Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Grace Period After Flight Change
1 2 3
[quote name="Vaveny" date="2019-04-23 08:11:46" ] [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-04-22 19:22:12" ] I think the trial period should be very short, to avoid abuse, and no access to the in-flight AH, sales forums and dominance forums. Something close to 48 hours, in a way. [/quote] Do you mean I wouldn't be allowed to use my new flight's forums for 48 hours after I switched, or do you mean I wouldn't be allowed to use my old flight's forums once I switched back? [/quote] The new flight's forums, and we're not talking about the new flight's general chat - this absolutely should be accessible. I would also like to see a symbol, or something on the user's profile and in the forums showing that they're on probation, so this way, they wouldn't be able to double-cross the other flight - it would be obvious they're on probation.
Vaveny wrote on 2019-04-23 08:11:46:
Sopheroo wrote on 2019-04-22 19:22:12:
I think the trial period should be very short, to avoid abuse, and no access to the in-flight AH, sales forums and dominance forums.

Something close to 48 hours, in a way.

Do you mean I wouldn't be allowed to use my new flight's forums for 48 hours after I switched, or do you mean I wouldn't be allowed to use my old flight's forums once I switched back?
The new flight's forums, and we're not talking about the new flight's general chat - this absolutely should be accessible.

I would also like to see a symbol, or something on the user's profile and in the forums showing that they're on probation, so this way, they wouldn't be able to double-cross the other flight - it would be obvious they're on probation.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-04-22 19:22:12" ] I think the trial period should be very short, to avoid abuse, and no access to the in-flight AH, sales forums and dominance forums. Something close to 48 hours, in a way. [/quote] perhaps during your trial period you also can't take advantage of dom? if you just wanted to use your free trial during a flight's dom period and get a lot of discounted stuff and then go back to your original flight kind of thing, then you wouldn't be able to? at least during the trial period. that's probably a dumb suggestion on my part
I think the trial period should be very short, to avoid abuse, and no access to the in-flight AH, sales forums and dominance forums.

perhaps during your trial period you also can't take advantage of dom? if you just wanted to use your free trial during a flight's dom period and get a lot of discounted stuff and then go back to your original flight kind of thing, then you wouldn't be able to? at least during the trial period.

that's probably a dumb suggestion on my part
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
@wyvernaura888

That's the opposite of a dumb suggestion, it's something I totally didn't think about. :D
@wyvernaura888

That's the opposite of a dumb suggestion, it's something I totally didn't think about. :D
@Sopheroo oh, thank you! i'm glad you agree with me
@Sopheroo oh, thank you! i'm glad you agree with me
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2019-04-22 19:22:12" ] I think the trial period should be very short, to avoid abuse, and no access to the in-flight AH, sales forums and dominance forums. Something close to 48 hours, in a way. [/quote] This one sounds good. I think something up to 3 days is enough to decide whether you want to stay. And obviously the money spent on the change aren't returned, you just get the opportunity to get back for free if you decide you don't like it there. Also, I think that the CD should apply even if you choose not to switch to avoid the dom hopping.

This one sounds good. I think something up to 3 days is enough to decide whether you want to stay.

And obviously the money spent on the change aren't returned, you just get the opportunity to get back for free if you decide you don't like it there. Also, I think that the CD should apply even if you choose not to switch to avoid the dom hopping.
I support this, but only if the restrictions other users have brought up are implemented.

On a side note, they would also probably have to either restrict breeding, or make putting dragons on a nest be some kind of confirmation that this flight change is permanent
I support this, but only if the restrictions other users have brought up are implemented.

On a side note, they would also probably have to either restrict breeding, or make putting dragons on a nest be some kind of confirmation that this flight change is permanent
-Raptor-
ZbNAjCO.pngmlHpBMC.png
BTRr72z.png55xbf1H.png
dd3NYvJ.png
eJAYlSZ.gif
as long as it's sensibly restricted, i don't see why not. if everything dom-related is disabled during the trial period it shouldn't cause issues

changing flight is a pretty big deal and it doesn't sound very enjoyable to spend 6 months in a flight that you just don't enjoy being part of
as long as it's sensibly restricted, i don't see why not. if everything dom-related is disabled during the trial period it shouldn't cause issues

changing flight is a pretty big deal and it doesn't sound very enjoyable to spend 6 months in a flight that you just don't enjoy being part of
Support, but with the dominance restriction that others have mentioned. And the grace period should be closer to 3 days than 7.
Support, but with the dominance restriction that others have mentioned. And the grace period should be closer to 3 days than 7.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
Support with the dominance restrictions.

When I joined nature it was a huge gamble. I love the aesthetics, but would it make up for the loss of identity, having been part of ice for over five years? That worry is what kept me from switching flights in the first place. If I could just test it out, It'd feel a lot better.

I'd also like to add another restriction, in that you can't breed during this grace period. This is for two reasons. First nests must be vacant before you switch flights, so it might cause trouble if you switch flights, immediately make a nest, and then decide to switch back. Second there's the question how it'd impact breeding, which eye colors are a huge part of. People could switch flight, breed, pop a boon, get their desired hatchlings and then switch back.

Or maybe you can breed, but doing so will immediately end the grace period and make your stay permanent. Which could also be good for people who are 100% sure of their choice and want to take part in their new flight's dominance straight away.
Support with the dominance restrictions.

When I joined nature it was a huge gamble. I love the aesthetics, but would it make up for the loss of identity, having been part of ice for over five years? That worry is what kept me from switching flights in the first place. If I could just test it out, It'd feel a lot better.

I'd also like to add another restriction, in that you can't breed during this grace period. This is for two reasons. First nests must be vacant before you switch flights, so it might cause trouble if you switch flights, immediately make a nest, and then decide to switch back. Second there's the question how it'd impact breeding, which eye colors are a huge part of. People could switch flight, breed, pop a boon, get their desired hatchlings and then switch back.

Or maybe you can breed, but doing so will immediately end the grace period and make your stay permanent. Which could also be good for people who are 100% sure of their choice and want to take part in their new flight's dominance straight away.
support

as for dom an easy fix instead of locking players out of dom forums would be to have players carry a visible icon on their account (Like how dragons on HD cool down carry) to show that the player is currently a visitor.

Ontop of this while a player is under the visitor effect all exalts would count for their home flight.
So for example. if i visit to nature as a plague member my forum stats would show im a visitor. As a visitor i wouldn't have access to nature AH but i could poke my head into their forums and have a look around to see if i like it. Heck prob even wouldn't be able to post? but if i exalt dragons they'd go to plegmom till visitor status is over. (If a nature player chooses to give a dragon for dom over to a pleg visitor a status that would be visible publicly then thats on the nature player)

As for nests

I would imagine you wouldn't be able to switch flights while you have a nesting pair... and thus wouldn't be able to nest during a visitor status either. so i cant really see nesting being a huge issue.

once you back out of a flight change there could be a week cool down to do it again? just so it cant be spammed back to back. I know it'd be a little counter intuitive to this suggestion but i think a week wait for a 48 hour visitor status is far better than the full cool down of flight changes.

support

as for dom an easy fix instead of locking players out of dom forums would be to have players carry a visible icon on their account (Like how dragons on HD cool down carry) to show that the player is currently a visitor.

Ontop of this while a player is under the visitor effect all exalts would count for their home flight.
So for example. if i visit to nature as a plague member my forum stats would show im a visitor. As a visitor i wouldn't have access to nature AH but i could poke my head into their forums and have a look around to see if i like it. Heck prob even wouldn't be able to post? but if i exalt dragons they'd go to plegmom till visitor status is over. (If a nature player chooses to give a dragon for dom over to a pleg visitor a status that would be visible publicly then thats on the nature player)

As for nests

I would imagine you wouldn't be able to switch flights while you have a nesting pair... and thus wouldn't be able to nest during a visitor status either. so i cant really see nesting being a huge issue.

once you back out of a flight change there could be a week cool down to do it again? just so it cant be spammed back to back. I know it'd be a little counter intuitive to this suggestion but i think a week wait for a 48 hour visitor status is far better than the full cool down of flight changes.

c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
1 2 3