Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Out with the dragons, in with the pinea
1 2 3 4 5 6
@FreeToFly @Farwalker
This is an actual suggestion, I think it would benefit the site.
@FreeToFly @Farwalker
This is an actual suggestion, I think it would benefit the site.
145147204&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Rosette
@PurpleBubble We all have our own opinions, but I think it's obvious that this is a joke. Sorry. [emoji=coatl sad]
@PurpleBubble

We all have our own opinions, but I think it's obvious that this is a joke. Sorry.
@FreeToFly

Well you can think that, but its an actual suggestion :/
@FreeToFly

Well you can think that, but its an actual suggestion :/
145147204&trans=1.jpg
@PurpleBubble I don't want to offend you, it's just that... Well, you know. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. [emoji=cobra]
@PurpleBubble

I don't want to offend you, it's just that... Well, you know. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
@FreeToFly
15h0302.png

Does this look like a joke to you? :')
@FreeToFly
15h0302.png

Does this look like a joke to you? :')
145147204&trans=1.jpg
[quote name="@PurpleBubble" date="2019-03-31 12:44:13" ] [b] :')[/b] [/quote] based off of that yes
@PurpleBubble wrote on 2019-03-31 12:44:13:
:')

based off of that yes
There is a report button if you feel that a thread is posted in the wrong place. Better to use that and have the mods deal with it then to unnecessarily bump the thread just to argue on it and give it more attention - especially if you feel it does not warrant it.

As to the actual suggestion - it brings to mind other pet/sim sites that allow you to upload your own art as the the pet. Like Furvilla's painties system (or w/e interesting thing those are called) or Tattered Weave's submitted 'special stage' art. Where essentially you can just pay to upload your own art and have that completely replace the sites art.

I don't think that's what the OP is going for but probably what I'd prefer in this case. Although, I don't think FR is going in that direction. However, since I don't really care either way about Pineapples but I do like Dragons... changing all the dragons to pineapples wouldn't be the best in my case.

I do however very much enjoy watermelon. So I might be more open to a watermelon overhaul. It sorta goes against the OP though... watermelon being smooth while pineapples are very pointy, etc.

Watermelon also seems more flexible in a way. The round shape affords a lot more creative freedom over the shape of the pineapple. Say someone wants to make a beachball dragon. With a watermelon they just need a skin with a beachball pattern. While if they have a pineapple... that'd be a lot harder to convey. There aren't that many things shaped like a pineapple after all but there are a lot of things shaped like a watermelon (circle/ball).
There is a report button if you feel that a thread is posted in the wrong place. Better to use that and have the mods deal with it then to unnecessarily bump the thread just to argue on it and give it more attention - especially if you feel it does not warrant it.

As to the actual suggestion - it brings to mind other pet/sim sites that allow you to upload your own art as the the pet. Like Furvilla's painties system (or w/e interesting thing those are called) or Tattered Weave's submitted 'special stage' art. Where essentially you can just pay to upload your own art and have that completely replace the sites art.

I don't think that's what the OP is going for but probably what I'd prefer in this case. Although, I don't think FR is going in that direction. However, since I don't really care either way about Pineapples but I do like Dragons... changing all the dragons to pineapples wouldn't be the best in my case.

I do however very much enjoy watermelon. So I might be more open to a watermelon overhaul. It sorta goes against the OP though... watermelon being smooth while pineapples are very pointy, etc.

Watermelon also seems more flexible in a way. The round shape affords a lot more creative freedom over the shape of the pineapple. Say someone wants to make a beachball dragon. With a watermelon they just need a skin with a beachball pattern. While if they have a pineapple... that'd be a lot harder to convey. There aren't that many things shaped like a pineapple after all but there are a lot of things shaped like a watermelon (circle/ball).
IT7iTv8.png
@AlphaSobek
The secondary gene would be hard to implement on a watermelon, though, on the pineapple at least you can put it on the ruff.
@AlphaSobek
The secondary gene would be hard to implement on a watermelon, though, on the pineapple at least you can put it on the ruff.
145147204&trans=1.jpg
Hm, my initial thought was that the strips on the watermelon would be the place for the secondary but I could see how that would be problematic. Perhaps if the vines/foliage of the plant is included?

Edit: Also square watermelon. The possibilities are just endless.
Hm, my initial thought was that the strips on the watermelon would be the place for the secondary but I could see how that would be problematic. Perhaps if the vines/foliage of the plant is included?

Edit: Also square watermelon. The possibilities are just endless.
IT7iTv8.png
ooooh, AlphaSobek, your love for melons is SO valid.

I absolutely support this. Like, I was lukewarm about pineapples and I suggested strawberries, but melons are so gooood. Especially if we go far beyond watermelons and go with wintermelon, cantaloupe, canarymelon, honeydew...

Also to people who think we're not serious - we totally are and fruit are valid.
ooooh, AlphaSobek, your love for melons is SO valid.

I absolutely support this. Like, I was lukewarm about pineapples and I suggested strawberries, but melons are so gooood. Especially if we go far beyond watermelons and go with wintermelon, cantaloupe, canarymelon, honeydew...

Also to people who think we're not serious - we totally are and fruit are valid.
1 2 3 4 5 6