Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Element Change Button for Nests
1 2 3 4
I know there's been suggestions about safe nest rentals and maybe having an NPC possibly offer them and such, but I thought I'd go ahead and suggest an idea that I had: An element change button for your nests. [center](Pardon the shoddy quality. lol) [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZOmsw54.png[/img][/center] All nests would have them, so you could individually change their elements, and have each nest be a different one, if you needed to. To use them, you would click the element button and choose the flight where you want to "send" your pair to, for a fee. (The fee could be something like 20kt-50kt? Since it'd be something that you'd repeatedly pay, every time you did this.) After you select the element and click "okay" to pay the fee, the image of the nest would change to match what you had chosen. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/WZ2lc8x.png[/img][/center] Afterwards, you could then click the breed button to select the pair that you want on it. Once the eggs had hatched, the nest would then revert back to your own flight's element, where you could use it as is, or change the element again. ----- I think this would be a nice way for people to get matching eyes for their hatchlings, while also doubling as a treasure sink.
I know there's been suggestions about safe nest rentals and maybe having an NPC possibly offer them and such, but I thought I'd go ahead and suggest an idea that I had:

An element change button for your nests.

(Pardon the shoddy quality. lol)
ZOmsw54.png

All nests would have them, so you could individually change their elements, and have each nest be a different one, if you needed to.

To use them, you would click the element button and choose the flight where you want to "send" your pair to, for a fee. (The fee could be something like 20kt-50kt? Since it'd be something that you'd repeatedly pay, every time you did this.)

After you select the element and click "okay" to pay the fee, the image of the nest would change to match what you had chosen.

WZ2lc8x.png

Afterwards, you could then click the breed button to select the pair that you want on it.

Once the eggs had hatched, the nest would then revert back to your own flight's element, where you could use it as is, or change the element again.

I think this would be a nice way for people to get matching eyes for their hatchlings, while also doubling as a treasure sink.
I'd prefer if that was done a bit more lore friendly - requiring loads of magic(al items) of the type you want to change your nest into for that breeding.
I'd prefer if that was done a bit more lore friendly - requiring loads of magic(al items) of the type you want to change your nest into for that breeding.
It could still be lore friendly, if you see the fee as paying for journey expenses to the chosen flight's land, where your dragons are going to nest. But that's just me. X)
It could still be lore friendly, if you see the fee as paying for journey expenses to the chosen flight's land, where your dragons are going to nest. But that's just me. X)
I didn't see it that way. Maybe it could be included in a confirmation. "X and Y traveled far to nest! They were blessed with Z eggs."
I didn't see it that way. Maybe it could be included in a confirmation. "X and Y traveled far to nest! They were blessed with Z eggs."
Aww, I like that! It'd definitely add a nice touch. :D
Aww, I like that! It'd definitely add a nice touch. :D
Fantastic idea. This removes much of the worry people have around renting nests and also doubles as an extra treasure sink. This seems like a wonderful way to get the perfect eye colour without having to worry about renting nests (which can often seem like more trouble than it's worth). This has my full support!
Fantastic idea. This removes much of the worry people have around renting nests and also doubles as an extra treasure sink. This seems like a wonderful way to get the perfect eye colour without having to worry about renting nests (which can often seem like more trouble than it's worth). This has my full support!
6ntc1cC.jpg
I do like this idea although I equally like the item that changes a nest's element too. The price seems a little cheap to me? But I guess that would be for the admins to decide.

But one thing with coding that we would have to consider. I don't think our dragons get assigned a specific "nest." Whenever I hatch a nest, all the remaining nests move further up the page. So Dragons A and B start at the bottom nest (Nest 5). Tomorrow, they'll move up (Nest 4) and by the end of the week, they'll be in the first nest (Nest 1). So when it comes to coding, it would just have to be programmed that the nest follows the dragon pair. I hope I'm making sense.
I do like this idea although I equally like the item that changes a nest's element too. The price seems a little cheap to me? But I guess that would be for the admins to decide.

But one thing with coding that we would have to consider. I don't think our dragons get assigned a specific "nest." Whenever I hatch a nest, all the remaining nests move further up the page. So Dragons A and B start at the bottom nest (Nest 5). Tomorrow, they'll move up (Nest 4) and by the end of the week, they'll be in the first nest (Nest 1). So when it comes to coding, it would just have to be programmed that the nest follows the dragon pair. I hope I'm making sense.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@/gemajgall

I honestly didn't know what to put for the price. lol Personally, I wouldn't want to pay more than 100kt per nest, otherwise, the money back from hatchlings just wouldn't be worth it.

That makes complete sense, and I hadn't even thought of the coding, and how pairs shift up in nests!
@/gemajgall

I honestly didn't know what to put for the price. lol Personally, I wouldn't want to pay more than 100kt per nest, otherwise, the money back from hatchlings just wouldn't be worth it.

That makes complete sense, and I hadn't even thought of the coding, and how pairs shift up in nests!
Support, especially for the nice little lore touch of ""X and Y traveled far to nest! They were blessed with Z eggs." We also need more treasure sinks, and I strongly dislike lending my dragons out for breeding. :)
Support, especially for the nice little lore touch of ""X and Y traveled far to nest! They were blessed with Z eggs." We also need more treasure sinks, and I strongly dislike lending my dragons out for breeding. :)
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Support! The little bit about “These dragons travelled to ____ to nest!” is a cute touch, too. :’)

Since nest lending is unsupported, I’d really love a safe way to get other Flights’ eyes on dragons. Yeah, we can change Flights, but that’s 1500g after the first free change, and there’s a 6-month cooldown. If you’re in Fire but want Wind eyes for one of your projects, that’s 1500g + being stuck in Wind with Wind eyes on all of your pairs for 6 months. That’s very impractical. :(
Support! The little bit about “These dragons travelled to ____ to nest!” is a cute touch, too. :’)

Since nest lending is unsupported, I’d really love a safe way to get other Flights’ eyes on dragons. Yeah, we can change Flights, but that’s 1500g after the first free change, and there’s a 6-month cooldown. If you’re in Fire but want Wind eyes for one of your projects, that’s 1500g + being stuck in Wind with Wind eyes on all of your pairs for 6 months. That’s very impractical. :(
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 3 4