Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Expanding Roundsey: Gachapon sibling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hmm, I'd only support this if there was a strict limit on how often you could play/how much money you could spend. It'd be a fun daily, almost a sort of upgraded Pinkerton. Definitely treasure only.

I don't like the idea of an unlimited amount because there are folks who are really susceptible to gambling urges and it could honestly ruin their FR experience. I don't like Roundsey for this reason too, though at least with her you don't get the instant gratification.

Neopets did Gacha stuff decently with the wheels. They had several tiers of them that were on different time limits. The most expensive one with the fanciest prizes you could only play once a day, and then there were several smaller ones with lower costs/rewards that had shorter cooldowns. That would be an ideal system imo, let people gamble but limit it by time so they don't get on "streaks" and feed the instant gratification monster.

Sure you can say "just don't play/quit while you're ahead" but that's not how addictive personalities work and I think we can be a bit more empathetic than that.
Hmm, I'd only support this if there was a strict limit on how often you could play/how much money you could spend. It'd be a fun daily, almost a sort of upgraded Pinkerton. Definitely treasure only.

I don't like the idea of an unlimited amount because there are folks who are really susceptible to gambling urges and it could honestly ruin their FR experience. I don't like Roundsey for this reason too, though at least with her you don't get the instant gratification.

Neopets did Gacha stuff decently with the wheels. They had several tiers of them that were on different time limits. The most expensive one with the fanciest prizes you could only play once a day, and then there were several smaller ones with lower costs/rewards that had shorter cooldowns. That would be an ideal system imo, let people gamble but limit it by time so they don't get on "streaks" and feed the instant gratification monster.

Sure you can say "just don't play/quit while you're ahead" but that's not how addictive personalities work and I think we can be a bit more empathetic than that.
td9UiZS.png
I'm a sucker for gambling, please give me this, thank.
I'm a sucker for gambling, please give me this, thank.
Tj9jm0X.png bwFw21K.png uJgX9G9.png 4ogWlJU.png
ELWEhez.png
yUgY90m.png
xp0Pzju.png
bhlBVAO.png
ymF86gg.png
support!! i just made a post of this nature, cuz i didn't know there was a post!!
support!! i just made a post of this nature, cuz i didn't know there was a post!!
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
Support, I'd definitely be more willing to spend treasure on this on a regular basis!
Support, I'd definitely be more willing to spend treasure on this on a regular basis!
I have a love hate relationship with gachapon style games. I don't have a healthy relationship with them but they still get their hooks into me a lot.

I think if its as simple as "randomly get a prize, and all prizes in the pool can be obtained elsewhere in the game" its probably fine. its a bit boring but I absolutely don't want a gacha style mechanic to have exclusive prizes, to minimize both the frustration factor and the harm that can be done to people with gambling problems. It absolutely should never involve gems.
I have a love hate relationship with gachapon style games. I don't have a healthy relationship with them but they still get their hooks into me a lot.

I think if its as simple as "randomly get a prize, and all prizes in the pool can be obtained elsewhere in the game" its probably fine. its a bit boring but I absolutely don't want a gacha style mechanic to have exclusive prizes, to minimize both the frustration factor and the harm that can be done to people with gambling problems. It absolutely should never involve gems.
tumblr_inline_p8uk5sITl01qdxu5r_540.giftumblr_p8ubo4fvsj1tcuk4xo1_250.gif
[quote name="Chee" date="2020-07-03 09:33:54" ] I have a love hate relationship with gachapon style games. I don't have a healthy relationship with them but they still get their hooks into me a lot. I think if its as simple as "randomly get a prize, and all prizes in the pool can be obtained elsewhere in the game" its probably fine. its a bit boring but I absolutely don't want a gacha style mechanic to have exclusive prizes, to minimize both the frustration factor and the harm that can be done to people with gambling problems. It absolutely should never involve gems. [/quote] No worries. It's established on the first page of discussion that pulls would [i]always[/i] be treasure and there would only be existing items, nothing new.
Chee wrote on 2020-07-03 09:33:54:

No worries. It's established on the first page of discussion that pulls would always be treasure and there would only be existing items, nothing new.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
:EYES: Big support for this. To be honest I might even play if it was gem based, or you could use gems for a better chance at a rare item!
:EYES: Big support for this. To be honest I might even play if it was gem based, or you could use gems for a better chance at a rare item!
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
Tentative support. I'd support this only if there was a limit to how many times you could play per day - it would make a good new daily. My main problem with gachas is how addictive they can be to some people, and I definitely don't want FR to turn into one of those sites taking advantage of users. I also agree that making it treasure only is absolutely necessary - if FR introduced real-money gambling, especially knowing the site has so many minors, I definitely wouldn't feel as comfortable with the game as a whole.
Tentative support. I'd support this only if there was a limit to how many times you could play per day - it would make a good new daily. My main problem with gachas is how addictive they can be to some people, and I definitely don't want FR to turn into one of those sites taking advantage of users. I also agree that making it treasure only is absolutely necessary - if FR introduced real-money gambling, especially knowing the site has so many minors, I definitely wouldn't feel as comfortable with the game as a whole.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Support for treasure-only, once-a-day limit use of it!

Much like the others, gems are real money and people who have gambling tendencies could get negatively impacted. Treasure can be easy enough to get anyway; no real money needed!

I'd personally love to play it! It'd give me more reason to build up treasure to get a random assortment of goodies; you'd get something anyway, rather than the random "Let's pray I get even one thing" with Roundsey!
Support for treasure-only, once-a-day limit use of it!

Much like the others, gems are real money and people who have gambling tendencies could get negatively impacted. Treasure can be easy enough to get anyway; no real money needed!

I'd personally love to play it! It'd give me more reason to build up treasure to get a random assortment of goodies; you'd get something anyway, rather than the random "Let's pray I get even one thing" with Roundsey!
tentative support, I think it could be fun if there were a limit and it was treasure only. The treasure required should impact the frequency of how much it's offered. Like if staff decide it's 50,000t then maybe once a week and not daily. If it were 5,000, it could be daily.
tentative support, I think it could be fun if there were a limit and it was treasure only. The treasure required should impact the frequency of how much it's offered. Like if staff decide it's 50,000t then maybe once a week and not daily. If it were 5,000, it could be daily.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9