Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring in second hatchling art?
1 2 3 4
I’d like this [b]if[/b]: [list][*]It was an item that could be applied to permababies (and only permababies, not regular hatchlings) to change their pose, meaning that the current hatchling art would still be the “default” for both permababies and nest hatches. [*]Existing permababies [b]are not affected[/b]— especially since the EY scroll costs Gems, it would be awful to change something that people spent real money (or hard-earned site currency) on. We already had a version of this with the eye update, which people are still upset about. Same with the CWE changes (RIP old Seafoam). [*]It wasn’t gender-specific. Most dragons have little to no dimorphism, and hatchlings in particular wouldn’t be mature enough to develop those secondary characteristics anyway, so pose-changing a baby should just be an aesthetic thing. Some of the alternate art for babies- like Mirrors- is literally just “same baby in a different pose”, so locking it into male/female wouldn’t make sense.[/list] Permababies can’t wear skins, so this could be a cute alternative to that. Plus some of the unused baby art is really cute, and I think people would like being able to choose it if they wanted. :0 The permababy pose-change item could be a magic eggshell or something, maybe? Although... not all babies have alternate art, so more artwork would have to be created, which would be a massive undertaking. Plus, if we got that, we might never get hatchling apparel, since the workload would double. :( It’s a cute idea if executed right, but I don’t know how feasible it is. Absolutely no support if existing permababies suddenly have their art changed, though, or if it’s going to be locked into gender. I’d be incredibly upset if my permababies changed on me, or if I could never have another female permababy again because they suddenly changed the hatchling art for that gender 5.5+ years into the game. :/
I’d like this if:
  • It was an item that could be applied to permababies (and only permababies, not regular hatchlings) to change their pose, meaning that the current hatchling art would still be the “default” for both permababies and nest hatches.
  • Existing permababies are not affected— especially since the EY scroll costs Gems, it would be awful to change something that people spent real money (or hard-earned site currency) on. We already had a version of this with the eye update, which people are still upset about. Same with the CWE changes (RIP old Seafoam).
  • It wasn’t gender-specific. Most dragons have little to no dimorphism, and hatchlings in particular wouldn’t be mature enough to develop those secondary characteristics anyway, so pose-changing a baby should just be an aesthetic thing. Some of the alternate art for babies- like Mirrors- is literally just “same baby in a different pose”, so locking it into male/female wouldn’t make sense.

Permababies can’t wear skins, so this could be a cute alternative to that. Plus some of the unused baby art is really cute, and I think people would like being able to choose it if they wanted. :0 The permababy pose-change item could be a magic eggshell or something, maybe?

Although... not all babies have alternate art, so more artwork would have to be created, which would be a massive undertaking. Plus, if we got that, we might never get hatchling apparel, since the workload would double. :( It’s a cute idea if executed right, but I don’t know how feasible it is.

Absolutely no support if existing permababies suddenly have their art changed, though, or if it’s going to be locked into gender. I’d be incredibly upset if my permababies changed on me, or if I could never have another female permababy again because they suddenly changed the hatchling art for that gender 5.5+ years into the game. :/
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I'd love this, but it would be unfair to permababy owners who prefer the current hatchling art, unless they redo the sexually dimorphic poses so we could chose which one showed.
I'd love this, but it would be unfair to permababy owners who prefer the current hatchling art, unless they redo the sexually dimorphic poses so we could chose which one showed.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I wouldn't want people upset over their dragons suddenly changing ;o;
It's not a bad idea, but no support for now! I rather we get clothing for hatchlings.
I wouldn't want people upset over their dragons suddenly changing ;o;
It's not a bad idea, but no support for now! I rather we get clothing for hatchlings.
I've seen this said before, this would be good if a pose change and make the 2nd line art exclusive to the pose change so no hatchlings are changed without the player's consent.
I've seen this said before, this would be good if a pose change and make the 2nd line art exclusive to the pose change so no hatchlings are changed without the player's consent.
I understand how this would be nice but I've spent buttloads of money on my permababies and would HATE to see them changed because they're the wrong gender, so sorry but no support.
I understand how this would be nice but I've spent buttloads of money on my permababies and would HATE to see them changed because they're the wrong gender, so sorry but no support.
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
This would be a pretty neat idea.
Although it having the issue of changing the person's dragon based on their gender, and them liking it as it currently is, this suggestion would be a lot better if there was an option to have the female and male artwork change, but the ability to turn them off at will for a more 'neutral' artwork pose (aka, the ones we have now).
That way it can be a win for people who want new poses, but it can cost more time on the staff.
This would be a pretty neat idea.
Although it having the issue of changing the person's dragon based on their gender, and them liking it as it currently is, this suggestion would be a lot better if there was an option to have the female and male artwork change, but the ability to turn them off at will for a more 'neutral' artwork pose (aka, the ones we have now).
That way it can be a win for people who want new poses, but it can cost more time on the staff.
Tiny about me

ACOZFAh.png
5iXiC8z.png
WBC5JG3.png
mlHpBMC.png
x9eslrx_by_wibr-dd1mhmh.gif
Links

6KQB58c.png
YMPbu9R.png
I'd support this if the person had a choice in whether or not the art changes. Like, when they make a permababy, it includes the different poses they can take on.
I'd support this if the person had a choice in whether or not the art changes. Like, when they make a permababy, it includes the different poses they can take on.
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
1BvAGFb.png
BTRr72z.png
XlHqN6d.png
nWiQNX9.png
M5XJPox.pngIDESRiU.pngInferno-pin-100x100.pngRS4uSiv.pngM5XJPox.png
JvUa9ma.png
uFMfy5S.png
woVoZAh.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4