Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Delete Inactive Accounts or Change UN?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I would say let us delete accounts, but I understand why that's not an option.

I don't agree with the timer thing however, for people who go on long hiatuses and such. That wouldn't be very fair. Yet, I can't think of any other way.

Perhaps give an option to set your account as hiatus? When you go on hiatus, there's a button you can click that sets your account as "on hiatus" so that the timer doesn't delete it. If you're gone for more then a year, then your account is deleted anyways.
I would say let us delete accounts, but I understand why that's not an option.

I don't agree with the timer thing however, for people who go on long hiatuses and such. That wouldn't be very fair. Yet, I can't think of any other way.

Perhaps give an option to set your account as hiatus? When you go on hiatus, there's a button you can click that sets your account as "on hiatus" so that the timer doesn't delete it. If you're gone for more then a year, then your account is deleted anyways.
Smoochs | she/they | Rollover at 3am
b797af3223a93c22cf5aa6dcdf2b139d.gif
No, I think people should have a choice to delete their own accounts, but I will never support the site deleting accounts for any reason.

Around 4 months ago I stumbled upon a dream dragon color combo in forsee progeny, I so desperately wanted it that I scoured the AH and dragon search for that specific combo. I found only 1 active dragon with it on the entire site. In a seemingly dead lair to boot. In desperation I messaged the owner of the dragon hoping they would come back and lo and behold, 4 months later I got a response, and they actually agreed to sell the dragon too me.

But I have no clue how long they'd been gone by that time, it was possible they were gone for a full year. Do you know how devastated I would have been if that account, and that one dragon, the only one left on the site, was deleted? And they came back, I wouldnt even be able to imagine how horrendous the owner would have felt, seeing all their hard work go down the drain, because they needed a break and may have forgotten about the site for a while. Not everyone is going to pay attention to emails from a game, they'll assume its probably promotional stuff and gloss over it. I just can not ever support this, its a horrendous idea.
No, I think people should have a choice to delete their own accounts, but I will never support the site deleting accounts for any reason.

Around 4 months ago I stumbled upon a dream dragon color combo in forsee progeny, I so desperately wanted it that I scoured the AH and dragon search for that specific combo. I found only 1 active dragon with it on the entire site. In a seemingly dead lair to boot. In desperation I messaged the owner of the dragon hoping they would come back and lo and behold, 4 months later I got a response, and they actually agreed to sell the dragon too me.

But I have no clue how long they'd been gone by that time, it was possible they were gone for a full year. Do you know how devastated I would have been if that account, and that one dragon, the only one left on the site, was deleted? And they came back, I wouldnt even be able to imagine how horrendous the owner would have felt, seeing all their hard work go down the drain, because they needed a break and may have forgotten about the site for a while. Not everyone is going to pay attention to emails from a game, they'll assume its probably promotional stuff and gloss over it. I just can not ever support this, its a horrendous idea.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
The only reason I could see to delete inactive accounts would be to free up server space, should that ever become a problem. All other 'problems' actually aren't.

I also do not support taking anything, whether it be dragon, name or items from an inactive account.

I do, however, support users being able to delete their own accounts, with everything from the account being deleted (dragons exalted). If the user wants to give their items/dragons away, they can do so before they delete the account.
The only reason I could see to delete inactive accounts would be to free up server space, should that ever become a problem. All other 'problems' actually aren't.

I also do not support taking anything, whether it be dragon, name or items from an inactive account.

I do, however, support users being able to delete their own accounts, with everything from the account being deleted (dragons exalted). If the user wants to give their items/dragons away, they can do so before they delete the account.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I... don't think that would work. Yes there are people that go on long hiatuses and that's something we can't do anything about. But I don't think it's nice to mess with their user information like that, let alone threaten them with staying on or their account gets deleted. We already work hard enough as is--gene projects, artworks we commission, expensive apparel, the list goes on. We eventually slow down and want to take a break from dragon pixels, and that's okay. Nobody should be forced into it if they don't want to or are not in a good place to

I'd support deleting accounts, but ONLY if the user themselves voluntarily wanted to do so. On top of that, I think it would be even more of a waste of time for the staff to delete someone's account, only for months later that user asking for an appeal. And then there would be drama. LOTS and LOTS of drama surrounding FR staff deleting accounts
Quote:
"BREAKING: My account was deleted. SPAM THEM NOW WITH YOUR HATE"

"My acct was deleted... *sniff*"

"THIS IS WRONG. SUPPORT DRAGON RIGHTS"

"I'M LEAVING THIS SITE IN RETALIATION IF YOU DON'T RETURN [this user's] ACCOUNT NOW"

Get what I mean? Nobody wants drama. Nobody especially wants to be in the middle of drama, and this here would most certainly cause quite a stir.

I'm fine with logging in every day because I get a gem and treasure bonus when I do while keeping up my dragon's energy.

I (and certainly many others) are not fine with logging in every day because we fear we would lose everything we've earned for the last few years since joining

So all and all, no support.
I... don't think that would work. Yes there are people that go on long hiatuses and that's something we can't do anything about. But I don't think it's nice to mess with their user information like that, let alone threaten them with staying on or their account gets deleted. We already work hard enough as is--gene projects, artworks we commission, expensive apparel, the list goes on. We eventually slow down and want to take a break from dragon pixels, and that's okay. Nobody should be forced into it if they don't want to or are not in a good place to

I'd support deleting accounts, but ONLY if the user themselves voluntarily wanted to do so. On top of that, I think it would be even more of a waste of time for the staff to delete someone's account, only for months later that user asking for an appeal. And then there would be drama. LOTS and LOTS of drama surrounding FR staff deleting accounts
Quote:
"BREAKING: My account was deleted. SPAM THEM NOW WITH YOUR HATE"

"My acct was deleted... *sniff*"

"THIS IS WRONG. SUPPORT DRAGON RIGHTS"

"I'M LEAVING THIS SITE IN RETALIATION IF YOU DON'T RETURN [this user's] ACCOUNT NOW"

Get what I mean? Nobody wants drama. Nobody especially wants to be in the middle of drama, and this here would most certainly cause quite a stir.

I'm fine with logging in every day because I get a gem and treasure bonus when I do while keeping up my dragon's energy.

I (and certainly many others) are not fine with logging in every day because we fear we would lose everything we've earned for the last few years since joining

So all and all, no support.
CitL1lh.png yaZ9E.gif
No support on having inactive accounts deleted UNLESS it's voluntary by the player and only if their lair is completely empty. (So dragons don't go to waste cause that's just sad)
However, I kinda do support the idea that if a player is gone for a certain number of days and returns, they should be prompted with a username change. At the same time, I do understand that it may get annoying for the player who had just returned after a long time
No support on having inactive accounts deleted UNLESS it's voluntary by the player and only if their lair is completely empty. (So dragons don't go to waste cause that's just sad)
However, I kinda do support the idea that if a player is gone for a certain number of days and returns, they should be prompted with a username change. At the same time, I do understand that it may get annoying for the player who had just returned after a long time
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o3_100.pngQjJ9i4E.giftumblr_inline_paefnd80ee1r16a5d_540.png
I think for the most part, inactive accounts should just be left alone. Everyone should be able to feel secure in taking an indefinitely long hiatus without worrying about their account being taken away or changed, where they are essentially forced to sign in to avoid it. Not to mention people who have sunk a lot of real money into the site- it would suck for them to find their apparel, familiars, dragons with genes, etc. gone because they were on hiatus and maybe didn't check the old email they used to sign up for FR. Or whatever.

"Wasted" or "rotting" dragons isn't a concern to me either, since 0 energy is the implied default state of a dragon (we aren't penalized for 0 energy, instead rewarded for high energy) so dragons left on an inactive account are fine there. There are lots of players that are active and still don't feed their dragons, so they would be no different than that.

The only thing I can support is investigation towards accounts that were abandoned at creation; that is, accounts that were made with a username, but without a flight chosen, progens created, etc. Even then, they're only taking up a username. And there are plenty username options out there, so if the one you want is taken, you can pick a new one.
I think for the most part, inactive accounts should just be left alone. Everyone should be able to feel secure in taking an indefinitely long hiatus without worrying about their account being taken away or changed, where they are essentially forced to sign in to avoid it. Not to mention people who have sunk a lot of real money into the site- it would suck for them to find their apparel, familiars, dragons with genes, etc. gone because they were on hiatus and maybe didn't check the old email they used to sign up for FR. Or whatever.

"Wasted" or "rotting" dragons isn't a concern to me either, since 0 energy is the implied default state of a dragon (we aren't penalized for 0 energy, instead rewarded for high energy) so dragons left on an inactive account are fine there. There are lots of players that are active and still don't feed their dragons, so they would be no different than that.

The only thing I can support is investigation towards accounts that were abandoned at creation; that is, accounts that were made with a username, but without a flight chosen, progens created, etc. Even then, they're only taking up a username. And there are plenty username options out there, so if the one you want is taken, you can pick a new one.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
[quote name="Brewster" date="2018-10-18 19:39:17" ] I think for the most part, inactive accounts should just be left alone. Everyone should be able to feel secure in taking an indefinitely long hiatus without worrying about their account being taken away or changed, where they are essentially forced to sign in to avoid it. Not to mention people who have sunk a lot of real money into the site- it would suck for them to find their apparel, familiars, dragons with genes, etc. gone because they were on hiatus and maybe didn't check the old email they used to sign up for FR. Or whatever. "Wasted" or "rotting" dragons isn't a concern to me either, since 0 energy is the implied default state of a dragon (we aren't penalized for 0 energy, instead rewarded for high energy) so dragons left on an inactive account are fine there. There are lots of players that are active and still don't feed their dragons, so they would be no different than that. The only thing I can support is investigation towards accounts that were abandoned at creation; that is, accounts that were made with a username, but without a flight chosen, progens created, etc. Even then, they're only taking up a username. And there are plenty username options out there, so if the one you want is taken, you can pick a new one. [/quote] Personally, I feel that all inactive accounts should be left alone, whether abandoned at creation or not. As I said, I have heard of people who will go onto various sites and create accounts so that that particular username can't be used. Not to be mean, but because they are very well known in a community similar to the site and they don't want someone else to pretend to be them, or for users to think that the person who is using that account IS them. This type of confusion has actually happened. Not going to name names, but there are two sites that people swear are owned by the same person. That person has a very common word as an UN (or had) on the first site. On the second site, there is a person with that exact same word. The person on the second site was treated as if they were the person on the first site. As far as I Know, they aren't. I believe they have cleared that bit up, but still, for a while, people were reacting to them as if they were the other person. In this case, it went against the second person, because the first person wasn't really liked. I odn't know how common this is, but I can see people who *need* to maintain a good reputation (people who regularly do business with a specific type of community) doing this to make sure that no one else can harm their reputation. Plus, without knowing why that person quit at that point, we can't tell whether or not they will ever come back (yes, it is unlikely but not entirely beyond the realm of possibility that they will come back). I know with Furvilla Beta, there were users who were snagging UNs as soon as they could, and then left the site, because they didn't really want to participate in beta, but they wanted to make sure they had the UN they wanted when they decided to come back to the site. Some of them actually DID come back near the end of beta, or just after beta ended. Others might have come back since. Still others might still be waiting. To me, when there are just so many different words and combinations of letters out there, there really is no good reason to take UNs from accounts. I could see if those accounts are causing problems because of server space, but even then, since the only thing people want changed are the UNs, they should still take up just as much space.
Brewster wrote on 2018-10-18 19:39:17:

Personally, I feel that all inactive accounts should be left alone, whether abandoned at creation or not.

As I said, I have heard of people who will go onto various sites and create accounts so that that particular username can't be used. Not to be mean, but because they are very well known in a community similar to the site and they don't want someone else to pretend to be them, or for users to think that the person who is using that account IS them.

This type of confusion has actually happened. Not going to name names, but there are two sites that people swear are owned by the same person. That person has a very common word as an UN (or had) on the first site. On the second site, there is a person with that exact same word. The person on the second site was treated as if they were the person on the first site. As far as I Know, they aren't. I believe they have cleared that bit up, but still, for a while, people were reacting to them as if they were the other person. In this case, it went against the second person, because the first person wasn't really liked.

I odn't know how common this is, but I can see people who *need* to maintain a good reputation (people who regularly do business with a specific type of community) doing this to make sure that no one else can harm their reputation.

Plus, without knowing why that person quit at that point, we can't tell whether or not they will ever come back (yes, it is unlikely but not entirely beyond the realm of possibility that they will come back). I know with Furvilla Beta, there were users who were snagging UNs as soon as they could, and then left the site, because they didn't really want to participate in beta, but they wanted to make sure they had the UN they wanted when they decided to come back to the site. Some of them actually DID come back near the end of beta, or just after beta ended. Others might have come back since. Still others might still be waiting.

To me, when there are just so many different words and combinations of letters out there, there really is no good reason to take UNs from accounts. I could see if those accounts are causing problems because of server space, but even then, since the only thing people want changed are the UNs, they should still take up just as much space.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support.

I think being able to delete your own account would be useful and I support account name changes being free (or at least cheaper) but don't mess with the accounts of people who might come back.

I left Flight Rising for over a year and have only recently come back, I'd be really annoyed if staff messed with or deleted my account because I might not have come back. When I joined the sight, there was never any warning that I'd lose my account just because I was inactive for a while, you can't add something like that now, especially when warning emails can easily be missed or end up in junk.
No support.

I think being able to delete your own account would be useful and I support account name changes being free (or at least cheaper) but don't mess with the accounts of people who might come back.

I left Flight Rising for over a year and have only recently come back, I'd be really annoyed if staff messed with or deleted my account because I might not have come back. When I joined the sight, there was never any warning that I'd lose my account just because I was inactive for a while, you can't add something like that now, especially when warning emails can easily be missed or end up in junk.
Stuffed Mith Craft Creature Exotic Arcanist Idol Flowering Vulpine Plushie Kelp Tender Plush
I absolutely 100000% do not support this.

When I went to change my username, I wanted to go with UsagiChan. Sadly, that name is taken by a person with two dragons in their lair who both have 0 energy. You know what I did? Added a letter to my UN. I saw others had added numbers to their names. It's not that big of a deal to add letters or numbers to make a unique username. It would be a very big deal to change someone's username just because you wanted it -- that is selfish and entitled behavior, and you aren't owed something just because someone else may not be using the account now or ever.
I absolutely 100000% do not support this.

When I went to change my username, I wanted to go with UsagiChan. Sadly, that name is taken by a person with two dragons in their lair who both have 0 energy. You know what I did? Added a letter to my UN. I saw others had added numbers to their names. It's not that big of a deal to add letters or numbers to make a unique username. It would be a very big deal to change someone's username just because you wanted it -- that is selfish and entitled behavior, and you aren't owed something just because someone else may not be using the account now or ever.
No support for admins deleting inactive users. I know many people who go on long hiatuses (myself included) and I don't want to be punished for that.

plus, wouldn't that mean the dieties should be banned too
No support for admins deleting inactive users. I know many people who go on long hiatuses (myself included) and I don't want to be punished for that.

plus, wouldn't that mean the dieties should be banned too
UwUnl7O.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8