Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deactivate Account
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Support! To be honest I've been mildly addicted to online or mobile games before. When I noticed that I spent too much time there, I deleted the accounts to get rid of distractions (for example during finals). No need to think about starving dragons or missed updates.

I also agree that sometimes you simply want to get rid of an online presence. That way you can let others know that you're gone and won't return. You can also erease all personal data at once.
Support! To be honest I've been mildly addicted to online or mobile games before. When I noticed that I spent too much time there, I deleted the accounts to get rid of distractions (for example during finals). No need to think about starving dragons or missed updates.

I also agree that sometimes you simply want to get rid of an online presence. That way you can let others know that you're gone and won't return. You can also erease all personal data at once.
hnTz61J.png7ChmKWg.pngD6HJ1f0.pngcaX19pV.pngG6nKgD0.png
I keep seeing abuse come up. New features can usually always get abused, depending on what they are... as can old features.
I keep seeing abuse come up. New features can usually always get abused, depending on what they are... as can old features.
1550200768301.png 1550941667954.png 1550191311250.png
[quote name="GrimTheReaper" date="2018-06-11 06:24:31" ] I keep seeing abuse come up. New features can usually always get abused, depending on what they are... as can old features. [/quote] Yes, they can, which is why precautions should be thought of before and put in place before such features are added. Just because something can get abused, doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it. That is why I listed the ideas I felt would help prevent abuse of an account deactivation system in my first post. To put the idea out there that this COULD be abused. Also, one more thought. The account deletion mode has to be more than a simple day. This could be easily abused by playing for a while, and when the user wants to join another flight, they deactivate their accounts and potentially send all their items/dragons to friends and then the next day create a new account in the flight they want and get all their items and dragons back. This could be easily used to get around the 6 month cooldown AND the gem cost for changing flights. While users can simply create new accounts in the new flights NOW, that is multiaccounting and against the rules. Since this idea was to allow users to then create a new account at some point later down the line, this would mean those users would technically not be breaking any of the rules by doing this. Plus, as stated previously, the 6 months is to allow players who might be without internet for months the ability to make sure that their accounts don't get deleted without their permission. They would have 6 months to prevent someone from (since it goes to an email account) maliciously deleting their accounts. (and yes, I can easily see it happening) Abuse can still happen even without this, but usually the players have a way to get things back. (such as being able to recover a lost password) This would also give players 6 months to make sure that they are okay with deleting everything.
GrimTheReaper wrote on 2018-06-11 06:24:31:
Yes, they can, which is why precautions should be thought of before and put in place before such features are added.

Just because something can get abused, doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it.

That is why I listed the ideas I felt would help prevent abuse of an account deactivation system in my first post. To put the idea out there that this COULD be abused.

Also, one more thought. The account deletion mode has to be more than a simple day. This could be easily abused by playing for a while, and when the user wants to join another flight, they deactivate their accounts and potentially send all their items/dragons to friends and then the next day create a new account in the flight they want and get all their items and dragons back.

This could be easily used to get around the 6 month cooldown AND the gem cost for changing flights. While users can simply create new accounts in the new flights NOW, that is multiaccounting and against the rules. Since this idea was to allow users to then create a new account at some point later down the line, this would mean those users would technically not be breaking any of the rules by doing this.

Plus, as stated previously, the 6 months is to allow players who might be without internet for months the ability to make sure that their accounts don't get deleted without their permission. They would have 6 months to prevent someone from (since it goes to an email account) maliciously deleting their accounts. (and yes, I can easily see it happening) Abuse can still happen even without this, but usually the players have a way to get things back. (such as being able to recover a lost password)

This would also give players 6 months to make sure that they are okay with deleting everything.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="demitri" date="2018-06-11 01:48:35" ] thank you for perfectly explaining this. as a person from a european country, full support. this is within our rights as users, plus almost every other site nowadays offers account deletion anyway. even now multi accounting is the only way for users to restart so it wouldn't change that, especially if given a 6 months limbo period. i don't think the account should be accessible for those 6 months at all tbh, and if you log back in its the same as reactivation. that'll stop people from abusing the feature. [/quote] Yeah I don't get how some websites don't understand this considering I am like a layman with no particularly strong knowledge of legal dealings and can understand this perfectly. And I agree with log ins during the limbo period reactivating accounts. It is a good way to make sure anyone who decides they want their account back within that time can and would prevent the potential abuse that everyone here seems to think is more important than the actual law
demitri wrote on 2018-06-11 01:48:35:
thank you for perfectly explaining this.

as a person from a european country, full support. this is within our rights as users, plus almost every other site nowadays offers account deletion anyway. even now multi accounting is the only way for users to restart so it wouldn't change that, especially if given a 6 months limbo period.

i don't think the account should be accessible for those 6 months at all tbh, and if you log back in its the same as reactivation. that'll stop people from abusing the feature.
Yeah I don't get how some websites don't understand this considering I am like a layman with no particularly strong knowledge of legal dealings and can understand this perfectly.

And I agree with log ins during the limbo period reactivating accounts. It is a good way to make sure anyone who decides they want their account back within that time can and would prevent the potential abuse that everyone here seems to think is more important than the actual law
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
[quote name="Primax" date="2018-06-11 11:39:44" ] [quote name="demitri" date="2018-06-11 01:48:35" ] thank you for perfectly explaining this. as a person from a european country, full support. this is within our rights as users, plus almost every other site nowadays offers account deletion anyway. even now multi accounting is the only way for users to restart so it wouldn't change that, especially if given a 6 months limbo period. i don't think the account should be accessible for those 6 months at all tbh, and if you log back in its the same as reactivation. that'll stop people from abusing the feature. [/quote] Yeah I don't get how some websites don't understand this considering I am like a layman with no particularly strong knowledge of legal dealings and can understand this perfectly. And I agree with log ins during the limbo period reactivating accounts. It is a good way to make sure anyone who decides they want their account back within that time can and would prevent the potential abuse that everyone here seems to think is more important than the actual law [/quote] The only reason I mentioned that the announcements forum should be available was so that users could see if something interesting has been introduced that might get them interested again. Since FR doesn't have a news page per se where users can see the entire news post, I felt that being able to read the announcement threads would be beneficial to those who might quit because of lack of progress on their preferred mechanic (such as adventure mode) but then they see that adventure mode has come out in that six month limbo.
Primax wrote on 2018-06-11 11:39:44:
demitri wrote on 2018-06-11 01:48:35:
thank you for perfectly explaining this.

as a person from a european country, full support. this is within our rights as users, plus almost every other site nowadays offers account deletion anyway. even now multi accounting is the only way for users to restart so it wouldn't change that, especially if given a 6 months limbo period.

i don't think the account should be accessible for those 6 months at all tbh, and if you log back in its the same as reactivation. that'll stop people from abusing the feature.
Yeah I don't get how some websites don't understand this considering I am like a layman with no particularly strong knowledge of legal dealings and can understand this perfectly.

And I agree with log ins during the limbo period reactivating accounts. It is a good way to make sure anyone who decides they want their account back within that time can and would prevent the potential abuse that everyone here seems to think is more important than the actual law
The only reason I mentioned that the announcements forum should be available was so that users could see if something interesting has been introduced that might get them interested again. Since FR doesn't have a news page per se where users can see the entire news post, I felt that being able to read the announcement threads would be beneficial to those who might quit because of lack of progress on their preferred mechanic (such as adventure mode) but then they see that adventure mode has come out in that six month limbo.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-06-11 06:37:57" ] [quote name="GrimTheReaper" date="2018-06-11 06:24:31" ] I keep seeing abuse come up. New features can usually always get abused, depending on what they are... as can old features. [/quote] Yes, they can, which is why precautions should be thought of before and put in place before such features are added. Just because something can get abused, doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it. [/quote] I mainly was pointing out that new features are usually possible to abuse, and while steps should be taken against that, it shouldn't prevent the feature from being implemented at all.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-06-11 06:37:57:
Yes, they can, which is why precautions should be thought of before and put in place before such features are added.

Just because something can get abused, doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it.

I mainly was pointing out that new features are usually possible to abuse, and while steps should be taken against that, it shouldn't prevent the feature from being implemented at all.
1550200768301.png 1550941667954.png 1550191311250.png
[quote name="GrimTheReaper" date="2018-06-11 16:31:20" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-06-11 06:37:57" ] [quote name="GrimTheReaper" date="2018-06-11 06:24:31" ] I keep seeing abuse come up. New features can usually always get abused, depending on what they are... as can old features. [/quote] Yes, they can, which is why precautions should be thought of before and put in place before such features are added. Just because something can get abused, doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it. [/quote] I mainly was pointing out that new features are usually possible to abuse, and while steps should be taken against that, it shouldn't prevent the feature from being implemented at all. [/quote] Ah okay.
GrimTheReaper wrote on 2018-06-11 16:31:20:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-06-11 06:37:57:

I mainly was pointing out that new features are usually possible to abuse, and while steps should be taken against that, it shouldn't prevent the feature from being implemented at all.
Ah okay.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
My guess is that account deleting is not possible because if the dragons in said accounts disappeared, that would mess up lineages.

That said, proposed solution:
Either all the dragons in the account are exalted upon deletion (not affecting dom since we might get people creating accounts just to do that)

OR

Only automatically exalt the progens in this manner (since progens can't be traded), while the REST of the dragons go into a "wild dragon" or whatever pool, where users can visit and adopt homeless dragons for a fee.
Said fee should ideally be more than the dragon would be worth as fodder (I'm thinking 50kt per dragon, possibly can vary based on genes and breed) so that fodder purchases still benefit breeders.
And importantly, if someone deleting their account DIDN'T want their dragons purchased in this way, they could just exalt them before they delete their account. Obviously this should be brought up to them when they are about to delete their account.
My guess is that account deleting is not possible because if the dragons in said accounts disappeared, that would mess up lineages.

Either all the dragons in the account are exalted upon deletion (not affecting dom since we might get people creating accounts just to do that)

OR

Only automatically exalt the progens in this manner (since progens can't be traded), while the REST of the dragons go into a "wild dragon" or whatever pool, where users can visit and adopt homeless dragons for a fee.
Said fee should ideally be more than the dragon would be worth as fodder (I'm thinking 50kt per dragon, possibly can vary based on genes and breed) so that fodder purchases still benefit breeders.
And importantly, if someone deleting their account DIDN'T want their dragons purchased in this way, they could just exalt them before they delete their account. Obviously this should be brought up to them when they are about to delete their account.
[quote name="Churrell" date="2018-06-12 11:27:13" ] My guess is that account deleting is not possible because if the dragons in said accounts disappeared, that would mess up lineages. That said, proposed solution: Either all the dragons in the account are exalted upon deletion (not affecting dom since we might get people creating accounts just to do that) OR Only automatically exalt the progens in this manner (since progens can't be traded), while the REST of the dragons go into a "wild dragon" or whatever pool, where users can visit and adopt homeless dragons for a fee. Said fee should ideally be more than the dragon would be worth as fodder (I'm thinking 50kt per dragon, possibly can vary based on genes and breed) so that fodder purchases still benefit breeders. And importantly, if someone deleting their account DIDN'T want their dragons purchased in this way, they could just exalt them before they delete their account. Obviously this should be brought up to them when they are about to delete their account. [/quote] All dragons should simply be exalted upon account deletion as well as all items deleted. There shouldn't be any sort of 'selling of the dragons' because, conversely, if the users wanted their dragons sold, they could have easily have done so when before they hit the account deletion.
Churrell wrote on 2018-06-12 11:27:13:

OR

All dragons should simply be exalted upon account deletion as well as all items deleted.

There shouldn't be any sort of 'selling of the dragons' because, conversely, if the users wanted their dragons sold, they could have easily have done so when before they hit the account deletion.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
Yes but it can take time to sell a dragon, even at a low price, and presumably people wouldn't want to wait for that while deleting an account. This way it would be a choice, without the commitment of staying around to sell one's dragons.
Yes but it can take time to sell a dragon, even at a low price, and presumably people wouldn't want to wait for that while deleting an account. This way it would be a choice, without the commitment of staying around to sell one's dragons.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7