Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | default to Realm-Wide Auctions in AH
While I love the new AH, it's a bit annoying to have to do an extra click to go to Realm-Wide Auctions every time, when I've never wanted to go anywhere else.

It seems like Flight and Private Auctions get very little use, so I think it would make sense to just go to Realm-Wide Auctions by default (both when buying and when selling), and add links for switching to the Flight/Private sections (similar to the "Buy | Sell" links under the AH page title).
While I love the new AH, it's a bit annoying to have to do an extra click to go to Realm-Wide Auctions every time, when I've never wanted to go anywhere else.

It seems like Flight and Private Auctions get very little use, so I think it would make sense to just go to Realm-Wide Auctions by default (both when buying and when selling), and add links for switching to the Flight/Private sections (similar to the "Buy | Sell" links under the AH page title).
Unsure. While yes that click is annoying too (but others are much worse) the page serves a purpose on newbies which would likely not find out about the other two auctions without it. We see loads of suggestions, help and bug posts that kind of proove many newbies are unaware of 'hidden' features like the vault. Having the auction house parts treated the same might be a problem at least until we get a better tutorial.
Unsure. While yes that click is annoying too (but others are much worse) the page serves a purpose on newbies which would likely not find out about the other two auctions without it. We see loads of suggestions, help and bug posts that kind of proove many newbies are unaware of 'hidden' features like the vault. Having the auction house parts treated the same might be a problem at least until we get a better tutorial.
@Ismaiel But the "Food | Materials | Apparel | Dragons | Familiars | Battle | Skins | Specialty | Other" choice in the AH is just a list of links under the page title instead of having its own landing page, and newbies not realizing that exists would be much more of a problem.

Honestly, as far as I can tell people barely use the Flight/Private AH sections at all except for Dom coordination, which is something newbies have to learn on the forums about anyway, so even if they don't realize the other AH sections exist, I don't think they'll be missing much, unlike the Vault.

Having a better tutorial would definitely be good, but I think this makes sense even without one.
@Ismaiel But the "Food | Materials | Apparel | Dragons | Familiars | Battle | Skins | Specialty | Other" choice in the AH is just a list of links under the page title instead of having its own landing page, and newbies not realizing that exists would be much more of a problem.

Honestly, as far as I can tell people barely use the Flight/Private AH sections at all except for Dom coordination, which is something newbies have to learn on the forums about anyway, so even if they don't realize the other AH sections exist, I don't think they'll be missing much, unlike the Vault.

Having a better tutorial would definitely be good, but I think this makes sense even without one.
Kinda uncertain but no support if I must decide only yes or no.

While the Shadow-only AH gets the most use during the weeks we have Dom pushes, removing the link kinda "hides" it and only strengthens the problem of no one using it. The same thing with PAs - I can get hundreds of PAs during pushes, so yes, it is the most used for Dom. But it is also used for buying and selling other things, like accents or items, so removing the link would be a little confusing because an option would just randomly appear in the sell screen that wasn't anywhere before.
Kinda uncertain but no support if I must decide only yes or no.

While the Shadow-only AH gets the most use during the weeks we have Dom pushes, removing the link kinda "hides" it and only strengthens the problem of no one using it. The same thing with PAs - I can get hundreds of PAs during pushes, so yes, it is the most used for Dom. But it is also used for buying and selling other things, like accents or items, so removing the link would be a little confusing because an option would just randomly appear in the sell screen that wasn't anywhere before.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Super strong support. The AH's UI is such a pain when you're using it often or are trying to be fast.

Alternatively, have cookies to remember the last AH the user accessed and default to that one. New user sees buttons, old user who uses AH all the time doesn't have to see buttons. Maybe include a 'back' button that takes you back to the enormous-buttons screen.

Alternatively, replace the buy/sell links under the name of the current auction house with links to the other AHs, and then make the buttons on the right take you directly to the buy/sell of the AH you're already viewing (no dropdown.)

Also maybe make the 'keep expanded' checkbox remember your last setting.
Super strong support. The AH's UI is such a pain when you're using it often or are trying to be fast.

Alternatively, have cookies to remember the last AH the user accessed and default to that one. New user sees buttons, old user who uses AH all the time doesn't have to see buttons. Maybe include a 'back' button that takes you back to the enormous-buttons screen.

Alternatively, replace the buy/sell links under the name of the current auction house with links to the other AHs, and then make the buttons on the right take you directly to the buy/sell of the AH you're already viewing (no dropdown.)

Also maybe make the 'keep expanded' checkbox remember your last setting.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
Yes please. That additional click is annoying, I use PA only during dom pushes and flight ones... almost never. The link to the other auctions is right there anyway, so getting to flight/PA will take the same one click via dropdown menu.
Yes please. That additional click is annoying, I use PA only during dom pushes and flight ones... almost never. The link to the other auctions is right there anyway, so getting to flight/PA will take the same one click via dropdown menu.