Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gift basket items?
I don't know if the coding for openable items would allow for this, but IF IT DOES I would love to see a few items that function like chests but are fillable by users (i.e. user 1 places some food, apparel, and materials in the item, sends it to user 2, and user 2 opens it just like a chest and gets to see what's inside). There could be a few different baskets with different visual themes! :)

If this isn't possible because of how the openable item coding works, I'm NOT suggesting we overhaul the system entirely and implement it. I simply wanted to bring it up in case the coding WOULD allow for something like this!
I don't know if the coding for openable items would allow for this, but IF IT DOES I would love to see a few items that function like chests but are fillable by users (i.e. user 1 places some food, apparel, and materials in the item, sends it to user 2, and user 2 opens it just like a chest and gets to see what's inside). There could be a few different baskets with different visual themes! :)

If this isn't possible because of how the openable item coding works, I'm NOT suggesting we overhaul the system entirely and implement it. I simply wanted to bring it up in case the coding WOULD allow for something like this!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
This has come up before, and I support it.

However, I do not think they should be sellable on the AH because they could easily be used to scam someone. IE, take a set that is very popular, but hard to get the full set. Price the basket right below full set price. NAme the basket like it has the full set, when in reality it is one item off, or has a similiar, but cheaper, item in the place of the missing piece. Even with the ability to potentially 'look into' the basket, this can be a very easy thng to miss, especially for those who have been looking for that last piece for ages (or wants the entire set)

Same thing could happen with other items to, it is just potentially more likely with apparel as that is something players tend to want full sets of.

However, being sent through the crossroads (different from AH as there is no 'hurry' to get the item before it is sniped) or PM would be great, especially if they were 'customizable'.

By Customizable I mean being able to craft/find/buy (for baskets specifically since you mention that) different bows that could be used for different things (a pink bow tied in a heart shape around the handle could be for V-days, while a bow with balloons could be a birthday themed, etc... They could have flight themed bows, or even baskets) different 'skins' for the baskets that could be used to send it, sort of like wrapping paper. Each one could be used for whatever that person wanted, so no one would be locked into sending a 'birthday present' by using the one with bows if they wanted it to be a 'happy FRanniversary' present.

However, I think this would require coding its own area, as I don't think the chests coding could be used. IT would need coding for a user being able to place items (which must have a limit as to how many to prevent people sending hundreds of items in one basket), keep that list of items, and be unique to that particular basket, then allow a user to open said basket later and recieve the items.
This has come up before, and I support it.

However, I do not think they should be sellable on the AH because they could easily be used to scam someone. IE, take a set that is very popular, but hard to get the full set. Price the basket right below full set price. NAme the basket like it has the full set, when in reality it is one item off, or has a similiar, but cheaper, item in the place of the missing piece. Even with the ability to potentially 'look into' the basket, this can be a very easy thng to miss, especially for those who have been looking for that last piece for ages (or wants the entire set)

Same thing could happen with other items to, it is just potentially more likely with apparel as that is something players tend to want full sets of.

However, being sent through the crossroads (different from AH as there is no 'hurry' to get the item before it is sniped) or PM would be great, especially if they were 'customizable'.

By Customizable I mean being able to craft/find/buy (for baskets specifically since you mention that) different bows that could be used for different things (a pink bow tied in a heart shape around the handle could be for V-days, while a bow with balloons could be a birthday themed, etc... They could have flight themed bows, or even baskets) different 'skins' for the baskets that could be used to send it, sort of like wrapping paper. Each one could be used for whatever that person wanted, so no one would be locked into sending a 'birthday present' by using the one with bows if they wanted it to be a 'happy FRanniversary' present.

However, I think this would require coding its own area, as I don't think the chests coding could be used. IT would need coding for a user being able to place items (which must have a limit as to how many to prevent people sending hundreds of items in one basket), keep that list of items, and be unique to that particular basket, then allow a user to open said basket later and recieve the items.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png