Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Marva Lore Event
I know we have recurring holidays like NotN and the Flight Festivals but I thought it would be really cool to have an event where the elusive Marva is finally revealed. We already see her around on April Fool's day (or at least, have things from her) so why not include an actual event where she's "revealed"
You could have a swipp-style trade set up where you collect things for her in exchange for her magical goodies, and maybe have similar trick chests like the mimics. I thought it would be a fun way to implement more lore and also expand on events and get players involved. Giving people actual goals in events, rather than just endless grinding, is a great way to get people interested in things, and Marva seems like a pretty cool character who would have interesting apparel, familiars, etc.

perhaps you have to solve a riddle to find the recipe for the trade, some of which can only be found by gathering in certain flights?
I know we have recurring holidays like NotN and the Flight Festivals but I thought it would be really cool to have an event where the elusive Marva is finally revealed. We already see her around on April Fool's day (or at least, have things from her) so why not include an actual event where she's "revealed"
You could have a swipp-style trade set up where you collect things for her in exchange for her magical goodies, and maybe have similar trick chests like the mimics. I thought it would be a fun way to implement more lore and also expand on events and get players involved. Giving people actual goals in events, rather than just endless grinding, is a great way to get people interested in things, and Marva seems like a pretty cool character who would have interesting apparel, familiars, etc.

perhaps you have to solve a riddle to find the recipe for the trade, some of which can only be found by gathering in certain flights?
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
I worry it would be too much like NotN, though why not just add Marva to NotN then?
I worry it would be too much like NotN, though why not just add Marva to NotN then?
@wittykitsune is marva a shadow dragon even? (i honestly don't know). but with notn there's still no real goals. its just grind the coli, or buy apparel, or brew for stuff.
i was thinking it would function more like crims and swipp's, where you trade a certain amount of stacks for exclusive marva stuff that only shows up once a year.
besides, why not have more lore events, or at least add more things to the current events at the moment they're pretty stale and you just do the same things over and over again, with the exception of user-run events.
@wittykitsune is marva a shadow dragon even? (i honestly don't know). but with notn there's still no real goals. its just grind the coli, or buy apparel, or brew for stuff.
i was thinking it would function more like crims and swipp's, where you trade a certain amount of stacks for exclusive marva stuff that only shows up once a year.
besides, why not have more lore events, or at least add more things to the current events at the moment they're pretty stale and you just do the same things over and over again, with the exception of user-run events.
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
Personally, I feel Marva should be left in April Fools. Sure add more lore to her but don't create an event entirely around her. Maybe expand what needs to be done on April Fools (not for the initial items given out, but perhaps if you want more right away, you have to solve some riddles or do some minor quests)

I also agree that more 'work together' site wide events would be great, but I do NOT want more annual events. Those tend to get stale quickly because they come back every year, even with new items etc.. The ones we have now are fine.

With NotN, there aren't supposed to be goals, as it is supposed to be an event where players don't feel obligated to grind endlessly (they still do) and thus have more time to spend with family/school/whatever people want to do around this time of year.
Personally, I feel Marva should be left in April Fools. Sure add more lore to her but don't create an event entirely around her. Maybe expand what needs to be done on April Fools (not for the initial items given out, but perhaps if you want more right away, you have to solve some riddles or do some minor quests)

I also agree that more 'work together' site wide events would be great, but I do NOT want more annual events. Those tend to get stale quickly because they come back every year, even with new items etc.. The ones we have now are fine.

With NotN, there aren't supposed to be goals, as it is supposed to be an event where players don't feel obligated to grind endlessly (they still do) and thus have more time to spend with family/school/whatever people want to do around this time of year.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm semi on the fence about this, but I think something like an April Fools 'Marva Quest' line as part of the adventure/explore feature whenever it eventually gets added could be an interesting compromise. Only available once a year (maybe the whole week of AF to give time to complete them?) to keep the April Fools exclusivity, but the quests themselves give us more Marva lore/backstory/whatever as you go through the questline.

Not only gives us both goals and more site lore to play with, it also keeps that "event" feel by being limited to a specific time of year without being an actual event much like a lot of other pet sites with exploration/quests have holiday quests only available during their specific times.

(It's also a good way to involve the feature in flight festivals or other Sornieth exclusive holidays in the future as well, with flight festival specific questlines only available during their respective festival, etc. And it doesn't have to only be used for Marva or flight lore, there could be all sorts of quests year round that provide little tidbits of information as you work through them. A quest for an NPC gathering dragon for example, who tells you a bit about the plants he has you gather.)
I'm semi on the fence about this, but I think something like an April Fools 'Marva Quest' line as part of the adventure/explore feature whenever it eventually gets added could be an interesting compromise. Only available once a year (maybe the whole week of AF to give time to complete them?) to keep the April Fools exclusivity, but the quests themselves give us more Marva lore/backstory/whatever as you go through the questline.

Not only gives us both goals and more site lore to play with, it also keeps that "event" feel by being limited to a specific time of year without being an actual event much like a lot of other pet sites with exploration/quests have holiday quests only available during their specific times.

(It's also a good way to involve the feature in flight festivals or other Sornieth exclusive holidays in the future as well, with flight festival specific questlines only available during their respective festival, etc. And it doesn't have to only be used for Marva or flight lore, there could be all sorts of quests year round that provide little tidbits of information as you work through them. A quest for an NPC gathering dragon for example, who tells you a bit about the plants he has you gather.)
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)