Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | exalting giving festival currencies
1 2
Tbh I think this might be better for the game than brewing currency? idle + just a minor item sink vs active + a dragon sink
Tbh I think this might be better for the game than brewing currency? idle + just a minor item sink vs active + a dragon sink
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
[quote name="quinnelope" date=2017-12-12 11:59:59] @DragonSage Whoops, true. It still doesn't make much sense to connect exalted dragons to other flight's holidays. [/quote] Yeah you make a good point, it could maybe be a small bonus to that flight during their god's holiday? Though honestly I feel like it could also be a separation between gameplay and lore just for the sake of having a good game. [quote name="Inkdeer" date=2017-12-12 12:10:07] Tbh I think this might be better for the game than brewing currency? idle + just a minor item sink vs active + a dragon sink [/quote] I think it seems like a better idea myself, now that I know brewing currency is a thing. Brewing currency seems like a great way to make festival currency and items absolutely worthless. >>
quinnelope wrote on 2017-12-12:
@DragonSage

Whoops, true. It still doesn't make much sense to connect exalted dragons to other flight's holidays.

Yeah you make a good point, it could maybe be a small bonus to that flight during their god's holiday? Though honestly I feel like it could also be a separation between gameplay and lore just for the sake of having a good game.
Inkdeer wrote on 2017-12-12:

I think it seems like a better idea myself, now that I know brewing currency is a thing. Brewing currency seems like a great way to make festival currency and items absolutely worthless. >>

@AbsoluteBlue

But brewing currency also means that people don't have to spend a week slaving away in the coliseum being bored out of their minds.

I mean, I've been here since 2013 and I've been playing every day since I joined. I'm done with grinding for currency. I did it every month for two years and I'm sick of it. It's tedious and it screws with my wrist, requiring me to wear a brace.

Festival items are worthless anyway, with or without brewing currency, because they no longer retire. The number is no longer finite after a festival, so more will be introduced after anyway, regardless of how many are bought during the festival.

Currency brewing isn't new. It's been a thing since July 2015. To take it away now would be a really silly idea, especially if it was to be replaced with an exalt system that gave currency instead of brewing, whereby levelled dragons would probably be worth more currency than unlevelled ones.

That means more time in the sodding coliseum. No. 8| Worst idea ever.
@AbsoluteBlue

But brewing currency also means that people don't have to spend a week slaving away in the coliseum being bored out of their minds.

I mean, I've been here since 2013 and I've been playing every day since I joined. I'm done with grinding for currency. I did it every month for two years and I'm sick of it. It's tedious and it screws with my wrist, requiring me to wear a brace.

Festival items are worthless anyway, with or without brewing currency, because they no longer retire. The number is no longer finite after a festival, so more will be introduced after anyway, regardless of how many are bought during the festival.

Currency brewing isn't new. It's been a thing since July 2015. To take it away now would be a really silly idea, especially if it was to be replaced with an exalt system that gave currency instead of brewing, whereby levelled dragons would probably be worth more currency than unlevelled ones.

byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
no support. i don't exalt and neither do a lot of people. we'd be at a huge disadvantage because of it. currency from baldwins is enough.
no support. i don't exalt and neither do a lot of people. we'd be at a huge disadvantage because of it. currency from baldwins is enough.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date=2017-12-13 17:38:19] @AbsoluteBlue But brewing currency also means that people don't have to spend a week slaving away in the coliseum being bored out of their minds. I mean, I've been here since 2013 and I've been playing every day since I joined. I'm done with grinding for currency. I did it every month for two years and I'm sick of it. It's tedious and it screws with my wrist, requiring me to wear a brace. Festival items are worthless anyway, with or without brewing currency, because they no longer retire. The number is no longer finite after a festival, so more will be introduced after anyway, regardless of how many are bought during the festival. Currency brewing isn't new. It's been a thing since July 2015. To take it away now would be a really silly idea, especially if it was to be replaced with an exalt system that gave currency instead of brewing, whereby levelled dragons would probably be worth more currency than unlevelled ones. That means more time in the sodding coliseum. No. 8| Worst idea ever. [/quote] [quote name="Mongoose" date=2017-12-14 01:13:58] no support. i don't exalt and neither do a lot of people. we'd be at a huge disadvantage because of it. currency from baldwins is enough. [/quote] I mostly meant it as being in addition to other ways of getting currency, and really no matter how you look at it, all the festival items being worthless is partially because of the brewing thing, no matter how long it's been : P And I don't think there's anything wrong with MULTIPLE ways of getting currency, compatible with multiple ways of playing the game. Though if it's that easy to get currency, that suggests holiday stuff should be more expensive to make up the difference. That and stop bringing it back every year. (I'm still not sure why they even did that.)
Greyjoy wrote on 2017-12-13:
@AbsoluteBlue

Mongoose wrote on 2017-12-14:

I mostly meant it as being in addition to other ways of getting currency, and really no matter how you look at it, all the festival items being worthless is partially because of the brewing thing, no matter how long it's been : P

And I don't think there's anything wrong with MULTIPLE ways of getting currency, compatible with multiple ways of playing the game. Though if it's that easy to get currency, that suggests holiday stuff should be more expensive to make up the difference. That and stop bringing it back every year. (I'm still not sure why they even did that.)
I support this... It would encourage people to start exalting more, therefore earning their clan leverage during Dominance. I do understand where people are coming from who do not support this, however, and respect their opinions.
I support this... It would encourage people to start exalting more, therefore earning their clan leverage during Dominance. I do understand where people are coming from who do not support this, however, and respect their opinions.
imageedit-1-4146692772.png s h a l t

» she/her/they
» fr +3, but not always active *cough* school
» no random friend requests
1 2