Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prioritizing Feeding
1 2
I'm not sure if it's been stated before, but being able to prioritize dragon feeding would super helpful. I have a lot going on in real life so I'm not able to log in daily to feed my dragons. With my clan energy always low, I have to feed my dragons first in order to play in the coliseum which is what I spend most of my time doing and where I make most of my money. Unfortunately, the way the feeding system is set up, I have to feed almost my whole clan just to feed the three dragons I need to go into the coli, but because I don't play often I don't have enough food so I have to buy more food.

It would be nice if the feeding system worked more predictably, like feeding only dragons on a certain page or feeding dragons in order in your lair. Or there could be a way to feed dragons individually even. This way, players who don't have a lot of food on hand for various reasons can still participate in coli.
I'm not sure if it's been stated before, but being able to prioritize dragon feeding would super helpful. I have a lot going on in real life so I'm not able to log in daily to feed my dragons. With my clan energy always low, I have to feed my dragons first in order to play in the coliseum which is what I spend most of my time doing and where I make most of my money. Unfortunately, the way the feeding system is set up, I have to feed almost my whole clan just to feed the three dragons I need to go into the coli, but because I don't play often I don't have enough food so I have to buy more food.

It would be nice if the feeding system worked more predictably, like feeding only dragons on a certain page or feeding dragons in order in your lair. Or there could be a way to feed dragons individually even. This way, players who don't have a lot of food on hand for various reasons can still participate in coli.
2nw2yif.jpg0ewFuuh.png9X6Ea51.pngG4sZIm1.png2nw2yif.jpg
I don't support feeding dragons individually because that would just lead to an AH filled with starving dragons. Even with hunger visible, it still feels like a "batteries not included" thing that I'd rather not see happen.

But allowing players to make sure their Coli team is fed first out of their lair? I wouldn't object to that as long as it as a cool down period.
I don't support feeding dragons individually because that would just lead to an AH filled with starving dragons. Even with hunger visible, it still feels like a "batteries not included" thing that I'd rather not see happen.

But allowing players to make sure their Coli team is fed first out of their lair? I wouldn't object to that as long as it as a cool down period.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I suppose the feeding system being fixed, but not changed to allow players to only feed certain dragons. I feel like allowing players to only feed certain dragons could have a harmful impact on the site economy. I also don't think it makes any sense for FR staff to implement changes based on a segment of the player base not having enough spare time to play the game..

You do have options that do not require site-wide changes:

Own fewer dragons
Earn money for food via the fairgrounds/selling dragons
I suppose the feeding system being fixed, but not changed to allow players to only feed certain dragons. I feel like allowing players to only feed certain dragons could have a harmful impact on the site economy. I also don't think it makes any sense for FR staff to implement changes based on a segment of the player base not having enough spare time to play the game..

You do have options that do not require site-wide changes:

Own fewer dragons
Earn money for food via the fairgrounds/selling dragons
ZQGfAQY.png
I'd support being able to choose which dragons get fed if one could only list fully fed dragons on the AH. Heck, I support that even without priority feeding. Feeding dragons isn't hard or that expensive even if you buy the food outright.
I'd support being able to choose which dragons get fed if one could only list fully fed dragons on the AH. Heck, I support that even without priority feeding. Feeding dragons isn't hard or that expensive even if you buy the food outright.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
[b]Limited Support[/b] There was a similar suggestion about feeding only your coliseum team. Same thing I said on that one: [quote][LIST] [*]Its use is limited - maybe once a month. [*]It can only be used if all your dragons are 0/50 fed. [*]It can only be used if you do not have enough food stored to feed everyone. [/LIST] It's an option that should only be used to get players returning from an absence to catch up on their food supply to feed their dragons. This way, even people who are unable to access the coliseum for one reason or another are not at a severe disadvantage over people who can access the coliseum.[/quote]
Limited Support

There was a similar suggestion about feeding only your coliseum team.

Same thing I said on that one:
Quote:
  • Its use is limited - maybe once a month.
  • It can only be used if all your dragons are 0/50 fed.
  • It can only be used if you do not have enough food stored to feed everyone.

It's an option that should only be used to get players returning from an absence to catch up on their food supply to feed their dragons. This way, even people who are unable to access the coliseum for one reason or another are not at a severe disadvantage over people who can access the coliseum.
A L Y S H I I A A   O F   L I G H T N I N G   F L I G H T

Ory67nL.gif vnvMixy.gif jA0eni1.gif
I support changing the feeding system, but I don't like the idea of being able to choose who to feed. I like being able to choose what type of food your dragon will go for first. For example, since Guardians can eat everything, you can decide that your Guardian will eat plants before insects, which comes before meat, which comes before seafood. I'd rather have something like that instead of something where people get to decide which individual dragon gets to eat first.
I support changing the feeding system, but I don't like the idea of being able to choose who to feed. I like being able to choose what type of food your dragon will go for first. For example, since Guardians can eat everything, you can decide that your Guardian will eat plants before insects, which comes before meat, which comes before seafood. I'd rather have something like that instead of something where people get to decide which individual dragon gets to eat first.
uCR5SCW.png
honestly prioritising species or w/e would be good . all my coatls are starving
the reasons against feeding individual dragons are very reasonable though so dont do that ?I guess
honestly prioritising species or w/e would be good . all my coatls are starving
the reasons against feeding individual dragons are very reasonable though so dont do that ?I guess
bmkYwEK.png
I just want to be able to give my poor Coatls their fair share of seafood
I just want to be able to give my poor Coatls their fair share of seafood
BFEMrcM.png
I'm not in favor of being able to feed specific dragons, but it would be nice if you could choose from which food gets eaten first. Now it follows the exact order previewed, first all possible dragons get fed from insect points, then meat,... while at least I, sometimes have a week more plants and an other week more seafood, then more plants again and then maybe more insects, so it would nice if you could select the order of food points being used.
I'm not in favor of being able to feed specific dragons, but it would be nice if you could choose from which food gets eaten first. Now it follows the exact order previewed, first all possible dragons get fed from insect points, then meat,... while at least I, sometimes have a week more plants and an other week more seafood, then more plants again and then maybe more insects, so it would nice if you could select the order of food points being used.
+9 FR time
[quote name="HummingbirdColor" date=2017-11-17 13:08:24] I'm not in favor of being able to feed specific dragons, but it would be nice if you could choose from which food gets eaten first. Now it follows the exact order previewed, first all possible dragons get fed from insect points, then meat,... while at least I, sometimes have a week more plants and an other week more seafood, then more plants again and then maybe more insects, so it would nice if you could select the order of food points being used. [/quote] This I could get behind, choosing the order that each type gets used. I always have WAY too many plants, and my dang imps/guardians/the ones who can eat all or multiple kinds of food, always drain my seafood before my coatls can get them. Even if they fixed the thing that makes coatls and nocs get fed last every time, that'd be great too. All the "picky eaters" eat first except coatls. [i]I don't have enough seafood for this.
HummingbirdColor wrote on 2017-11-17:

This I could get behind, choosing the order that each type gets used. I always have WAY too many plants, and my dang imps/guardians/the ones who can eat all or multiple kinds of food, always drain my seafood before my coatls can get them. Even if they fixed the thing that makes coatls and nocs get fed last every time, that'd be great too. All the "picky eaters" eat first except coatls. I don't have enough seafood for this.
**Please ping me Rahkali, not Rakhali!**

xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx
z0HlerP.png
1 2