Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Batch transmutation for Baldwin’s Brew
1 2
[quote]Please notice the cauldron is often not claimed on time. People go to bed, people go to work, people simply forget or are too lazy to check the pot every 35 min so they left the cauldron sits there for 3 hours. These periods of time are not risks to them for they have no use of them anyways.[/quote] Oh, I see what you’re getting at. That is true! [quote]No, it won't. For people are able to brew a much bigger amount of items, the cardinal number becomes bigger and hence the output becomes bigger as well, not just common colored ingredients, but all of them. We would have a much bigger market supply while the demand remains unchanged--so the market price of baldwin items would drop, probably quite a lot.[/quote] I mean, I suppose it depends on whether or not the people selling transmutation materials are actually also [i]using[/i] them for themselves. I think the people selling materials entirely for profit are probably in the minority, as opposed to those who keep what they need and just sell their extra. By that principle, the supply of lower-rarity items would increase dramatically faster than the high-rarity ones. At any rate, any change to any mechanic that relates to or affects sellables is going to hit the profiteers hardest. The only market that never really changes is exalt fodder—that just ebbs and flows with the week and the festival cycle, because the goalposts are set by player activity and the same changes affect everyone equally. [quote]Honestly, I don't see why that would be a problem. Though they share the same transmuting time, mucks and slimes are made from apparels and familiars which are much rarer comparing to materials, trinkets or food. The recipes demand less muck/slimes and more sludge/ooze/goo hence balancing the use of all materials.[/quote] It might just be a difference in playstyle, but I still get more apparel and familiars than I will ever, ever use. I regularly hoard-sell anything that has more than two stacks from my materials and misc tabs. Apparel and familiars i used to hoardsell, too, but lately I’ve started just converting them to slimes and mucks and stockpiling those instead, and the rate limitation on that for me is definitely still the cauldron, not the supply of fodder. The treasure boxes you get from bonding familiars is a steady supply of both.
Quote:
Please notice the cauldron is often not claimed on time. People go to bed, people go to work, people simply forget or are too lazy to check the pot every 35 min so they left the cauldron sits there for 3 hours. These periods of time are not risks to them for they have no use of them anyways.

Oh, I see what you’re getting at. That is true!

Quote:
No, it won't. For people are able to brew a much bigger amount of items, the cardinal number becomes bigger and hence the output becomes bigger as well, not just common colored ingredients, but all of them. We would have a much bigger market supply while the demand remains unchanged--so the market price of baldwin items would drop, probably quite a lot.

I mean, I suppose it depends on whether or not the people selling transmutation materials are actually also using them for themselves. I think the people selling materials entirely for profit are probably in the minority, as opposed to those who keep what they need and just sell their extra. By that principle, the supply of lower-rarity items would increase dramatically faster than the high-rarity ones.

At any rate, any change to any mechanic that relates to or affects sellables is going to hit the profiteers hardest. The only market that never really changes is exalt fodder—that just ebbs and flows with the week and the festival cycle, because the goalposts are set by player activity and the same changes affect everyone equally.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see why that would be a problem. Though they share the same transmuting time, mucks and slimes are made from apparels and familiars which are much rarer comparing to materials, trinkets or food. The recipes demand less muck/slimes and more sludge/ooze/goo hence balancing the use of all materials.

It might just be a difference in playstyle, but I still get more apparel and familiars than I will ever, ever use. I regularly hoard-sell anything that has more than two stacks from my materials and misc tabs. Apparel and familiars i used to hoardsell, too, but lately I’ve started just converting them to slimes and mucks and stockpiling those instead, and the rate limitation on that for me is definitely still the cauldron, not the supply of fodder. The treasure boxes you get from bonding familiars is a steady supply of both.
1 2