Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Unretiring Fesival Items & how to do it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
No support.

Here's what I feel will happen if all holiday stuff is unretired: prices will shoot up for the actually retired stuff.
The current stuff that will be retired permanently under this, tell me if I missed anything:
KS/boolean (100k+ gems)
Loga (60 gems)
Akirbeak (11k gems)
Speedy (2k gems)
Golden Bantam (1.5k gems)

The way it's currently structured, with all year 1 stuff, everything but bears for year 2, everything for year 3, and nothing for year 4 retired, makes it so that there are tiers of value. You can 'store' your value in retired items, and liquidate them later if you want to make a large purchase with certainty that the price won't drastically decrease. Save up for a year 3 thing, sell it later to buy year 2 stuff, etc. That's how a lot of people buy stuff like sprites-set up a payment plan, liquidate your hoard. It's how I got a sunchaser 2 years ago (was 40k gems at the time, iirc.)-had a ton of retired stuff, sold it.
Unretiring everything but the above list will make it so that the only reliable investments are the above list. The really rich folk will want to use the above list as investments, not retired stuff, which will skyrocket their prices-making it hard for most users to save up for expensive stuff via assets

also there's the inherent drama of making stuff that's worth like $400 in irl money available via rng.
No support.

Here's what I feel will happen if all holiday stuff is unretired: prices will shoot up for the actually retired stuff.
The current stuff that will be retired permanently under this, tell me if I missed anything:
KS/boolean (100k+ gems)
Loga (60 gems)
Akirbeak (11k gems)
Speedy (2k gems)
Golden Bantam (1.5k gems)

The way it's currently structured, with all year 1 stuff, everything but bears for year 2, everything for year 3, and nothing for year 4 retired, makes it so that there are tiers of value. You can 'store' your value in retired items, and liquidate them later if you want to make a large purchase with certainty that the price won't drastically decrease. Save up for a year 3 thing, sell it later to buy year 2 stuff, etc. That's how a lot of people buy stuff like sprites-set up a payment plan, liquidate your hoard. It's how I got a sunchaser 2 years ago (was 40k gems at the time, iirc.)-had a ton of retired stuff, sold it.
Unretiring everything but the above list will make it so that the only reliable investments are the above list. The really rich folk will want to use the above list as investments, not retired stuff, which will skyrocket their prices-making it hard for most users to save up for expensive stuff via assets

also there's the inherent drama of making stuff that's worth like $400 in irl money available via rng.
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-06-25 07:04:04] How is it an investment if the owner [b][i]NEVER [/i][/b]plans to resell it though? I worked my butt off to get Frigid Fugitive Shackles and Metallurgist's Forgetools. Why? [i]NOT [/i]because I thought they were rare, valuable items that I could someday sell for a pretty penny. I wanted them because these items and[i] [b]NO OTHER[/b] [/i](no, not even a recolor) will work for the outfits I want to dress these dragons in. And if you want to buy them from me, you'll have to pry them from my cold, dead fingers. EVERY time I see this sort of argument, people focus on the potential resale value of the item, and not wanting it to be hurt too much. But that means diddly-squat to folks like me, who want to have a decent shot at getting the Skins, Accents, and Apparel without the hassle of trying to hit a moving target. And yeah the price does go up and down a little, but the overall trend of the price is [i]UP[/i]. So as I race for the finish line, the finish line keeps moving farther and farther away. And that's not fun. This is supposed to be a game about breeding and dressing dragons. Not some sort of stock market simulator. [/quote] This basically, I am not looking into selling what i own I want to KEEP it. So I couldn't care less about their value I'm never ever going to sell what I own so why should I care about their value? I couldn't care if these items were the rarest of rarest on site or were as common as can be. I want these items because I like them, I think the sprites are cute and I like the apparel items even if some layer poorly with one another. I went out of may way to look for dragons that fit well with these items. Honestly whenever the investment thing comes up i feel as if this is being said "People who spend money on these items and want to make a profit out of them are more important then people that only want these items to keep" Which to me is pretty greedy
HondaYori wrote on 2017-06-25:
How is it an investment if the owner NEVER plans to resell it though? I worked my butt off to get Frigid Fugitive Shackles and Metallurgist's Forgetools. Why? NOT because I thought they were rare, valuable items that I could someday sell for a pretty penny. I wanted them because these items and NO OTHER (no, not even a recolor) will work for the outfits I want to dress these dragons in. And if you want to buy them from me, you'll have to pry them from my cold, dead fingers.
EVERY time I see this sort of argument, people focus on the potential resale value of the item, and not wanting it to be hurt too much. But that means diddly-squat to folks like me, who want to have a decent shot at getting the Skins, Accents, and Apparel without the hassle of trying to hit a moving target. And yeah the price does go up and down a little, but the overall trend of the price is UP. So as I race for the finish line, the finish line keeps moving farther and farther away. And that's not fun. This is supposed to be a game about breeding and dressing dragons. Not some sort of stock market simulator.

This basically, I am not looking into selling what i own I want to KEEP it. So I couldn't care less about their value I'm never ever going to sell what I own so why should I care about their value? I couldn't care if these items were the rarest of rarest on site or were as common as can be. I want these items because I like them, I think the sprites are cute and I like the apparel items even if some layer poorly with one another. I went out of may way to look for dragons that fit well with these items.

Honestly whenever the investment thing comes up i feel as if this is being said "People who spend money on these items and want to make a profit out of them are more important then people that only want these items to keep" Which to me is pretty greedy
DVcXRyP.png
Retired items should all stay retired otherwise it means nothing. Users have bought retired items using gems that they purchased with RL money. Whether its an investment or not, they did so expecting it to retain its general value, or grow over time. Thats not greed.
No support.
Retired items should all stay retired otherwise it means nothing. Users have bought retired items using gems that they purchased with RL money. Whether its an investment or not, they did so expecting it to retain its general value, or grow over time. Thats not greed.
No support.
cvRtQ2I.png
[quote]Users have bought retired items using gems that they purchased with RL money. Whether its an investment or not, they did so expecting it to retain its general value, or grow over time. [/quote] I am a user who owns 10 out of 11 of the sprites and was only able to participate in the tail end of those festivals. I bought the rest of the sprites, and I did not purchase them with RL money. Nor did I buy them as an investment, nor did I expect them to retain their value, nor do I hope their value inflates over time. Since the get-go I have supported unretirement because I do not think it's fair other players have to pay 5 million or more for something I got for a tenth of that. So please, don't speak for all of us and make assumptions about why we bought these items.
Quote:
Users have bought retired items using gems that they purchased with RL money. Whether its an investment or not, they did so expecting it to retain its general value, or grow over time.

I am a user who owns 10 out of 11 of the sprites and was only able to participate in the tail end of those festivals. I bought the rest of the sprites, and I did not purchase them with RL money. Nor did I buy them as an investment, nor did I expect them to retain their value, nor do I hope their value inflates over time. Since the get-go I have supported unretirement because I do not think it's fair other players have to pay 5 million or more for something I got for a tenth of that.

So please, don't speak for all of us and make assumptions about why we bought these items.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I didnt say ALL users anywhere in that post. Obviously it didnt pertain to you, since you never did what was mentioned in said post. Not everything is about you.
I didnt say ALL users anywhere in that post. Obviously it didnt pertain to you, since you never did what was mentioned in said post. Not everything is about you.
cvRtQ2I.png
[quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-06-25 07:04:04] How is it an investment if the owner [b][i]NEVER [/i][/b]plans to resell it though? [/quote] Doesn't change the fact that there are people who does. Even for those who choose to hold on to their items, it doesn't change the fact that its value is still effected. [quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-06-25 07:04:04] So as I race for the finish line, the finish line keeps moving farther and farther away. And that's not fun. This is supposed to be a game about breeding and dressing dragons. Not some sort of stock market simulator. [/quote] Yup and this is not a gotta-collect-them-all game either. It is not necessary to collect all the fest items, people choose to do it by their own will. If it's not fun, don't do it. [quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-06-25 09:55:10] Honestly whenever the investment thing comes up i feel as if this is being said "People who spend money on these items and want to make a profit out of them are more important then people that only want these items to keep" Which to me is pretty greedy [/quote] People who don't want what they've spent tons of millions to goes to waste are GREEDY, wow. It is not only about investment. Even if people choose to hold on to the item, value is still there. I, like you, I'm not planning to sell my retired items anytime soon, but still I care about its value, cause it is what I worked for. Maybe you don't care, but I do. That's why I can only agree when unretiring comes with compensation plan--call me greedy or selfish all you want.
How is it an investment if the owner NEVER plans to resell it though?
Doesn't change the fact that there are people who does. Even for those who choose to hold on to their items, it doesn't change the fact that its value is still effected.
So as I race for the finish line, the finish line keeps moving farther and farther away. And that's not fun. This is supposed to be a game about breeding and dressing dragons. Not some sort of stock market simulator.
Yup and this is not a gotta-collect-them-all game either. It is not necessary to collect all the fest items, people choose to do it by their own will. If it's not fun, don't do it.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-06-25:
Honestly whenever the investment thing comes up i feel as if this is being said "People who spend money on these items and want to make a profit out of them are more important then people that only want these items to keep" Which to me is pretty greedy
People who don't want what they've spent tons of millions to goes to waste are GREEDY, wow.
It is not only about investment. Even if people choose to hold on to the item, value is still there. I, like you, I'm not planning to sell my retired items anytime soon, but still I care about its value, cause it is what I worked for. Maybe you don't care, but I do. That's why I can only agree when unretiring comes with compensation plan--call me greedy or selfish all you want.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
Quote:
People who don't want what they've spent tons of millions to goes to waste are GREEDY, wow.
It is not only about investment. Even if people choose to hold on to the item, value is still there. I, like you, I'm not planning to sell my retired items anytime soon, but still I care about its value, cause it is what I worked for. Maybe you don't care, but I do. That's why I can only agree when unretiring comes with compensation plan--call me greedy or selfish all you want.

what millions? treasure? Treasure han 0 value as is, you can't waste something that has no value to start with. And read again I didn't say people were greedy, I find that way of thinking greedy.

And that is where we disagree then, as i said I couldn't care less about their value. and plenty of others I know don't either, so then why are people who care about their value matter more then those that don't? It doesn't matter either way really

compensation plan? Why would there be any need for that? Nothing needs to be compensated, you don't loose anything if they unretire these items. Even more so if you say you don't intend on selling them anyways. I spend irl money on these items should I demand they refund me then? (which would result in my account being suspended so let's not) plus what makes you think these items will be completely worthless? I don't understand this kind of thinking people assume that if they re-release these items they become worthless somehow. That is not how it works, and assuming that is just silly
Quote:

what millions? treasure? Treasure han 0 value as is, you can't waste something that has no value to start with. And read again I didn't say people were greedy, I find that way of thinking greedy.

And that is where we disagree then, as i said I couldn't care less about their value. and plenty of others I know don't either, so then why are people who care about their value matter more then those that don't? It doesn't matter either way really

compensation plan? Why would there be any need for that? Nothing needs to be compensated, you don't loose anything if they unretire these items. Even more so if you say you don't intend on selling them anyways. I spend irl money on these items should I demand they refund me then? (which would result in my account being suspended so let's not) plus what makes you think these items will be completely worthless? I don't understand this kind of thinking people assume that if they re-release these items they become worthless somehow. That is not how it works, and assuming that is just silly
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date=2017-06-25 11:35:07] Quote: People who don't want what they've spent tons of millions to goes to waste are GREEDY, wow. It is not only about investment. Even if people choose to hold on to the item, value is still there. I, like you, I'm not planning to sell my retired items anytime soon, but still I care about its value, cause it is what I worked for. Maybe you don't care, but I do. That's why I can only agree when unretiring comes with compensation plan--call me greedy or selfish all you want. what millions? treasure? Treasure han 0 value as is, you can't waste something that has no value to start with. And read again I didn't say people were greedy, I find that way of thinking greedy. [/quote] Well that makes it easy then. If treasure has 0 value as is, then there's absolutely no problem with having to pay tons of treasure to get one of the retired items, since as you said, the treasure has no value anyway, so it doesn't matter. And seeing as treasure can be converted to gems through other users, gems also as a result have very little value, since you can get them with something that has no value.
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2017-06-25:
Quote:

Well that makes it easy then. If treasure has 0 value as is, then there's absolutely no problem with having to pay tons of treasure to get one of the retired items, since as you said, the treasure has no value anyway, so it doesn't matter.
And seeing as treasure can be converted to gems through other users, gems also as a result have very little value, since you can get them with something that has no value.
except retired items have no value of their own either, only that the user base assigns to them, and correct, gems outside of FR have no value either. Unless I missed the memo i can use FR gems to go buy myself dinner tomorrow.

but points for trying
except retired items have no value of their own either, only that the user base assigns to them, and correct, gems outside of FR have no value either. Unless I missed the memo i can use FR gems to go buy myself dinner tomorrow.

but points for trying
DVcXRyP.png
No support

Idk why we keep having this conversation! Staff said they would not un-retire items!!
That is reason enough
No support

Idk why we keep having this conversation! Staff said they would not un-retire items!!
That is reason enough
2YPv3wq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7