Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color chaning Scroll
It would be nice to see a scroll that would change one color off the dragon, say to set it to a new random color. Not only would this work for us but would make Stormlight more money as players scramble to change the ugly color combinations on their dragons.
It would be nice to see a scroll that would change one color off the dragon, say to set it to a new random color. Not only would this work for us but would make Stormlight more money as players scramble to change the ugly color combinations on their dragons.
The problem is that Flight Rising is a breeding game, not a take a dragon and scroll it game. This would take too much project out of 'breeding projects' (which I believe I paraphrased from the Admins) and make the core aspect of the game almost pointless.

A tri-color scroll still has a huge element of chance in it, you could get three nice colors as I did for Elua, or you could get three terrible colors or two gorgeous colors and a horrible third etc...

However, for a single color scroll, the element of chance and luck is reduced by 2/3rds I believe as you are only scrolling one color.

Plus, most people who would use it would be looking to change a horrible color to a better one, and that usually means that there are few colors on the wheel that could make the dragon look worse (see: Aqua/Storm/Tomato). Only if a person is looking to get a double (or triple) would the expanded color wheel actually make it harder to get the color. (as the expanded wheel is sometimes cited as a reason why a single color scroll would work as there are more than double the number of colors there used to be). However, with the aqua/storm/tomato dragon above, there are actually a lot of colors that would work in place of tomato with the right gene. Same goes for most other dragons, changing a horrible color into one that works better is pretty easy with the color wheel.

The only way I could support this would be is if the scroll was at least triple the tri-color scroll because of the reduced risk or if it were random which color it changed, so it could change the tomato on the dragon or it might change the aqua.
The problem is that Flight Rising is a breeding game, not a take a dragon and scroll it game. This would take too much project out of 'breeding projects' (which I believe I paraphrased from the Admins) and make the core aspect of the game almost pointless.

A tri-color scroll still has a huge element of chance in it, you could get three nice colors as I did for Elua, or you could get three terrible colors or two gorgeous colors and a horrible third etc...

However, for a single color scroll, the element of chance and luck is reduced by 2/3rds I believe as you are only scrolling one color.

Plus, most people who would use it would be looking to change a horrible color to a better one, and that usually means that there are few colors on the wheel that could make the dragon look worse (see: Aqua/Storm/Tomato). Only if a person is looking to get a double (or triple) would the expanded color wheel actually make it harder to get the color. (as the expanded wheel is sometimes cited as a reason why a single color scroll would work as there are more than double the number of colors there used to be). However, with the aqua/storm/tomato dragon above, there are actually a lot of colors that would work in place of tomato with the right gene. Same goes for most other dragons, changing a horrible color into one that works better is pretty easy with the color wheel.

The only way I could support this would be is if the scroll was at least triple the tri-color scroll because of the reduced risk or if it were random which color it changed, so it could change the tomato on the dragon or it might change the aqua.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. To make it easier to count, we suppose we only have 10 colors. Then if someone want to use tri-color scroll to get an XXX G1, the chance that he could success once is 0.1*0.1*0.1*10=0.01, so normally he had to use about 100 tri-color scrolls. But if he can change only one color at a time, then to get second color same as first is 0.1, also the third, so normally he only have to use 20 scolls to get an XXX.
Now we have 177 colors(not sure), so it means 177*177 VS 177+177, the one-color scroll should be 177/2=>89 times of the tri-color scroll, but there will be more new colors in the future I think, then that scroll have to be more expensive to keep equal with tri-color scroll.
No support. To make it easier to count, we suppose we only have 10 colors. Then if someone want to use tri-color scroll to get an XXX G1, the chance that he could success once is 0.1*0.1*0.1*10=0.01, so normally he had to use about 100 tri-color scrolls. But if he can change only one color at a time, then to get second color same as first is 0.1, also the third, so normally he only have to use 20 scolls to get an XXX.
Now we have 177 colors(not sure), so it means 177*177 VS 177+177, the one-color scroll should be 177/2=>89 times of the tri-color scroll, but there will be more new colors in the future I think, then that scroll have to be more expensive to keep equal with tri-color scroll.
94f270fcgw1f0dcbf9x6lg202s02sach.gif
@Gitty

we do have 177 colors now, but I doubt we will ever get more colors. From what I have heard, they didn't want to expand the wheel for multiple reasons, but decided to when they changed how they generate the dragon images and do the genes.

Plus, it would be REALLY hard to get more colors without them all starting to look exactly the same. we already have that problem now with some colors. Even different accent colors won't always help. (it would be nice, I loved the color expansion thread and the thrill of wondering what new colors were coming and the agony of not being able to play in the scrying workshop with the new colors and genes)
@Gitty

we do have 177 colors now, but I doubt we will ever get more colors. From what I have heard, they didn't want to expand the wheel for multiple reasons, but decided to when they changed how they generate the dragon images and do the genes.

Plus, it would be REALLY hard to get more colors without them all starting to look exactly the same. we already have that problem now with some colors. Even different accent colors won't always help. (it would be nice, I loved the color expansion thread and the thrill of wondering what new colors were coming and the agony of not being able to play in the scrying workshop with the new colors and genes)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png