Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Daily Spin Idea
1 2
Edited last on 11/29/2016 to add in or change ideas people have commented.

So I've been thinking lately and I came up with a small game idea that can only be done once a day when the user logs in. I'm fairly new here so I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not so forgive me if you've heard this all before.

Here are a few bullets with ideas I came up with:
  • The spin is similar to a slot machine with 5 rungs.
  • You must wait a full 24 hours before you can spin again.
  • Extra spins a day would cost 10 or more gems. This is to make sure the website can get a good profit from the spin and encourage them to keep up the good work. A lot of games like this stop if they arent getting money over time. This is someone's job and living so I think a little more respect and help to them would be nice. :)
  • It would be located in the Fairgrounds tab and would not be a mandatory game to play.
  • The prizes are only given if 2 or 3 of a kind a present. (Or there could be a pity prize of 1000 treasure.) UNLESS the prize is a skin, gems, dragon, or jackpot. For a skin you must have at least 4 rungs. For a gem, dragon, or jackpot you must have a full 5 rungs.
  • There could be a small thing on the side that tells who got the last jackpot and a link to their profile.
  • The prizes consist of either:
    1. 5-20 Random food items. (Common)
    2. 1000-5000 Treasure (Common)
    3. 1 Random cheap apparel item (Common)
    4. 1-5 Cheap battle Items (Uncommon)
    5. 1-2 Gem (Rare)
    6. 1 Skin (Rare)
    7. 1 Randomly generated young dragon with no mutations or patterns (Extremely Rare)
    8. A familiar only given out by getting a jackpot. The jackpot also comes with a special skin and 100000 treasure. (Ultra rare) Note the Jackpot would be EXTREMELY rare and the odds of getting it would be very low. Possibly 1/5000 chances low. That way it isn't as over powered.

Anything else you guys think should be added or changed? I'd be happy to hear them. Or even change what was written here to fit the desires of the other players. That way when new people join in the conversation they get an idea of what ideas have floated around. :)
-Animee

Edited last on 11/29/2016 to add in or change ideas people have commented.

So I've been thinking lately and I came up with a small game idea that can only be done once a day when the user logs in. I'm fairly new here so I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not so forgive me if you've heard this all before.

Here are a few bullets with ideas I came up with:
  • The spin is similar to a slot machine with 5 rungs.
  • You must wait a full 24 hours before you can spin again.
  • Extra spins a day would cost 10 or more gems. This is to make sure the website can get a good profit from the spin and encourage them to keep up the good work. A lot of games like this stop if they arent getting money over time. This is someone's job and living so I think a little more respect and help to them would be nice. :)
  • It would be located in the Fairgrounds tab and would not be a mandatory game to play.
  • The prizes are only given if 2 or 3 of a kind a present. (Or there could be a pity prize of 1000 treasure.) UNLESS the prize is a skin, gems, dragon, or jackpot. For a skin you must have at least 4 rungs. For a gem, dragon, or jackpot you must have a full 5 rungs.
  • There could be a small thing on the side that tells who got the last jackpot and a link to their profile.
  • The prizes consist of either:
    1. 5-20 Random food items. (Common)
    2. 1000-5000 Treasure (Common)
    3. 1 Random cheap apparel item (Common)
    4. 1-5 Cheap battle Items (Uncommon)
    5. 1-2 Gem (Rare)
    6. 1 Skin (Rare)
    7. 1 Randomly generated young dragon with no mutations or patterns (Extremely Rare)
    8. A familiar only given out by getting a jackpot. The jackpot also comes with a special skin and 100000 treasure. (Ultra rare) Note the Jackpot would be EXTREMELY rare and the odds of getting it would be very low. Possibly 1/5000 chances low. That way it isn't as over powered.

Anything else you guys think should be added or changed? I'd be happy to hear them. Or even change what was written here to fit the desires of the other players. That way when new people join in the conversation they get an idea of what ideas have floated around. :)
-Animee

While I wouldn't mind a Daily spin:

1. It should reset at Midnight. I HATE, HATE, timers that reset X hours after you first use them as it always gets later and later until eventually I have to miss a spin due to my not being able to get it exactly on time.

2. No Skins - All skins are user created and submitted ,even the coliseum skins, which means this would need a special contest for it, and right now there are 28 different dragons to have skins for. This could end up being very frustrating to people who, like me, don't like certain dragons, but keep getting skins for it.

3. No Dragon - Not everyone wants or has room for a dragon in their lair. A better option would be to give a random element egg, which would mean that those who want could hatch it, but they could also sell it for far more than a random gen1 (which is what the dragon would be).

4. For the Jackpot, an exclusive familiar would be enough, no need for a skin or treasure. Or if there is treasure, it should cap out at 10K - 25K. 100k is a bit excessive, at least in my opinion.

5. Exclusive apparel. This could also be used in the jackpot or given its own slot. Basically just apparel that the only place it shows up is the daily spin.

1. It should reset at Midnight. I HATE, HATE, timers that reset X hours after you first use them as it always gets later and later until eventually I have to miss a spin due to my not being able to get it exactly on time.

2. No Skins - All skins are user created and submitted ,even the coliseum skins, which means this would need a special contest for it, and right now there are 28 different dragons to have skins for. This could end up being very frustrating to people who, like me, don't like certain dragons, but keep getting skins for it.

3. No Dragon - Not everyone wants or has room for a dragon in their lair. A better option would be to give a random element egg, which would mean that those who want could hatch it, but they could also sell it for far more than a random gen1 (which is what the dragon would be).

4. For the Jackpot, an exclusive familiar would be enough, no need for a skin or treasure. Or if there is treasure, it should cap out at 10K - 25K. 100k is a bit excessive, at least in my opinion.

5. Exclusive apparel. This could also be used in the jackpot or given its own slot. Basically just apparel that the only place it shows up is the daily spin.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="@Jemadar" date=2016-11-28 11:20:59] While I wouldn't mind a Daily spin: 1. It should reset at Midnight. I HATE, HATE, timers that reset X hours after you first use them as it always gets later and later until eventually I have to miss a spin due to my not being able to get it exactly on time. 2. No Skins - All skins are user created and submitted ,even the coliseum skins, which means this would need a special contest for it, and right now there are 28 different dragons to have skins for. This could end up being very frustrating to people who, like me, don't like certain dragons, but keep getting skins for it. 3. No Dragon - Not everyone wants or has room for a dragon in their lair. A better option would be to give a random element egg, which would mean that those who want could hatch it, but they could also sell it for far more than a random gen1 (which is what the dragon would be). 4. For the Jackpot, an exclusive familiar would be enough, no need for a skin or treasure. Or if there is treasure, it should cap out at 10K - 25K. 100k is a bit excessive, at least in my opinion. 5. Exclusive apparel. This could also be used in the jackpot or given its own slot. Basically just apparel that the only place it shows up is the daily spin. [/quote] Not all skins are usermade. The ones in the gem marketplace were always from siteartists. Allover I agree though. No dragons and maybe reducing the prices some. AND there needs to be a cap for those gem bought turns. This should not get pay to win.
@Jemadar wrote on 2016-11-28:

Not all skins are usermade. The ones in the gem marketplace were always from siteartists. Allover I agree though. No dragons and maybe reducing the prices some.

AND there needs to be a cap for those gem bought turns. This should not get pay to win.
@Ismaiel

I thought I looked at those a while back and it said made by X... Let me go look.

Okay, I bought two skins, and one is designed by Adelon, and the other by Gryffion. Those were both Gem MP skins. Are those site artists (I am genuinely asking, as I don't really know)
@Ismaiel

I thought I looked at those a while back and it said made by X... Let me go look.

Okay, I bought two skins, and one is designed by Adelon, and the other by Gryffion. Those were both Gem MP skins. Are those site artists (I am genuinely asking, as I don't really know)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'd be okay with a daily spin (we already have pinkerton tho) but only if it reset at rollover. I'm not a fan of the "buying slots" part, tho. Let it just be a freebie thing that all can enjoy.

Also, I believe the prizes should be kept realistic. That jackpot is ridiculous XD
a familiar is more than enough.
I'd be okay with a daily spin (we already have pinkerton tho) but only if it reset at rollover. I'm not a fan of the "buying slots" part, tho. Let it just be a freebie thing that all can enjoy.

Also, I believe the prizes should be kept realistic. That jackpot is ridiculous XD
a familiar is more than enough.
66MHIIb.png
^-^ Those are all really good pointers, I'm really new to this so I dont really know values here on the site.
^-^ Those are all really good pointers, I'm really new to this so I dont really know values here on the site.
In my opinion, if something like this was to be implemented, it should be similar to Animal Jam's daily spin. Once a day. Resets at rollover. No extra spins. (I just like the idea of a wheel of fortune more as well, oops x) )

I agree with Jemadar on their points with the prizes: but I really think that there shouldn't be more ways to get eggs besides gathering/coli. The dragon economy is pretty broken as it is.

Also yeah, the jackpot is a bit overboard. A familiar would be good enough. XD
In my opinion, if something like this was to be implemented, it should be similar to Animal Jam's daily spin. Once a day. Resets at rollover. No extra spins. (I just like the idea of a wheel of fortune more as well, oops x) )

I agree with Jemadar on their points with the prizes: but I really think that there shouldn't be more ways to get eggs besides gathering/coli. The dragon economy is pretty broken as it is.

Also yeah, the jackpot is a bit overboard. A familiar would be good enough. XD
LWDw43p.png
I like this idea but maybe no baby dragon cus what if you don't have room and you get a dragon? What are you supposed to do with it?

@animeempire
I like this idea but maybe no baby dragon cus what if you don't have room and you get a dragon? What are you supposed to do with it?

@animeempire
Puppet Master Anti
she/her/hers|FRT +3|Link to Art shop
In my experience, any game with a daily spin is on a downwards spiral. Because they're usually added in a last ditch effort to get people to buy more premium currency, since it's literally gambling with a free turn to try and hook you and exclusive jackpot prizes.

Bleh no thanks.
In my experience, any game with a daily spin is on a downwards spiral. Because they're usually added in a last ditch effort to get people to buy more premium currency, since it's literally gambling with a free turn to try and hook you and exclusive jackpot prizes.

Bleh no thanks.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
Well it would be a win win for everyone, the players get rewards for joining and the owners get a bit more revenue. Even if they get more money from players is that really a bad thing? That will lead them to want to make more or add to the website.
Well it would be a win win for everyone, the players get rewards for joining and the owners get a bit more revenue. Even if they get more money from players is that really a bad thing? That will lead them to want to make more or add to the website.
1 2