Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | never mind
tumblr_nik7m7KDt61r6570qo4_500.gif
No support. Those dragons belong to that user and unless that users sells them to you you'll need to get them elsewhere. Imagine going on vacation or into hospital and coming back to your lair empty just because other users basically stole them from you.
No support. Those dragons belong to that user and unless that users sells them to you you'll need to get them elsewhere. Imagine going on vacation or into hospital and coming back to your lair empty just because other users basically stole them from you.
Sorry, but items and dragons on other people's account, whether they are inactive or not belong to those users and should NOT be put up for auction at the whim of someone else.

The Admins have said they want everyone to feel welcome back no matter how long they have been gone, and coming back to finding your dragons in different lairs, potentially with different genes, names, lore, even colors, would not be welcoming nor would finding your expensive/rare/retired items have been auctioned off.

Should there ever be a need for inactive accounts to be deleted, I feel that all items should simply be deleted and all dragons auto exalted. However, I am hoping it never comes to that.

Edit: Remembered some stuff:

There are many reasons for someone to go inactive. Yes, many of those probably won't be coming back, but many of them might pop in to look at their dragons and hope for an update that will grab them (I have a couple of pet sites I pretty much do this on) and make them want to play again. Some could have medical issues that made it so they can't play. Some can't play due to work or military issues.

Also, some of those inactive accounts put real money into the game, and paid real money for the dragons and items they have. So, how would it be fair to them if they ever returned to find out their 300 dollar dragon (through buying, genes, breed scrolls, potentially scatter scrolls etc..) was sold for 10K treasure?
Sorry, but items and dragons on other people's account, whether they are inactive or not belong to those users and should NOT be put up for auction at the whim of someone else.

The Admins have said they want everyone to feel welcome back no matter how long they have been gone, and coming back to finding your dragons in different lairs, potentially with different genes, names, lore, even colors, would not be welcoming nor would finding your expensive/rare/retired items have been auctioned off.

Should there ever be a need for inactive accounts to be deleted, I feel that all items should simply be deleted and all dragons auto exalted. However, I am hoping it never comes to that.

Edit: Remembered some stuff:

There are many reasons for someone to go inactive. Yes, many of those probably won't be coming back, but many of them might pop in to look at their dragons and hope for an update that will grab them (I have a couple of pet sites I pretty much do this on) and make them want to play again. Some could have medical issues that made it so they can't play. Some can't play due to work or military issues.

Also, some of those inactive accounts put real money into the game, and paid real money for the dragons and items they have. So, how would it be fair to them if they ever returned to find out their 300 dollar dragon (through buying, genes, breed scrolls, potentially scatter scrolls etc..) was sold for 10K treasure?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Thing is that people that leave and intend to never come back allready give away dragons and items to other users on their own - and I think it should stay at this.
Thing is that people that leave and intend to never come back allready give away dragons and items to other users on their own - and I think it should stay at this.
I can't support any accounts having their items taken. Some people can be gone for years or more and then come back into it. If all their items are gone, then they will be even less likely to ever get back into it. It does happen - it's not uncommon to have a post from an older user coming back to discover all that has changed.

This subject has come up several times, but to me, it's just plain stealing, honestly. If your friend did that, then just ask them to come on again? Make them aware it means a lot to you. If they still won't, then fair enough. But they still shouldn't have that dragon just taken away.

With the email idea, how will that work? What if someone then changes their mind again later? Someone could be so certain of something for a while and then suddenly miss FR. A click of a button in an email doesn't mean much, but actively giving away your dragons if that's where you want them to go gives you a chance to really think about it.
I can't support any accounts having their items taken. Some people can be gone for years or more and then come back into it. If all their items are gone, then they will be even less likely to ever get back into it. It does happen - it's not uncommon to have a post from an older user coming back to discover all that has changed.

This subject has come up several times, but to me, it's just plain stealing, honestly. If your friend did that, then just ask them to come on again? Make them aware it means a lot to you. If they still won't, then fair enough. But they still shouldn't have that dragon just taken away.

With the email idea, how will that work? What if someone then changes their mind again later? Someone could be so certain of something for a while and then suddenly miss FR. A click of a button in an email doesn't mean much, but actively giving away your dragons if that's where you want them to go gives you a chance to really think about it.
Eh... I feel like this just wouldn't be all that useful. Nobody deserves your things just because you aren't using it. If they want to give their dragons away, they're free to do so on the forums. If someone hasn't logged in in 2 years

I feel like this could be a way for some people to make a quick buck off of unsuspecting people. Imagine going to some dead account and asking for dragon number 200 or something, and them giving it away having no idea how rare and valuable it actually is. Sure, they probably don't care, but it still feels a little scammy.

Dragons are pretty easy to come across, honestly. Unlike festival items, the site is absolutely flooded with dergs. I promise you you can find a very similar dragon on the AH for pennies, and if not, many people are willing to breed for you to get the dragon.

And I feel like this also specifically targets people with highly desirable dragons. For every 1 person with an abandoned lair full of beautiful but/pett/glim dragons, there's probably 50 people with accounts full of triple basic/ ugly gened dragons, releasing more dragons into the economy that nobody wants.
Eh... I feel like this just wouldn't be all that useful. Nobody deserves your things just because you aren't using it. If they want to give their dragons away, they're free to do so on the forums. If someone hasn't logged in in 2 years

I feel like this could be a way for some people to make a quick buck off of unsuspecting people. Imagine going to some dead account and asking for dragon number 200 or something, and them giving it away having no idea how rare and valuable it actually is. Sure, they probably don't care, but it still feels a little scammy.

Dragons are pretty easy to come across, honestly. Unlike festival items, the site is absolutely flooded with dergs. I promise you you can find a very similar dragon on the AH for pennies, and if not, many people are willing to breed for you to get the dragon.

And I feel like this also specifically targets people with highly desirable dragons. For every 1 person with an abandoned lair full of beautiful but/pett/glim dragons, there's probably 50 people with accounts full of triple basic/ ugly gened dragons, releasing more dragons into the economy that nobody wants.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif