Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auction House trading option
Basically, instead of selling for currency you can choose which item you'd like to trade for your item. Much easier than posting in the forums and hoping someone sees it.

I think when posting the trade, the search for the item you want to trade for should be text based instead of image based. Otherwise you'd have to load a thumbnail for literally every item on the site. Maybe with suggestions as you type? And it shouldn't be limited to category. So you should be able to trade food for materials.

There should be a listing fee of a small amount of treasure. I'm not sure exactly how much, but so it's roughly on par with the Auction House. Maybe based off the value of the items? Although that would be a very small amount for some items...
Basically, instead of selling for currency you can choose which item you'd like to trade for your item. Much easier than posting in the forums and hoping someone sees it.

I think when posting the trade, the search for the item you want to trade for should be text based instead of image based. Otherwise you'd have to load a thumbnail for literally every item on the site. Maybe with suggestions as you type? And it shouldn't be limited to category. So you should be able to trade food for materials.

There should be a listing fee of a small amount of treasure. I'm not sure exactly how much, but so it's roughly on par with the Auction House. Maybe based off the value of the items? Although that would be a very small amount for some items...
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
I don't think the auction house should be used for this, but I'd be down for an actual trading post.

I think the person offering could post up to 3-5 items in a single offer, and then request up to the same amount of items via text. Items could be restricted to the same type--so, apparel-only offers for apparel only. Should be searchable both by items offered and items wanted. No personal messages should be included, so a dropdown or suggestion thing would work best.

It would be limited, but more complex trades should go through the forums anyway. But I like the thought of an automated trading system like this. It would make trading eggs, for example, a lot easier, and also gene scrolls.

There could be a fee of, say, 200t per item requested, charged when the trade request is placed.
I don't think the auction house should be used for this, but I'd be down for an actual trading post.

I think the person offering could post up to 3-5 items in a single offer, and then request up to the same amount of items via text. Items could be restricted to the same type--so, apparel-only offers for apparel only. Should be searchable both by items offered and items wanted. No personal messages should be included, so a dropdown or suggestion thing would work best.

It would be limited, but more complex trades should go through the forums anyway. But I like the thought of an automated trading system like this. It would make trading eggs, for example, a lot easier, and also gene scrolls.

There could be a fee of, say, 200t per item requested, charged when the trade request is placed.
But isn't that but a glorified Crossroads? I mean the ONLY thing hindering us from doing EXACTLY as posted is the missing of a forum search which might come back before this is even implemented. Or do I just not get it?
But isn't that but a glorified Crossroads? I mean the ONLY thing hindering us from doing EXACTLY as posted is the missing of a forum search which might come back before this is even implemented. Or do I just not get it?
@Vely

Yeah, I think you're right about how it shouldn't be part of the Auction House itself. I wonder what it could be called, since the Trading Post is already taken.

200 seems reasonable. If it had something like the Auction House where you can choose how many days you want to post for the amount can increase based on that

@Ismaiel

With Crossroads you have to already know who you're trading with and you have to spend time arranging it previously in the forums. I'm proposing more of something like the Auction House, where you post a trade, leave it, and someone comes along and trades you what you want.
@Vely

Yeah, I think you're right about how it shouldn't be part of the Auction House itself. I wonder what it could be called, since the Trading Post is already taken.

200 seems reasonable. If it had something like the Auction House where you can choose how many days you want to post for the amount can increase based on that

@Ismaiel

With Crossroads you have to already know who you're trading with and you have to spend time arranging it previously in the forums. I'm proposing more of something like the Auction House, where you post a trade, leave it, and someone comes along and trades you what you want.
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
@SteadyAsSheGoes

An interesting idea. Since they have plans to re-code the Auction house something like this could be helpful, but I am not sure how things would work. When you click trade you would have to have the items swapped in kind of a move like the crossroads but without the work of the crossroads.

Also if you were trading one item but would accept different items for it based on your posting how would a player be able to determine which item to send you?

Since you are posting the text rather than the thumbnail it would make it seem to me as a hybrid forum / trading place.

Perhaps what might help would be to separate the items for sale forum into two separate forums. One specifically for sales and one for trades.

In the case of a trade it makes more sense to me to communicate with the person I am trying to trade with as in the case of a trade both sides should end up happy with the deal. Trading to me should involve communication where selling does not have to when you use the auction house.

I get your idea, but I think it is a bit too complex to create an auction house type feature for it. Sorry no support.
@SteadyAsSheGoes

An interesting idea. Since they have plans to re-code the Auction house something like this could be helpful, but I am not sure how things would work. When you click trade you would have to have the items swapped in kind of a move like the crossroads but without the work of the crossroads.

Also if you were trading one item but would accept different items for it based on your posting how would a player be able to determine which item to send you?

Since you are posting the text rather than the thumbnail it would make it seem to me as a hybrid forum / trading place.

Perhaps what might help would be to separate the items for sale forum into two separate forums. One specifically for sales and one for trades.

In the case of a trade it makes more sense to me to communicate with the person I am trying to trade with as in the case of a trade both sides should end up happy with the deal. Trading to me should involve communication where selling does not have to when you use the auction house.

I get your idea, but I think it is a bit too complex to create an auction house type feature for it. Sorry no support.