Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Retire old Swipp trades for new?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="@gemajgall" date=2016-02-29 06:22:27] No support. The staff didn't say anything about retiring Swipp trades. Therefore, if they change their mind about retirement, they are not to be trusted and we can never again spend money on this site. [/quote] The only removed trades were mentioned in the notes of an update, and it was because you could get them from coli at a better chance than from swipp.
@gemajgall wrote on 2016-02-29:
No support.

The staff didn't say anything about retiring Swipp trades. Therefore, if they change their mind about retirement, they are not to be trusted and we can never again spend money on this site.

The only removed trades were mentioned in the notes of an update, and it was because you could get them from coli at a better chance than from swipp.
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
Please don't ping me.
Please don't ping me.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I don't think them not saying anything about retiring trades is reason to never trust them again, however I have no reason to support this unless they give us another way to obtain those trades.
I don't think them not saying anything about retiring trades is reason to never trust them again, however I have no reason to support this unless they give us another way to obtain those trades.
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
Also something good to note: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=62 [quote][b]Note: Suggestions are implemented based on how they fit within the design philosophy of the game and not by voting, popularity, or lack thereof.[/b][/quote] I just wanted to discuss the idea, not take a vote, but the thread got moved here, there is nothing to fear of them changing things =) I personally believe many old trades aren't even worth the materials to get the item anymore, but that is just my opinion
Also something good to note:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=62
Quote:
Note: Suggestions are implemented based on how they fit within the design philosophy of the game and not by voting, popularity, or lack thereof.

I just wanted to discuss the idea, not take a vote, but the thread got moved here, there is nothing to fear of them changing things =)

I personally believe many old trades aren't even worth the materials to get the item anymore, but that is just my opinion
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
Once they retire those trades, the items that are 'not worth the materials' will soon start raising in price, thus making them once again worth the materials, especially as we get close to open reg and have more reg windows with newer players wanting to get the old swipp trades.

I am fine with them removing items from swipp that can be gotten elsewhere, however, I do not support retiring swipp exclusive trades, no matter how old the trade is. I have seen the peryton trade (the wispwillow one I believe) as well, though it came at a time I wasn't online (I am on the ping list for it). I have seen it at least a couple of times, all at times I wasn't online.

So, same as gemajgall, no support. I personally would like it if they never retired another item again, just cycled them, but that is just my opinion.
Once they retire those trades, the items that are 'not worth the materials' will soon start raising in price, thus making them once again worth the materials, especially as we get close to open reg and have more reg windows with newer players wanting to get the old swipp trades.

I am fine with them removing items from swipp that can be gotten elsewhere, however, I do not support retiring swipp exclusive trades, no matter how old the trade is. I have seen the peryton trade (the wispwillow one I believe) as well, though it came at a time I wasn't online (I am on the ping list for it). I have seen it at least a couple of times, all at times I wasn't online.

So, same as gemajgall, no support. I personally would like it if they never retired another item again, just cycled them, but that is just my opinion.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support here either.

While you might find the 'old trades' boring because you just wait for the new stuff players that will join in the future will have no chance of getting any of these items if we retire them now in favor of the inpatient mass.

I'm not even in favor of cycling them just yet. Cycling takes many month sometimes years fro the item to come back as we see it done with cycled items we now have. That is one hell of a long waiting time and much worse than waiting a few days or weeks for a trade to come up.
No support here either.

While you might find the 'old trades' boring because you just wait for the new stuff players that will join in the future will have no chance of getting any of these items if we retire them now in favor of the inpatient mass.

I'm not even in favor of cycling them just yet. Cycling takes many month sometimes years fro the item to come back as we see it done with cycled items we now have. That is one hell of a long waiting time and much worse than waiting a few days or weeks for a trade to come up.
I still think that Crown of Bones, the Aqua Birdskull set, and the Venomscale set should be gotten in another way than Swipp.

Not retiring. Just, moving them away from Swipp.

I still think that Crown of Bones, the Aqua Birdskull set, and the Venomscale set should be gotten in another way than Swipp.

Not retiring. Just, moving them away from Swipp.

The retirement argument based on trust is a direct match to the people who argue that un-retiring items breaks trust. The argument goes both ways. That's my point. If un-retiring items the staff said they wouldn't breaks trust, than retiring items that the staff said will always be available ALSO breaks trust.
The retirement argument based on trust is a direct match to the people who argue that un-retiring items breaks trust. The argument goes both ways. That's my point. If un-retiring items the staff said they wouldn't breaks trust, than retiring items that the staff said will always be available ALSO breaks trust.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
The thing is, there is a precedent for Swipp trades being retired, but the item being given away in another way. (coliseum/chests...)

So, if undesirable trades are removed from Swipp, but put elsewhere, it doesn't breach anything.
The thing is, there is a precedent for Swipp trades being retired, but the item being given away in another way. (coliseum/chests...)

So, if undesirable trades are removed from Swipp, but put elsewhere, it doesn't breach anything.
The title of this thread isn't about relocating or cycling. The title of this thread expressly says "retired." And I do not support retiring these items for all the arguments previously made.

The title of this thread isn't about relocating or cycling. The title of this thread expressly says "retired." And I do not support retiring these items for all the arguments previously made.

Pings are disabled.

1 2 3 4