Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Adjust piece repulsion in Jigsaw
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Alright, the fixed repulsion of puzzles is okay for me now. Pieces still sometimes repel each other when they're supposed to snap together, but much less often, and the decreased repel distance is helpful.
Alright, the fixed repulsion of puzzles is okay for me now. Pieces still sometimes repel each other when they're supposed to snap together, but much less often, and the decreased repel distance is helpful.
Did they change anything again? Because everything doesn't move anymore when I touch one piece, regardless of where it is. And that's good.
Did they change anything again? Because everything doesn't move anymore when I touch one piece, regardless of where it is. And that's good.
I like this suggestion.
I actually like playing Jigsaw before, but now I can't stand it because of the pieces not snapping together easily anymore.
I like this suggestion.
I actually like playing Jigsaw before, but now I can't stand it because of the pieces not snapping together easily anymore.
@Buu Pretty much covers my opinion in his/her post.

Jigsaw puzzles were the only reliable way for me to make some treasure, as Runestones bores me to tears, and the Colosseum often freezes after only a few battles, incurring energy loss. I'm not interested in playing a jigsaw puzzle that actively fights being put together.

It is always a bad sign when game developers begin trying to prevent players from "playing the wrong way" when said way isn't harmful to other players experience of the game.
@Buu Pretty much covers my opinion in his/her post.

Jigsaw puzzles were the only reliable way for me to make some treasure, as Runestones bores me to tears, and the Colosseum often freezes after only a few battles, incurring energy loss. I'm not interested in playing a jigsaw puzzle that actively fights being put together.

It is always a bad sign when game developers begin trying to prevent players from "playing the wrong way" when said way isn't harmful to other players experience of the game.
[quote name="Thrage" date="2013-06-27 14:02:26" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=2&id=173319#182450"]I've made some more tweaks to the drifting, it should act a little less like Mexican Jumping Beans now.[/quote]
I've made some more tweaks to the drifting, it should act a little less like Mexican Jumping Beans now.
After the recent tweak, I tried out my usual attempt at an easy puzzle. The puzzle pieces seemed to stop grooving around at every click of a piece, thankfully! The repulsion is still trying to prevent snapping in some cases, but that's more if there's one or two pieces trying to come between the soulmates. D: Pretty sure the suggestions of a larger workspace/neutral piece zone to pick out from will help with that though.
After the recent tweak, I tried out my usual attempt at an easy puzzle. The puzzle pieces seemed to stop grooving around at every click of a piece, thankfully! The repulsion is still trying to prevent snapping in some cases, but that's more if there's one or two pieces trying to come between the soulmates. D: Pretty sure the suggestions of a larger workspace/neutral piece zone to pick out from will help with that though.
3OlW6CM.png0pojNfB.png
This change is a lot better. No more Jumping Pieces Nausea, haha! Thanks so much for hearing us out about that! :'D
This change is a lot better. No more Jumping Pieces Nausea, haha! Thanks so much for hearing us out about that! :'D
[quote name="Lechet" date="2013-06-27 15:17:58" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=20&id=165055#183322"][quote name="Thrage" date="2013-06-27 14:02:26" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=2&id=173319#182450"]I've made some more tweaks to the drifting, it should act a little less like Mexican Jumping Beans now.[/quote][/quote] Thanks a lot for showing me! There's so many posts now that everything gets lost. I think that how this is now is doable. I'm satisfied with it.
I've made some more tweaks to the drifting, it should act a little less like Mexican Jumping Beans now.
Thanks a lot for showing me! There's so many posts now that everything gets lost.

I think that how this is now is doable. I'm satisfied with it.
I'm ok with it, and just managed to complete a normal mode puzzle dispite the fact my eyes couldn't really focus on the pieces. ..my eyes are still tearing up from that. ;u;
I'm ok with it, and just managed to complete a normal mode puzzle dispite the fact my eyes couldn't really focus on the pieces. ..my eyes are still tearing up from that. ;u;
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
Just putting my two cents in and saying the new mechanics don't bother me. Took a bit to get use to, but I still solve the puzzles in about the same amount of time.
Though I'm in agreement with others and that a larger workspace would make things a lot less frustrating.
Just putting my two cents in and saying the new mechanics don't bother me. Took a bit to get use to, but I still solve the puzzles in about the same amount of time.
Though I'm in agreement with others and that a larger workspace would make things a lot less frustrating.
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41