Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Must Name Before Exalting
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 20
@Blackrayser

It was your choice to buy that dragon with an unnamed offspring. No one forced you to buy it, and it is your responsibility to check a dragon before buying if things like unnamed exalts bother you in offspring lists

If there were such a scroll then only the person who exalted the dragon should have the ability to rename it which means it would be useless for your purpose. Those dragons are still tied to their account, and thus still technically belong to them.

How would this scenario be handled anyway? Person 1 bred the dragon and sold it, person two bought it and bred it and exalted it unnamed, person three bought one parent from person 1, person 4 bought one of the offspring and person 5 bought the other parent of the dragon.

In that scenario, who gets the right to rename it?

Person 1 - the Breeder?
Person 2 - The person who exalted it and potentially has it in their lore?
Person 3 - The person who had nothing to do with the hatchling that was exalted but bought the parent?
Person 4 - again, another person with nothing to do with the hatchling except they have a dragon with an unnamed parent?
Person 5 - Like Person 3, person 5 had nothing to do with the dragon and only bought a parent.

So, as I said, who would get the right to rename it, and would it only be from unnamed, meaning that if you hate Pop Band names, but person 1 gets there first and renames it to a pop band reference you are now stuck with that? Or would you then get to rename it because you have a parent/exalted the dragon/own offspring from it?

Again, if you don't own the dragon (and in your case never owned it) then you do not and should not have any say over it, whether exalted or not, it belongs to someone else.
@Blackrayser

It was your choice to buy that dragon with an unnamed offspring. No one forced you to buy it, and it is your responsibility to check a dragon before buying if things like unnamed exalts bother you in offspring lists

If there were such a scroll then only the person who exalted the dragon should have the ability to rename it which means it would be useless for your purpose. Those dragons are still tied to their account, and thus still technically belong to them.

How would this scenario be handled anyway? Person 1 bred the dragon and sold it, person two bought it and bred it and exalted it unnamed, person three bought one parent from person 1, person 4 bought one of the offspring and person 5 bought the other parent of the dragon.

In that scenario, who gets the right to rename it?

Person 1 - the Breeder?
Person 2 - The person who exalted it and potentially has it in their lore?
Person 3 - The person who had nothing to do with the hatchling that was exalted but bought the parent?
Person 4 - again, another person with nothing to do with the hatchling except they have a dragon with an unnamed parent?
Person 5 - Like Person 3, person 5 had nothing to do with the dragon and only bought a parent.

So, as I said, who would get the right to rename it, and would it only be from unnamed, meaning that if you hate Pop Band names, but person 1 gets there first and renames it to a pop band reference you are now stuck with that? Or would you then get to rename it because you have a parent/exalted the dragon/own offspring from it?

Again, if you don't own the dragon (and in your case never owned it) then you do not and should not have any say over it, whether exalted or not, it belongs to someone else.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

In real, I didn't know that exalted dragons stay connected to the account who exalted them, and this may change many things.
But we really need to solve this situation, because like the one who wanted the dragons unnamed has the right to do it, I have the same right to want it named. There must be a way to fix this problem and make everyone live happily ever after.
@Jemadar

In real, I didn't know that exalted dragons stay connected to the account who exalted them, and this may change many things.
But we really need to solve this situation, because like the one who wanted the dragons unnamed has the right to do it, I have the same right to want it named. There must be a way to fix this problem and make everyone live happily ever after.
ZkrybUr.pngHpFAuE9.png1NdxgnA.pngmszQFLE.pngDShktv0.pnglVtJpxL.pngm2UuQXy.pngFRqIr6K.pngblackrayser_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc058le.gif
FA1PXy5.png

@BlackRayser

There is one able right now. You just have to name dragons you own before you exalt or sell them. Unnamed is a name people can't give to a named dragon. So actually people who want unnamed or specific names are the ones with no control while people who just want any name but unnamed allready have all the control they need.

I suggested a alternative naming system a while ago.

@BlackRayser

There is one able right now. You just have to name dragons you own before you exalt or sell them. Unnamed is a name people can't give to a named dragon. So actually people who want unnamed or specific names are the ones with no control while people who just want any name but unnamed allready have all the control they need.

I suggested a alternative naming system a while ago.
@BlackRayser

Yeah, many people don't realize they are still connected to the account (though with dragon restoration now a thing, more people may realize that because it should only list YOUR dragons and not just any that were exalted in the past 14 days, which means that it has to have a way to determine who exalted what dragon). However, they do move with the account when the person switches flights (ie if I move to plague, the two dragons I exalted would now be exalted to the Plaguebringer)

However, I slightly disagree with the next part. In the scenario I presented, the only person that has a 'right' to the dragon's name is the person who exalted it. They bought/bred it and they exalted it, so it is therefore theirs and they are the only person who has a right to change anything about the dragon (if it were possible).

There have been alternative solutions presented such as the ability to hide offspring (which was tried but the results weren't 'pretty' I believe it crashed the site) and being able to give dragons on offspring lists (and parent lists) 'nicknames' so that you can have your lists exactly as you want, but it wouldn't affect anyone else (there is some debate whether or not the nicknames should be viewable to everyone who views the dragon or only the owner of the dragon or whether there should be a toggle for individuals to choose whether they see people's nicknames for the dragons or see what the dragons are actually named.)
@BlackRayser

Yeah, many people don't realize they are still connected to the account (though with dragon restoration now a thing, more people may realize that because it should only list YOUR dragons and not just any that were exalted in the past 14 days, which means that it has to have a way to determine who exalted what dragon). However, they do move with the account when the person switches flights (ie if I move to plague, the two dragons I exalted would now be exalted to the Plaguebringer)

However, I slightly disagree with the next part. In the scenario I presented, the only person that has a 'right' to the dragon's name is the person who exalted it. They bought/bred it and they exalted it, so it is therefore theirs and they are the only person who has a right to change anything about the dragon (if it were possible).

There have been alternative solutions presented such as the ability to hide offspring (which was tried but the results weren't 'pretty' I believe it crashed the site) and being able to give dragons on offspring lists (and parent lists) 'nicknames' so that you can have your lists exactly as you want, but it wouldn't affect anyone else (there is some debate whether or not the nicknames should be viewable to everyone who views the dragon or only the owner of the dragon or whether there should be a toggle for individuals to choose whether they see people's nicknames for the dragons or see what the dragons are actually named.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="@BlackRayser" date=2017-10-28 09:15:40] I recently bought a 4 year old dragon, all her hatchlings were exalted because they were horrible and one of them was unnamed. And this seems right to you? It wasn't my fault, since I didn't exalt the hatchling and, honestly, the idea of buying dragons whose little ones can never be named again really bother me :\[/quote] Yes, this seems absolutely right to me. The previous owner decided not to name the hatchlings, and it was their decision. It might have been out of indifference to the issue, or probably a lore thing, both are legit. No one forces you to buy a dragon you don't like - be it wrong colors, wrong genes, wrong parents' names or wrong offspring list. It was your choice to buy it regardless, I don't understand why you're trying to blame someone else for your own decision XD Moreover, oldie market heavily depends on neat offspring lists. If it was all named, you'd have to pay much more for the same dragon. Upd: [quote]But we really need to solve this situation, because like the one who wanted the dragons unnamed has the right to do it, I have the same right to want it named. There must be a way to fix this problem and make everyone live happily ever after.[/quote] That's a bit of a logic leap here. It's not about the right to name, it's about the ability to change the traits the dragon already posesses and you're aware of when you buy it. It's the same as asking the option to change the dragon's parents names, make it gen1 or change the hatching date. As you weren't the one to hatch these offsprings and they were born long before you had the parent, it's a bit weird that you should be the one to name them. Just... don't buy the dragon you're not fully satisfied with?.. I believe that's a good way to fix the problem. I mean, to me it sounds close to "I bought the dragon, I like it overall but I hate its secondary color. Oh, wish we could change the color of the secondary!" But... why didn't you buy a dragon with a secondary you didn't hate?.. :D
@BlackRayser wrote on 2017-10-28:
I recently bought a 4 year old dragon, all her hatchlings were exalted because they were horrible and one of them was unnamed. And this seems right to you? It wasn't my fault, since I didn't exalt the hatchling and, honestly, the idea of buying dragons whose little ones can never be named again really bother me :\
Yes, this seems absolutely right to me. The previous owner decided not to name the hatchlings, and it was their decision. It might have been out of indifference to the issue, or probably a lore thing, both are legit. No one forces you to buy a dragon you don't like - be it wrong colors, wrong genes, wrong parents' names or wrong offspring list. It was your choice to buy it regardless, I don't understand why you're trying to blame someone else for your own decision XD

Moreover, oldie market heavily depends on neat offspring lists. If it was all named, you'd have to pay much more for the same dragon.

Upd:
Quote:
That's a bit of a logic leap here. It's not about the right to name, it's about the ability to change the traits the dragon already posesses and you're aware of when you buy it. It's the same as asking the option to change the dragon's parents names, make it gen1 or change the hatching date. As you weren't the one to hatch these offsprings and they were born long before you had the parent, it's a bit weird that you should be the one to name them.

Just... don't buy the dragon you're not fully satisfied with?.. I believe that's a good way to fix the problem.

I mean, to me it sounds close to "I bought the dragon, I like it overall but I hate its secondary color. Oh, wish we could change the color of the secondary!" But... why didn't you buy a dragon with a secondary you didn't hate?.. :D
You only own dragons in your lair. Dragons you exalt remain linked to your lair, but are beyond change (well unless you recall them with the new system). Those somebody else exalted, named or otherwise don't belong to you in any way. If a dragon having unnamed offspring bothers you, don't buy dragons with unnamed offspring. Not all of those are even necessarily exalted and you certainly couldn't expect to force a name on a dragon in somebody else's lair so why should you get to do so for exalted ones? Just saying. Once again, the owner of the dragon has control of the dragon right up until it goes to somebody else's lair and then they have zero.

Let me give you a reverse scenario. You buy a dragon and then somebody names one of their parents 'SnuggleBooBoo'. You'd have zero control over that either and it would show for the dragon in your lair.
You only own dragons in your lair. Dragons you exalt remain linked to your lair, but are beyond change (well unless you recall them with the new system). Those somebody else exalted, named or otherwise don't belong to you in any way. If a dragon having unnamed offspring bothers you, don't buy dragons with unnamed offspring. Not all of those are even necessarily exalted and you certainly couldn't expect to force a name on a dragon in somebody else's lair so why should you get to do so for exalted ones? Just saying. Once again, the owner of the dragon has control of the dragon right up until it goes to somebody else's lair and then they have zero.

Let me give you a reverse scenario. You buy a dragon and then somebody names one of their parents 'SnuggleBooBoo'. You'd have zero control over that either and it would show for the dragon in your lair.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
Nah just name degrs before you sell them if you care about their names. That way you don't have to force a playstyle onto someone else by adding a mechanic like this. Naming before selling shouldn't really effect your play style either because either way you want the dragons named right? I have plenty of unnamed unexalted dergs sitting in dead lairs that probably won't ever be named. Should a mechanic be made to force new owners of unnamed dragons to name them as soon as they buy them to fix this problem too? No because naming before selling fixes this similar problem as well.
Nah just name degrs before you sell them if you care about their names. That way you don't have to force a playstyle onto someone else by adding a mechanic like this. Naming before selling shouldn't really effect your play style either because either way you want the dragons named right? I have plenty of unnamed unexalted dergs sitting in dead lairs that probably won't ever be named. Should a mechanic be made to force new owners of unnamed dragons to name them as soon as they buy them to fix this problem too? No because naming before selling fixes this similar problem as well.
XriSV9h.gif
just name before you sell, it's not that deep
just name before you sell, it's not that deep
DVcXRyP.png
No support. I don't know why people make such a big deal of this, I mean I've sold dragons to people who exalted them after a few months, and didn't name 'em, but it's their dragon, I have ton of unnamed dragons too so whatever?
No support. I don't know why people make such a big deal of this, I mean I've sold dragons to people who exalted them after a few months, and didn't name 'em, but it's their dragon, I have ton of unnamed dragons too so whatever?
I like this idea!
I like this idea!
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19 20